The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
crams
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by crams » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:09 am

Hate to post anything from BJP/ModiJi hating pseudo liberal toadies, but just thought this particular opinion piece by Amulya Ganguly is not bordering on hate, but makes the claim that Demo was the cause of BJP's defeat. And he does cite a plausible reason in that once cash was take out of farmers' hands, they didn't have money to but seeds and other accessories. And they suffered. Any thoughts?

https://www.rediff.com/news/column/with ... 181213.htm

When the dust settles, in a few weeks time, ModiJi, either through man-ki-baat, or maybe through a TV appearance, address the lower rung of aam junta and show complete empathy and compassion for their woes. And further explain that he will do everything in his power to alleviate their pains in the short term, but what is more important are the kinds of schemes he is introducing which have long-term benefits, and explain that Congoon gimmicks will only wreck their future. Something along these lines. I am not an expert, but if indeed he feels in his heart of hearts that he launched Demo with the right intention but it did not work as he expected, he should also apologize and beg for forgiveness for the pain it caused.

Problem I see going into 2019 is that Pappu will be given every podium by the Congoon ecosystem to attack like a rabid dog through a pack of lies. That is where I really, really fee BJP needs to take their gloves off and go on the offensive and seize the narrative.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:30 am

Muns wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:26 am
...It's time to us to take up some of these hard topics. I myself have been looking to create another video on Xtian conversion... But its tough for anyone to really get on camera. I'm still hunting for any potentials or sources... If anybody can contribute or has sources please let me know....
you may pls get in touch with the Shiva Shakthi org. I can assist in that.
Last edited by Triank on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:30 am

I think we have to end this self-flagellation binge and move on. Our population's memory is short and focuses on the latest instant gratification. DeMo was ages ago. Congoons played the game, got their core on board and induced BJP's core to stamp NOTA. It still did not help them "decimate" BJP. The only state that needs introspection is CG. Targeted tactical measures can get RJ and MP to back BJP reasonably well in the LS2019 polls.

Media now seem to have gotten some sort of a memo. They are all singing hosannas to RaGa. This includes the Right-Again-Left-Again Times Now.

Navika Kumar was even seen beating up Sambit Patra and asking him to praise the Lord a.k.a. RaGa.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 am

crams wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:09 am
Hate to post anything from BJP/ModiJi hating pseudo liberal toadies, but just thought this particular opinion piece by Amulya Ganguly is not bordering on hate, but makes the claim that Demo was the cause of BJP's defeat. And he does cite a plausible reason in that once cash was take out of farmers' hands, they didn't have money to but seeds and other accessories. And they suffered. Any thoughts?

https://www.rediff.com/news/column/with ... 181213.htm

When the dust settles, in a few weeks time, ModiJi, either through man-ki-baat, or maybe through a TV appearance, address the lower rung of aam junta and show complete empathy and compassion for their woes. And further explain that he will do everything in his power to alleviate their pains in the short term, but what is more important are the kinds of schemes he is introducing which have long-term benefits, and explain that Congoon gimmicks will only wreck their future. Something along these lines. I am not an expert, but if indeed he feels in his heart of hearts that he launched Demo with the right intention but it did not work as he expected, he should also apologize and beg for forgiveness for the pain it caused.

Problem I see going into 2019 is that Pappu will be given every podium by the Congoon ecosystem to attack like a rabid dog through a pack of lies. That is where I really, really fee BJP needs to take their gloves off and go on the offensive and seize the narrative.
Even to this day, I don't know what are the actual benefits of demonetization. Yes tax net increased by 30-35 million but what else? What kind of black money came back? How many people were punished? This sort of information needs to be given out by the GoI not Social Media Warriors. People need to know why they endured hardships and stood in lines.
SSundar wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:30 am
I think we have to end this self-flagellation binge and move on. Our population's memory is short and focuses on the latest instant gratification. DeMo was ages ago. Congoons played the game, got their core on board and induced BJP's core to stamp NOTA. It still did not help them "decimate" BJP. The only state that needs introspection is CG. Targeted tactical measures can get RJ and MP to back BJP reasonably well in the LS2019 polls.

Media now seem to have gotten some sort of a memo. They are all singing hosannas to RaGa. This includes the Right-Again-Left-Again Times Now.

Navika Kumar was even seen beating up Sambit Patra and asking him to praise the Lord a.k.a. RaGa.
For CG, BJP has ensured that they will never come back again. What do you expect from a bunch of leaders who ruled an EJ infested state for 15 years and even then could not stop the rampant conversions. Even Modi could not stop it despite the FCRA regulations and NGO license bans. Do they realise that every convert is one vote lost for them forever.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:24 am

Meghalaya HC judge asks Centre to allow citizenship to immigrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan without question
I make it clear that nobody should try to make India as another Islamic country, otherwise it will be a dooms day for India and the world. I am confident that only this Government under Shri. Narendra Modiji will understand the gravity, and will do the needful," LiveLaw quoted Sen as saying in the judgment.
Sen was critical of the Boundary Commission appointed at the time of partition which drew an imaginary line to divide India into two.
Stating that it was "highly illogical, illegal and against the principle of natural justice", the court said Hindus who entered India during partition are still considered foreigners.

He also viewed the National Register of Citizens (NRC) exercise as "defective" as many foreigners became Indians and original Indians were left out.
Appealing to the Hindus of Assam to come together to find an amicable solution, Sen said, "Our culture, traditions and religions are the same. We should not hate each other just on the basis of language".
How did this "communal" judge slip through the cracks and become a HC judge :shock: In all likelihood, his career will progress no further.
How I wish people like these preside over RJB @ Ayodhya case :twisted:

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 am

crams wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:09 am
Hate to break it to the BJP diehards but man ki bat is useless. It was a novelty and people listened initially, but no-one has time to switch the radio on and listen to the PM. I'm talking about the middle class.

I'm not saying he should stop, but he needs to do other things, like pay media to put positive spins on things, get on YouTube, even recording his man ki bat on YouTube and pushing it out would help.. summaries need to be made at the start of the video so that people know the contents and results within the first minute. This is all simple corporate stuff.. an executive slide summarises the entire deck in a slide which the CEO can read and know what the results of the project are. Making a million apps isn't helpful either... YouTube is great, use it. Put translations on his videos, not everyone knows or wants to learn Hindi.. local languages and English would help..

Spokespersons like Patra are too meek and "nice".. works in the west, but India needs people who can shout and put the other guy down... I hate Indian news channels and never watch.. but those are the rules of the game.

Cmon guys, this is PR 101
Even to this day, I don't know what are the actual benefits of demonetization. Yes tax net increased by 30-35 million but what else? What kind of black money came back? How many people were punished? This sort of information needs to be given out by the GoI not Social Media Warriors. People need to know why they endured hardships and stood in lines.
Absolutely, man on the street doesn't care about GDP or any other metric.. how has it affected him, what has he gained? Taxes have gone up (in real terms), but what I see is the same, same potholed roads, same overflowing gutters, no garbage collection etc etc.. yes I know these are state stuff, but man on street isn't smart enough to differentiate.. if you can't accept that, the. BJP has no future. States often push central help as their own, during floods, Kerala CPI were branding all relief as CPI help.. who got credit, who did the work? Same thing has happened in TN over and over.. these make a difference.. noone will search for the truth.

I don't know if any of you remember but in 2009 or something, Sonia made a relief train wait for 48hours because she wanted to flag it off.. why do you think they is, besides the ego boost, the coverage only shows that she sent help, not that it was delayed by 2days

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:56 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 am

Hate to break it to the BJP diehards but man ki bat is useless. It was a novelty and people listened initially, but no-one has time to switch the radio on and listen to the PM. I'm talking about the middle class.
If you want to fall asleep, listen to Mann ki Baat.It has become more like a press release by GoI or sermons.
On Top, no one is interested in NM berating congress from JLN to MMS anymore. They are gone. We elected you to solve our problems.
If still you want to blame congress after almost 4.5 years, it won't cut.
Most of us weren't even born when RG was ruling.
BJP needs to up the game and look for seats on the eastern front. Hinterland was completely milked last time and lightening will not strike twice.

I remember that some of the Internet warriors were making fun of us and asking us to vote for Congress in case we did not like Demo. Guess what!! Some of the voters did. So why cry and shed tears now ?

PS: It is good that Congress gets to rule some states. Atleast new voters can compare the governance and RG can't just blame BJP and make wild promises.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:16 am

Mann ki baat is useless yapping. No one listens to it. I don't know why is it still a thing.

Instead he should start doing press briefings every 2 weeks from now on to drill down in the voter base what he did over 5 years.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 am

--snip-snip--
Last edited by Triank on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 am

Spokespersons like Patra are too meek and "nice".. works in the west, but India needs people who can shout and put the other guy down... I hate Indian news channels and never watch.. but those are the rules of the game.

Cmon guys, this is PR 101

I don't know if any of you remember but in 2009 or something, Sonia made a relief train wait for 48hours because she wanted to flag it off.. why do you think they is, besides the ego boost, the coverage only shows that she sent help, not that it was delayed by 2days
probably you haven't watched patra in some months, or have seen him only on english channels? I used to have the same impression of him esp when he was new. but boy, has he mutated! he's like BJP's trump card of a spokesperson who does what you wish, with full humour & loudness as & when reqd. he has given employment to a whole 'abdul & associates' meme-bhim-industry who mock & make fun of him/bjp.

reg. congoons' maateshwari, do you recall anything about her fainting after entering Kashi yrs back?

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:11 am

KL Dubey wrote:And most important, make sure no cadres or constituencies are alienated. BJP central and state units and RSS must be seamless.
An oft repeated word is "arrogance"; that of Na.Mo and A.Shah. How true is this? Because if both of them are sitting on high horses, they would not get much support from BJP cadre as well RSS.
JohnTitor wrote:They're satisfied with a lower standard of living as long as they don't need to work. In fact, if you ask any businessman in the south, they will tell you the same thing. You cannot get local labour because of the freebies.
We must congratulate the British in formulating the strategy, and then INC for successfuly implementing it on generation of Indians. That is to keep them perpetually poor, frusturated and never encouraging to work hard, and live with a perpetual mode of poor self esteem. I am reminded of the Opium trade/wars which the British used against Chinese. China recovered but don't think India will be able to do that. I remember a colleague from TN saying it was getting tough to get local labour thanks to the freebie policy. Men generally work to make Rs. 50 or so; for that would get the cheapest possible quarter bottle of liquor. Their women folk generally slog harder, and governments also have subsidised food grains, kerosene, power and have given utensils, TV and Fan as well. In KA too I have seen young men regularly boozing at village bars at times like 1100 Hrs. And when their women folk actually slog hard to make money.
To begin with, people should stop thinking they can get away without the core. People will vote nota or INC, and your ridicule will not help. BJP should curb it's arrogance..
Can we define this "core", because I hear this word quite often. And then we can revisit what this "core" wants, and what help at best can come from this "core" (considering the way Indian political system and establishment work at the moment).
Supratik wrote:They should also appoint a crack team for 2019 just like they did for 2014. I am sure bright ideas will come out of these on how to package the message. The messaging is now sounding similar and repetitive. Stop all talk about demo and GST.
Sorry to sound cynical. Do you think A.Shah & Na.Mo can bring back that crack team? I some times get a feeling that they have alienated a lot of people, and even within the party & RSS they may not get a strong backing.
Chandragupta wrote:Even to this day, I don't know what are the actual benefits of demonetization. Yes tax net increased by 30-35 million but what else? What kind of black money came back? How many people were punished? This sort of information needs to be given out by the GoI not Social Media Warriors. People need to know why they endured hardships and stood in lines.
I don't think doing this NOW will have any great benefit. Because the main stream media has set people's mind set that it was a failure. So explaining things now, or putting up PPTs showing the figures would not help. But what may make people look up and see would be real visible "law enforcement" actions. That includes naming and even arresting bank big-wigs, summons & warrants issued to "top 10% tax evaders", and perhaps much publicised freezing of assets. Nirav Modi, Mallya all coming out of air planes with their face covered with a towel getting telecasted live would be the icing on the cake.
Vikas wrote:On Top, no one is interested in NM berating congress from JLN to MMS anymore. They are gone. We elected you to solve our problems. If still you want to blame congress after almost 4.5 years, it won't cut.
+1. One thing Na.Mo & BJP should avoid is to taunt opponents for their intelligence, religion, past incidents etc. These become "personal" and after some time many neutral people would not like it. Mani Shankar Iyer made the "chaiwallah" comment at a bad moment, and even that had an impact during LS 2014.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:17 am

Last few RBI governors:

YV Reddy, PhD (Economics)
D Subbarao, PhD (Economics)
Raghuram Rajan, PhD (Economics)
Urjit Patel, PhD (Economics)
Shaktikanta Das, MA (History)

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:53 am

Do we know who the CMs of RJ, MP and CG are going to be? I'm sure the moneybags are going to pass on to Italian mafia in Delhi for CM and other posts in state governments. Lookout for who will be in charge of electricity boards, PWD and Irrigation depts.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:26 am

RJ: Gehlot
MP: Kamalnath

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:06 am

Vikas wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:26 am
RJ: Gehlot
MP: Kamalnath
what happens to people who voted for youth leader? :rotfl:

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:36 pm

with my limited understanding of politics my take away are:

-RJB issue has lost political currency
(hence Modi-Shah justified in not bringing ordinance as of now)
-Youth facing joblessness, they want jobs > NOTA
-Farmers want waivers
-Middle class > tax burdened
(Jaitley nicely undermined middle class turning them against namo)
-Muslims want privileged status maintained, will never vote for BJP T3 or not
-Splinter interest groups like
Jats want reservation
Maratha want reservation
(in states in enough number to wag the dog)
-Dalit want reservation and special status continued > Mayawati/BSP, regional leaders align to them

In such a complex state vikas, infra is unlikely to cut alone. Kala dhan, corruption absent in mantralaya are OK but what did I got in the deal is the moot question.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Spoke to two guys from RJ and they confirm my analysis. The trading class who are a voting block for BJP for decades voted Cong or NOTA due to GST and demo. Apparently the entire black money driven informal economic chain has been broken. They are angry but I wonder why they voted Modi in 2014 when he said " na khaunga, na khane dunga". This has been confirmed by SuSwamy in a BBC interview. The other point is also confirmed that the poor were offered a lot of goodies by the Cong. Modi gave them some of what they wanted but they want more. Modi and BJP thought they have given enough but now they think they can get more from Cong. Rest is all noise. I saw an interview of Amit Shah and he is keeping on repeating that 200 million have benefited from the schemes but the fact is that they want more as they see it an easy way to extract goodies from whoever wants to give it. So Modi has to promise more goodies if he gets re-elected. Otherwise they will vote Cong. Start with higher MSP for farmers. Promise more goodies. You have to play the game. Toilets and electricity are ancient history. Give tax breaks and low interest to middle class who are sulking. And do something about traders. Give them some scheme or sops. If Modi-Shah think they are going to win becoz 200 million people benefited they are in for a rude shock. The electorate wants more.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Also stop attacking Cong and RG for what happened for last 60-70 years. This is not 2014. People want to know what you have done and what more you will do. What goodies you will give.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:22 pm

^^ Also, I respectfully disagree. We do need to attack that moron Pappu. Because otherwise, you will see Pappu mock ModiJi and he gets to set the narrative.

To get a sense of how twisted the attacks against BJP have been, just consider one example: J&K. Now, here is a 70+ year old problem. 1000s of our brave soldiers died fighting a the toxic war unleashed by Islamic terrorists (both paki and Kashmiri). The rabid KMs want secession at gun point. And today the narrative is that BJP's cow/Hindu politics is "alienating" KMs. And we have the bloody perpetrators (Pakis/KMs) along with Congoons on one side Vs BJP on the other. How could BJP let the narrative be so upended? And this is just one example. I cannot imagine how Congoons with 44 MPs were able to be such an attack dog from the day ModiJi took office. Granted, there is a huge ecosystem at play, but BJP has failed in reducing the impact of this ecosystem.

On another note, read in the ToILeT that SC is going to pronounce its Rafale verdict tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what they have to say. It seems to me that they stayed the verdict so as to not influence the state elections one way or another.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm

That is old news and will no longer bring votes.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:12 pm

I also do believe that RJB won't bring in new age voters to vote for BJP. We have to be brutally honest to ourselves. It's a 'nice to have' in the manifesto, but can't be a heavy vote bringer. We are letting ourselves being fooled into a trap if we think that Congoons are pushing us into bring it in law on it, where-as the "real" battle is somewhere else. Its been said that Congoons have spent substantially into social media platforms, and have made targeted campaigns into regions where there are new age millennials. Especially with messages that all parties are same, so why vote. Or all candidates are crooks, so vote NOTA. It's a systematic targeting campaign that has made such a huge difference at scale. It's not a sheer coincidence. And certainly NOTHING to do with farmer distress. Read some tweets that if farmer distress was indeed a problem, how come BJP won in Mandsaur where it was an epicenter of farmer protests (staged most likely). Most of the pain is from urbannites.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 pm

It will keep core voters from not voting in 2019. It will bring chaos in the ranks of sec-soc as they will be dammed if they oppose it (Hindus) and dammed if they support it (Muslims). Will create chaos in their ranks and unmask parading RG as a Hindu.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Right now, a substantial middle class tax cut for 2019 and a rollout plan for even lower direct taxes tied to certain milestones of growth, inflation and fiscal deficit would work wonders. Show middle class what the next 5 years could bring.

Jaitley has done a great job being a frugal homemaker putting food on the table with limited income. But the kids want ice cream and candy. Must at least promise them that.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:36 pm

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 058954.cms

NOTA votes in 15 Rajasthan constituencies outscore victory margin

What tilted MP in favour of Congress: Seats with margin of less than 1000 votes and NOTA
Ten of 14 low margin - less than 2,000 votes - seats went to the Congress in Madhya Pradesh assembly election.
https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/sto ... 2018-12-12

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:44 pm

How many seats did BJP win where the margin was less than 2000 ?