The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vrish
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Vrish » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Indrad wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:59 pm
hanumadu wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 pm
this guy must be living under a rock to not know the Hindu sentiment on this issue.
actually some one was mentioning today that detachment from grass root of leaders like DR HV was a major cause of Delhi poll debacle. They had no idea of what people wanted from them.
modi is not immune to that either. the twin whammy of demo + gst and the economic impact clearly caught him by surprise, which makes it more curious what was the urgency for either? demo i suspect was initiated in part to wipe out black money before UP elections, and also shut down fake notes from TSP being used for same. GST was long in the works so just time had come, but in both cases, ham handed execution clearly shows Modi doesnt understand the babucracy simply cannot deliver his expectations in a proper fashion and he better give them far more time lest they screw things up and his Govt takes the blame.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Delhi NCR has some of the highest pollution levels in the country so it is natural for some people who may not necessarily be against Hindu festivals to support this ban. However, this is an on coming freight train with the beacon only seen by a few BRF type people. Delhi is the nation's capital and any law affecting social customs from the SC itself will have a huge bearing for the rest of the country. If the Delhi ban is successful it will just be a matter of time until it gets implemented by the states and then the country slowly - starting with the likes of WB and Kerala.
Expect a story in the Chindu or ToiLet a week after diwali on how the cracker ban kept the pollution levels at an all time low in Delhi NCR with cooked up stats to compare with previous years only for the 1 week Diwali period (most probably at night when most crackers are burst)
This will then be lapped up the SJWs and lefties to further the cause.
Each Hindu festival will be targeted similarly, one by one until theres none remaining. The Diwali stats would be used as a stick to beat all festivals with from Ganesh chaturthi to Holi.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 am

Delhi is the biggest cracker market in india

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 am

^^My few thoughts on this
1. outright ban is aurangjebish,
2. where is subramanian swamy?
3. Pollution levels in delhi/ncr are a major concern, especially with a significant respiratory allergy (myself being one) and AK 49 as the mascot. But is an outright ban the best solution, a govt that couldnt implement the odd even, couldnt provide a robust public transport has no right to intervene in religious matters. If implemented, this will bite BJP very very badly.
4. However, this might turn out to be chanikian and may reduce the dhimmification of hindus

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 am

Singha wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 am
Delhi is the biggest cracker market in india
what next banning industries in mumbai and faridabad? as they are also a cause of pollution. Mumbai manages because of the significant rainfall it recieves and doesnt have a winter to further aggravate the matters

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 am

Lol. I see some of the folks discussing 'Hindu sentiment' all of a sudden, who previously poured out copious, pious advice, defences, justifications, excuses etc regarding why its a bad idea in NDA-2. Suddenly gone woke, seems like.

I have little expectation from Modi sarkar now, on anything that can even remotely be identified as a 'Hindu' issue.

There may be genuine (as in, non-cowardly) reasons for chickening out of (or postponing) the same, perhaps. Can't say from our vantage point as mere aam aadmis.

However, mere aam aadmis do drive and spread perception, and in politics as in marketing, Perception influences reality.

The only hope (and expectation) I have from the current crop of lotus party netas is from Amitbhai Shah and the Yogi, on 'Hindu' issues. Modi takes a little bit of credit for tolerating their radical views in the system, I guess. The rest come across as benchwarmers, time-passers, gas-passers, passers-by etc only, on Indic issues at least.
Last edited by Hari Seldon on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

BhairavP
BGR Newbie

Post by BhairavP » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 am

Benchwarmers in all issues; they are just hanging on to the Modi wave, or whatever remains of it.
Especially the Delhi gang. Please read Kanchan Gupta's tweet last night - fencesitters who got off the fence in 2014 are right back where they were in October 2012.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:29 am

RSS-leader and RSS-Minister Dr Harshvadhna had made THREE anti-Hindu anti-Hinduism tweets , and now DrHV has DELETED those tweets !!! .
I had saved the tweets and links on fb FB status
https://twitter.com/drharshvardhan/stat ... 0304060416
" Welcome decision by the SC on ban of firecrakers sales in NCR. Comes as a huge support for my #GreenDiwali initiative for our environment "

https://twitter.com/drharshvardhan/stat ... 8748126213

" And of course, we must spare a thought for poor birds and animals who spend a terrible evening scared by all the fire & noise #GreenDiwali "

https://twitter.com/drharshvardhan/stat ... 3604048896

" Instead of spending thousands on crackers, lets buy food & sweets and share it with poor/underprivileged, make it an awesome #GreenDiwali "
All three tweets are now gone
This is SHAMEFUL that a Minister first sends tweets and then he deletes his tweets !!! Even a small time activist like myself has sense that I have said something, I may later correct / apologize --- but I should never delete the record.
------------
Its not just about RSS-leaders --- its about rank and file of RSS-workers. They supported movie OMG which mocked Hindu seers, Not only that, the actor Paresh Raval, a crypto , was made MP by RSS-workers. Akshay Kumar alias Khiladi too was going to be made MP, but Akshay Kumar had become a Canadian citizen in year 2009 and he didnt wish to re-become an Indian citizen. IOW, rank and file of RSS-workers want to "reform" us Hindus , by giving away murtipuja, gurupuja, pollution causing firecrackers, bull torturing Jallikathu etc
When Jallikatju was banned, 10s of us sent tweet to @PmoIndia to print money bill to cancel SCj order. How many RSS-workers sent signed letter to PM or sent tweet to @PmoIndia to print money bill to cancel Jallikatju? ZERO !!!
Myu point is --- its time people decide which side RSS-workers are standing.
---
As per congress / aap , they have all opnely declared themselves as anti-Hindu. They are anti-Hindu, but they are all at least honest about it. We know where they stand. So there is nothing to decide about them.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 am

Complete silence by central government who controls Delhi.

Chandrasekaran
BGR Newbie

Post by Chandrasekaran » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:42 am

Guys, please see https://twitter.com/TajinderBagga - He is running a campaign to buy crackers from outside Delhi and distribute it for free to slum children at Delhi. Request like minded people to contribute a token amount to 9818737573@upi

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:43 am

ArjunPandit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 am
4. However, this might turn out to be chanikian and may reduce the dhimmification of hindus
Sorry but I have to say, not everything is chanikian.

Plain stupidity by BJP. What is surprising is modi/shah not realising that his core voter base is slipping away each day.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 am

BJP is trapped. It is clear that environment ministry encouraged SC to ban firecrackers. Now if central gov act against the ban then SC will scold them - why ask us to ban and now make us look villain in public? Moreover it was environment ministry who supported the ban so analysts will raise question whether there is no unity in ministers if bjp act against the ban.

Either trapped by complete foolishness, or worse, they all want to ban diwali all along with blessing from modi.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:53 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 am
Lol. I see some of the folks discussing 'Hindu sentiment' all of a sudden, who previously poured out copious, pious advice, defences, justifications, excuses etc regarding why its a bad idea in NDA-2. Suddenly gone woke, seems like.

I have little expectation from Modi sarkar now, on anything that can even remotely be identified as a 'Hindu' issue.

There may be genuine (as in, non-cowardly) reasons for chickening out of (or postponing) the same, perhaps. Can't say from our vantage point as mere aam aadmis.

However, mere aam aadmis do drive and spread perception, and in politics as in marketing, Perception influences reality.

The only hope (and expectation) I have from the current crop of lotus party netas is from Amitbhai Shah and the Yogi, on 'Hindu' issues. Modi takes a little bit of credit for tolerating their radical views in the system, I guess. The rest come across as benchwarmers, time-passers, gas-passers, passers-by etc only, on Indic issues at least.
What I've noticed is that many folk on BRF don't realise that perception is more important than actual ground work. They are smart and have the resources and time to see the bigger picture.

Majority of people won't do any research or try to understand the bigger picture. It's all sentiment. And in today's digital era, WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter are driving a lot of the narrative.

Eg: A family friend who is a modi supporter shut hid business down after demo, primarily because he can't get loans from loansharks and mudrna hasn't helped him. It's difficult for him to understand the big picture. He only cares for his livelihood.

I'm afraid BJP hasn't learnt its lessons from 2004

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 am

Chandrasekaran wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:42 am
Guys, please see https://twitter.com/TajinderBagga - He is running a campaign to buy crackers from outside Delhi and distribute it for free to slum children at Delhi. Request like minded people to contribute a token amount to 9818737573@upi
thx for the info. did my bit.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:01 am

Decisions that PM and Ministers take is taken by BJP-workers and many of them are also RSS-workers
Proof = BJP has inner party democracy
Proof that BJP has inner party democracy --- Amitbhai Shah's own statement
-----
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-on ... ah-2518716
Only BJP allows inner-party democracy, says Amit Shah
Jul 31, 2017
Launching a scathing attack on the Congress, Shah said that parties who are done away with internal democracy will be reduced to rubble. BJP President Amit Shah on Sunday claimed that his party was the only one in the country to allow inner-party democracy. He also slammed other parties, including the Congress, Samajwadi Party and the BSP. "There are over 1,600 registered parties in the country. But other than for the BJP, none of them have internal democracy," he said.
-----------------------------
And if a party has inner party democracy, the workers are responsible for actions of leaders.
And silence from rank and file of RSS-workers on a separate but related issue of Jallikatju also show which side they are on. Did Mohona Bhagwat publicly asked PM to print money bill to cancel SCjs' Jallikatju ban. NO !! How many RSS-workers sent signed letters to PM asking to print money bill cancel ban on Jallikatju? ZERO. And this is despite the FACT that BJP has full inner party democracy and hence BJP has full freedom of speech inside Party.
===============
Tejinder Bagga, to the best of my information, has NOT demanded any money bill or Ordinance to cancel the ban. yes, many of us have asked people on FB / twitter to buy twice the firecrackers from Haryana / UP. But at the same time, it wont be possible for 90% Delhities to travel that far. And giving firecrackers free at large scale requires storing firecrackers at large scale which again needs license.
===-====
Central Pollution COntrol Board, a central Govt Body which comes Shri Modiji (Board Chairmen are appointed after approval of Dept of Personnel , which comes under Modiji) and also DrHV, had in Supreme Court SUPPORTED ban on firecrackers. Modiji's supporters want to create a picture that "see only SCjs are behind this anti-Hindu decision, and Shri Modiji is fully with Hindus , Hinduism and Hindu rituals and Hindu traditions". Somehow, that pix doesnt loook very logical to me.
And may be, as always, there is some Chunkian (Chunki as in Chunki Pandey?) factors which need IQ of 2000 to appreciate. My IQ is 107. And so I wont understand.
----------------
A large number of UP and Haryana firecacrker retailers used to come to Delhi to buy firecrackers. Delhi had largest wholesale market. It will be difficult for people to create a new marketplace with same efficiency at such short notice. So costs in UP / Haryana too will rise, So firecracker sales will now also reduce Haryana / UP. Many people may exit this manufacturing / sale business for good. And this will only help Chinese imports
Last edited by MehtaRahulC on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 am

Chandrasekaran wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:42 am
At least someone in bjp is showing balls by not supporting his own government's GreenDiwali SwasthDiwali campaign.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 am

Indrad wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:17 pm
This is evident from social media today ^
There is sense of gloom and despair even amongst the hard core supporters of BJP. They are slowly realising BJP is a clueless party masquerading as nationalist.. And Hindus were cursing Modi while NDTV< Choonawalas etal were laughing to their heart content teasing Hindus with 'think of future' . Slowly it is sinking in that we need a RW alternative of BJP.
Unfortunately supporters of Modi are caught between devil and the deep sea. It would be wrong to assume their support is granted
If BJP doesn't support Hindu interests and only parrots "vikas, vikas, vikas," then a space will emerge for a truly nationalist Hindu party which will brazenly protect Hindu interests without seeking certificates of good behaviour from anti-Hindu elements, judges, academics, NGOs, media, etc. BJP is failing Hindus

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 am

I am appalled by the feeling that I have to agree with Karan Thapad and disagree with BJP over hindu festival issue!!! I never thought I will see this day.

A Court-Mandated Diwali
Its decision to re-impose a ban on the sale of firecrackers in Delhi and surrounding towns till November 1 is extreme, unjustified and, perhaps, inadequately thought through. Worse, it will offend tens of millions and pit them against this decision.
This raises the moral question: Is the court right to experiment with Diwali?
For me, this is unwarranted and, even, arguably immoral. First, it will make Diwali joyless for tens of millions. For them it’s the most important religious festival and this is, consequently, not just cruel but irreligious. Second, it overturns generations, if not centuries, of tradition. Crackers on Diwali are as customary as the tree at Christmas or seviyan at Eid
Instead, the court opted for a ban. So, hereafter, will it stop the sale of mithai because kids overeat and that’s not good for them? Will it stop alcohol on New Year’s Eve because people drink too much and that’s bad for them? When courts act as moral authorities it could be the thin end of a very damaging wedge.

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:43 am
ArjunPandit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 am
Sorry but I have to say, not everything is chanikian.

Plain stupidity by BJP. What is surprising is modi/shah not realising that his core voter base is slipping away each day.
To where Congress? As much I may dislike modi for not doing anything so far, I would not go to cimalsi appeasers

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:42 am

Let this Diwali be pollution free; “Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali” campaign launched

And here is another catch
In addition to that, in October India will be hosting FIFA U-17 World Cup. Hence authority wants to ensure that there is no inconvenience caused by the conduct of the event. This is a matter of India’s pride.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:45 am

ArjunPandit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 am
To where Congress? As much I may dislike modi for not doing anything so far, I would not go to cimalsi appeasers
If there is no difference then it doesn't matter. This fear of 'congress coming to power' making bjp arrogant.

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:56 am

Are you saying there is "no difference" between the party of Saffron Terrorism/Communal Violence Bill/ 'Muslims have 1st Rights on Resources'/EJ NGOs vs. the party whose environment minister supported a SC-proposed ban on crackers in Delhi during Diwali?

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 am

what has changed positively so far? if there is no change then whats the difference?

if we have to cry out loud on every issue before the action is taken and bjp doesnt seem to leading in front then whats the point having them in center?

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:01 am

ArjunPandit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 am
Again, it's not black or white.

Believe it or not most people aren't die hard voters (yes there is a chunk who are but they are a minority). Most would vote depending on their perception of who would serve THEIR interests and not based on the larger interests of the country/Hinduism. This is why election after election the likes of lalu, JJ, mayawati etc came to power. A few bottles of booze, cycles, TVs and some saris is enough

Secondly, a previously BJP voter may not vote congress but will just not bother going to vote. This is what happened in 2004. If voting for BJP doesn't protect my interests why bother voting?

Let's be honest, beyond modi and a few others, BJP isn't much better than congress. They are also bribe takers, apathetic to people etc.. maybe a degree better than congis but not game changers.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 am

Rudradev wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:56 am
the party whose environment minister supported a SC-proposed ban on crackers in Delhi during Diwali?
SC had revoked the ban. It seems at least on the face value that env ministry encouraged them to reconsider and reimpose the ban. There is a difference between reluctant support and being part of decision making.