The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Shyamal » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Bhai - aapke mun me ghee sakkar.
(May your words come true brother).

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:26 pm

In the last 20 years, no State govt has ever lost an election if they have delivered a State GDP growth higher than the national average.
The only exception has been if it has been an unstable coalition (Bihar).
Gujarat has not only delivered a higher GDP than the national average, but since 2002 the gap between its per capita GDP and India's has been
increasing at an increasing rate. It is about the economy.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Despite the many threads on media where all their tricks are exposed and completely discredited...

it still is quite telling the amount of hype and FUD they can create that filters through and people come asking "comfort me comfort me..."

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:16 pm

abhijit wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:16 pm
Apparently in the entire world only gujratis are confident of bjp's victory in gujrat.
Of course they would be. They're Kommunal onlee. If only they had the high ishtandard sekular ejucashun and broad mind of Nidhi et al, Gujarat wouldn't be the pathetic dump of sub-Saharan Human Development Indices it is today :roll: .

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Passing along some promotional material from BJP IT cell but the thing to note below is this - highest % at 80% of NM fans are from the navbharat times catchmanet area - i.e., from the Hindi heartland. Jai ho.

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:33 pm

^Apart from gujrat, its very clear that low percentage of Hindus results in lower votes for BJP. Look at Kerala and AP/Telenagana. In Kerala almost no non-Hindu is voting for BJP/Modi (It has ~50% Hindus) and then some Hindus also arent, so the total vote for Modi is only 39%. For Telugu people, the massive Christian conversion racket is showing results, with Modi and Rahul equal.
And to think that this is asking for Modi and Rahul. If it was asking for BJP and if Rahul was more competent, this could've gone in reverse! Even Gujrat is worrying! We have a long way to go in securing Indian (and especially Hindu) interests and we dont have time.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Dear BJP guys here, can anyone explain this:
ashish shelar‏Verified account @ShelarAshish
Follow Follow @ShelarAshish
More
All r welcome ! Pls join !

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 pm

interpol has apparently turned off notice against Zakir Naik, his spokesperson said, citing biased approach of Modi govt.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Karthik wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm
^^^
I am just a guy, not a BJP guy! But I'd suggest we keep things in perspective. This country is also home to those belonging to the Christian faith and we as a nation cannot begrudge Christian's celebrating Christmas. And if BJP wants to see themselves supportive of such multi-faith/multi-culturalism, I think that is only good.

I do realize that there is a rampant problem of proselytization that is threatening to the dharmics but that has to be dealt with differently and not by condemning everything Christian. My 2 cents!

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Dumal wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 pm
Karthik wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm
^^^
I am just a guy, not a BJP guy! But I'd suggest we keep things in perspective. This country is also home to those belonging to the Christian faith and we as a nation cannot begrudge Christian's celebrating Christmas. And if BJP wants to see themselves supportive of such multi-faith/multi-culturalism, I think that is only good.

I do realize that there is a rampant problem of proselytization that is threatening to the dharmics but that has to be dealt with differently and not by condemning everything Christian. My 2 cents!
You must have been living under a big rock all this while if you think above program is just X celebrating X'mas. Look up few tweets regarding this now you'll realize what above program and it's performer is about.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm

there is no doubt Mrs Amruta Fadnavis is surveying rivers, reservoirs..no idea in what capacity and giving feedback to CM. This should not be allowed. If she wants to practice a particular faith she is welcome..what seems to be perceived problem is that she didn't do any charity on Diwali, Ganesh Puja or made a mention of it apparently on twitter but she is all out supporting charity on Christmas, making tweets about it.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:03 pm

To be frank, we can't do a thing if all BJP turns out to be anti hindu.

Please keep this space pleasant guys. Page after page people crying like small kids at sweet shop. Some good things must have happened in our country. We can talk about it. Not this BJP betraying Hindus all day.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:08 pm
Passing along some promotional material from BJP IT cell but the thing to note below is this - highest % at 80% of NM fans are from the navbharat times catchmanet area - i.e., from the Hindi heartland. Jai ho.

note ei samay, TOI's bangla offering. 33% for RaGa is easy to understand given almost 30% muslim population. Modi at 58% :D
no prices for guessing which 'other' got 9%.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:16 pm

== Mod Note ==

please make your points without being overtly aggressive. consider this an unofficial warning.
this applies to all.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Shyamal wrote:Teesta Shetalvad gets light slap from Supreme court. SC dismisses her petition to unfreeze her accounts.
Looks like Teesta is even forgotten by the "secular, liberal and progressive" crowd and now forced to fend for herself. I did see the media reports about SC giving her a fresh doze, but not usual level of support which such characters seems to be missing now.
Karthik wrote:Dear BJP guys here, can anyone explain this:
Not a BJP chap. But, looks like the local BJP leaders find it beneficial to support this event rather than just throwing Hindutwa all around, and terrorising every non-Hindu they seen on the road. Every politician in the business would truly value every vote he/she is going to get. Antagonising people is the easiest thing to do. Why did Ra.Ga over-night became a Janyu-dhari Brahmana? He thought it would help him. I think it would be better to stop dreaming of the day when BJP becomes a VHP or Hindu Maha Sabha. They may be the best bet Hindus have today, but expecting them to be extreme right wingers like the Ku Klux Klan may not happen.
Dumal wrote:I do realize that there is a rampant problem of proselytization that is threatening to the dharmics but that has to be dealt with differently and not by condemning everything Christian. My 2 cents!
+1. And if proselytization is the problem, then people who are against it should identify the root cause for the same and then start taking counter measures as well. Every thing just cannot be left to the GoI of the day. Was'nt it Ajit Doval who said that there are the problems associated with Islamic terrorism as well as Evan-jehadism and that no one can just wish away the people of that faith who are living in India for ages.
IndraD wrote:If she wants to practice a particular faith she is welcome..what seems to be perceived problem is that she didn't do any charity on Diwali, Ganesh Puja or made a mention of it apparently on twitter but she is all out supporting charity on Christmas, making tweets about it.
+1 to that as well :). Mr & Mrs Fadnavis can be (and should be) questioned for their duplicitous stand. But their stance cannot be taken as a reason as to deny some one from celebrating the festival all together. The BJP does seem to be quite close to many X'ian sects in Kerala; especially the ones which are really Indic. Their ancestray goes all the way to Greek Orthodox X'ianity etc.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:22 pm
Karthik wrote:Dear BJP guys here, can anyone explain this:
Not a BJP chap. But, looks like the local BJP leaders find it beneficial to support this event rather than just throwing Hindutwa all around, and terrorising every non-Hindu they seen on the road. Every politician in the business would truly value every vote he/she is going to get. Antagonising people is the easiest thing to do. Why did Ra.Ga over-night became a Janyu-dhari Brahmana? He thought it would help him. I think it would be better to stop dreaming of the day when BJP becomes a VHP or Hindu Maha Sabha. They may be the best bet Hindus have today, but expecting them to be extreme right wingers like the Ku Klux Klan may not happen.
So not supporting and just keeping quite this BJP guy would have antagonizing people is it? So things have come to this in India that BJP guys can't just keep their mouth shut and should sponsor and market EJ activities or people will get antagonized. Good logic Sachin. What next?? BJP guys should help gazwa-e-hind, (looks like there are people who'd do that too in BJP). What RG got by becoming a token janeu dhari hindu? BJP will get the same as well. I don't care what BJP becomes or is, it's ruling govt' raj dharma to protect Indic civilization and way of life, that's one of the primary reasons why people voted for them in the first place. Assuaging, placating, promoting phoren funded EJs and religions doesn't come under Raj Dharma. You tell me, how'd people react if BJP govt promotes some hindu KKK, Hindu Maha Sabha overtly like this?? Will these seculars keep quite then?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:15 pm

NIA to submit fresh request to Interpol for red corner notice against Zakir Naik

Hours after Interpol refused to issue a red corner notice (RCN) against controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) said it will submit a fresh request for the same after completing requisite formalities, news agency ANI reported on Saturday.
Earlier today, a spokesperson for Naik had issued a statement saying: "Interpol has cancelled red corner notice on Dr Naik and instructed its worldwide offices to delete all data from files on him, have cited political and religious bias among other reasons."

The NIA then came out with a clarification, saying Interpol had not accepted the request to issue a Red Notice against the controversial Islamic preacher as the intelligence agency had not filed a chargesheet for Naik's arrest. The agency has already moved the NIA court for a chargesheet against Naik and will once again petition Interpol for a RCN.

The Interpol RCN against Naik would mean that he will be declared an international fugitive and could be arrested by any agency around the world.
Naik is accused of spreading hatred by his provocative speeches, funding terrorists and laundering several crores of money over the years.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... IIndiaNews

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Indrad wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm
there is no doubt Mrs Amruta Fadnavis is surveying rivers, reservoirs..no idea in what capacity and giving feedback to CM. This should not be allowed. If she wants to practice a particular faith she is welcome..what seems to be perceived problem is that she didn't do any charity on Diwali, Ganesh Puja or made a mention of it apparently on twitter but she is all out supporting charity on Christmas, making tweets about it.
I think its more to do with her getting lost in the glitz and glamour and the uber secularity of the new Mumbai upscale society she finds herself in. Shefali vaidya did go to town on twitter over this and to which, after initial 'love has no religion' platitudes, Mrs. Fadnavis did reply that she is a proud Hindu etc. She has lost her head in glamour, thats for sure. She wants to belong in the crowd (though I have a feeling that the same crowd is laughing at her behind her back) and hence all this. Not to say that this should be taken lightly. Many a right-wing stalwarts have fallen prey to this thought process.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Before Gujarat Results, BJP Lawmaker Predicts A Shocker For The Party

Fair warning!!! rNDTV link highlighted by Google chacha. Excerpt below:
Pune: As most exit poll surveys predicted the Bharatiya Janata Party to win the Gujarat Assembly polls, its Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Kakade has claimed that the party would not win enough seats to form the next government in the state.

"Forget absolute majority, the party will not even get enough number of seats to form the government. The Congress on the other hand will reach close to the majority mark," Mr Kakade claimed.
He pointed out that BJP leaders did not talk about development in any of the campaign rallies in the last phase.

"In the last a few rallies, there was no word on development by the party leaders. There was no mention of employment generation in Gujarat or about any major decision taken by the party during last three years. The rallies were aimed at targeting the Opposition and making an emotional appeal to voters," he said.
Anyone know this guy's story?

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:20 pm

SSundar wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:17 pm
Before Gujarat Results, BJP Lawmaker Predicts A Shocker For The Party

Fair warning!!! rNDTV link highlighted by Google chacha. Excerpt below:
Pune: As most exit poll surveys predicted the Bharatiya Janata Party to win the Gujarat Assembly polls, its Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Kakade has claimed that the party would not win enough seats to form the next government in the state.

"Forget absolute majority, the party will not even get enough number of seats to form the government. The Congress on the other hand will reach close to the majority mark," Mr Kakade claimed.
He pointed out that BJP leaders did not talk about development in any of the campaign rallies in the last phase.

"In the last a few rallies, there was no word on development by the party leaders. There was no mention of employment generation in Gujarat or about any major decision taken by the party during last three years. The rallies were aimed at targeting the Opposition and making an emotional appeal to voters," he said.
Anyone know this guy's story?
Was part of NCP. Then left and won independently. Then joined BJP. Also got some 3-4 big gundas inducted into the party. No need to say anything further.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 pm

RaGa's first speech as Mafia Head:
"Congress took India to 21st century, but the Prime Minister (Narendra Modi) is taking us backwards, to medieval times, where people are being butchered because of who they are, beaten for what they believe and killed for what they eat," Rahul Gandhi said, attacking PM Modi and the government in his first speech as Congress boss.
Spoken like a true European. Only Europe was killing and beheading in the medieval times. India was a truly glorious land with a thriving civilization. Hope someone in the BJP picks up this attack vector.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 am

Mean-e-while, Kureel says it like no other, as usual ...

P.S. Praise the lawd for Rahu baba. Scary to think of PIF prospects if someone with a half-decent IQ - say a Scindia Jr or Sachin Pilot - were to lead the C-system in his stead...

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 am

Karthik wrote:So not supporting and just keeping quite this BJP guy would have antagonizing people is it? So things have come to this in India that BJP guys can't just keep their mouth shut and should sponsor and market EJ activities or people will get antagonized.
People if they want to get into EJ stuff would go any ways. Why should a local politician antagonize people (and lose votes)? The extreme right wingers may just want every dirty work to be done by the BJP, but may not even bother to vote for it (and then come up with another set of demands).
I don't care what BJP becomes or is, it's ruling govt' raj dharma to protect Indic civilization and way of life, that's one of the primary reasons why people voted for them in the first place.
I understand that, this was your expectation. It may not be the expectation of every one else as well. The BJP may be the only pro-majority religion party in India at present, but expecting them to work on becoming this country only for the majority religion people may not be a practical idea (for them). The BJP has done its bit by banning dubious NGOs, curtailing foreign funding, and chasing out folks like Zakir Naik et.al.
You tell me, how'd people react if BJP govt promotes some hindu KKK, Hindu Maha Sabha overtly like this?? Will these seculars keep quite then?
The "seculars" are already up in arms shouting that BJP are "commyoonal fascists" etc. So nothing can become more worse than this.
kittoo wrote:I think its more to do with her getting lost in the glitz and glamour and the uber secularity of the new Mumbai upscale society she finds herself in. ....
She has lost her head in glamour, thats for sure. She wants to belong in the crowd (though I have a feeling that the same crowd is laughing at her behind her back) and hence all this.
Exactly. Let me tell you the biggest attention craving people are this artiste crowd. They also tend to have real big egos. Placate them, boost their egos; they would be even willing to sell the entire country. Take for example the singer T.M Krishna? Who was he, and what is his credential in politics? Nothing. Chap gets the "MegaSusu" award, and then he has become an expert in everything under the sun. And now would do any thing the award committee asks him to do. In Kerala, the behaviour of the artiste/writer crowd has become so obvious that, people have started accurately predicting who is going to get the next state government award, or is publishing a new book. Mrs. Fadnavis is soon going to become a liability for Mr. Fadnavis as well as BJP.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 am

Sachin wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 am
Karthik wrote:So not supporting and just keeping quite this BJP guy would have antagonizing people is it? So things have come to this in India that BJP guys can't just keep their mouth shut and should sponsor and market EJ activities or people will get antagonized.
People if they want to get into EJ stuff would go any ways. Why should a local politician antagonize people (and lose votes)? The extreme right wingers may just want every dirty work to be done by the BJP, but may not even bother to vote for it (and then come up with another set of demands).
Again see the logic, just because some BJP didn't market and promote such an event, you think the people will research who is the local BJP guy and not vote for him because he didn't market the event? BTW, lose votes? Will he lose MORE votes by marketing it or by not marketing it? How it affected overall BJP's brand image, especially at the backdrop of what happened with MRS first lady few days back. If you say it's all poll strategy it looks extremely stupid. BTW you really think X will vote for BJP just because of this promotion by a BJP guy, come on.
I don't care what BJP becomes or is, it's ruling govt' raj dharma to protect Indic civilization and way of life, that's one of the primary reasons why people voted for them in the first place.
I understand that, this was your expectation. It may not be the expectation of every one else as well. The BJP may be the only pro-majority religion party in India at present, but expecting them to work on becoming this country only for the majority religion people may not be a practical idea (for them). The BJP has done its bit by banning dubious NGOs, curtailing foreign funding, and chasing out folks like Zakir Naik et.al.
"Your expection" ? If you are on twitter, you look at replies to the tweets to this guys and first lady's tweets, you'd know what's the expectation of people. Talking of statistics, take random sample size from the replies and you can analyze if people concur are OK with what's going on here.

Bottom line you are saying that "This is how things are and will be, there's nothing we can do about it". I am saying it need not be, people who are doing all these from their place of position are at our mercy so to speak.