The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
vishvak
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by vishvak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 am

While wife and son of a judge are murdered in broad light in front of crowd by a fundamentalist thug has gone unnoticed by media, in foreign media the heinous murder in Turkey's Saudi embassy has been plastered for weeks.

The murder of judge's near ones is no different than murder of Lahore's lawmaker by fanatic bodyguard, but media seems to be busy in issues that don't affect democracy at all.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:29 am

shravanp wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 pm
Good one by Annu Kapoor (on Tanushree Datta)

He brought in Modi just like an urban naxal would.

It's not about these commie and left leaning, convent educated, yoga practising pseudos and bimbos who are so cleverly " #metoo ing" in such a vehement protest but it actually should be about the 99.99% of the daily exploited women and everyone forgets that the exploitation by everyone in the industry and is being done against those faceless, voiceless, helpless and never ever mentioned hapless filmi extras, dancers and junior artistes who make up the bulk of the workforce of this filthy industry called bollywood.

This criminal exploitation is of the worst kind in all the southern states.

The guy in the video is a plagiarist of the worst kind and has been one for decades and is also one of the worst exploiters in the industry.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:43 am

vishvak wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 am
While wife and son of a judge are murdered in broad light in front of crowd by a fundamentalist thug has gone unnoticed by media, in foreign media the heinous murder in Turkey's Saudi embassy has been plastered for weeks.

The murder of judge's near ones is no different than murder of Lahore's lawmaker by fanatic bodyguard, but media seems to be busy in issues that don't affect democracy at all.
who said that the media is ignoring it??, they are putting a lid on it. There is a very vast difference between the two approaches.

It is because of the religion of the fundamentalist shooter that the media is studiously putting a lid on it. Had the guy been a Hindu, everybody and his brother in the media would have gone to town about it, including the BBC, the guardian, NY times, WAPO and entire urban naxal brigade from many countries.

Especially after the expose of bishops bonking nuns, padres poking little boys, they don't want their converts to be seen by the aam janta as murderers of judges.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:27 am

You have to give it to the Ayyappa bhaktas of Kerala for preventing entry of women into Sabarimala successfully so far.

It's heart breaking to even contemplate a centuries old tradition cherished by millions will be violated by people who don't believe in Ayyappa Swamy or Hinduism.
A person committed suicide rather than see the wishes of his deity violated. You can understand the scarring that millions of Hindus all over the world will have.

Is there any way that the sanctity of the temple can be be restored after what women entered it, say at a future date with a new ruling or a new law that will prevent women. Will devotees continue to go there or will the place lose its appeal? I hope people will continue to visit Sabarimala with the same fervour and keep fighting till the decision is reversed.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 am

More on Jatin Das, father of Nandita Das.

I am loving this #MeToo

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 am

There is a movement to block Republic TV on SM.
Can everybody here block them and post the screen shot on their time line? This is the least we can do to express our support to the devotees at Sabarimala.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 am

we are the fools, keeping such people out of jails because of some misplaced sense of "fundamental" rights and fittingly, our judiciary always obliges and sees fit to wake up at 2AM to provide them with "judicial" comfort and legal succour on their false petitions which is ALWAYS top priority and blazingly urgent. Such comfort and legal succour is never available to the aam aadmi, whose taxes pay for the fat salaries and extraordinary perks of these colonial hangover hizzoners.

#UrbanNaxals G Vittal Rao aka Gaddar. Naxal singer, inspired thousands of youth to take up naxalism, lived all his life in Hyderabad, sent his children 4 studies abroad, meets Rahul, joins Cong., attire changes to Corporate honcho ! @vivekagnihotri @RatanSharda55 @sambitswaraj

Raj Malhotra
BGR Newbie

Post by Raj Malhotra » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:43 am
vishvak wrote:

who said that the media is ignoring it??, they are putting a lid on it. There is a very vast difference between the two approaches.

It is because of the religion of the fundamentalist shooter that the media is studiously putting a lid on it. Had the guy been a Hindu, everybody and his brother in the media would have gone to town about it, including the BBC, the guardian, NY times, WAPO and entire urban naxal brigade from many countries.

Especially after the expose of bishops bonking nuns, padres poking little boys, they don't want their converts to be seen by the aam janta as murderers of judges.
As I pointed out before. Our economy is rapidly going into the hands of foreigners, therefore the media will do what the foreign interests want.

Though I wonder what the CM of the concerned State who is from RSS doing? Another David Bhai?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Raj Malhotra wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 pm
chetak wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:43 am
vishvak wrote:

As I pointed out before. Our economy is rapidly going into the hands of foreigners, therefore the media will do what the foreign interests want.

Though I wonder what the CM of the concerned State who is from RSS doing? Another David Bhai?
BTW, a lot of the Indian media IS foreign owned. :mrgreen:

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Sachin,
I am sad to see the defeatist and fatalistic attitude in your writing - In Sabari Mala, women can be moved in by hook or crook. The main stream media, evangelists and a section of Kerala Police would ensure that. Very sad. You have been saying it few times. Why it has to be that way. It may in the end, if the war/battle is lost, but not until it is. Till then we fight/we protest/we kill/get killed, but not without a fight. The only thing Lord said is in our hand is the Karma- action, not the phala/result. Why be apposite, fixated on result and zero on action (even if it is in thought), why?

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:32 pm

fanne wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:24 pm
I am sad to see the defeatist and fatalistic attitude in your writing - In Sabari Mala, women can be moved in by hook or crook. The main stream media, evangelists and a section of Kerala Police would ensure that. Very sad. You have been saying it few times. Why it has to be that way. It may in the end, if the war/battle is lost, but not until it is.
I am on the pessimistic/over cautious side. But from what I am seeing is that there are very strong groups who are out there to destroy the belief system and the temple at Shabari Mala. Till now it is only because of the sheer will power of the devotees that they have not managed to mess up things. Even as I write this, there are rumours that state government would encourage folks like Trupti Desai to enter the temple in the darkness of the night (while common sense also tells me that it is very tough for the police to do the bandobust in a hilly area, that too in the darkness). It all depends upon the will power & determination of the Aam aadmi Ayyappa Devotee. I cannot even trust the politicians (including BJP & RSS-wallahs) in this.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:32 pm

One major worry I have is that the SC may now come up with an anti-Hindu verdict on RJB. That would be akin to a nuclear disaster for Hindus and for India. Imagine the outrage on one side and the glee and joy on the other. Perfect recipe for a major conflict. But if they cannot see the right of Hindus to run their temples and conduct their religious activities in the same independent manner that others do, then what is to stop them from going this far?

Perhaps it is for the best that the Sabarimala verdict came out the way it did. A Jewish professor of mine once told me that the Holocaust was actually good for the Jews despite the terrible cost in lives - it united them like never before and they are stronger politically, militarily and economically now than they ever were in history. I just hope the Hindus do not have to pay a similar price.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:35 pm

A report on the protests and how successful they have been so far, from Swarajya:

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/as-the ... -it-stands

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Primus wrote:One major worry I have is that the SC may now come up with an anti-Hindu verdict on RJB. That would be akin to a nuclear disaster for Hindus and for India. Imagine the outrage on one side and the glee and joy on the other.
It would also be a minor disaster if Sabari Mala is sacrificed hoping a favourable verdict in RJB- where the case is no where near completion.
Perhaps it is for the best that the Sabarimala verdict came out the way it did.
I agree with that part. Because in KL I am seeing a total unity of Hindus when it comes to Sabari Mala. The commies and "seculars" are trying to buy time, and split the Hindus on caste lines. Even RSS was forced to change its stance in Sabari Mala. But this kind of momentum cannot be maintained for ever. So that is where the current order has to be annulled/byepassed.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Screw BJP/RSS (I can't believe I am saying this), but my faith in Ayyappa is above this. Did you know Glasnost is going in RSS (they may be performing circumcision soon, to just be more modern, move from Dr saheb time to new time).

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Irrespective of what BJP or RSS does, this is a people's fight. It's they who have to take it to a logical conclusion.
This ruling can be used across South India to convince the Hindus that only a Hindu party can protect their belief.

Why is the Ezhava community supporting the govt on this issue? How is their belief different from the others?

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Sachin wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 pm
Primus wrote:One major worry I have is that the SC may now come up with an anti-Hindu verdict on RJB. That would be akin to a nuclear disaster for Hindus and for India. Imagine the outrage on one side and the glee and joy on the other.
It would also be a minor disaster if Sabari Mala is sacrificed hoping a favourable verdict in RJB- where the case is no where near completion.
I don't think the people to whom it matters the most - devout followers of Lord Ayyappa - will just give up and sacrifice the cause for any reason. So the entity that may abandon its pursuit (I hope not), maybe the temple committee or the BJP. The more this gathers momentum, the less likely that is to happen. I doubt the commies and others opposed will go away quietly. In the end it will have to be a reversal of the SC verdict which is the only way I see this resolving peacefully. Don't know the chances of that happening.
I agree with that part. Because in KL I am seeing a total unity of Hindus when it comes to Sabari Mala. The commies and "seculars" are trying to buy time, and split the Hindus on caste lines. Even RSS was forced to change its stance in Sabari Mala. But this kind of momentum cannot be maintained for ever. So that is where the current order has to be annulled/byepassed.
The Kerala Hindus in particular will have to choose between a political ideology and their faith. So far it is the former that has won, but maybe the winds of change are blowing in a favorable direction for once.

One place where the fallout (if the pro-temple protests are successful) will be felt quite strongly is WB. The situation there is similar in many ways, the Hindus again will have to decide what they want - faith or political expediency.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:17 pm

fanne wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:43 pm
Screw BJP/RSS (I can't believe I am saying this), but my faith in Ayyappa is above this.
I am not a devotee myself, but I can well understand this. The devotion in Lord Ayyappa transcends caste barriers as far as I know. Which means, this perhaps is the first time (apart from the infamous Dec 6, 1992 incident) that Hindus from all walks of life and all stations are coming together to fight what they see as an existential threat to their faith. I believe the next few days/weeks will tell us how passionate they are. There are many parallels between what is happening now and what happened in 1992. A terrible price was paid by the kar-sevaks long before the structure was brought down, very few know the reality of those brutal killings in 1990 that earned Mulayam the title 'Mullah Mulayam'.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Sachin wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 pm
The BJP is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. It is not looking at RJB here but it has already taken a stand on the triple talaq issue and it cannot be seen as being contradictory by taking a different position on the sabari mala issue. hence it is quiet and maybe speaking through the RSS this time.

Jaitley has also voiced his resentment of the SC's biased rulings as always hitting at ONLY the Hindus.

SC’s rulings on matters of faith selective, feels Arun Jaitley

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Hmm really...I have no problem with Hypocrites!! Specially when it is in my favor. When everyone does it why not me/him

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:12 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 pm

The BJP is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. It is not looking at RJB here but it has already taken a stand on the triple talaq issue and it cannot be seen as being contradictory by taking a different position on the sabari mala issue. hence it is quiet and maybe speaking through the RSS this time.

I think the TT and the issue of Sabarimala are completely different. One is a societal law, the other a religious tradition. You CAN have a different stand on the two issues. For example, if the BJP had fought and campaigned for allowing all muslim women into all mosques and then said the same cannot happen at Sabarimala then it would be a double standard.

I don't understand the RSS at all. What is their objection to this? They are not a political organization even if they support the BJP (sometimes I doubt that even). That they are 100% committed to Dharma and Hindu causes should be self-evident given how the opposition loathes them and yet I see some discrepancies in their behavior that makes me wonder.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:12 pm
chetak wrote:

I think the TT and the issue of Sabarimala are completely different. One is a societal law, the other a religious tradition. You CAN have a different stand on the two issues. For example, if the BJP had fought and campaigned for allowing all muslim women into all mosques and then said the same cannot happen at Sabarimala then it would be a double standard.

I don't understand the RSS at all. What is their objection to this? They are not a political organization even if they support the BJP (sometimes I doubt that even). That they are 100% committed to Dharma and Hindu causes should be self-evident given how the opposition loathes them and yet I see some discrepancies in their behavior that makes me wonder.
BJP and RSS slept at the wheel by not judging the overall Hindu sentiment across India and especially in Kerala. They were taken in by the few modern Hindus who saw the issue as discriminatory against women, the few who are vocal and give the impression that they are the many.

If Hindus have taken these processions before the judgement, may be the judges and all political parties would have seen the light. The judgement is a good kick on the backside Hindus needed. Perhaps, the RJB verdict must also go against Hindus. I bet if RJB goes against Hindus, the only outrage we will see will be on twitter - Oh, BJP did not do this, did not do that. None of us will be on the streets like those brave Kerala folks.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Primus wrote:
chetak wrote:

May be the Haji Ali Dargah case would be a more similar example? When Bombay HC ordered women entry into the Dargah, BJP welcomed the ruling. So if now it makes contradictory statement on Sabarimala, it will be accused of double standard ?

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:53 pm
Primus wrote:
chetak wrote:

May be the Haji Ali Dargah case would be a more similar example? When Bombay HC ordered women entry into the Dargah, BJP welcomed the ruling. So if now it makes contradictory statement on Sabarimala, it will be accused of double standard ?
No, I believe the two are still different. You clearly do not understand the specific reason why women of a certain age (remember, not ALL women are barred entry into Sabarimala) are forbidden access to Lord Ayyappa. It is a very special case here. There are very few temples in India where women are banned in general - I am not sure I can recall any. So it is not the same as a dargah or mosque where women of all ages are disbarred from entering.

Foreigners (implying those not of the Hindu faith) are not allowed in many temples, including Pashupatinath Ji. That is the rule established there. It is a place that has a special meaning to Hindus only. You cannot argue discrimination in that case.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:08 am

Haldiram wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:53 pm
Primus wrote:
chetak wrote:

And what happened to that ruling? Who is implementing it? Why did not Kerala HC take up the issue of women entry into mosques? Plenty of rulings by courts not being implemented in case of muslims and christians. If million muslims or christians came on to the road like Hindus there will be large scale violence and bloodshed. So far Hindus have been peaceful. If Hindus turn to violence, there is no big enough police force or military that could stop it.