The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Aditya
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Aditya » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:49 am

It is really sad that farmers are going to used by khalistanis. May be on 26th January these guys will turn this protest into violence. They are fully prepared for that Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Aadhar linked with Phone number will be used for coronavirus Vaccine and reminder

Kagaz to Chaiye
:mrgreen:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:24 pm

xi jinping will have cause to remember trumpwa for a very long time.

this is a major and a most unexpected blow that will cause the hans to squeal like a stuck pig :mrgreen:

other countries will also take their cue from this

Outgoing Trump Administration gives Biggest Jolt to China by removing decades long acceptance to 'One-China' Status quo . US Sec Pompeo Orders lifting of all self-imposed restrictions with Taiwan by US Govt giving it Free Country status

Lifting Self-Imposed Restrictions on the U.S.-Taiwan Relationship

Lifting Self-Imposed Restrictions on the U.S.-Taiwan Relationship

PRESS STATEMENT

MICHAEL R. POMPEO, SECRETARY OF STATE

JANUARY 9, 2021

Taiwan is a vibrant democracy and reliable partner of the United States, and yet for several decades the State Department has created complex internal restrictions to regulate our diplomats, service members, and other officials’ interactions with their Taiwanese counterparts. The United States government took these actions unilaterally, in an attempt to appease the Communist regime in Beijing. No more.

Today I am announcing that I am lifting all of these self-imposed restrictions. Executive branch agencies should consider all “contact guidelines” regarding relations with Taiwan previously issued by the Department of State under authorities delegated to the Secretary of State to be null and void.

Additionally, any and all sections of the Foreign Affairs Manual or Foreign Affairs Handbook that convey authorities or otherwise purport to regulate executive branch engagement with Taiwan via any entity other than the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) are also hereby voided. The executive branch‘s relations with Taiwan are to be handled by the non-profit AIT, as stipulated in the Taiwan Relations Act.

The United States government maintains relationships with unofficial partners around the world, and Taiwan is no exception. Our two democracies share common values of individual freedom, the rule of law, and a respect for human dignity. Today’s statement recognizes that the U.S.-Taiwan relationship need not, and should not, be shackled by self-imposed restrictions of our permanent bureaucracy

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Did you know PM Manmohan Singh cannot read Hindi? All his speeches were written in Urdu and his first TV speech needed three days of practice.

Things you did not know about Manmohan Singh

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Some of the changes that Modi has brought about in empowering the poor is unimaginable and really out of this world.

Yes, there is still a long way to go but at least the journey has begun.

In Janpath traffic light, comes a transgender asking 4 alms. I tell her I got only cards, no money. She winks at me, smiles & asks to Paytm/PhonePe with a "digital bano didi, Modi ko nahi suna" I couldn't but smile ear 2 ear.

PM Modi's #DigitalIndia is really transformative.

10:37 PM · Jan 11, 2021·
via@Priya_PRS

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:51 am

It takes a very small country with big brown hairy testimonials to skewer the tech giants.

Every woke commie, naxal and liberandu should know that's how easy it is to teach these white supremacist bigots and racists like jack on crack and fu(kerberg an unforgettable lesson.

will jack on crack and fu(kerberg now hire mercenaries with guns to take on the govt of uganda for having the temerity to stand up to them :mrgreen:

@KagutaMuseveni : Uganda is ours, it's not anybody's pic.twitter.com/7QQYjku4Ke

— Government of Uganda (@GovUganda) January 12, 2021

Ahead of the Ugandan election, we’re hearing reports that Internet service providers are being ordered to block social media and messaging apps.

We strongly condemn internet shutdowns – they are hugely harmful, violate basic human rights and the principles of the #OpenInternet.

— Twitter Public Policy (@Policy) January 12, 2021

Uganda bans Twitter and Facebook over election interference allegations, Twitter cries ‘Human Rights’ violation

Uganda bans Twitter and Facebook over election interference allegations, Twitter cries ‘Human Rights’ violation

Amidst the ongoing interference in the elections by the big-techs companies such as Twitter and Facebook, the Ugandan officials had ordered internet service providers to shut down social media and messaging applications on Tuesday. The move comes two days ahead of the country's presidential election.

13 January, 2021
OpIndia Staff

Twitter, which has been facing a massive backlash across the world for stifling the freedom of speech by banning the sitting President of the United States Donald Trump over ideological issues, on Tuesday ironically posted a tweet condemning the Ugandan authorities blocking social media apps in the run-up to an election in the African country.

According to the reports, the Uganda government on Tuesday through the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) has ordered internet service providers to block access to social media applications and websites. It was reported that Twitter and Facebook were trying to interfere in the elections by blocking certain pro-government voices.

@KagutaMuseveni : Uganda is ours, it's not anybody's pic.twitter.com/7QQYjku4Ke

— Government of Uganda (@GovUganda) January 12, 2021

Amidst the ongoing interference in the elections by the big-techs companies such as Twitter and Facebook, the Ugandan officials had ordered internet service providers to shut down social media and messaging applications on Tuesday. The move comes two days ahead of the country’s presidential election. The sitting president of Uganda, Yoweri Museveni is facing a contest against opposition frontrunner and popular singer Bobi Wine.

Twitter, Facebook accused of election interference in Uganda
The decision to ban social media companies comes as retaliation after Facebook had arbitrarily deleted some government-linked accounts.

Facebook claimed that it removed the accounts for seeking to manipulate public debate ahead of the election, adding that they were tied to the Ministry for Information and Technology. Uganda struck back at Facebook and Twitter by banning them from the internet after they started censoring Uganda officials ahead of the elections.

Following the decision to ban to social media apps, the President of Uganda Yoweri K Museveni said, “these platforms should be used equitably, if you want to take any parts, then you can’t operate in Uganda, because Uganda is our country, we can’t accept them to decide who is good and who is bad.”

“I apologize that the Government of Uganda has closed Facebook in Uganda, this is very unfortunate but inevitable. If they are to operate here, they have to be equitable,” President Museveni added.

Taking to Twitter, the Ugandan government said, “We demand that Facebook & Twitter write directly to the individuals that lost their accounts. Since Facebook cited MoICT of Uganda in their statement, let them write to us so that there’s a chance for a fair hearing. Accounts lost on Facebook belong to the Government of Uganda employees.

Twitter outrages over ban, claims violated ‘human rights’
Following the temporary ban on social media apps in Uganda, Twitter ‘tweeted’ to condemn the Ugandan government’s action to stop tech giants interference in the elections.

Just days after arbitrarily banning US President Donald Trump, after months of stopping posts about alleged election fraud in the US, and literally carrying out a witch hunt against the outgoing US President to favour his opponent, Twitter flaunted its hypocrisy by claiming that ban on social media apps was nothing but ‘censoring speech’ and basic ‘human rights’ in an election.

The under-fire micro-blogging site posted a tweet saying, “Ahead of the Ugandan election, we’re hearing reports that internet service providers are being ordered to block social media and messaging apps. We strongly condemn internet shutdowns- they are hugely harmful and violate basic human rights and the principles of #openinternet.”

Ahead of the Ugandan election, we’re hearing reports that Internet service providers are being ordered to block social media and messaging apps.

We strongly condemn internet shutdowns – they are hugely harmful, violate basic human rights and the principles of the #OpenInternet.

— Twitter Public Policy (@Policy) January 12, 2021

Twitter also said that earlier this week in close coordination with their peers, they had suspended a number of accounts targeting the election in Uganda. If we can attribute any of this activity to state-backed actors, we will disclose to our archive of information operations, it added.

“Access to information and freedom of expression, including the public conversation on Twitter, is never more important than during democratic processes, particularly elections,” Twitter claimed in a tweet exposing its own hypocrisy over the issue of free speech on the internet.

Big-techs election interference in US Presidential elections and banning of POTUS Trump

Allegations of election interference by Big-tech became a huge issue in the run-up to the US Presidential elections last year after social media giants such as Facebook, Twitter along with Google began to censor and manipulate the accounts linked to conservatives and Republican party supporters, thus giving an unfair advantage for the radical left and Democrats to further their propaganda in the US elections.

Addition to that, Big Tech such as Facebook, Google and Twitter have made it very clear that they have Democrat-leaning bias and they work towards unjustly silencing Republican voices on their platforms.

After censuring his content, Twitter and Facebook also took an extreme step of banning the sitting President of United States – Donald Trump from its platforms citing that he had incited violence ahead of the Capitol Hill protests that erupted in Washington DC.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:36 pm

Matlab kuch bhi likh do, kuch bhi :mrgreen:

the writer is a woke Indian..............

via amrit dhillon@amritdylan

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 am

Happy Makar Sankranti to everyone.

take your pick, state or region wise, as applicable

That's Incredible India 8)

via @Swamy39 who says that it was sent to him by Professor Phirmi Bodo who is a VHS office bearer

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Read it again & again & again :mrgreen:

News18@CNNnews18
Trump, who has been stripped of his social media megaphones by Twitter and Facebook, is struggling to impose his message - let alone any kind of resistance.

In a close election partisan tech giants played decisive role in tilting the balance

Do we need more proofs?

In Indian context, when it's 303:52 that may not be worrisome.

But when it gets closer, it will matter.

And in life all days are not sunny days

via@iMac_too

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:20 pm

Muns, Chetak, Saurab et. al, do any of you guys know the antecedents of this guy P. Sainath who seems to hate ModiJi and BJP with passion. He was on Turdesai show even declaring that the 3 farm laws are unconstitutional, something that even the most hardline farmer protestors have not. Is he part of a BIF gang, because now I see BIF stalwarts like Saba Naqi tweet his interview to all their fellow BIF cohorts. Also, the slime ball drags in Sikhs in the military and demagogues that ModiJi is playing with fire. These guys are itching for a confrontation. The best course of action is for govt to stay on path, flat out refuse to repeal the law, but amenable to clause by clause discussion and making reasonable adjustments. This dadagiri by so called farmers cannot be allowed to succeed.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 am

Hi CRamS garu,

I did a quick Google search as of never really heard of him before. Seems like he is come out of the most illustrious institution of JNU. He also serves on the chair at St. Francis Xavier University.

I can understand that he takes the farmers agitation to heart. However going back a decade, it seems that every movement or program launched by the NDA Modi government according to him has been a scam. He even quotes on Rafale numerous times as a scam and we know how all of that turned out. Think spending a lot of time on BR previously, we knew the necessity of the Rafale deal. Not only that, he seems to parrot the same exact lines when it comes to and Ambani/Adani corporations getting richer and richer while the poor get poorer. It’s the same old Congress tired line.

Not only that he has the utmost backing of Arundhati Roy and the Roy’s as a whole. Both of them were vociferous in demanding the release of Umar Khalid.

To quote him “Based on the premise that the market is the solution to all the problems of the human race, it is, too, a very religious fundamentalism. It has its own Gospel: The Gospel of St. Growth, of St. Choice...Welcome to the world of Market Fundamentalism. To the Final Solution.”

In my eyes, he is another Congressi, who bends low before the Cross.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:12 am

Bravo Thushara ji. She opened first ever non halal exclusive hotel of Kerala in Ernakulam district. No discrimination needed in food. Her hotel will serve only non halal food. Eventhough I am vegan, visited her and extended all support. pic.twitter.com/geKDkkt7hy

— Pratheesh Viswanath (@pratheesh_Hind) January 14, 2021
The restaurateur has also placed a banner outside her eatery which reads “No Halal, Halal Bakshanam Nishidham” (Halal food is banned here)

Smt Thushara revealed that since inception, many Muslims have taken offence to her idea of running a non-halal restaurant. “Muslims keep saying that it is not correct. Whenever Hindus start any business, Muslims try to intervene”, opined Smt Thushara, who has been running the restaurant for a year and a half now.

The first-ever non-Halal restaurant opens in Kerala, Ernakulam district: Here are the details

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:15 pm

CRamS,

So it was apparently all fake!!

Journalist Nidhi Razdan Says Job Offer From Harvard Was Fake, Calls It A Phishing Attack
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/journalis ... ing-attack

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 pm

MunsJi,

Absolutely shocked about that at one level and feel sorry for her, but at another level, this Bimbo was up to some hanky panky. I am sure we will hear more details in the coming days before we can take this phising BS seriously. And even that is true, she must be having -ve IQ to believe someone would just call her up and give you are an associate professor position at Harvard.

ChetakJi, please tell you BR admins, and you can go back and check and you probably know, that I was the first one to raise red flags when she announced her bogus Harvard appointment with great fan fare. I am not troll as one of the admins accused me of all people. For me, the simple question was that she did not have a Ph.D to be appointed as professor. Of course in extraordinary cases, this can happen. So thats why I was wondering maybe it was some endowed chair sponsorship or some such thing.

I am waiting for Arnab on republic or TimesNow to do a show on this. My own feeling is that RW ecosystem should use her as a mascot to discredit the entire Lutyen left ModiJi hating ecosystem.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:40 pm

Sambit Patra will be laughing his arse off hearing the plight of Nidhi Rzdan. Recall how she contemptuously threw him out (as she and that other joker Sreenivasan Jain routinely do you all BJP spokesman) of her show once.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:19 am

Ongoing vaccine politics In India. I think that Modi did the right thing in getting to push the vaccines as early as he can. This includes Covaxin without announcing to phase 3 trial data. I’m sure that the data will come and show positive efficacy hopefully in the 80+ percent range. Over the last month it is shown that Modi is not sitting around with regard to dry runs and then eventually the vaccine administration over the weekend.

It is gotten great media coverage and I feel overall positivity for the BJP as this was a priority over the last year. Of course, all the opposition parties will try to claim some credit with regard to the vaccine administration. Congress of course has done whatever they can to try and discredit the process but seen is the efficient administration to phase 1 health workers.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:21 am

12 Reasons Why Protest at Delhi Borders is Not About Farms or Farmers

12 Reasons Why Protest at Delhi Borders is Not About Farms or Farmers

They seem surprisingly intent to continue the deadlock and precipitate a state of anarchy. It also seems, strangely, that the protestors are happy with the existing agriculture set up and want no change to it.

JANUARY 16, 2021,
Swadesh Singh

A peculiar situation is unfolding at the borders of Delhi, where the national highways stands jammed and life has come to a standstill. Since last eight weeks, many groups including farmer organisations, Communist parties, social activists, and others, have been protesting against the agriculture laws passed by the Parliament in September 2020. While the government has repeatedly iterated that it would like to discuss the bills with the protestors but the suggestion has been stonewalled with demand for blanket repeal of laws.

The Supreme Court of India has stayed the implementation of the three agriculture laws, and has formed a four-member committee to resolve the stalemate. The government is already holding talks with the protestors and, so far, nine rounds of talks have taken place. The protesters now say that they do not accept the apex court appointed committee and want no less than a repeal of the laws. What stands out is the unwillingness of the protesting groups to find a solution. They seem surprisingly intent to continue the deadlock and precipitate a state of anarchy. It also seems, strangely, that the protestors are happy with the existing agriculture set up and want no change to it. This brings to question the locus standi of protestors. Are these protests for farms or farmers at all?

1. Many participants of this agitation are professional activists who have been regularly seen sloganeering against the current central government on different issues ranging from demonetisation, GST, Surgical Strike, 370, Ram Temple and so on so forth.

2. In their charter of demands, repeal of agriculture laws is only one of the issues. The other issues have nothing to do with farms or farmers. One major issue is to release of Naxal activists and rioters.

3. Posters and photos of Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam, Varavara Rao and others, with Naxalite and Islamist terror links have appeared at the agitation site. Many of these are not known as activists working for the farmers cause.

4. Many participants in the stir are from Punjab. These are rich farmers involve in the business of aadhat. Aadhatis are the middlemen in the mandis who buy the crops from the small farmers at low prices and sell at high prices. In 1991, the economic reforms were announced by the Rao government. Since then we have seen many reforms in different sectors. All the reforms were opposed by those who were beneficiaries of the old system. The current agitation is also an example of this. It is not a farmers’ protest but an aadhahti agitation who don't want a liberal regime in the farming sector.

5. The convenor of the All India Kisan Sangharsh Co-ordination Committee (AIKSCC) was Sardar VM Singh who has a declared property in crores. He had contested two Lok Sabha elections on Congress ticket. However, he was removed from the post of convenor when he offered to have talks with the government.

6. Most farmers and farm unions of the country have supported these laws and released statements that the laws are in favour of the farmers of India.

7. Evidences point that this agitation received funds from many radical organisations that demand Khalistan and are banned in India, such as Sikhs for Justice. Pro-Pakistan and pro-Khalistan slogans were raised by the protesters and the agitation was hijacked by people with nefarious agenda. The Government of India has also said this on record in the Supreme Court.

8. The facilities available at the protest site mock the life of an average Indian farmer who struggles to make the ends meet. Gyms, foot massage parlours, and pizza stalls at the protest site are antithetical to the real life of a farmer. It becomes clear that these winter campers don't represent an average Indian farmer.

9. The government is ready to talk and the Supreme Court has intervened and formed a committee, yet the protesters refuse to remove tents from the protest site. On the one hand, the protesters are talking with government representatives and on the other they have announced that they will move toward Delhi on 26 January in tractors. The objective seems to be to create anarchy and panic on a day of celebration and national unity. The forces behind this protest had done something similar last year during the visit of US President, and instigated riots in North-East Delhi.

10. Most farmers’ bodies are frontal organisations of different Communist parties and work behind the façade of neutrality and rights of farmers. The All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee is a confederation of Leftist supported farmers groups like of All India Kisan Sabha and All India Kisan Mazdoor Sabha etc. This is not a surprise therefore that Communist flags are aplenty at the protest sites.

11. This is a protest backed by opportunistic opposition parties to defame the current central government. The Arvind Kejriwal led AAP government, which could not feed the poor migrants for five days during the pandemic, is now sending their leaders to perform sewadari at the farmers’ protest.

12. A member of the court-appointed committee, Bhupendra Singh Mann, has recused himself from the talks saying that he cannot compromise the interest of Punjab and farmers. This group of protestors had first approached the Supreme Court against the government and now when the court has formed a panel, they have pressured the member to leave the committee.

Those who believe in the politics of anarchy will never want a solution to any problem. On the other hand, several experts and international organisations have praised these laws. Even the IMF has said that the three agriculture laws passed by the Indian government have the potential to achieve a leap in reforms. Without doubt, these farm laws are stepping stones to modernise India's agriculture sector and should have been brought in long back. It is the entrenched beneficiaries of the old ways now stand in the way of change.

Disclaimer:The author teaches political science in Satyawati College of Delhi University, Delhi. Views expressed are personal.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 am

crams wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:40 pm
Sambit Patra will be laughing his arse off hearing the plight of Nidhi Rzdan. Recall how she contemptuously threw him out (as she and that other joker Sreenivasan Jain routinely do you all BJP spokesman) of her show once.

crams ji

I well remember that you were among the very few who first pointed out that her name was nowhere in the havard list of faculty nor were the courses she was to teach mentioned on their site

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:24 pm

He started his career as Cricket "historian".
Then Italian ecosystem made him "eminent historian".
He doesn't even record normal sporting events without taking jibes at his pet hates.
As usual fell flat on his face
via@iMac_too

Ramachandra Guha@Ram_Guha · Dec 20, 2020

36/9: World didn’t end but maybe new India needs an old lesson
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... n-7111735/

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:42 am

OTT platforms become a new way to insult Hindu Dharma. weather you can say they are doing negative publicity to watch their content. Tandav is not the only series where they are defaming Hindus. They are doing it with every upcoming series. The ashram was a full attack on Hindu saint samaj. in tandav they are showing lord shiva is abusing and lower cast insult. It is the 21st century still Hindus are like secular puppets.

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:46 am

See this Muslim goon who want to show that he is a farmer. you can see his language. Shamefullll. :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://twitter.com/sreenshri/status/13 ... 42306?s=20

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:21 pm

yes, indeed.

by all means he is welcome, but only as a religious leader and not as a head of state.

and as a "religious leader", which is exactly what he is, he really does not need any invitation.

He only needs a visa or maybe, not even that, if he comes on a duly accredited diplomatic passport, just like the archbishop of canterbury, another "religious leader" did when he "visited" India.

however, the archbishop of canterbury "apologised" for jalianwallabagh, even though the person who should apologise is the queen so it really doesn't count.

let's see how many inquisitions/atrocities/genocides in India the pope will apologise for

Cardinals meet PM Modi, urge him to invite Pope Francis

Cardinals said they have been asking for an invite to the Pope for quite some time and expressed hope it will be realised soon. In 2018 there was a growing demand for the Pope to be invited to the country when he visited two Asian neighbours, Bangladesh and Myanmar. “It is overdue. We expect a decision from the PM soon,” said Cardinal George Alancherry. He said they requested the PM about an equitable distribution of the minority funds.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:23 am

It would be unfortunate, if the government has really caved into the farmer demands of holding the farm laws for approximately one to one and half years. The only thing that I can really think is that with the Bengal elections coming, the focus is really now on election mode.

But then again, every year they are going to be elections. Unless NDA and Modi/Shah as this is the year to break into the Bengal Bastion.
It’s just unfortunate the Supreme Court couldn’t make a decision of this. They have essentially on a couple of occasions now passed the buck back instead of mediating in taking a decision.

From multiple members, that I have heard this caving in….. Is shameful.

But then again, what other options does the government have apart from letting this prolong and going on for a few more months… It’s a powerful lobby all over India..

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:25 pm

This maybe the beginning of the end of this government. For any legislation this tactic will be used. Don't expect anything new happening for the rest of the term. With 303 seats, if government can be held hostage by few protestors most folks have lost hope in this government.
Muns wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:23 am

From multiple members, that I have heard this caving in….. Is shameful.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 pm

Guys, while I agree the ModiJi govt's caving in to so called farmers was shameful, they are saved by lady luck in that the farmers themselves have rejected this shameful surrender. They farmers probably believe in the saying: "Hilti hui deewar ko, yak dhakka aur dho" (Its a shaky wall, give it one more push).

Whats Indian govt going to do now? Say we will stay the laws for 3 years or 5 years? Its almost as if govt is begging these fraudsters for some face saver.

My own feeling is that given the protestors' obduracy, fact their protests have more to do with bringing ModiJi down than addressing farmer concerns; he (ModiJi) wanted to buy some time.

Also, lets not kid our selves that the following fact did not have a role: Indian army has a disproportionate %ge of Sikhs, and many of those protestors have sons guarding India's borders. Push comes to shove, a Sikh mutiny cannot be ruled out. Maybe ModiJi got some inputs from field level commanders on the Sikh jawans' angst. All in all, ModiJi decided to cave in keeping national interests front and center.

So what next. Having tasted blood, the protestors are not going to back down until ModiJi's nose is visibly rubbed to the ground. Perhaps fall of the Haryana govt for a start, loss in W. Bengal. National mood turning against ModiJi etc.

But make no mistake, the question at hand is that with BIF on the front foot, firing off the shoulders of volatile Sikhs, well funded by Khalistanis and other lobbies from abroad including ISI, its a very delicate situation. I hope Indian military commanders have a plan should there be a Sikh jawan mutiny. I doubt it, most Sikhs are courageous patriotic warriors, but they could be misled and their emotions played upon by the evil BIF.