Cricket

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Muns
Site Admin

Re: Cricket

Post by Muns » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:34 am

I guess what were trying to imply is that really competition between major superpowers as at that time July 15 at 2:51 a.m. IST India will be launching Chandrayaan 2. No cricket country is a space power like India....hence India in a different league of competition...
Some balm to heal the Semi final exit.....wave the flag and now shout ISRO and King Sivan....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Primus
BGR Member

Post by Primus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:15 am

The WC Finals has become a damp squib for me, just like it has for many Indians I am sure. Two teams that barely made it to the semis are playing for the cup, both of them having gotten there perhaps by our own fault and by the vagaries of luck, one of them not even having played a full and proper game with us. Having said that, I am rooting for NZ, if they win it will serve the BritPakis right for having put on the tournament in such horrid weather conditions. You wonder what the outcome would have been if there had been no disruptions on account of weather in any of the games.

Meanwhile, I too am very excited about Chandrayaan-2, although the real moment of truth will come a few months later when Vikram touches down on the lunar surface. Let us wish ISRO and Ma Bharati lots of good fortune in this endeavor. Who would have thought a few years ago that India would be capable of such feats.

sgk19862004
BGR Newbie

Post by sgk19862004 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:02 pm

superover

Primus
BGR Member

Post by Primus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:45 pm

In the end it was indeed a good game of cricket. Wonder what the NZ fielder who let the extra four runs in the overthrow in the last over feels. It is so important to realize that even a single run allowed due to a misfield can lose the match for you. Even though NZ led up until the 49th over and in the 50th it seemed impossible, England won only because they hit more boundaries in the match overall. What a way to win - or lose a cup final.

Catches do win matches as we all know, but a single misfield has lost the match for NZ.

Muns
Site Admin

Post by Muns » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Didn't really want to watch the cricket or the tennis today. Ended up seeing just the final moments of each. In my mind I was back in New Zealand as well as Roger Federer. #Back the Blackcaps. All Unfortunately both of them lost.
With regard to cricket I think that New Zealand were hard done at the end. To tie at 241 and then to tie the super over as well. It then had to fall down to who hit the most fours in the match. Not really a great rule to win the game on. It should really go on something along the lines of tennis with superover to superover until there is a result I feel.
Hardluck to New Zealand, I was hoping they would win. In either case, both of these teams defeated India before during the World Cup. India will always be a cricket crazy nation and its future is secure. However, hopefully cricket as a whole can grow with these two finalists.
A new World Cup winner!

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 pm

For me the best moment was to see Australia blown into oblivion in the semis, its good to see a WC final without them

Primus
BGR Member

Post by Primus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:12 pm

not that I like promoting this trashy site, but it does have a different take that I tend to agree with.

https://www.ndtv.com/opinion/no-england ... up-2069692

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:36 pm

CheersImage

Muns
Site Admin

Post by Muns » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 am

Another fantastic match for King Kohli the demolisher of oppositions. The amazing thing is the regularity which which he seems to break records. He just broke Miandads record against the West Indies. Watching his innings, and when he is on song you can truly understand his mastery. Okay he’s got some personality issues when it comes to chucking people out if he does not feel that they are compatible with him. He’s definitely one to pick his own side, but perhaps he deserves it?

He is now 42nd century. At the rate he is going it seems that he will break sections record sometime within the next year. If that is so it’s a phenomenal record especially when it comes to number of innings. He just broke Ganguly’s record as well for total number of runs. If you’re talking rate of which Kohli makes his hundreds, he seems to do it at twice the rate that Tendulkar did.

The World Cup isn’t fair. You can’t just lose one match and get kicked out. It was ours for the taking especially with the team that we have.
I will say however that I hope the West Indies shows some good opposition. Cricket seems to be a defining factor in the West Indies especially during the short time that I was there. There is some resurgence I feel with T20 and especially the monetization.

However most West Indians are increasingly turning to basketball as well as athletics to try and make a living out of it. West Indies have to inspire new young minds and hopefully the lure of the IPL especially monetization wires will encourage many new West Indians to take the plunge into Cricket as a sport instead of anything else. I honestly feel that T20 has saved cricket in the West Indies.

Muns
Site Admin

Post by Muns » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:12 am

Another fantastic match for King Kohli the demolisher of oppositions. The amazing thing is the regularity which which he seems to break records. He just broke Miandads record against the West Indies. Watching his innings, and when he is on song you can truly understand his mastery. Okay he’s got some personality issues when it comes to chucking people out if he does not feel that they are compatible with him. He’s definitely one to pick his own side, but perhaps he deserves it?

He is now 42nd century. At the rate he is going it seems that he will break Sachins record sometime within the next year. If that is so it’s a phenomenal record especially when it comes to number of innings. He just broke Ganguly’s record as well for total number of runs. If you’re talking rate of which Kohli makes his hundreds, he seems to do it at twice the rate that Tendulkar did.

The World Cup isn’t fair. You can’t just lose one match and get kicked out. It was ours for the taking especially with the team that we have.
I will say however that I hope the West Indies shows some good opposition. Cricket seems to be a defining factor in the West Indies especially during the short time that I was there. There is some resurgence I feel with T20 and especially the monetization.

However most West Indians are increasingly turning to basketball as well as athletics to try and make a living out of it. West Indies have to inspire new young minds and hopefully the lure of the IPL especially monetization will encourage many new West Indians to take the plunge into Cricket as a sport instead of anything else. I honestly feel that T20 has saved cricket in the West Indies.