The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KJo
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by KJo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm

I am in touch with a lot of Modi super-duper-bhakts and I find them highly annoying and condescending. It is almost like they are the Hindu versions of Islamic Jihadis. One of my old friends is one such, he keeps spamming everyone on Facebook and Whatsapp with propaganda until he gets blocked or unfollowed. He posts a lot of fake news which has killed his credibility at least with me. He posts stuff from "Times How" account instead of "Times Now" for example. Give me the truth, I am not going to fool myself with fake just to make myself feel better about India or state of Hindus. If you question them about anything or even disagree with any thing of Modi Sarkaar, they attack you viciously in a demeaning way laughing at your foolishness and taunting you that you deserve Pappu and Congress. They also are derisive about Hindus in general calling them fools and naive and demanding, not asking their vote at the same time in an arrogant fashion. If you want something from someone, make your case and request for it. Show some humility. Not say "do this for me or else you are f***ed ha ha ha dumbass!". I am very pro Hindu and want India to be a Hindu nation, but this is annoying even me. Thankfully Modi isn't behaving like this even if some of his Chief Ministers are talking out of their asses.

I discussed this feeling with a few people, including a friend who is in the press in India and he said that such people are causing a lot of trouble and damage to the cause by their arrogant behavior.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:37 pm

SSundar wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:12 am
KJo wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:44 pm
Sundar, but why Saar?
Is it for superstitious reasons or something more chankyan?
95% superstition. The other 5% is to make sure BJP does not get arrogant or complacent :)
400% proof right here that Hindoooooos are superstitious and backward thinking along with worshiping their idols in dark places. :shock:

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Thankfully Modi isn't behaving like this even if some of his Chief Ministers are talking out of their asses.
Pls don't fall for what the presstitutes report - they are targetting all BJP CMs in the run up to Karnataka elections. These are recent headlines - do you see a pattern?

New J-K Dy CM says Kathua rape and murder case was a 'small thing'
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/new-j ... 180430.htm

Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani Says Narad Muni Was Like Google
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/gujarat ... le-1845045

Tripura CM says only civil engineers suited for civil services
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/t ... 712959.ece

Is UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath losing his sheen?
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 695989.cms

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:29 pm

I agree that presstitutes are targeting, but issue is that these CMs open their mouths on issues that are unrelated to governance of their own states. Did Rupani talk about Narada or Google? If so, then how is it connected to running the state? If he did not, then he did not do anything wrong. Paid MSM are looking for something to report and some of these guys are giving them a lot of fodder.

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 pm

KJo wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:29 pm
I agree that presstitutes are targeting, but issue is that these CMs open their mouths on issues that are unrelated to governance of their own states. Did Rupani talk about Narada or Google? If so, then how is it connected to running the state? If he did not, then he did not do anything wrong. Paid MSM are looking for something to report and some of these guys are giving them a lot of fodder.

Whether one opens ones mouth or not- there will be news. :rotfl: This is presstitutes speciality to create news out of thin air. :)) :))

Recall NaMo does not talk- but sickulars target him saying he does nto open his mouth.
If someone from dharmic side opens- they will tar him/her completely with wrong and deliberate mistranslation.

This will happen till Dharmic side has a effective media backing them.
Till then twiddle thumb and suck it up honestly. :cry: :cry:

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Here's something weird.

I first saw a tweet by an RW that claimed NaMo govt has banned the import of Oxytocin because it is misused by human traffickers to make girls achieve puberty faster. Sounded a bit unbelievable. Hence I asked Google chacha.

Found this Reuters (and assorted DDM) reports on the same which says ban is due to abuse in animals (not humans). Reuters title was "shuddh" Gaurakshak version, of course.

India bans imports of hormone oxytocin to halt misuse in livestock industry

So far, so good. I would write than one down to one overenthusiastic RW Modi Fan. BUT...
The drug’s abuse in animals in India shortens their lives and makes them barren sooner, Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi has said.
Since when has Maneka Gandhi been an active Gaurakshak or Agriculture Minister?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:04 pm

KJo wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:37 pm
400% proof right here that Hindoooooos are superstitious and backward thinking along with worshiping their idols in dark places. :shock:
Guilty as charged, Saar! What next? Bring 'em on :rotfl:

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue May 01, 2018 12:09 am

KJo wrote:
SSundar wrote:
KJo wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:44 pm
Sundar, but why Saar?
Is it for superstitious reasons or something more chankyan?
95% superstition. The other 5% is to make sure BJP does not get arrogant or complacent :)
So you associate worshipping of idols with backwardness?

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue May 01, 2018 12:15 am

sanjayC wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:42 pm
Thankfully Modi isn't behaving like this even if some of his Chief Ministers are talking out of their asses.
Pls don't fall for what the presstitutes report - they are targetting all BJP CMs in the run up to Karnataka elections. These are recent headlines - do you see a pattern?

New J-K Dy CM says Kathua rape and murder case was a 'small thing'
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/new-j ... 180430.htm

Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani Says Narad Muni Was Like Google
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/gujarat ... le-1845045

Tripura CM says only civil engineers suited for civil services
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/t ... 712959.ece

Is UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath losing his sheen?
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 695989.cms
True and its easy to read between the lines. Basically the BIFs, both internal and external want to mock and make Indians feels ashamed of mere utterances of words like Mahabharat , Ramayan, culture, jauhar, worship etc to a point that people would even refrain from saying things like Shri Krishna lifted the Govardhan parvat. Anything that you say about Sanatan History and events is joked at. I hope at least people who have the wisdom to be on forums like BGR and BRF don't fall for this evanjihadi propoganda and start speaking like the dessert culties by dissing Sanatan aspects.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue May 01, 2018 1:06 am

Tripura CM Biplab Deb ‘Summoned’ To Delhi By PM Modi Over Controversial Remarks (Swarajya)

About effing time. Bunch of pointless, avoidable statements and for what, really? Face-palms aside, I mean.

P.S. Would be nice of NM too practices what he has preached - of avoiding avoidable statements like that recent one on PBUH, for instance. Sheesh. Lucky it didn't turn out to be another one of 'em LKA-on-Jinnah encomiums, which sank LKA's cred among the core voters.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Tue May 01, 2018 1:27 am

Why is everybody getting all tied up by the comments of Biplab Deb? Even Modi used to be a motor mouth not too long ago.

During the Vajpayee government era, he was once asked on a TV debate to comment on some remark Vajpayee had made and he said 'Vajpayee ji to kuch na kuch bolte hi rahte hain' - Vajpayee keeps saying something or the other! This he said about the sitting PM, and that too from his own party. I guess he now realizes the embarrassment he caused to ABV. :rotfl:

Then, when he was CM Gujarat (a role he has not outgrown yet), he said that let Gujarat keep its taxes from the centre and grow on its own. [A man who made this statement is now considered a nationalist!]

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Tue May 01, 2018 1:55 am

KJo wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm
I am in touch with a lot of Modi super-duper-bhakts and I find them highly annoying and condescending. It is almost like they are the Hindu versions of Islamic Jihadis. One of my old friends is one such, he keeps spamming everyone on Facebook and Whatsapp with propaganda until he gets blocked or unfollowed. He posts a lot of fake news which has killed his credibility at least with me. He posts stuff from "Times How" account instead of "Times Now" for example. Give me the truth, I am not going to fool myself with fake just to make myself feel better about India or state of Hindus. If you question them about anything or even disagree with any thing of Modi Sarkaar, they attack you viciously in a demeaning way laughing at your foolishness and taunting you that you deserve Pappu and Congress. They also are derisive about Hindus in general calling them fools and naive and demanding, not asking their vote at the same time in an arrogant fashion. If you want something from someone, make your case and request for it. Show some humility. Not say "do this for me or else you are f***ed ha ha ha dumbass!". I am very pro Hindu and want India to be a Hindu nation, but this is annoying even me. Thankfully Modi isn't behaving like this even if some of his Chief Ministers are talking out of their asses.

I discussed this feeling with a few people, including a friend who is in the press in India and he said that such people are causing a lot of trouble and damage to the cause by their arrogant behavior.
I fully agree with all the points you have raised except one.

Yes, Modi's Army of Donkeys is highly annoying, condescending, loud, brash, and imbecilic. But the correct group to compare them is Marxist (as well as Jihadis) - the thing to note is that that are all highly brainwashed and 'ideologically committed'. But their ideology is not based on any principles - it is driven by the reptilian part of their brain and is based on fear, insecurity, and the need for survival. The reptilian brain does not produce complex solutions - it is looking for the shortest way to ensure survival. These guys are thus looking for simple solutions - that's why they have got fixated on the personality of Modi. Their simple solution is to support Modi because his presence makes them feel secure.

That's why whenever they are confronted with negative news about Modi/Yogi/BJP etc, they go into cognitive dissonance and become aggressive. Because they need to go back to feeling secure again. The easiest (shortest!) way to refute another persons arguments is to attack the other person and his credibility. So the comments on Modi's detractors being dumbasses, black moneyed people, etc are designed to save THEMSELVES the trouble of thinking critically (that is, with self awareness).

The point you raised about 'Times How' vs 'Times Now' is very important - because it shows that these guys cannot differentiate between truth and reality. This is a case of delusional thinking - and is another trait they share with Marxists and Islamofascists.

The one point I do not agree with is that Modi is not like them, or somehow not responsible for their behaviour. If you listen to Modi's comments, you will notice he is deliberately triggering the insecurity and anxiety of such people - comments like 'this has not happened in 60 years' is designed to remind people of congress' dark side, etc. These comments trigger the reptilian part of the brain - which severely constrains the person's ability to think critically. Making such comments show a degree of psychological sophistication that has not been seen in Indian politics before that. That means that Modi is being advised by outsiders.

And last point:
This is the end game of the people who are advising Modi. The objective is to show that Hindus only have a unsophisticated and uncivilized side and to discredit Hinduism and make India ripe for Xtian harvesting.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue May 01, 2018 1:58 am

Trinamool Congress Bags Over 34 Per Cent Panchayat Posts Unopposed (swarajya)

Just to clarify - unopposed means the opposition were physically prevented from filing nomination papers. The stat election commission (SEC) are mere commission agents of the TMC machine in WB, hence nothing can be expected of them anyway.

People felt safer under CPM rule, apparently. TMC is 10x the goondagiri and violent intimidation. Like someone said on twitter, if CPM perfected 'scientific rigging' with a scalpel, JihaDidi is doing the same with an axe.

Heck, things are so bad in WB that even HC orders are being ignred by kolkata police and there seems tobe nothing anyone can do about it.

Fortunately, for the VS (vidhan sabha) polls, the national EC takes charge of all administrative and L&O machinery rather than the toothless state EC, brings in central forces from outside the state if necessary etc, so the above tactical brilliance may not work well for jihadidi then.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Tue May 01, 2018 2:15 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:58 am
Trinamool Congress Bags Over 34 Per Cent Panchayat Posts Unopposed (swarajya)

Just to clarify - unopposed means the opposition were physically prevented from filing nomination papers. The stat election commission (SEC) are mere commission agents of the TMC machine in WB, hence nothing can be expected of them anyway.

People felt safer under CPM rule, apparently. TMC is 10x the goondagiri and violent intimidation. Like someone said on twitter, if CPM perfected 'scientific rigging' with a scalpel, JihaDidi is doing the same with an axe.

Heck, things are so bad in WB that even HC orders are being ignred by kolkata police and there seems tobe nothing anyone can do about it.

Fortunately, for the VS (vidhan sabha) polls, the national EC takes charge of all administrative and L&O machinery rather than the toothless state EC, brings in central forces from outside the state if necessary etc, so the above tactical brilliance may not work well for jihadidi then.
During CPM rule, CPM and Jihadidi both had their own sets of goons and this helped maintain a balance of terror. After Didi wiped the floor with them, all of CPM goons have joined TMC, and now there is no one to oppose the gundas because are didi's gundas.

The level of extortion and destruction of rule of law has to be seen to be believed. Now even non-political people practice extortion because social structure and rule of law has completely broken down, and there are no employment opportunities.

Bengal needs President's rule for 5-10 years to be fixed, not elections because even a BJP rule will not fix the state.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Tue May 01, 2018 2:19 am

For those who are wondering, what is reptilian brain, here is a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain

And here is a relevant quote:
The reptilian complex, also known as the R-complex or "reptilian brain" was the name MacLean gave to the basal ganglia, structures derived from the floor of the forebrain during development. The term derives from the idea that comparative neuroanatomists once believed that the forebrains of reptiles and birds were dominated by these structures. MacLean proposed that the reptilian complex was responsible for species-typical instinctual behaviours involved in aggression, dominance, territoriality, and ritual displays.
Note the bolded part and compare Modi Bhaktian behaviour to that.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue May 01, 2018 2:22 am

Kabir wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:09 am
KJo wrote:
SSundar wrote:

It's an inside joke.
You are obviously new here (and to BRF).

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue May 01, 2018 3:25 am

Was a Modi-bhakt, me. Now am merely a Modi-voter, no longer an ardent fan. People change and evolve with time, I guess.

Its no secret that the 2014 like atmosphere and wave like support for NM cutting across social (not communal however) divisions is absent in 2019. The core voters attack NM from the right because he has done little and spoken even less about their concerns and issues. And they have a point there, I sympathize and even identify with them on this one.

Like Kejri moved to woo the size-able low income groups post his shock victory in 2015 completely disowning the middle class who vocally supported and trusted him, so has NM also moved away from his most vocal supporter set (the core voters) to get support from the numerically much larger low-income class in both the rurals and the urbans. Unlike kejri, NM actually worked and delivered at least something to this class, however so when he comes seeking their vote, he will have something tangible to offer.

I hope NM's gambit pays off and wins him re-election in 2019 after which he can focus at last partly on allaying core voter concerns. By then the worst of the UPA loyalists in the babucracy and the upper judas-iary would have retired allowing a more ideologically reasonable set to assume positions of power. And the RS position would also have improved some. Or so I hope. Time will tell.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue May 01, 2018 3:50 am

KJo wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:22 am
Kabir wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:09 am
KJo wrote:

It's an inside joke.
You are obviously new here (and to BRF).
Well not really and I couldn't relate the sarcasm to the post on Modi bhakts. If you look at it the BIFs have actually succeeded in their plan to abuse the word bhakt by making even Indics use it non-nonchalantly now.
Added - Its like AAP supporters having no problems in calling themselves AAPtards, as Bhakts used to be mentioned in derogatory sense by congis and AAP

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue May 01, 2018 4:18 am

Kabir wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:50 am
If you look at it the BIFs have actually succeeded in their plan to abuse the word bhakt by making even Indics use it non-nonchalantly now.
I am known to bite people's heads off if they use that 'B' word in front of me. We need to stand up for ourselves. Black Americans call each other with the 'N' word casually but that does not mean they let others refer to them by the same word. The 'B' word is a blatant insult to Hindus, period.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue May 01, 2018 4:33 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:25 am
Was a Modi-bhakt, me. Now am merely a Modi-voter, no longer an ardent fan. People change and evolve with time, I guess.
I was a Modi hopeful but now I am a bhakt. I was never under any illusion he will do a lot on right wing core issues. But I am pleasantly surprised by the systematic process he has adopted to address right wing issues. I believe longer term his approach is more beneficial and will bring about permanent changes.

What ever be the lack of progress on core issues, he more than made up by some stunning achievements on other fronts that we could have only dreamed of before 2014. Electrification of all villages, 100 % house hold electrification by 2019, 24/7 power supply by 2019, swacch bharat, smart city projects, under ground electric cabling pilot projects, GST, digital money, curbing black money and tax evasion (its a work in progress), digitization of judiciary, 1000 Ph.D scheme, Assam NRC, bankruptcy code, resolving NPAs, fixing the economy, enemy properties act, infrastructure push, roads, railways, ports, renewable energy focus, Ganga rejuvenation, Make in India, net zero electronic imports by 2022, effective use of Aadhar and these are just at the top of my head.

If some body told me he would do all that in one term in 2014, I would have laughed at him. What is even more important is that there is a definite plan and a vision on the end goal for all the above. It's not a piecemeal implementation for the short term with an eye on the optics but an effort to bring long term and sustainable changes in the very way India functions.

For one, I am pleasantly surprised and extremely satisfied with what he has done in just one term. And its even more commendable considering the state of the economy he inherited. He is making Hindus strong for the battles ahead.

I care less about RJB or UCC than demographics. My vote is for anyone who can kick out the illegal BDs and put a curb on muslim birth rate. Right now my best bet is NaMo.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue May 01, 2018 5:15 am

^^ He has curbed illegal BD immigration?

Pray tell me what he has done to seal off the border. If you pay 3k, BSF soldiers will let you through - I know this through trusted sources.

I ask not to be sarcastic or anything, but genuine concern.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 am

I was, am, and will be a ModiJi bhakt. And for me its because he is genuine at heart, wants to do the right thing, and above all, he is taking a long-term view of things. In other words, he is playing a test innings, not a T-20 innings. But that said, I do get irritated that he doesn't go on the attack more often (for e.g., BJP image has taken a sound beating post Kathua, and he could have stepped on the gas pedal much earlier), his TSP policy has been a disaster, and occasionally the crass politician in him annoys me: for e.g., his BS about silence during Muslim prayer during a meeting, his latest Man ki Baat etc. They smack more of political correctness than genuine feelings.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue May 01, 2018 5:51 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:15 am
^^ He has curbed illegal BD immigration?

Pray tell me what he has done to seal off the border. If you pay 3k, BSF soldiers will let you through - I know this through trusted sources.

I ask not to be sarcastic or anything, but genuine concern.
Where did I say he curbed illegal BD Immigration? But progress on Assam NRC is seen only after BJP came to power in Assam.
Progress on smart fencing along BD and Paki border.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/india-o ... am-1836234

I'll take this than some mythical RW warrior who is going to do everything in one fell swoop.
Hopefully, his digitization efforts will mature to such an extent that any extra income by such corrupt people will be caught and punished.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 am

crams wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 am
I was, am, and will be a ModiJi bhakt. And for me its because he is genuine at heart, wants to do the right thing, and above all, he is taking a long-term view of things. In other words, he is playing a test innings, not a T-20 innings. But that said, I do get irritated that he doesn't go on the attack more often (for e.g., BJP image has taken a sound beating post Kathua, and he could have stepped on the gas pedal much earlier), his TSP policy has been a disaster, and occasionally the crass politician in him annoys me: for e.g., his BS about silence during Muslim prayer during a meeting, his latest Man ki Baat etc. They smack more of political correctness than genuine feelings.
When he is trying to end TT and polygamy, he has to make sure that muslims including women who benefit the most and want those things to happen do not consider it as some conspiracy against Islam or an election ploy to garner Hindu votes. If he is attacking some aspect of islam, he has to make some conciliatory gestures on some others. It's common sense and a prudent thing to do. Saying so will change nothing on the ground, either for Hindus or for Muslims.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue May 01, 2018 7:34 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:06 am
Tripura CM Biplab Deb ‘Summoned’ To Delhi By PM Modi Over Controversial Remarks (Swarajya)

About effing time. Bunch of pointless, avoidable statements and for what, really? Face-palms aside, I mean.

P.S. Would be nice of NM too practices what he has preached - of avoiding avoidable statements like that recent one on PBUH, for instance. Sheesh. Lucky it didn't turn out to be another one of 'em LKA-on-Jinnah encomiums, which sank LKA's cred among the core voters.
From Twitter:
So @BjpBiplab was speaking at Tripura Vet. Council meeting on World Veterinary Day. His message was that farming/dairy/livestock are not demeaning professions. Graduates should shed their inhibitions. Govt jobs are not the only employment. He is absolutely correct in what he said..Media twisted
Presstitutes are deliberately twisting statements of BJP CMs to turn them into laughing stock, so stop blaming BJP leaders - presstitutes will keep twisting regardless of what they say or don't say. Presstitutes won't stop till BJP inserts a hot rod up their rectum - this is where BJP has failed.