New Forum Categories Launched

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KJo
Forum Moderator

New Forum Categories Launched

Post by KJo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:33 am

Hi all,
I have put in some categories to organize the board better. Please use them. This will increase and improve with time and we can have newer categories.
Please create topics in their appropriate categories. We intend for this board to be a 'living' board which changes with time rather than stay dormant and fixed.

Post suggestions and comments here.

Marten
BGR Member

Re: New Forum Categories Launched

Post by Marten » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 am

GREAT JOB! Mighty impressed.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:11 am

Thanks a lot. What is BGF supposed to do ?

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:28 am

Something is odd about the Forum logo. It made we wonder why it is representing a map of india with yellow/mustard Telengana/Andhra.

Then i finally managed to inspect the source script and realised that every state is coloured, but only 2 states actually stand out in the thumbnail due to colour contrast

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:10 am

Dileep, I thought this was supposed to be alternative to GDF and you have achieved that for us, but now we seem to have alternative for every thread in BRF. It seems now the aims have changed. Is that correct Sir?

brad goodman
BGR Newbie

Post by brad goodman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 pm

I echo Aditya's question?

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:11 am

Let me put it this way.

BRF is a serious military/strategy platform, with an under-burqua GDF, which was reluctantly allowed due to public demand.
BGR is a GDF, with a few other categories which are reluctantly allowed due to public demand. I am not going to make any post there myself.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:45 am

My previous question was about BGF projects, not BGF. Sorry.

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:44 am

Oh, that is a request from a mod. A Quo for the Quid of helping out I guess ;) Let us see how it goes. I notice zero posts there anyway.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Combined all political threads into one area. Better for now and we can revisit as traffic increases.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 pm

jamwal wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:45 am
Any entity that remains stagnant will die sooner or later. So I think this place should evolve with time as per what is best for it (whatever it may be).
BGF Projects is a thought I had for members to get together and do something tangible. An example is counter propaganda over Wikipedia. I have removed it for now and we can have it under the main forum if needed and have a separate area if it picks up.

As Dileep said, we are not competitors with BRF, both groups have the same goals and hopes.

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 am

Mods and forum founders,
I have always wondered why entry barrier for brf or bgf. I am sure the question would have crossed the minds of jingos before, but is it not a good time to have a second look and may be with a new solution. Say post access only in certain forums. Brf has helped shape me and i sure many others sharpen their political and social views. By keeping only work email id's aren't we keeping the student and may be some retired people out? Catch them young may be a good idea

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 am

Also wanted to check if there is any way to like or vote posts they can be incorporated here?

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 am

Nope. We are not going to add likes.

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 am

ArjunPandit wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 am
Mods and forum founders,
I have always wondered why entry barrier for brf or bgf. I am sure the question would have crossed the minds of jingos before, but is it not a good time to have a second look and may be with a new solution. Say post access only in certain forums. Brf has helped shape me and i sure many others sharpen their political and social views. By keeping only work email id's aren't we keeping the student and may be some retired people out? Catch them young may be a good idea
BGR don't have entry barrier. But we have already seen bots starting threads because of that. There is a reason why BRF have official e-mail onlee policy, and we should respect that.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm

is US domestic politics discussions allowed? things are heating up with Mueller's investigations. Looks like Flynn might cut a deal.

Looks like classic case of how they take down mafia..by building cases moving up the chain and having people below give up the guy above and so on.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Gus wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm
is US domestic politics discussions allowed? things are heating up with Mueller's investigations. Looks like Flynn might cut a deal.

Looks like classic case of how they take down mafia..by building cases moving up the chain and having people below give up the guy above and so on.
Why not? Open a thread with a matching title.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 am

KJo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm
Gus wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Why not? Open a thread with a matching title.
NO. That will poison this forum. The thread would be similar to having pappu supporters trashing everything Modi and the BJP do. There are plenty of US political forums on the internet to discuss US politics and people in India don't care.

akshay kapoor
BGR Newbie

Post by akshay kapoor » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:48 am

I agree Mort Walker.

Vayutuvan
BGR Newbie

Post by Vayutuvan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:56 pm

KJo wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 pm
jamwal wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:45 am
Any entity that remains stagnant will die sooner or later. So I think this place should evolve with time as per what is best for it (whatever it may be).
BGF Projects is a thought I had for members to get together and do something tangible. An example is counter propaganda over Wikipedia. I have removed it for now and we can have it under the main forum if needed and have a separate area if it picks up.

As Dileep said, we are not competitors with BRF, both groups have the same goals and hopes.
I am an active editor on Wikipedia, mostly reversing vandalism and fixing broken links in Math and Science pages. I have starting to put together an article on Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and redirect PoK to that page. Azad Kashmir has been there forever. For Wikipedia to be neutral, both Indian and Pakistani POVs need to be given equal space.

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:24 am

Mods, wanted to check your appetite on opening up threads on expats related issues. BGR servers as good platform to connect with Indophiles..is gmail/mobile based registration allowed. I see lot of whatsapp groups in NRI circles based on even colonies.
This may be our way of influencing thoughts. Let me know your thoughts