The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
abhijit
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by abhijit » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:42 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:42 am
abhijit wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:34 am
la.khan wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:31 pm
Yes, true! Another one is getting made in Mumbai and hopefully will be unveiled in 4-5 years time. I believe Chattrapati Shivaji's statue will be taller than SVP's. We need these to take on BIF t*rds. Any idea who is executing it? L&T? I hope it is with the private sector.
It is L&T. And it is going to be India's answer to island reclamation technology (similar to what china is doing in south china sea).
Please elaborate. Aren't these built on land, on the shore? Is there something else happening silently?
China is not creating new island, they are fast expanding existing small ones in the middle of the sea with the latest technology. Similarly we are going to use a small island in the middle of the sea, expand it and build statue. This will be trial and test of our own capability.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Sachin wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:09 am
srikumar wrote:I did not post this earlier even though I wanted to but I expected the main resistance (not necessarily public on the street resistance but the biggest objections) to come from the Hindu women of Kerala.
And the women of Kerala have met your expectations :). But being women, you may not them in large numbers protesting on the streets (like how the Commie goons go about protesting). But there was a sizeable women presence in the prayer meetings etc. There were also a sizeable presence of women near the Nilakkal area when the temple opened las
I am wiling to bet that the conversations among women privately ie within households (and not in public) would be more vehement and angry.

Thanks for the explanation/history on the evolution of role for Brahmins in KL society. It is interesting and even humorous to note that an improvement in the economic and monetary condition among people actually increased their religiosity 😀. Even if the causes were stress and superstition!

JohnTitor-
I expected Muslims to object mainly because it would allow them to maintain a consistent position and oppose new laws if SC gave a verdict on their practices e.g. TT or anything else that might come 2,3, 5 years from now e.g. UCC.

So if there is any new act/law that affects Muslims, KL Hindus are now going to sit and watch. If Sabarimalai issue had not happened, you can bet that a lot of KL Hindus would have publicly paraded their secular credentials in support of other religionists. That ain't gonna happen now. They KNOW they are on their own now and realize Secularism isn't helping them.

In fact, on BRF two mallu mods pretty much appealed to Hindus from other states to step up.
Felt a bit sad reading that, but hey, what we knew on BRF for years, the average mallu He Hindu is now waking up to.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:21 pm

If the BIF firing from justitue shoulders were looking to stifle the supply chain of crackers for diwali, seems they've suck seeded beyond their wildest wet dreams.

Seems there's no cracker to be found for sale anywhere in Delhi NCR - legally or otherwise.

Anyone in Dilli NCR area could confirm pls?

Folks from other cities reporting the quietest pre-diwali in living memory.

Cultures, traditions, beliefs, simple joys and bonding - all die in silence and darkness. Only.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:44 pm

very few crackers in my locality in south delhi. none to be found openly in shops.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Despite the court orders, cops are generally more connected with community sensitivities and turn a blind eye towards minor transgressions. I thought that even if milords have handed out such anti-cracker rules, people would still celebrate Diwali with gusto and cops will stay out of business. However the entire enforcement agencies are quite serious about it and making sure the ban is strictly implemented.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 pm

srikumar wrote:It is interesting and even humorous to note that an improvement in the economic and monetary condition among people actually increased their religiosity
:D. This is where "dialectical materialism" kind of gimmick theories which the communists parroted in India failed. The Kerala communists, actually tried to take the communist theory as their "holy book" and tried to make foreigners like Marx, Angels, Stalin etc. as their "prophets" & "redeemers" (with the local Brahmin communist EMS Namboothirippad also given the rank of a local "prophet"). The commies were trying to parachute a European political philosophy to the Indian society, which was totally different. This also shows the intellectual bankruptedness of the communists; as they really did not have a unique "communism based" solution tailor made for India.

The commies believed that if every one was made equally poor, they would start behaving the same way :). They never realised that a financially poor person can still find solace in religion & faith. Marx had missed this point and just wrote - religion is the opium for masses. The temples in KL was always a matter of pride for the local Hindus. When they had money, they wished to conduct their festivals with more grandeur. Today in Kerala, communism has really revealed its true colours. Other parts of India seems to have realised this earlier and have shown the commies their rightful places.

In 1920-1940s Kerala Hindu society was "dogmatic" on the traditions & caste. And this led to situations like "Temple entry proclomation" etc. The communists then ensured that the Kerala society remains equally "dogmatic"; but this time in following the theories of Karl Marx and Stalin (who have never seen Kerala in their life time). Now the communist "dogmatism" is being openly challenged.
I expected Muslims to object mainly because it would allow them to maintain a consistent position and oppose new laws if SC gave a verdict on their practices e.g. TT or anything else that might come 2,3, 5 years from now e.g. UCC.
UCC is pretty much impossible, a committee formed by the current govt has already stated that. So Hindus in KL jolly well know that giving up on Sabari Mala is no way going to lead to UCC. There were some Muslim organisations in KL which supported BJP in Sabari Mala case. Why? Because they too never allowed women to pray at their mosques :). Hindu temples in Kerala, are not like 5-star temples like Akshardham or ISKON. Each one has its own unique traditions and customs, which a genuine devotee would have an implicit faith upon.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:10 am

Sachin wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 pm
:D. This is where "dialectical materialism" kind of gimmick theories which the communists parroted in India failed.
this is hilarious. I am Rotfl-ing that it happened in front of their very eyes. The comrades must be scratching their heads wondering why 😂.
Hindu temples in Kerala, are not like 5-star temples like Akshardham or ISKON. Each one has its own unique traditions and customs, which a genuine devotee would have an implicit faith upon.
makes sense. A lot of this is transmitted within the family and within community....SC judgments and enlightened dialectics not withstanding.

I really think many KL police jawans and officers will also be severely conflicted. Those on Sabarimalai duty must have been chosen carefully.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 am

Congis starting to fall apart in Mizoram...the assembly speaker resigns and joins BJP.

https://indianexpress.com/article/north ... p-5434558/

Looking forward to congi-mukt northeast.....only one state to go.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 am

^Every RS seat counts and to that end I applaud all such jod-tod attempts by BJP.

Losing RS this time is certain thanks to VR's high handedness (from what I hear). Relative positionn in MP too worsen even as BJP is expected to sail through there. Dunno what RS impact these will have.

Wonder what RS tally/position is anyway for bill passing (rather than the usual gas passing) only.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:07 am

KA bypoll results I guess.

>>> Vicky Nanjappa

Verified account

@vickynanjappa
19m19 minutes ago
More
Ballari: Cong: 74,668, BJP: 45530

Shimoga: BJP: 85953, JD(S): 79638

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:42 am

srikumar wrote:I really think many KL police jawans and officers will also be severely conflicted. Those on Sabarimalai duty must have been chosen carefully.
Indeed yes. Three senior IPS officers have proceeded on long leave. One was Addl. DGP (Int) Vinod Kumar. He had also given a detailed report on the situation in Kerala regarding the Sabari Mala verdict. GoKL did not bother much on the report. Inspectors General P. Vijayan and Vijay Sakhare also refused to take charge of L&O duties at Sabari Mala. And P. Vijayan is an officer who always used to ask for Sabari Mala duties right from the days he was an S.P. He also has done lots of eco-protection initiatives at Sabari Mala. If this is the case with the senior police leadership, there is more difference of opinion amongst the middle & low ranking police officials as well.

During the last month's police operations looks like the men (recruits actually) deployed were mainly non-Hindus. And it was this group which vandalised vehicles etc. Kerala High Court has now asked for their details and also what punishment was given to them by the police department. Posting non-Hindus in Sabari Mala hoping that they would execute what ever strange orders from GoKL is also expecting too much. These police men are not working in isolation. After Sabari Mala duty they would have to go back to their usual postings and work along side their Hindu police colleagues.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 am

Lilo wrote:Wrt to Sabarimala and the contribution of RSS,
syam wrote:RSS is mostly apolitical. I am speaking from experience.
I have to take back my words, but I have no problems in doing that. This news report is in Malayalam, but there are pictures. It shows a man making an announcement using a loud hailer provided by the police. The next image is that of the 18 holy steps with some one giving directions standing at top. That person is NOT a police official, it is Valsan Thillankeri an RSS man from north Kerala. The BJP state leadership as usual did make some controversial statements and are now active on a political tussle with the CPI(M). But on the ground it seems to be that, RSS has quite efficiently taken over the protests this time around, and their leader even actively doing crowd control (which ideally was done by the police). Kerala CM's grandoise statement shows more of a defeat, than victory.

From what I could glean out from social media and some neutral news channels. Sec 144 Cr.PC has now been made a joke in Kerala. GoKL has now pretty much surrendered to the pilgrims.
  • GoKL imposed Sec 144 Cr.PC in Sabari Mala and near by areas on 3rd Nov itself. RSS had got their workers (who had done all the religious formalities to start the pilgrimage) geared up well in advance. Police had got all the hotels & lodges to close down, but BJP & RSS ensured that their cadre on pilgrimage were given accomodation at homes of their sympathisers.
  • Police expected only a very small crowd, as this temple opening was never considered to be a major event. It was a function associated with the Travancore kings. The police also had managed to use the "free time" of 4th November to deploy their personnel at all points. But what they saw on the morning hours of 5th Nov was a huge crowd at Nilakkal base camp. It was tripple the size of the expected strength of pilgrims. The pilgrims demanded that they be taken to Pampa (river point) and allowed to trek up the hill, right from the morning hours. GoKL and Ke.SRTC did not expect this. Buses were not ready, the pilgrims were getting restless and so they were allowed to proceed on foot. This foiled another plan of the police. They had hoped to control the crowd by limiting their entry to Pampa (river point). Forcing pilgirms to use the Ke.SRTC bus was a part of that plan. But looks like among the 1000s who decided to walk, were RSS activists. This was also a psy-ops moment for the Sangh. Thousands walking chanting Swamiye Ayyappa and that of a handicapped pilgrim walking using his crutches is now doing rounds in social media.
  • The pilgrims doing the trek by foot was a "Escape to victory (Last scene)" moment. Restricting the crowd at Sabari Mala hill shrine was now not possible. So there were 1000s of people already at the hill top much before the opening of the temple. Bringing in women at that time was impossible.
  • BJP & RSS leaders like K. Surendran and Valsan Thillankeri had entered the temple area bye-passing all police check points. They proved that for a determined pilgrim, there are multiple routes to access the temple. The five point check of the police is pretty much useless against a determined pilgrim.
  • The police had locked up all the facilities at Sabari Mala (including the limited number of guest houses, toilets etc.). The pilgrims stayed put. Here also I feel that it was the Sangh cadre who were the first to reach the hill temple who decided to camp back. And the police had no way to identify who was a RSS Ayyappa and who is a normal Ayyappa. Finally it even led to a situation that an RSS man was controlling the crowd at the hill shrine (which also is a proof that majority of the pilgrims this time also believed his words ;) ).

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 pm

I am hoping the CPIM forces the issue. Will accelerate their downfall.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Faizabad district renamed Ayodhya. However, nothing on the temple.

https://www.theweek.in/news/india/2018/ ... anath.html

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:07 pm

Any analysis on yet another by-poll debacle for BJP? This time in Karnataka. As expected, Pappu & Co led by their slaves lik Swai Bimbo Chaturvedi can't control their orgasms, while BJP spokesman playing this down as local fights. Both are extreme reactions no doubt, but still, for someone like me who is not expert psephologist but an ardent India first, BJP/ModiJi supporter, these string of by-poll losses do not augur well.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:13 pm

I still recall in 2004 when Queen madam led UPA trounced BJP-led NDA despite all the 'India shining' hoopla. It was a shocker. Will 2019 be a repeat? I cannot even bear that thought. And to think a moron like Pappu as PM of India. What a stinking thought :-).

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Rafale deal: ‘We are not in the off-set business’, says HAL chairman urging politicians to ‘not bring HAL into this’

Rafale deal: ‘We are not in the off-set business’, says HAL chairman urging politicians to ‘not bring HAL into this’

Madhavan also informed that in the upcoming purchase of 110 fighter jets by India, HAL will have to be selected as a partner by any company that wins the deal.

At a time when Congress president Rahul Gandhi can’t stop accusing that Narendra Modi government has ‘snatched’ a ₹ 30,000 crore offset business in the Rafale deal from HAL and given it to Anil Ambani’s Reliance, HAL chairman has told that the company is not after such offset deals. In an exclusive interview with journalist Manu Pubby and published on the Economic Times, HAL chairman R Madhavan said that the public sector company was not a contender for offset business in the deal to buy 36 Rafale jets.

R Madhavan had taken over as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited on September 1, after the term of previous CMD T Suvarna Raju was over.

Madhavan also said that the company has asked its employees to not get involved with any political party on the issue. On the Rafale deal, he said, “our message is clear — please do not bring HAL into it”. He said that the company does not want to get involved in the issue because it has a negative impact on HAL.

He reminded that even the worker unions of the company have issued statements that they don’t want to be part of any controversy on the issue. On October 13, Rahul Gandhi wanted to address HAL employees in the company premises, but both HAL authorities and employee unions refused this meet. Later, Rahul Gandhi had addressed some current and former employees outside the company premises.

The HAL CMD said that the company is not in the offset business. He said the company is into manufacturing of aircraft, and transfer of technology and production are not the same as offsets. While some offset business may come to HAL, that is not a priority for the company.

“In fact, we are not even contending for the offsets. We do not plan, for example, to have a line to make a foreign civilian jet. Our prime business is manufacturing, not offsets”, he added. It can be noted that the Dassault Reliance joint venture, which is the prime target of Rahul Gandhi, is currently making parts for the Falcon business jet, which is a civilian plane made by Dassault.

Commenting on HAL’s own capability of making fighter planes, Madhavan said that although the company may lack the capacity to make enough planes on time, their capability and technical expertise can’t be questioned. He said that HAL has partnered with four private sector companies for the manufacture of the LCA Tejas, these private companies will be making almost the entire structure of the plane, while HAL will only do the final integration. The HAL chief said that the company would like to focus on design, integration, flight testing and support.

Madhavan also informed that in the upcoming purchase of 110 fighter jets by India, HAL will have to be selected as a partner by any company that wins the deal. There is a requirement of 40% indigenisation in that order, and only HAL has the capability for that.

On November 2, Madhavan had said that HAL has started a major expansion of its manufacturing facilities and controversies around that Rafale deal has not affected the morale of its employees. He had informed media that the company has an order book of ₹64,000 crore which will be executed in four years. To achieve this, the company will be investing ₹1,400 crore during the financial year 2018-19 to scale up its facilities.

It will be interesting to see if Rahul Gandhi will now stop bringing up HAL in his attack on the government on the Rafale deal.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm

crams wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:07 pm
Any analysis on yet another by-poll debacle for BJP? This time in Karnataka. As expected, Pappu & Co led by their slaves lik Swai Bimbo Chaturvedi can't control their orgasms, while BJP spokesman playing this down as local fights.
Looks like poor preparation from the BJP side. And yes, generally in bye-polls the current winner (ruling government's party) has higher chances of winning. The "seculars" are now quite sure that they will also win all the next state level elections coming up.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Rajeev Chandrasekhar Verified account @rajeev_mp Nov 4

And finally ovr 4 yrs aftr I first rqstd govt aftr a shameful incident - DGCA makes it mandatory for airlines to announce n honor martyrd bravehearts on their final journey home

Thank you @narendramodi @sureshpprabhu @jayantsinha
@FlagsOfHonour

Raj Malhotra
BGR Newbie

Post by Raj Malhotra » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Diwali has been dying in Delhi for last couple of years and this year it's very dead.

If anyone bothered to read the SC Judgement on Diwali crackers, it has been passed on the recommendations of Central Govt Environment Ministry read Dr Harshvardhan.

Modi is going to canvass 2019 as icon of poor and not as Hindu Hridya Samrath. RSS seems to be leading Sabrimala movement to increase footprint in South. Modi Govt will only take benefit but give nothing back to Hindus.

Anyone read about Assumption Chowk inauguration by Dev Fernandez in Maharashtra?

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:28 pm

The article from the lady Swati something tries to reinforce that there is really a scam with Rafale deal and by repeatedly hitting the nail by Pappu has made the voter realise the same and is now affecting BJP. The sickular media & their cronies are throwing everything at current Govt hoping that something would stick. However, I do think there are certain aspects where handling of optics has been poor by BJP. Or perhaps the sickular outlets are not highlighting or downplaying them intentionally. Anyways, I do see many people middle class people complaining about increasing taxes, economic growth not translating to either increasing wages and/or jobs...making the paycheck go less than what it used to before. Few of them are anti-Modi but many are neutral (or slightly pro BJP)...now I don't know if they will vote for Pappu, but some of them might do NOTA as they think no admin/Govt cares for Middle class issues.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Diwali in India had become all about uncontrollable bursting of crackers and drunken goondagiri by people who cared little about the actual purpose of the festival. If you ask them why is Diwali celebrated they wouldn't know. The SC and govt did the right thing by controlling it. Now it will be more about family, food, parties, diyas and some bursting of crackers.

The only objection is uncontrollable violation of animal rights during bakri-id which the SC has not controlled.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Sachin wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Looks like poor preparation from the BJP side. And yes, generally in bye-polls the current winner (ruling government's party) has higher chances of winning. The "seculars" are now quite sure that they will also win all the next state level elections coming up.
I did some more digging, and it does appear that there were no major surprises. Everyone won in their stronghold. Only in Bellary, Pappu's local slave won over BJP candidate by a huge margin. But even during the last assembly poll, Cong was pretty strong there.

So it doesn't seem as rosy as Pappu would like us to believe. But the fact that he does control many constituencies is itself troubling to me. The low-IQ dynastic half-Italian slime ball being hoisted on a nation of billion people is itself puke worthy.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:37 pm
Diwali in India had become all about uncontrollable bursting of crackers and drunken goondagiri by people who cared little about the actual purpose of the festival. If you ask them why is Diwali celebrated they wouldn't know. The SC and govt did the right thing by controlling it. Now it will be more about family, food, parties, diyas and some bursting of crackers.
The problems have good solutions, but those who are in-charge of solving them are sleeping.

* GoI could stop the manufacturing of high decibel crackers such as "Lakshmi bombs" and "Atom bombs" through appropriate environmental regulations.
* GoI could progressively implement contaminant level controls to reduce ill effects on Asthma patients and infants.
* Drunken goondagiri can be controlled by closing liquor shops on Diwali eve and day. No state government would do this.
* Police are in-charge of "handling" drunken goondas on any day of the year, including New Years Day. Why make Diwali an exception?
* Campaigns can be started to educate people so they respect the sentiments and concerns of their neighbors wrt noise and smoke. This should not be any different from noise ordinances that most housing associations already impose on their residents.
* GoI must implement a free stubble removal and composting scheme in the few states that cause problems for Delhi. This would not take more than a few thousand crores - money that will be saved on healthcare costs anyway.

SC did not do the right thing. Police, politicians and neighbors are making things worse. Most Tweets regarding arrests in various states are accompanied by accusations that the complainant or Police officers are Christians/Muslims/Cryptos, etc. The long term damage to (real, not "secular") communal harmony is substantial. How long before Hindu residents in housing colonies oppose Christians/Muslims from moving in because of this Diwali ban?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Points taken but I would like to see some discipline in celebrating festivals. If it has to be imposed by SC and govt then so be it. Only thing is that it should apply to all religions not selective.