The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Trilobite
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Trilobite » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Adani ‘biggest NPA trapeze artiste’, says Subramanian Swamy;
BJP MP Subramanian Swamy on Tuesday called industrialist Gautam Adani the “biggest NPA (Non-Performing Asset) trapeze artiste in PSUs.” Targeting Adani who believed to be close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Swamy on Twitter wrote, “The biggest NPA trapeze artiste in PSUs is Gautam Adani. It is time he is made accountable or a PIL is inevitable.”

Referring to his tweet, Swamy also added that an investigation should be conducted against Adani as he is believed to have Rs 72,000 crore in NPA. “I tweeted that he (Gautam Adani) seems to be like a trapeze artiste. Information came to me that he may be having as much as Rs 72,000 (crores) in NPA. This will be clear only after investigation. That’s why I raised this question,” Swamy said, reported news agency ANI.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:18 pm

Yes keep crawling lower and lower like the weird insect you are.
Trilobite wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Lilo wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm
{commie weird insect Trilobite, read this and try to get educated. There is no "coking coal mine" or "non coking coal mine" every mine has some degree of availability of coking coal your stupid assertion that CIL will never give up mines with "coking coal" was simply bullshit}
Yes Lulli, there is coking coal mine and there is non coking coal mine. Look at these GOI ACTS of 1972 and 1973 of nationalization of coal mines. The 1972 nationalization act is exclusively for coking coal mines, and the 1973 for the rest.

COKING COAL MINES(NATIONALISATION) ACT, 1972

THE COAL MINES NaTIONALISATION ACT, 1973
Pappu i dont care about some Indian Babu's categorization of what constitutes a coking or a non coking mine from the Kala patthar eastman color 70s. I was making a logical argument where i was saying that CIL stipped off much of its mines of higher grade coal which it can non hazardously mine using its inefficient planning and technology. Now it is left with a bunch of legacy mines which are still so called "coking mines" on paper but CIL can produce zilch from them . Hence i posted the latest news from 2015(same year CIL contributed to the biggest ever hole of 16 billion USD to indian economy) where CIL went begging to private players for a JV or a "partnership" because it didnt have the technology to work those mines.If CIL cant mine shit from these "coking coal" mines on paper then why the hell does CIL has the monopoly on coal mining ?
But you can mix all the peat, lignite, anthracite, and non coking bituminous coal all day or till cows come home but you are not going to get any coking coal out of that.

Can you grasp this concept? It is not rocket science, it is mining!
A cretin commie aaptard is a cretin commie aaptard rattling off lines from 8 th class text book ....
What happened to my question on CIL's abandoned mines due to hazards like methane and caving and water flooding... turned tail on it have you?.
Anyway when did peat or bog or gobar began to come under the category of Coal pappu ?And when did i ever say that gobar can be blended into coking coal hain ?Dont put up strawmen pappu.
Go back and read up your 8th class text from where you rattled off the Lignite - Bitumionus -Antracite classification from.
Anyway again read the original quote of mine below on blending of higher and lower grade coals and on which you began with your nonsense of non-blendability.
Pappu Coal seams occur in different grades stripping of higher grade seams by inefficient orgs like CIL has left only lower grade seams and hazardous seams in legacy mines it also led to quicker abandonment of mines. Coking coal is made by mixing high grade ore with low in a certain proportion. This capacity to extract higher grade ore left over is possessed by Private companies....
Now read your own below summary from the link i posted explaining blending of Coal for coking.
As far as the pamphlet you posted, I don't think you understand what is being said there, so let me summarise that for you. In summary it is saying that for desired coke property you can blend a coking coal of higher caking index with a coking coal of lower caking index to get the desired caking index for the desired coke property.
How can coking property be acheived from low grade coal only when all the high grade coal had been stripped off?. and coke is obtained by blending high grade coal with low grade coal...all of this posing on coking coal when i made the previous statement is your own strawmen.

Anyway as every one here has seen repeatedly, you will crawl anywhere to avoid the core question of the worth of a CIL monopoly which is grossly inept ,inefficient devoid of technological capacity and burning 16 Billion USD gaping hole in India's economy every year ?
As a cretin aaptard you seem to retain the shamelessly slippery weird insect like behavior avoiding above question super diligently in the last few lengthy posts on this matter.
Why i wonder ? A cat got your creepy crawly tongue?
If you cant address above question then turn tail and just crawl away like a weird commie insect Trilobite you are.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 pm

SSundar wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:38 pm
I think this is the mother of all quotes about BJP:
For Hindu voters, it makes no sense to vote for a party that does not claim to fight their causes, when the BJP claims to do so. It does not matter whether the BJP is actually fighting for Hindu interests – it probably is not doing anything more than paying lip-service to Hindu issues – but in politics what matters is perception. The “secular” parties have done such a great job of demonising the BJP, that it will be considered a party of Hindutva even if it is busy wooing the Muslim vote just like the Congress. When it comes to voting for a party that does not claim to represent Hindus and one that claims so, over time it is the latter that will gain.
The Tripura Vote Will Impact Bengal And The Last Left Bastion Of Kerala

RaGa's handlers seem to have woken up to this reality and hence all the soft Hindutva stances.
Actually too much bullshit in the farticle. Notice the wordings of few quotes below.
The really significant verdict is that of Tripura, where the BJP’s thumping victory will have a wider impact. But even here, the impact will not be national, but limited.{note the blatant spin against the reality where collapse of left citadel in Tripura is still sending shockwaves in left concentrations in Kerala,buddhijeebis in WB Jadavpur and JNU , infact every humanities department of every academic institution,media,film etc}
First, for the first time ever, a right-wing Hindu party{note how he quaintly labels BJP a "Hindu party" not a Hindutva party a label for which it has more claim than any other party in India...actually nobody else comes near} humbled a well-entrenched Leftist Chief Minister, Manik Sarkar, a man who had every reason to believe that he had done well for the state......
Second, again for the first time ever, a Hindu party like the BJP is making inroads with Bengali voters {Note how he subtly plays up the Bengali ethnic card and supposed Bengali antipathy to "Hindu party" like BJP.}– voters who have never in the past seemed too keen on the Sangh’s brand of Hindutva politics.
The two states that are most important in terms of the Hindu vote besides West Bengal are Assam and Tripura, and both are now with the BJP, with the underlying theme being Hindu vote consolidation. In Assam, the old{note how this fart highlights the supposed "old fault lines" between Bengalis and Assamese - considering the fact that all these differences have been created quite recently (post Independence}fault lines between Assamese and Bengalis have been slightly blurred, with the Sangh slowly converting this to a Hindu-Muslim demographic issue.{the fart seems quite bummed that Sangh managed to bring out this reality underlying the many decades of turmoil in Assam.Note how he presents the muslim demographic issue in assam as a subjective issue "manufactured" by the Sangh}
A key reason for the BJP’s victory is the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh’s (RSS) ability to mobilise people – in an effective counter to the Communist Party of India-Marxists’ (CPI-M) own ability to mobilise. The larger mobilisation won this time{yeah sure, RSS pracharaks have been have been laying down their lives in NE since previous century and this fart claims that "mobilisation" started since 2014.And supposedly "larger mobilisation" won }. Between 2014 and now RSS shakhas in Tripura have more than quadrupled.
In Tripura, where the ethnically-cleansed Bengalis of former East Pakistan sought refuge in Tripura and reduced the tribals to a minority in their own state, Manik Sarkar certainly deserves some credit for reducing the friction. The BJP, by taking over a substantial chunk of the tribal vote, and also the Bengali vote, will have to continue his good work, if needed by giving the tribal council an even greater share of powers. Its partnership with the Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT) was critical for bringing in the tribal vote, and the latter will surely press its demand for a separate state. At the very least, even greater powers to the tribal council is worth considering, given the sense of disempowerment tribals feel vis-a-vis the refugee inflows of 1947 and 1971.{note the condescending advice by this fart above when all RSS has been doing in NE since many decades is bridging the faultlines amongst indics and/or bringing in the peripheral ethnicities into the national mainstream}
This remained so as long as there was no Hindu party seeking the same vote. Post 2014, the BJP has staked its claim to this vote, and once the Hindu vote is split, it follows that the Left will lose. For Hindu voters, it makes no sense to vote for a party that does not claim to fight their causes, when the BJP claims to do so. It does not matter whether the BJP is actually fighting for Hindu interests – it probably is not doing anything more than paying lip-service to Hindu issues – but in politics what matters is perception. The “secular” parties have done such a great job of demonising the BJP, that it will be considered a party of Hindutva even if it is busy wooing the Muslim vote just like the Congress.{Who is paying lip service you fart ? All these swamytards claim as if they are the ones who mobilized Ram Janma Bhoomi movement,lit the Hindutva flame politically, died in the hundreds yet finished off Babri abomination.It is the Sangh and its Karsevaks which did this not some Swamytard posers like we see today predominating from the south} When it comes to voting for a party that does not claim to represent Hindus and one that claims so, over time it is the latter that will gain.
What Tripura has done is make the Left irrelevant, unless it changes course even more drastically and returns to defending its Hindu roots without being anti-minority.{notice the goddam conclusion this fart proposes to his farticle - twists reality itself as if left ever in its history of existence in India encouraged a Hindu identity to any of its Hindu followers.It always put down the Hindu and projected the "minority" subaltern identity}
I think in this farticle Jaggi has flipped to anti-Sangh BIF and is infact plying the swamytard line (originally tasked from Kanchi) that NaMo/RSS are not Hindutva but are merely "right wing" "Hindu" parties.
They want to stave off the impending RSS-BJP political challenge in states like Kerala,TN-AP and WB in the future by propping up MYTY "Hindutva" posing local parties.This is the anticipatory powerplay.

I think BIF is going to prop up these false flag revolutionary Hindutva poser parties and entities to hasten the end of the Hindutva revolution cycle started off by RSS/NaMo. Acknowledging that every revolutionary social cultural (political change is just a symptom) change has its period of growth exponential growth stabilization and ebb and the trailing off stage.BIF would be aiming to hasten the cycle to reach a post Hindutva phase as quickly as possible while PIF has to prolong it as long as possible.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:45 am

Here are my thoughts on NE election and its impact on 2019:

Tripura win is a significant victory in more ways than one. At emotional level, it hits so many notes that it is almost symphony. Here is a far away neverland,under the clutches of dragon for eons, flamed out in one swift fell. While Tripura does want development but more then that it wanted to breathe. The visuals of fall of Lenin in tripura signfies the catharsis of entire society and their innate urge to belong. Images of unvarnished emotions displayed on tv and cries of freedom will reverberate across the plains of India. Dimensions of Modi are many but one which comes upfront is that he slays. He slays monsters. This win will undoubtedly make Modi mystique almost mythical. And after 2019 win, India will have to make additions to the pantheon of gods. But more then that it will infuse BJP karyakarta with a sense of purpose in hiterto enemy lands with vigour, belief and hope. WB will be next domino to fall followed by Gods own country. Kannadigas need to hear this siren song of ancient Civilzation and play their part. Songs of Tripura will make them hear it clearly. When a certain 2/3 majority is achieved in both houses of parliament, expect the land of Kashyap as last domino to fall from clutches of dragon.

On political level, it signifies that BJP is the vehicle of choice for people''s aspiration. Tripura and NE as a whole being one of the most backward area of India is reposing faith in Modi and by extension to BJP. And this is after 4 years of being in Central Govt. This is remarkable in this age of 24x7 outrage. This win will also completely demoralize Congress and all other opposition. They false veneer behind their bravado in TV studios is easily discernible and result is the panic in UP and elsewhere. There is saying in vernacular hindi that "Jab Geedar ki maut aati hai to woh Shehar ki taraf bhagta hai'. SP and BSP coming together is nothing but living up to that maxim. Ground in Hindi heartland has shifted. And with Yogi at the helm, I dont see anything but an encore.

Crescendo of this symphony is still to come.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:04 am

Supratik wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm
Why the left is becoming irrelevant in India.

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/the-tr ... -of-kerala
Good analysis.

Biggest strength of left is street muscle power. Same for didi.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 am

A statue of Late Shri SP Mukherjee desecrated and blackened in Kolkata. This is beyond disgusting. Do the Bengalis even know what he did for them?

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 am

Looks like it is a very bad time to be a Lenin/Stalin statue in Tripura. Crows are losing one of their Swatch Bharath toilets in the process as well.
Lenin statues razed in Tripura, post-poll violence continues.

Mean while in TN, some one from the BJP has jumped the guns. Periyar statue vandalised in Tamil Nadu, 2 arrested . But unfortunately for the "seculars"; The duo have been arrested, the police said, adding that while Muthuraman was suspected to be a BJP worker, Francis is believed to be a CPI activist.[sic].

Situation in KA also does not seem to go well for for the "seculars". Last week a man was arrested after the police found good evidence on his involvement in the Gowri Lankesh murder. Based on his call records two more people have got arrested. Today the courts have released them both, as there is no evidence in their involvement at all. The police have given a "confession statement" of the accused to the court. Now that is useless, as no confession given to a police officer is considered to be great evidence. Has the police taken the route of Cr.PC 164 section to get the statement of the accused, in a closed court room? From the media reports, that has NOT happened. Looks like it is Siddu & Co's last ditch attempt to some how milk this murder for political gain.

Just made a quick trip to KL, and I landed up there the day after Tripura elections. Had met an old pal of mine (a Sanghie at heart, but now working for NGO Union as he is a KL Govt. staff). They had their meeting the on 3rd march (the counting day). He was saying that the morning sessions was really interesting; with each delegate being asked to raise points related to neo-liberalism, so that the commie leadership would formulate a strategy that evening, and discuss the plan the next day. By evening things changed drastically, with the commies now having to spend the evening to explain why the party got the drubbing in Tripura. The next day the delegates started openly asking on how CPI and CPI(M) can chart out plans against neo-liberalism when they cannot even save their sorry behinds in Tripura :lol:.
abhijit wrote:The moment someone complains about modi the argument is what is alternative. Here is the thing. There is no alternative and that makes the frustration even more because you cannot even tell modi that if he screws xyz then i am going to vote somebody else
Does that mean he should get a free ride on everything? some may say yes, but some will put their foot down and make him correct the course. As long as that works this is fine.
Putting the foot down in BGF is not going to make Modi (or even Pappu) change his course. They all plan their courses on the ground level intelligence they get from their own trusted workers on the ground. Just like the BJP spokesman who was confident of the win in Tripura, because he believed more of his Karyakartas on the ground, rather than some "secular" sitting in an A/C room. Yes we all complain time & again, but if that becomes a regular feature, then sooner or later some one else would ask the next question which is about the alternatives.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:19 am

Sachin, by putting foot down i did not mean BRG. I can't speak for others but I try to reach to concerned people to make the point. Whether they listen or not is a different story though. Least we can do as a voter in democracy.

You can be proud of and brag about Airavat but you still need Ankush to control. All in good intention.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 am

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 201343.cms

Sacred thread of 12 men cut by Secular people in Chennai

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:53 am

COLLECT PASSPORT DETAILS OF DEBTORS OWING OVER RS 50CR, FINMIN TELLS BANKS

COLLECT PASSPORT DETAILS OF DEBTORS OWING OVER RS 50CR, FINMIN TELLS BANKS

Wednesday, 07 March 2018|New Delhi

The Finance Ministry has directed State-owned banks to obtain passport details of all borrowers, who have taken loans in excess of Rs 50 crore, within 45 days with a view to preventing alleged fraudsters like Nirav Modi and Vijay Mallya from fleeing the country, sources said.

In case the borrower does not have a passport, the bank should obtain a certificate in the form of declaration that the person does not have the passport, sources said quoting the Finance Ministry’s advisory to banks. It further said the loan application form should be suitably modified to incorporate passport details of borrowers. Passport details will help banks to take timely action and inform the relevant authorities to prevent fraudsters from fleeing the country, sources said.

In absence of passport details, banks were hamstrung in taking timely action to prevent defaulters especially wilful one from fleeing the country. Several big defaulters like Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi, Vijay Mallya and Jatin Mehta have fled the country putting recovery mechanism in quandary. Last week, the Cabinet approved the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, though it was announced in the Budget for 2017-18, has been hastened after Nirav and his uncle Mehul Choksi allegedly defrauded State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) of Rs 12,700 crore and left the country and are refusing to cooperate with law enforcement agencies.

The Bill provides for confiscating all assets of absconding fraudsters and loan defaulters to recover dues in a bid to tighten noose around fugitives like diamond merchant Nirav and Mallya.

The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi also approved setting up of a National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) as an independent regulator for the auditors.

The proposed fugitive law aims to impound and sell assets of Nirav-type escapees with a view to quickly recover dues. It also will apply to defaulters who have an outstanding of Rs 100 crore or more and have escaped from the country.

As part of drive to clean the banking system, the Finance Ministry last week had directed public sector banks (PSBs) to probe all NPA accounts of over Rs 50 crore for possible fraud and accordingly report the cases to CBI.

“PSB MDs directed to detect bank frauds & consequential wilful default in time & refer cases to CBI. To examine all NPA accounts Rs 50Cr for possible fraud,” Financial Services Secretary had said in the tweet.

Besides, the Ministry had asked banks to monitor loans above Rs 250 crore and red flags whenever the original covenants of the loans are violated. This was spelt out as part of 6-point-reform measures announced for PSBs in January.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:59 am

Folks, here's an opportunity to do something to make a difference reg a core issue (Edu):
Sanjeev Sanyal Verified account @sanjeevsanyal 20h20 hours ago

Please provide you suggestions on how improve primary/secondary school syllabuses. See link below:

http://mhrd.gov.in/suggestions/
https://twitter.com/sanjeevsanyal/statu ... 2211724288

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:59 am
Folks, here's an opportunity to do something to make a difference reg a core issue (Edu):
Sanjeev Sanyal Verified account @sanjeevsanyal 20h20 hours ago

Please provide you suggestions on how improve primary/secondary school syllabuses. See link below:

http://mhrd.gov.in/suggestions/
https://twitter.com/sanjeevsanyal/statu ... 2211724288
Click Here button not working for me.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Working for me. Use Chrome if you're using some other browser.

Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Post by Shyamal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 am
A statue of Late Shri SP Mukherjee desecrated and blackened in Kolkata. This is beyond disgusting. Do the Bengalis even know what he did for them?
Its the best thing that could have happened.
1. A fringe ultra-left outfit with about 50 to 100 members and no existance outside Jadavpur university(kolkatas JNU) sent 5-6 boys to vandalize the statue.
2. they shouted some slogans and went about the job in a half hearted way.
3. the locals got enraged and locked them up in the park.
4. they started requesting to please open the gates to let them out.
5. the locals thoroughly abused them and later handed them over to the police.
6. The video of the whole act is uploaded in FB and everyone is having a good laugh over it.

That outfit(which is politically irrelevant) and by extension CPI(M) is now the butt of jokes again.

The statue is already being repaired.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm

video please!!

Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Post by Shyamal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 pm

watch :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhVvADIcUJU

The fun starts at 2.40. Before that its the antics of the idiots.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 pm

BJP has done poorly in RJ local body polls. Vasundhara needs to be removed. She is unpopular and BJP won assembly only on Modi wave.

Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Post by Shyamal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 pm

The shyamaprashad statue thing has become such a self goal that some CPI(M) are now suspecting that Radical(the naxal outfit that did the job) is in the pay of BJP. This has completely taken away the wind from there sail of "facsists are attacking lenin"
(I am not joking)

Social media has never been as much fun as since 3rd march.

Again - thanks to the braveheart population of Tripura.
For the first time I am getting a feeling that BJP may cross 30 % vote in case if a state election is called today. The tripura thing has been a far bigger effect on bengal that even UP victory.

Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Post by Shyamal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Supratik wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 pm
BJP has done poorly in RJ local body polls. Vasundhara needs to be removed. She is unpopular and BJP won assembly only on Modi wave.
RJ is most likely a lost cause. I just hope that cong just gets majority and not a 2/3rd majority.
I hope that BJP gets to keep MP and CH.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Shyamal wrote:That outfit(which is politically irrelevant) and by extension CPI(M) is now the butt of jokes again.
The statue is already being repaired.
Okay. So the statue of Shri. S.P Mukherjee is getting repaired, but that of Tovarish Lenin I don't think is getting refixed any time soon. And Tripura governor, BJP's Ram Madhav still appear to justify vandalism ;) :lol:.

But we must also remember one aspect. The "seculars" are also able to quickly turn the problem back on Hindutwavadis. Tovarish Lenin gets the same treatment he got in Russia, but then a BJP leader brought in Periyaar. Then some other group (may not even be from the Sangh) vandalised B.R Amedakar statues. But the last two cases was quickly dumped on Hindutwavadis.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:52 pm

TDP ministers resign.
TRS wants to form a third front.

I think the regional parties are scared of BJP. They are afraid long term it will eat into their base significantly.

CBN press conference (in Telugu).

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Lilo wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 pm
Actually too much bullshit in the farticle. Notice the wordings of few quotes below.

I think BIF is going to prop up these false flag revolutionary Hindutva poser parties and entities to hasten the end of the Hindutva revolution cycle started off by RSS/NaMo. Acknowledging that every revolutionary social cultural (political change is just a symptom) change has its period of growth exponential growth stabilization and ebb and the trailing off stage.BIF would be aiming to hasten the cycle to reach a post Hindutva phase as quickly as possible while PIF has to prolong it as long as possible.
+116 to your post, sirji.

Posters here don't think about any consequences. They want mass riots on even day and Uber Vedic school on odd day. It needs life time of commitment to achieve even single thing from their list of demands. But here these guys want it to be done by next day.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:34 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:52 pm
TDP ministers resign.
TRS wants to form a third front.

I think the regional parties are scared of BJP. They are afraid long term it will eat into their base significantly.

CBN press conference (in Telugu).
CBN doesn't have the conviction of the old. Looks like he doesn't believe he will get anything out of this drama.

He says equal treatment for all states but demands special status. :?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:57 pm

You got to give it to Namo. He is stubborn as a mule. He is risking reelection by pissing off two key allies worth some 40 MP seats or more for NDA, shiv sena and TDP. Wonder what his calculations are.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Sachin wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:11 pm
But we must also remember one aspect. The "seculars" are also able to quickly turn the problem back on Hindutwavadis. Tovarish Lenin gets the same treatment he got in Russia, but then a BJP leader brought in Periyaar. Then some other group (may not even be from the Sangh) vandalised B.R Amedakar statues. But the last two cases was quickly dumped on Hindutwavadis.
The TN Periyaar thing seems like a setup to me with the involvement of the RoL CPI dude. I suspect he got the BJP guy drunk and got him to do the deed. What was unexpected is that the police rounded him up as well. Remember NDTV and CNN News18 were the ones to break that story first.