The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
manju
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by manju » Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 am

salaam wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm
Kindly advice:

How to mark a user so that I don’t see his posts.
It works great and lot of peace of mind!! :rotfl:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu May 31, 2018 9:55 am

twitter
Without @narendramodi these wonderful people would not have united to save the Nation from corruption - still, many complain that NaMo is divisive

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Any crystal ball gazing based on outcome of Kairana by poll going to united opposition?

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu May 31, 2018 1:57 pm

SSundar wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:14 pm
The EJ ecosystem will now move to the container transshipment port project. That project is a lot more strategic to India than Sterlite. The bloodhounds will be drooling at the prospect of scuttling that one.
Are you talking about the Tuticorin/Thoothukudi container port? Well in that case KL is planning a real big port at Vizhinjam off Thiruvananthapuram. Adani is the company who is building it. Vizhinjam is also an EJ belt. Best would be to get the KL EJs and TN EJs into a fighting match. Who wins gets the port.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Thu May 31, 2018 4:01 pm

gablu wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm
Any crystal ball gazing based on outcome of Kairana by poll going to united opposition?
Kairana is 80% muslim and 20% non-muslim. BSP or SP will win.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu May 31, 2018 4:10 pm

sbajwa wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:01 pm
gablu wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm
Kairana is 80% muslim and 20% non-muslim. BSP or SP will win.

How did BJP win last time with only 20% Hindus ?
Also what happened to rumors of Muslim women voting en-mass for Modi due to TTT law. All bogus and fraud. No Muslim will ever vote for BJP, ever.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm

Muslim voters will be more motivated.

TFWIW

http://www.opindia.com/?p=109801

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Thu May 31, 2018 5:43 pm

sbajwa wrote: Kairana is 80% muslim and 20% non-muslim. BSP or SP will win.
Vikas wrote: How did BJP win last time with only 20% Hindus ?
Bajwa ji, as per the article Supratik ji linked, pi$$fuls are 35% of the population. BTW, loved the analysis using hard numbers; hope the numbers hold for GE2019, just like they did in GE2014.

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Thu May 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am
RM talks about this very thing in his speech in UK from March this year. Watch from 1.09 onwards:

From my own experience, meeting people from Europe on various workshops around the world, it appears that a large number of well educated people today are only 'cultural' Christians/Jews. If you look at the statistical data from say France, there has been a rapid decline of Christianity. From around 90% during WWII, it is now barely a majority of 52% or so, the steepest drop coming in the last 30 yrs. However, at the same time, Islam is growing rapidly, now 6% in France. So much so that Douglas Murray laments loudly about this in his book 'The Strange Death of Europe".
Primus sir, thanks for the video and sorry for the late response, been travelling a bit. Shri RM ji is a very to the point speaker,no dancing about the bush regarding facts.
He mentions that the americans and the euros are steadily questioning their imported faith, and that that are finding it similar to vedic hinduism, which is well and true, but what recollection do these stalwarts actually have of this faith that they profess to practice. Some racial memory about the rightness of ideas;and the way of life built on such flimsy foundations? All they have is the Nordic/Druidic legend of some 13th century Icelandic poet,grave sites for worshiped trees , and the hatred for the jewish themed religion fettering them that snipes at their beliefs with every passing day and makes them acquiesce to customs that is antithetical to their set ways.What they really want is the world to remain with the 60's sensibilities but with today's technology at hand. All that they have doctored with regards to the new age religion of Wiccan,Heathenism is sourced from our older manuscripts plus the teachings of the German writers from the ascendant Prussian days to the end of the Third Reich. Which is why imo, the people heave turned to atheism, which the role of the church being relegated to that of just a community organizer sans the religious head space that they previously enjoyed. The ones opting for the new old religions are the racist lot with "Aryan" sensibilities coursing through their veins, constructing a religion that is part ceremonial, part racist, part meta and zero religious.
PS: Also for some reason every racist pos has a thing for Buddha, the fake manuals abound with His teachings, wonder if they ever connected the dots to JC and thought the concept was hijacked by the jews.
Secondly, he mentions that the soft power reparation ongoing between the whites and blacks in the US. This is all for optics, the whites would rather that the blacks go back to Africa and establish Wakanda;many express anguish that they brought slaves to their shores for menial tasks and the slaves did not conveniently die when they had no further need of them. The blacks are never going back, not when compared to what US is currently now to what africa might in all probability never be. The tithe they paid to the white man in form of slave labour and natural resources loot, entitles them in their minds to a piece of the civilization not created for them. The ones who do indulge in such unicorn cuddling, disgust the conservatives even more and further the rift.
The problem as I see it is the stagnation of science, paraphrasing from an article I read " We were promised space ships and flying cars by 2010, all we got was 140 characters.".With progress in just technology, we can now communicate with one another and express redundant views about all and sundry and everyone is connected to the other all the time; with the progress marching on this is supposed to get even more streamlined and "exciting". If the human race does not get their minds to the furthering of its own cause but instead focus on the justice for all model, it will end up like the gut bacteria eating us from the inside out.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 pm

Guys, I may not be an expert on by-polls Vs national polls and the different dynamics that determine their outcome, but I will be lying if I did not admit that I am depressed and shell shocked at the results. BJP only winning 2 or 3 of the 15 polls that were held around the country. Worse, I could not watch the gloating by the thugbandhan and their media mouthpieces. Saba Naqvi can't control her thrill and so is the case with Pagalika, Shivam Vij, Omar Abdullah's keep etc. And last, but not the least, this triumphant tone by Lutyen mafia that communalism was defeated is so much bull, I can't take it.

I also don't know the upcoming election schedule, except that MP and Rajasthan polls are due later in the year, but I hope for another 3-4 months, there are no more high-profile polls. BJP definitely needs a breather and ModiJi can concentrate on doing his job, and Amit Shah and strategists take stock of the situation and come up with a strategy to halt this decline in fortunes for the BJP.

I wouldn't declare BJP is on a free fall just yet, because we just saw despite all the gloom and doom post earlier bypolls, BJP almost pulled it off in Karnataka.

I think contrary to some who say the thugbandhan will not last, maybe so after 2019, but running up to 2019, I see a determination among the thugbandhan ranks. Pappu's handlers are playing smart conceding space to their fellow casteist partners. They are all united in their obsession to prevent Hindu consolidation for various reasons, and for this alone, I see them putting up a united fight. Pappu & Co might steal the thunder once the battle is won, but up until then, they have tasted BJP blood and will keep it that way.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:53 am

Against the wish of all ladies and gents here, I will talk about a petty trivial problem of us commons.
https://www.tripoto.com/trip/shimla-has ... d02e3f3093

Shimla Has Officially Run Out Of Water And It's Time You Postpone Those Summer Vacation Plans

A haven for couples, families and backpackers alike, Shimla is probably one of the most visited places in the hilly state of Himachal Pradesh. It is this tourist-friendly nature of Himachal Pradesh's capital city which might have just landed it in a soup. Owing to a range of causes which also includes over-tourism, Shimla is now facing a massive water shortage with taps running dry all over the popular hill town.

What is Shimla's water crisis all about?

In a classic case of the repercussions of over exerting natural resources, Shimla is facing one of its worst water crisis ever recorded. The availability of water from all the sources has fallen to about 22 million litres per day (MLD) against the normal availability of 42 MLDs. Hospitals, schools, hotels, shops and residences are all facing a similar situation. The shortage has now started expanding to small towns located on Shimla's outskirts such as Sanjauli and Tara Devi amongst others. While some are deciding to leave Shimla altogether for the time being, most of the locals are reeling under a condition that has left them with nothing but hope that they will soon see water running down their taps.

What is causing this acute water shortage?

At the heart of Shimla's water crisis is the phenomenon of rising global temperatures. Himachal Pradesh is the latest addition to the list of places in India that have been experiencing unreasonably high temperatures over the past few years. Speaking of Shimla specifically, the capital city received very little rainfall in the monsoon of 2017. To add to that, there was almost no precipitation in winters as well which led to water sources drying up.

The heavy tourist influx with the onset of summer has only put more pressure on these water sources, pushing the city into a massive water crisis. On the Government's end, there is no way yet to draw water from the several small and big rivers that flow through the state. While Shimla is one city that sees a water shortage almost every year, the magnitude this year is unlike ever seen before, claim locals.

Who is affected? . ....
Imo, the mess is less due to global warming but more because huge amount if underground water is mined across India and underground water level has depleted across India. And so water beneath ground is now flowing from lakes to ocean at a much much faster rate. And so lakes dry out faster than before. As an analogy, if the pipe from source to sink becomes wider, the source will empty at a faster rate. Here the pipe is river plus underground water streams. Underground water streams have imo become broader due to excessive mining of underground water

And one reason behind excessive underground water use and river / lake water use imo is "WASTAGE".

================

SOLUTION?

Imo solution is to reduce "wastage". So how can wastage be reduced?

SoMoKe and congress/rss/aap have put up excellent law-drafts by which water wastage across India can be reduced I request all to ask SoMoke-supporters and congress/rss/aap workers to provide the links to the law-drafts SoMoKe and CoRaAp have proposed to reduce water crisis. I had proposed a law draft on BRF in year 2000 AD (yes, no typo, year 2000 AD, not BC) which as expected was rejected was all BRFites as a useless solution and much worse than solution provided by Modiji / RSS . The law-drafts I have proposed are on my SM profile (and admins have told me not to put links to my SM profile here, and I so like a good obedient achchha BRFite, I wont put these links here). I would request all to read the law-drafts congress/rss/aap have put on their websites, and decide which law they want to support to reduce this water crisis.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:17 am

It will be very tough for bjp to come back in 2019 without hindu consolidation for which they spent 0 hours in last 4 years. And gathbandhan is here to stay. They will complete 5 years. Politics is business now for family run parties. These corporate parties will work out their joint venture. It is ideology vs corporate politics.

BJP is ideological party and they did zilch for ideological consolidation.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 am

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:12 am

Mean while.. "secularism" at full swing in Mizoram
Campaign in Mizoram to drive out 'radical Hindu' Governor Kummanam Rajasekharan.
The BJP can very much show case this as what would happen when Indian states have non-Hindu majority population. This latest drama seems to be organised by Keralite padre working in Mizoram.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:26 pm

INC-JDS to align in 2019 in KT. May actually backfire giving more space to BJP and open up entry into old Mysore area.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:56 pm

This is the real reason congress is giving CM ship to HDK. 2019 is the bigger prize. It will probably ditch him after 2019 which is just as well as HDK can rake in some moolah meanwhile.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:59 pm

abhijit wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:17 am
It will be very tough for bjp to come back in 2019 without hindu consolidation for which they spent 0 hours in last 4 years. And gathbandhan is here to stay. They will complete 5 years. Politics is business now for family run parties. These corporate parties will work out their joint venture. It is ideology vs corporate politics.

BJP is ideological party and they did zilch for ideological consolidation.
I have been thinking about ideology since the battering BJP got the other day. Way back SuSwamy emphasized and I agree, there needs to be 3 messages: 1) Economy, 2) Tackling corruption, and 3) HInduthva (ideology). Any one of them is useless. It seems to me that BJP has done something on all 3 cunts, but just not enough.

Reading all the reports from Kairana, it seems to me that a sizable # of Hindus voted for the thugbandhan candidate. What was the reason they deserted BJP. And in general the same electorate that gave BJP a landslide win in UP just a year back have rejected BJP. Why? Low turnout alone cannot explain this.

Some major development needs to take place next couple of months for BJP to sieze the narrative once again. ModiJi's charisma alone is not good enough.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:35 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:56 pm
This is the real reason congress is giving CM ship to HDK. 2019 is the bigger prize. It will probably ditch him after 2019 which is just as well as HDK can rake in some moolah meanwhile.
The BJP would also get a chance to start getting the Lingayath community (and its leaders) to its side by this time? There has been heavy polarisation towards the BJP in Northern & Coastal Karnataka.

Raj Malhotra
BGR Newbie

Post by Raj Malhotra » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Let me start by saying that I was Modi voter in 2014 but the fact is that
The situation in 2019 would be radically different from 2014. There is nothing wrong in analysing the obstacles that will be faced by BJP in 2019. As per some of my friends who have done some basic caste based mathematical analysis, formation of mahagathbandhan in UP would mean that BJP seats can fall to only 20
If there is further disenchantment of middle class then BJP can be looking at a tragedy in 2019
But such comments are seen very negatively by BJP supporters but reality is something that has to be dealt with.
I really wonder from where BJP is going to get 250 seats in 2019 ?

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 pm

About, KA the only hope I have is in the Jinx that KA voters always pick a party at state which is different form the one in the center. So there is hope from KA.
As for Gangetic belt, It is hard to repeat 2014 for BJP so unless they get seats from the whole of Bay of Bengal front starting from WB to KL where they scored zilch last time and have about 165 seats hanging, I see it next to impossible for BJP to return to power in 2019.
So even 25% of these 165 seats would give the a cushion of about 30-35 seats.
But then like everyone believes, GE are a different beasts and NM still is the last stand of Hindus of the world.

PS: Are local parties like BJD, TMC, TRS etc. really keen on seeing Congoon leeches coming back to power and then blackmail them with CBI cases ?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:21 pm

The transferable votes in UP are Muslim, Yadav and Dalits. While Dalits are present everywhere Yadavs are mainly present in eastern UP and Muslims in particular regions. So they need to get the rest of the castes. Make the election Presidential. Modi versus whoever or no one. You either vote for Modi or against Modi. This will make caste less of a factor. Also polarize the electorate. It may be possible to get 40-50 seats. BJP will still be short but Mayawati and RLD may do business post-poll if the right incentives are given.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:46 pm

BSP may align with INC in MP, RJ and CH. You have your first test of mahathugbandhan. Lets see how it goes.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:10 pm

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:47 pm

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Supratik wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:46 pm
BSP may align with INC in MP, RJ and CH. You have your first test of mahathugbandhan. Lets see how it goes.
It wil go fine for next 5 years. Their resolve is very clear. Their first priority is survival at any cost. So they will dust bjp and once that is done cracks might surface. Congress has led them by doing sacrifice, other parties will follow at least for next 5 year.

It is very clear that any party depend on secular votes will not be with bjp and those against it will not let the secular and peaceful votes divide. The only option is reverse consolidation of hindus which is not going to happen in next 9 month. BJP has not done anything that to happen and they don't have magic solution to create that now.

BJP has clearly caught pants down by this gathbandhan. While some were warning the possibility, few blind supporters here on forum were mocking gathbandhan idea post bsp sp assembly debacle. I now started believing inside BJP must have been the exact same arrogance and short sightedness.

bypolls are not a true picture but they could be symptoms of bigger problem. UP is the door to parliament. All bypolls are lost. This is really worrying.