The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Gus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Gus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Anybody watched Modi on republic, interacting with regular people directly and pushing namo app?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 pm
tanushree dutta didn't attend her own sister's marriage because it was held in an ISCON temple. you do the math.

she is not a wannabe white chick, she, like kambli is an useful cat's paw bought for money & a sense of entitlement.
Saar,

Its not like the opposite party against whom she is complaining about is any great saint.

The gent has a very long history of such shady activities.

But since he is more of the arty farty character actor type of guy, he has help from the left liberals in not reporting his peccadilloes and other far more dubious activities.

He has cultivated a reputation as a "swordsman".

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:47 pm

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:36 pm

chetak wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:36 pm
Rahul M wrote:
tanushree dutta didn't attend her own sister's marriage because it was held in an ISCON temple. you do the math.

she is not a wannabe white chick, she, like kambli is an useful cat's paw bought for money & a sense of entitlement.
Saar,

Its not like the opposite party against whom she is complaining about is any great saint.

But since he is more of the arty farty character actor type of guy, he has help from the left liberals in not reporting his peccadilloes and other far more dubious activities.

there is no dearth of perverts in bollywood. the two this lady specifically targetted are a) possibly approached by bjp to join and b) leading the charge against urban naxals.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:55 pm

"Opposition unity" comes a cropper in Madhya Pradesh. BSP already going alone, and even small parties like CPIM and CPI refusing to join Congis. The parties that have joined Congis are ones whose names I am hearing for the first time in my life.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 017959.cms

Story in Chhattisgarh is the same. BSP decides to go with Ajit Jogi (infamous for the "Chandulal Sahu" election trick, among many other things :lol: ).

Amit Shah's strategy is working. The opposition is in tatters and deeply divided. Only die-hards and dead-enders will fight till the end. I think only Chandranna and Jihadidi can mount some sort of fight. Behen/Bua/whatever her latest title is has the will to fight but votebank and resources have been decimated.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:12 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:55 pm
"Opposition unity" comes a cropper in Madhya Pradesh. BSP already going alone, and even small parties like CPIM and CPI refusing to join Congis. The parties that have joined Congis are ones whose names I am hearing for the first time in my life.

Story in Chhattisgarh is the same. BSP decides to go with Ajit Jogi (infamous for the "Chandulal Sahu" election trick, among many other things :lol: ).

Amit Shah's strategy is working. The opposition is in tatters and deeply divided. Only die-hards and dead-enders will fight till the end. I think only Chandranna and Jihadidi can mount some sort of fight. Behen/Bua/whatever her latest title is has the will to fight but votebank and resources have been decimated.
don't celebrate yet.

Things have a way of coalescing at the last minute.

Watch for the opposition ghatbandhan just before the elections as they will form the battle ready cohorts to take on Modi.

These trials, settings, and experiments happening now are just the churnings of the opposition system. It means nothing and its just wishful window shopping.

The one churning to watch for is the internal churning of the ruling party itself and see how that plays out for us.

If Modi does not come back, it can be anyone else, probably someone from the ruling party itself, and not any greedy power hungry opposition leader type, who will completely bugger up the system and also willingly play right into the hands of the BIF, especially the offshore ones.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:36 pm
chetak wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:36 pm
Rahul M wrote:

Saar,

there is no dearth of perverts in bollywood. the two this lady specifically targetted are a) possibly approached by bjp to join and b) leading the charge against urban naxals.
https://youtu.be/vV5eE3SENo0

How Bollywood Targets The Hindus

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:20 pm

KL Dubey wrote:

Too soon to celebrate. This might well be a strategy to increase seat share

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:56 pm

ChetakJi, I understand Nana dude may not be any saint, this whole thing is between a bunch of rif rafs. My problem is more sociological. Even after 70+ years of so called "independence", see the colonial spectacle of a bunch of Bimbos in metros slavishly imitating "metoo" crap. I would have been on their side if they genuinely picked so many indigenous woman's issues. I mean it boggles the mind that average Indian women face so many travails and yet this crap by some converted anti-Hindu Bollywood pervert riding the western "metoo" bandwagon hogs all the headlines. This is a typical colonial eunuch spectacle that plays out time and again.

The sad part is that there are so many SDRE women fighting issues of gender discrimination. So many men too. But they have their own indigenous way of addressing these kinds of ills. I would like to see more focus on that than "metoo" garbage.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:58 pm

BSP is bargaining hard. If they manage to spoil congress's chances in MP, they can then ask for more seats in UP, to help behenji in a "whoever gets more seats gets PM" deal that they will work out for the MGB.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:20 pm
KL Dubey wrote:

Too soon to celebrate. This might well be a strategy to increase seat share
I am not "celebrating". I am saying the fact the Congis are finding it hard to tie up even with "natural allies" is proof that Amit's strategy is working.

BSP is relevant mainly in the districts bordering UP (about 45 seats) with a statewide 6-7% vote share. Already they have declared candidates for 22 of these seats. Even if they "come together at last minute" there is not much more to negotiate about, let alone coercing the Congis to accept these 22 already declared candidates. Seems like a program destined for disaster.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:56 am

chetak wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:12 pm

don't celebrate yet.

Things have a way of coalescing at the last minute.

Watch for the opposition ghatbandhan just before the elections as they will form the battle ready cohorts to take on Modi.

These trials, settings, and experiments happening now are just the churnings of the opposition system. It means nothing and its just wishful window shopping.

The one churning to watch for is the internal churning of the ruling party itself and see how that plays out for us.

If Modi does not come back, it can be anyone else, probably someone from the ruling party itself, and not any greedy power hungry opposition leader type, who will completely bugger up the system and also willingly play right into the hands of the BIF, especially the offshore ones.
I am talking about the upcoming MP and CG state elections, not GE 2019. Let us not get too much ahead of ourselves.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:01 am

So this is what Rajnath Singh was alluding to when he said that something has already happened at the border to avenge.

BSF avenges jawan’s mutilation

BSF avenges jawan’s mutilation

Monday, 01 October 2018 | Rakesh K Singh

14 Pak Rangers killed, 6 bunkers across border destroyed

Days after Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s assertion that “something big has happened” in retaliation to BSF jawan Narender Singh’s brutal killing by Pakistani forces, it has now emerged that the BSF killed 14 men of Pakistan Rangers and destroyed six bunkers on the intervening night of September 25 and 26 along the Line of Control in Jammu & Kashmir.

As a tit for tat for tying the feet of Singh and slitting his throat, the BSF also inflicted befitting injuries on at least two personnel of the Pakistan Rangers, top sources said.

The BSF jawan was killed on September 18 by the Pakistan Rangers while clearing elephant grass on the international boundary along with a team.

“Hamare BSF ka ek jawan, abhi uske saath jis tarike se badsalooki ki hai Pakistan ne, shayad aapne dekha hoga. Kuch hua hai, main bataoonga nahi. Hua hai, theek thaak hua hai, vishwaas rakhna bahut theek thaak hua hai, 2-3 din pehle. Aur aage bhi dekhiega kya hoga” (Something has happened, I can’t tell you what. It happened, something substantial. Trust me something big has happened 2-3 days back, now wait and watch what happens in the future), the Home Minister had said on Friday while referring to the killing of BSF jawan Narender.

After India’s retaliatory strike, Pakistan Army corps commander visited the border area on September 26 to boost the morale of the elite unit of Pakistan Rangers trapped and hit by the BSF. Outgoing BSF DG KK Sharma had on Friday said sufficient action was taken and Narender ‘s killing was avenged on the LoC. Sharma had also said the Pakistan side had vacated five km of the area from the zero line fearing further retribution and mortar shelling from the BSF.

The retaliatory action was planned by the BSF swiftly, and “fox game” played by the Intelligence agencies, was used ahead of the action against them. In a fox game, the agencies use the communication and media platforms to hoodwink the adversary and reduce their alertness.

The casualty figures are significant especially when the BSF has not used mortar firing to retaliate against the counterpart.

“A series of fronts and posts were activated along the LoC, fox game was in full play and a successful coordinated action was executed against the adversary. All the action was executed on their (Pakistan) side of the LoC,” an official privy to the details said.

The sources also did not rule out further action against Pakistani forces.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:27 am

crams wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:56 pm
ChetakJi, I understand Nana dude may not be any saint, this whole thing is between a bunch of rif rafs. My problem is more sociological. Even after 70+ years of so called "independence", see the colonial spectacle of a bunch of Bimbos in metros slavishly imitating "metoo" crap. I would have been on their side if they genuinely picked so many indigenous woman's issues. I mean it boggles the mind that average Indian women face so many travails and yet this crap by some converted anti-Hindu Bollywood pervert riding the western "metoo" bandwagon hogs all the headlines. This is a typical colonial eunuch spectacle that plays out time and again.

The sad part is that there are so many SDRE women fighting issues of gender discrimination. So many men too. But they have their own indigenous way of addressing these kinds of ills. I would like to see more focus on that than "metoo" garbage.
You are wrong on many counts on this issue. Apprentally after being sexually harassed by Patekar she walked out from the dance scene, she has witnesses to corroborate that. Then Patekar goons vandalized her car, check out the video of the car being vandalized in this tweet, quite scary if you ask me. And this ahole is supposed to be some sort of respectable actor or something?

https://twitter.com/Ikumar7/status/1046603116555030529

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 am

So instead of supporting a woman who was allegedly harassed by a successful Man, We decide to throw muck at her.
Bravo!! Ms. Dutta is not fighting for the cause of women but for her own self-respect and dignity. Why is it so hard to decipher.
So now even Daisy Shah is some crypto bent upon joining BiF ?
Why it is so hard to believe that She is right. After all Bhai-wood men are known to harass and force newbies to sleep with them for roles and crumbs.
Calling them Bimbo or white chic or alluding that such women are dancing to some nefarious tunes shows our own biases and patriarchal baggage that we carry.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:57 am

chetak wrote:But since he is more of the arty farty character actor type of guy, he has help from the left liberals in not reporting his peccadilloes and other far more dubious activities.
Rahul M wrote:there is no dearth of perverts in bollywood. the two this lady specifically targetted are a) possibly approached by bjp to join and b) leading the charge against urban naxals.
Haldiram wrote:Then Patekar goons vandalized her car, check out the video of the car being vandalized in this tweet, quite scary if you ask me. And this ahole is supposed to be some sort of respectable actor or something?
I tend to agree with Rahul M, that this issue now getting highlighted may have some ulterior motives. Which was the last movie in which Nana Patekar acted, and which was also widely accepted by the audience? AFAIK he is now pretty much a spent bullet and is now a very low key actor in Bollywood. And we must also note that he had acted (and directed?) movies like "Prahaar" in which anti-national/terrorist gangs (Naxals?) gets eliminated. So he was kind of a right of centre type of a chap.

It is also NOT surprising that the left liberals did not target him till date, even when most likely they would have known about his escapades much earlier. For the leftist liberal any crime, se-xual misconduct etc is fine if the accused is firmly on their side. But they generally do keep a note on such issues, so that it can be used when the accused decides to move away from the leftist liberal gang. Character assassination etc. is not a new thing for leftist liberals. When it comes to propoganda, none can beat the commie gangs.

Now about the various *wood characters across India. In my part of woods theatre/drama troupes had a very low reputation, and it was never considered as a "noble profession". It is said that when ADMK (of TN) started using movie actors like M.G Ramachandran etc. to get publicity for the party; many senior politicians themselves questioned on why Koothadis (i.e street dancers) need to be brought in for that purpose? The party should get people based on the ideology. The movie industry have given the old theatre/drama gang a new quote of respectability, but at times the true behavioral aspects of that industry pops up again & again. I remember reading a note from Chanakya in Arthasastra; that was about banning the movement/camping of dance/theatre groups in an area when there is more serious activity being carried out (eg: starting for farming, or harvesting etc.).
KL Dubey wrote:"Opposition unity" comes a cropper in Madhya Pradesh. BSP already going alone, and even small parties like CPIM and CPI refusing to join Congis. The parties that have joined Congis are ones whose names I am hearing for the first time in my life.
Come again? CPI(M) and CPI, repeat CPI in Madhya Pradesh?? Do these parties even win Panchayath level elections in Madhya Pradesh? From what I could glean from the news papers. The Congress also has found a new love in Hindutwa and cows. Rahul Ghandi has decided to become a Brahmin at least till these elections are over. Gau shalas etc. are the new promises made by even the uber-secular Congress. But when ever Congress shows their new found love for cows, all the BJP needs to do is to telecast this incident, where Congress workers in Kerala butchered a cow right in the middle of a street.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 am

Sachin, Don't think that people don't read news about what happens in Kerala or WB. RG can try to be as much a Shiv bhakt as he can but that vodoo is not going to fetch him any votes.
People may still vote out incumbent govt but not because RG decided to dorn Gerua and goto Kailash yatra.
My take is that BJP will lose RJ, save CHG while MP will be touch and go like Guj/KA.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Vikas wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 am
So instead of supporting a woman who was allegedly harassed by a successful Man, We decide to throw muck at her.
Bravo!! Ms. Dutta is not fighting for the cause of women but for her own self-respect and dignity. Why is it so hard to decipher.
Why it is so hard to believe that She is right. After all Bhai-wood men are known to harass and force newbies to sleep with them for roles and crumbs.
Calling them Bimbo or white chic or alluding that such women are dancing to some nefarious tunes shows our own biases and patriarchal baggage that we carry.
Here is what I struggle with.
No one really knows what happened other than Tanushree, Nana, and a few witnesses at that time. But why is everyone else "opinion-shamed"? For example Amitabh Bachchan was asked about it and he sidestepped saying he was neither TD or NP. So TD "blasted" him. Think about this from Big B's side. He has no idea what happened, so why should he take TD's side? Nana may be an old friend of his and why should Big B throw him under the bus when he does not know what happened?
Is a woman more believable than a man?

I see many men jumping to "stand by" TD but we don't know what happened. What if she was lying? Many women lie when they want something and know that lying can get them there.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Well, it could be that the incident did happen in some form, and the lady is bringing it up now, possibly for ulterior motives or misguided crusade as well. All possibilities are open. The stuff that goes on in cine industry would not stand scrutiny, but selective targeting and using it to feed political outrage machine is also a problem.

the automatic judgment and dismissals are not helping.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:39 pm

MP is solidly BJP and mostly CH. RJ has flip flopped between the INC and BJP, but this is due to CM Vasundra Raje Scindia. The BJP leadership needs to ask her to step down, but is unlikely.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Best case scenario for Shah is to do a Dhumal in RJ. In HP Dhumal was insistent on being CM and was made the face. BJP won a landslide and Dhumal lost. So they got rid of him and brought in a new face. For some reason VR is unpopular although she hasn't done much wrong this time.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:35 pm
Well, it could be that the incident did happen in some form, and the lady is bringing it up now, possibly for ulterior motives or misguided crusade as well. All possibilities are open. The stuff that goes on in cine industry would not stand scrutiny, but selective targeting and using it to feed political outrage machine is also a problem.

the automatic judgment and dismissals are not helping.
There are all kinds of problems in a situation like this. Nobody knows for sure who is lying and who is not. However, people align themselves on either side simply based on their political leanings, without any evidence to support any claim. It is easy to see Vivek Agnihotri being targeted for his activism against the Liberandu and Naxals, I believe he is the real target and not NP although he may have been the first. When you have a woman accusing a man of conduct unbecoming, it is often helpful to see the antecedents of the woman although it may not always reflect the truth. After all, even a whore has a right to refuse.

The way I see it, more telling is the timing and the manner of the accusations coming from a person who has everything to gain from the notoriety it generates.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 pm

that's the thing..some folks hide behind the (possibly real) issue of Nana Patekar harrassment, and shoot at Vivek Agnihotri.

on the other side, if this is against casting couch and harassment, then it has to be across the board and that would include many actors who are closer to the liberandu crowd as well.

We've seen tejpal and pachauri who were professed liberals blah blah and were still sexual predators.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 am

Vikas wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 am
+108

OmkarC
BGR Newbie

Post by OmkarC » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:36 am

Perhaps one of the best take-downs of Leftist trash in recent times: