Social Media Thread

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Shakuni » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:52 am

Anyone been following Rupa Subramanya? Very interesting case study there. Pre-2014, she was always anti-Modi. Then did a u-turn around the time of elections, even writing for Swarajya many times, and appearing at many of the 'right wing' centric panels and festivals till about 2016 or so. And now, it's turned into a full-blown anti-Modi, anti-India troll. What gives?

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 am

Whoever signs her paycheck?

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 am

And how is she an economist? I have searched far and wide to find any paper written by her, couldn't find any. The only thing I could find was a 'Freakonomics' rip-off named 'Indianomics'. How does someone like that get such a wide platform?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 am

Shakuni wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 am
And how is she an economist? I have searched far and wide to find any paper written by her, couldn't find any. The only thing I could find was a 'Freakonomics' rip-off named 'Indianomics'. How does someone like that get such a wide platform?
on twitter, she is rated amongst the top 4 economists in the world !!!.

In someone's nightmare, perhaps??

she has passed out from some hole in the wall university.

Abilities, less than mediocre, street cred NIL

gasbag par excellence and has to have an opinion on every topic under the sun and its all Modi's fault or the RSS's fault

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:12 am

Shakuni wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 am
I have a German Shepard and a Doberman who both understand economics better than this sold out creep.

This biatch gets a wide coverage because she is propped up as part of the BIF brigade, next stop the magsaysay??

Go here and once finished, print, and use as toilet paper.

https://richtopia.com/inspirational-peo ... World[/b]

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Stuff of dreams. :D
Thread.

https://twitter.com/veejaysai/status/10 ... 9462892549
मङ्गलम्

@veejaysai
Follow Follow @veejaysai
More
This reminded me of the first chapter from 'The Idol Thief' authored by @poetryinstone.

Lord Narasimha stayed in the well for all these centuries!

A couple of days ago, the priests found centuries-old manuscripts that gave them a clue. They began searching around the temple.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:50 pm

chetak wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:12 am

I have a German Shepard and a Doberman who both understand economics better than this sold out creep.

This biatch gets a wide coverage because she is propped up as part of the BIF brigade, next stop the magsaysay??

But Chetakji, the more serious point is that such two-bit nobodies are even propped up. This has genuinely sparked a deeper curiosity within me, and I've started studying the timelines of when she started coming into prominence. There seems to be no record of her career anywhere. Even the bullshit book she wrote claims she is "an economist, analyst, and writer. Previously she was a columnist for Wall Street Journal India." Prior to 2013, there's nothing there, and back then, she was 'Rupa Subramanya Dehejia'.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Shakuni wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:50 pm
chetak wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:12 am

But Chetakji, the more serious point is that such two-bit nobodies are even propped up. This has genuinely sparked a deeper curiosity within me, and I've started studying the timelines of when she started coming into prominence. There seems to be no record of her career anywhere. Even the bullshit book she wrote claims she is "an economist, analyst, and writer. Previously she was a columnist for Wall Street Journal India." Prior to 2013, there's nothing there, and back then, she was 'Rupa Subramanya Dehejia'.
Her husband is some sort of academic, in some low rated canadian/foreign uni if I am not wrong.

She is a social climbing, intellectual lightweight, pretentious bimbo looking to make a fast buck and trying to punch far above her weight class. she is a kannadiga from bangalore with delusions of grandeur, talking pompously about gourmet food and wine and now, all of a sudden, she is the top expert on all matters under the sun??.

Among the top economists of the world??, placed in the company of people like Ben Bernanke??

Wow, that's some leap of faith being asked of us, no??

She, for some strange reason, likes to flash a lot of leg in her twitter profile picture. Very unusual, for a married Indian female.

Questions for you.

why was kejriwal propped up?? and by whom??

how did he suddenly appear on the dilli political scene??

From where did he get the resources to contest??

Who ran his campaign??

wasn't that slick campaign run just like somebody from cambridge analytica or a near clone would be hired to do?? who are his shadowy backers and financiers??

all that church attack nonsense peaking to a crescendo just before the voting and then never ever heard of again?? Its par for the course for someone like CA and the church willingly cooperated too. That alone should have opened many eyes, no??

free electricity and free water?? That was the trap set and baited for the entitled lower classes of dilli who are mostly govt employees.

does khujliwal have the capacity to run or even supervise such a campaign??

while you are investigating the bimbo, take out some time for khujliwal too.

His is a far more interesting BIF sponsored case with proven congi involvement and active complicity.

Some politicos, with their extreme love for wine, women, and song as well as lots of money makes them untouchable landmines that are primed to go off.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 pm

All very good questions saar. At least Khujliwaal has become a laughing stock now - but that too after gaining 67 out of 70 seats in the assembly. Makes you wonder how easy it is to sway the abdul on the street with some baksheesh.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 am

Shakuni wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 pm
All very good questions saar. At least Khujliwaal has become a laughing stock now - but that too after gaining 67 out of 70 seats in the assembly. Makes you wonder how easy it is to sway the abdul on the street with some baksheesh.
You would think that, but believe it or not, there are still people who swear by him.

I was in Delhi the other day, and quite a few people buy his BS wholesale (that Modi isn't letting him bring the American dream to India). These folk will vote for him again... So if things remain as is, he will get fewer seats, but more than Congress.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 am

On the same lines, who is propping up Ramchand Guha , Swara Bhaskar and people like them while muzzling Abhijeet and Sonu types people.
Even keyboard warriors like Shehla Rasheed get more space on SM than many others.
I must admire their handlers that they always bet on loyal foot soldiers. How often have you seen any 'Fake-Luyten-Lib' converting to Liberal-Indic stance. Almost never.

PS: Its partly the so called RW system which floods timelines of any controversial tweet or message providing free PR to the said person.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:55 am

I am seeing a video floating around in Facebook. That is people turning away Prakash Edward (the Kuch Bhi) Raj away from the funeral of the CRPF martyr from Mandya, KA. Did that actually happen?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:16 am

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Squint Nayan

@SquintNeon2
18h18 hours ago
More
Annual Contract Rate

Dalla Cumra- 9 Crores
Dalla Headlight- 8 Cr
Madison Mawali- 1 Bunglow
Flat wali aunty- 3 flat in Gomti Nagar
Kaun jaat ho- 10 Cr
Stalker taklu- Zubair
Zubair- 72 Bakris
Radia aunty- 72 Circumcised Lulli
Pallu- Priyanka ka jutha khana

#OperationKaraoke

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:20 am

Who is Pallu?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:00 am

Pallavi Ghosh.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Haha makes so much sense now.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:10 pm

Isn't @AgentSaffron on Twitter a fellow jingo? Seems like he has been sent a defamation notice by Congress goons. Anything we can do to help?

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:04 am

I thought to reactivate this thread highlighting the information war against India on multiple news sites as well as social media sites. I am hoping however that members who are in the know regarding the actual story can provide an alternate version of events if they are available.

This includes stories on various social media sites as well as news sites as well. Let me try to give an example with below. The moment I got online today I feel like there is a surge on all social media sites of this Kashmiri urology doctor who was arrested by the police and taken in for questioning. Seems to me the driver is a Muslim and it really is the police services and not the Army.

Yet every jihadi the on the Internet is using this as a rallying cry it seems shouting India attacking all educated personnel including doctors eho are trying to help their patients.

Modi and Amit Shah really have to counter these kind social media blitzes. We can provide an alternate story of events if anybody really knows about it. In my mind he probably got taken in for a few questions and then released. However people want more masala than just that. Videos like this will stimulate the Jihadi fire as far away as Bradfordistan.

Kashmiri Doctor Detained After Raising Concerns About Patients, Access to Medicine

https://thewire.in/health/kashmiri-doct ... rns-police

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:07 am

An update I found on the story above. Seems like he's a genuine doc with a gold medal and achievement. We are currently trying to work with our sources to try and get more information regarding this if we can.

Dr Omar’s chutzpah

Read more at:
https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/opi ... aign=cppst

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 am

Got the video via WhatsApp and thought to share here. Shows West Africans celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi....in what I believe to be Ghana...
Have heard of Swami Ghanananda...who has developed a ashram there....//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d7898e307b ... WA0019.mp4

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:46 pm

https://exmuslims.org/

Being increasingly seeing some important posts from them on my twitter feed. They seem to be focusing mainly on freedom from the Hijab, concerns about usually report on Islamic violence worldwide. This is definitely an important group that we should give highlight two. There also seems to be growing explicitly in group in India that we rarely give support to. Definitely worth support from Hindu organizations.

Why India’s ex-Muslims struggle for recognition amid fear of retribution from the community

https://www.firstpost.com/india/why-ind ... 93021.html

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue May 31, 2022 5:40 am

While driving the other day this podcast came on from the BBC regarding "Trads" in India. Trads apparently stand for traditionalists and are meant to be the " extreme right-wing of India" if there is such a thing. It started off showing that Trads apparently were behind the app Bulli Bai targeting influential young Muslim women.

Then it moves on to meet a Trad called Govinda at one of the local Krishna temples. He is 16 and is talking off a Hindu Rashtra. A Hindu nation with ideals really coming from Sanathan Dharma where everybody is protected. However what follows then is the stereo typical attempt to try and link Hindus with Nazis.

There's an obvious ploy to try and link this concept of Hindu Rashtra with fascism. Modi with Hitler and of course the swastika link as well.

They then chop to our next scene where they meet up with the Muslim journalist who seems to be convinced of the relationship between Trad Hindus and Nazis and talking about Aryan purity.
This form of government is exclusivist especially to minorities and of course Dalits, he continues to chime.

While not included in this podcast, I have often heard the same thing of Subhas Chandra Bose and his meeting with Hitler.

So again, attempts being strongly made to link the concept of Hindu Rashtra with Nazi-ism/fascism led of course by chief fascist Modi.
It ends by saying not many ascribe to this view but the numbers are "growing".

I mean I don't even know where to begin with this. Instead of the genocide that we are faced over the history, akin to another Holocaust, there is a serious attempt to not only whitewash that completely but to make Hindus as the major protagonists in the new Nazi regime.

We can see how everybody seems to be throwing around this kind of connotation and the dangers it causes especially with Putin and the ongoing Ukraine war.

What is needed, I feel it is to really highlight the Hindu Holocaust and really show historically the numerous civilizations that continue to thrive under a Hindu Rashtra.
Chief being Iranian Parsis. We also have Syrian Christians escaping from Roman Catholics. Jews, Tibetans, Baha'i, Ahmediyyas, I mean the list is endless. Most of them escaping from Abrahamic faiths to escape persecution and come to India.

Instead of that, the new notion seems to be to switch history from saviors to persecutors. We should all be well aware regarding this trend and constantly quote the above.

India’s alt-right 'trads'

https://www.ivoox.com/en/india-8217-s-a ... 436_1.html

:cry: :cry: