World news and discussion 2021

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Muns
Forum Moderator

World news and discussion 2021

Post by Muns » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:52 am

In light of today’s events, I thought it worthwhile to expand the scope of discussion within Bharat Ganrajya. I think it is important to try and discuss world changing events from an Indian perspective. What happened today at the US Capitol building was quite unbelievable. I like to give a different angle to what has been going on. While 2020 has been a difficult year because of pandemic, it seems that the US propaganda machine seem to turn in on itself. It effectively became its own Civil War between media channels both on cable as well as the Internet.

However, what is astonishing is the hold surprisingly with regard to Trump and his supporters that has left me baffled. I have seen friends, of Indian Christian Malayalee background vociferously backing Trump including regurgitating many of the fantasies that Trump regularly tweets out.
Unfortunately, this kind of propaganda machine from Trump and his conservatist background has imploded here on itself in Americans killing each other for this cause?

It has me thinking? What is it then that really Republican conservatism, stands for? Can’t we say that is really for increasing ultra-Christian evangelism albeit in a political form? When it comes to immigration rights, abortion, Evolution, homosexuality, school education etc.

Aren’t conservative rights really related to biblical rights? With the rising evangelism ongoing US and largely backing Trump, I see this as the core support to his party base. In a sense, it’s not just Trump that is leading this revolution, but Trump already capitalizing on the rising evangelical base that is rapidly growing here in the US.

It is this court Bible thumping base that sees its champion having to step down and want to ensure that their evangelical value system continues to spread its wings. This not only means support from the highest level but also monetary support as well. What I found unfortunately that this also extends to Indian Christians here in the US that vociferously support Trump.

In any case, the American Civil War continues. The evangelical Bible Trump thumping base versus other sleepy Americans who are just waking up to what might be really going on. Perhaps it's time to call a spade a spade.

Trump supporters turn Capitol Building in Washington DC as a riot-zone

https://www.india-aware.com/latest/trum ... riot-zone/

Muns
Forum Moderator

Re: World news and discussion 2021

Post by Muns » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 am

Sri Lanka: Authorities Destroy Monument At Jaffna University Dedicated To Tamils Killed By Sri Lankan Army

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/sri-lanka ... ankan-army
The Sri Lankan authorities on Friday (8 January) destroyed a monument at Jaffna University that was established to pay tribute to thousands of Tamils killed by the Sri Lankan military.

The authorities reportedly deployed heavy machinery inside the campus to topple the Mullivaikal monument.

The memorial, unveiled in 2019, was designed and constructed by locals, including those who had lost family to the massacres of 2009. Tens of thousands of Tamil civilians were killed during the Sri Lankan military offensive, led by the Rajapaksas, reports Tamil Guardian.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:54 pm

I was just commenting a few days ago with regard to Malayali Christians backing Trump and even from a personal friend backing the rising insanity...Lo and behold it was Malayali holding the tricolor at the Capitol...

Tricolour On Capitol Hill: The Case Of Tharoor-Loving Malayali Christian Trumpian And Pavlovian Hinduphobia Of Left-Liberal Jamaat |

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/tricol ... ral-jamaat

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:19 am

though nothing stops India and other affected countries from doing the very same and complete evisceration using local laws.

this is nothing but techno colonialism and there is no reason for any country to subject itself to the rule of a reimagined east India company that has risen phoenix like, albeit in a new avatar.

these guys are peddling a heady mix of AI, adaptive algorithms, social manipulation and post truth narrative construction to sway entire populations and are now protecting themselves from being restrained at this vulnerable stage of their cancerous growth.

Soon they will have grown so huge that they will be well beyond the reach of many sovereign governments, malevolently transgressing national boundaries and overriding popular electoral mandates, subverting free will and restricting choice.

Trump Is The Sacrificial Head Big Tech Is Offering To Protect Its Moolah From Anti-Trust Action. The deplatforming of Trump is the sacrificial head Big Tech is offering the incoming US admin in order to prevent a complete evisceration of their monopolies.
Trump Is The Sacrificial Head Big Tech Is Offering To Protect Its Moolah From Anti-Trust Action

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:44 am

Brazil President thanks PM Modi for ‘sanjeevni booti’ as Brazil receives 2 million doses from India

https://www.india-aware.com/latest/braz ... rom-india/
Brazil obtained 2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from India. The vaccine, developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University, landed in Sao Paulo on Friday. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro thanked PM Modi for the export of vaccines through a tweet.

Tweet shows Lord Hanuman carrying a mountain with vaccines from India to Brazil. The illustration is inspired from a tale in the Ramayana in which Lord Hanuman carries the entire Gandhamardan mountain to deliver Sanjeevani Booti, a magical lifesaving herb, to save wounded Lakshman, Lord Ram’s brother.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:24 am

I was watching the trump speech today at the CPAC conference. I think that we can see a new era of politics here. Trump has become in cricket terms the Sanath Jayasuriya of how to take on the media. Faced with restrictions placed on media, he has done something I feel that nobody has really done before. He has come out with amazing aggression but also challenging people’s inherent fears. I’ve only been the citizen for the last five years, however, he pleads as to the invasion of people’s all across the southern border. He attacks everyone as being criminals and instills fear as to what this mass migration might mean. Not only that, he finishes of the speech with America adhering to Judeo Christian values as its principle. We need to look to Afghanistan or Pakistan and we can see is this battle exists worldwide. It exists between acceptance values versus those that are exclusive values.

India in this regard I feel is safe for at least decades to come. Because no matter what side of the coin American values may fall, any government in power would find it extremely hard now to go against any Indian action. India takes on Burma? America would bow to this. India wants to take on Pakistan? America would bow down to this. India wants to even take on missionaries that propagate the falsehood in India? America would bow down this.

Fact is that America needs India. I often hear the term liberals repeated all the time. It comes with no real understanding of what liberal actually means.

Trump may help India in the short term with regard to Pakistan but he would definitely propagate Judeo Christian evangelism all across India. He has openly said so.

Take your pick

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:28 am

Some great Psyops.

World leaders thank PM Narendra Modi as India sends COVID-19 vaccines to 47 countries
India has supplied over 4.64 crore made-in-India COVID-19 vaccine doses to 47 countries as of Thursday (March 4). The outreach has won New Delhi a lot of goodwill from the global community.

Of these, 71.25 lakh doses have been supplied as gifts, while over 3.93 crore have been sold commercially.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:47 am

Remember we used to talk about a great game? What is the great game with regard to multiple world powers in the propaganda war against India? I would think that the rest of the world in their continuous infighting between themselves over Abrahamic ideals, would find India inconsequential.
However, it seems that the growth with India over the last few months especially with regard to vaccine seems to have really irritated a lot of worldwide countries. AstraZeneca in the current vaccine trials does not show any evidence for increased rate of DVT, yet multiple countries have now discredited the vaccine because of reported isolated incidents.

NDTV consistently reports of some scandal in the defense services especially with regard to corruption. They tried their best with regard to the Rafael “scam” that finally the Supreme Court throughout on multiple occasions.
Multiple countries would seek to try and lecture India on accepting Rohingyas, but stopped India from Passing CAA, after a genocide of Hindus over the ages.

“Toolkits” are being passed around in the highly influential circles with regard to discrediting India on a global stage.

In the South, we see multiple evangelical organizations trying their best to discredit and take over Indo spiritual sites as well as use state government funding towards furthering mega churches and mosques over South India.

The bane of liberals a.k.a. Abrahamics in India means to completely ignore Hindu genocide on a large scale and to consistently create and equal equal between Hindus and Islamists.

Who Benefits from this great game?

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:56 am

During my weekly search with regard to news related to Hindus worldwide. It seems with increasing influence of Indian Americans in the US, there is a action plan to create an anti-Hindu party here within the US. There is the HAF, which has long been a proponent for Hindu views and is definitely favorable towards Modi and the NDA in power.

Just come across, a Sunita Viswanath who has founded an organization called Hindus for Human rights. Reading through her articles definitely seems with a huge Congress slant with regard to “Be aware the dangers of Hindu majoritarianism”

Usual story of blaming Modi as responsible for the second wave of the Covid 19 by holding the Kumbh Mela. Muslims being ostracized and lynched because of beef eating.

Definitely, an organization that has many Abrahamics I am sure salivating for her to join their ranks.

Something to keep aware.

Below is the podcast that I have started to listen with regard to HAF. (Hindu American Foundation)

https://www.hinduamerican.org/thats-so-hindu-podcast

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:26 am

With the US undergoing another surge, one has to ask what are the reasons really with regard to why the unvaccinated really do not want to receive the vaccine.

I have seen and also heard of numerous excuses here with regard to why people would not want to receive the vaccine. Top among them is that the vaccine is too new and that they do not want anything that could potentially change their DNA.

The other top reason on the extreme crazy side of things seems to be a reason that the government is trying to “chip” everyone with microchips to track their whereabouts. Yes, I have actually had patients tell me about this. The surprising thing is, these kinds of crazy stories seem to exist in those that are most vulnerable.

Not only that, but the Bible Belt seems to be taking much of the brunt.

So, does religion play a role in this? If so, what is the role that Christianity might have to play here? The article below might give us some insights, but I too have heard of somewhat of a fatalistic attitude stating that if God is willing to take them at this time, then that is the time that is allotted to them.

Not only that, but because of the obesity pandemic that concurrently exists in the deep South combined with a surging Covid pandemic, the two have mixed to create Havoc

Something to think about with regard to why the Bible Belt and the underlying religious reasons why people won’t get vaccinated.

Why Evangelicals are Encouraging the Anti-Vaccination Movement
https://liberalarts.tamu.edu/blog/2021/ ... -movement/

Christian nationalism is a barrier to mass vaccination against COVID-19
https://theconversation.com/christian-n ... -19-158023

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:28 am

As a situation continues to degenerate in Afghanistan and the recent takeover of Kabul, what we now have is the reversal of 20 years of relative stability in Afghanistan. With the Taliban taking control of Kabul, we are already starting to see the return of medieval barbarism back to mainstream

Unfortunate to see such a scenario, especially with regard to a generation of Afghans, who grew up with relative peace and stability. It also means return to child marriages, stoning, amputations for stealing, among Afghans as well. What I canceled understand is the relative ease at which Afghans Army as well as populace simply rolled over. For all of the militia groups available, none of them really put up any kind of resistance to the Taliban.
In many of these towns, the Taliban simply walked into crowds of adulteration. These welcoming crowds perhaps give some insight into the underlying mood that prevails in Afghanistan.

Perhaps most Afghans, simply wanted this power structure and what was in place for the last two decades was simply an aberration.
As much as we feel that Afghans should have the same rights, perhaps, trying to supplant such rights to them was a mistake.
Not only that, more complications have arisen with regard to the same Sunni-Shia conflict and potential genocidal extermination of the Hazaras.

Not only that, but a Taliban government will only seek to train more Jihadi fighters, which no doubt will enter into Pakistan and transit their way over to Kashmir. Expect to see a rise in Kashmiri terrorism from not just the Taliban but also Al Qaeda who the Taliban are intermarried with.
So unfortunately, really dark days ahead with return to medieval barbarism, not just for Afghans and especially Afghan woman, but also for the surrounding neighborhood.

Our mistake seems to have been trying to impose our values onto this already unchangeable eighth century society. For those progressives, unfortunately they just have to seek a life elsewhere out of Islam.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:38 am

It’s hard to believe the ongoing crisis here in the US. The propaganda as well as confusion and misinformation seem to be rampant all across the US. Anti-vaccine propaganda seems to have taken a firm hold in close to 1/3 of the US. The surge that we are now seeing is purely among unvaccinated people who are dearly playing with their lives.

However, the confusion is not just among white Americans, even Indians especially Christian Republican Indians seem to hold similar views.
There seems to be underlying religious views in play as well. Many of these evangelical American Christian’s that I meet seem to believe that this is the Lord’s will with regard to getting or even surviving Covid 19. The Lord giveth and taketh away.

The stories are endless of young families being destroyed in view of either parent dying because of Covid 19. There even reports of oxygen shortages in some areas.

The amazing thing is, whence a similar situation was going on in India the whole world seemed to focus on India’s crisis a few months ago. However, we don’t see the same kind of media attention being given to the US for the crisis that it is in

What I find hard to understand, is that white American Christian evangelicals who are so distrustful of the vaccine and the medical science, will be the first one in line for monoclonal antibody treatments and all the inpatient treatments available. This includes IV antivirals, Remdesivir and Dexamethasone should they receive Covid 19.

This has to be the classic definition of being a hypocrite. All of their belief gets thrown out of the window, when they actually get Covid 19.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:46 am

US states to celebrate October as Hindu Heritage Month:Several states in the US will celebrate October as Hindu Heritage Month.
Several US states, including Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Ohio and Massachusetts, have proclaimed October as the Hindu Heritage Month, noting that Hinduism has “contributed greatly” to America through its unique history and heritage.

The proclamations came after various Hindu organisations in the US announced the addition of another major festival, an entire month of festivals, in October as the Hindu Heritage Month.
https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/u ... 2021-09-25

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:18 am

How many terror attacks do we have to report this week?

Makhan Lal Bindroo Killed in Kashmir. His brave daughter and her fiery speech.

Manik Saha among others in Bangladesh during the Durga puja celebrations.

Recent Islamic convert Espen Andersen Brethen killed 5 in a harrowing bow and arrow attack all around the city.

Sir David Amess an MP in Britain was fatally stabbed to death as well.

These are just headlines that we have seen. Unfortunately, those that have been elsewhere murdered unfortunately have not made it to the news.

Just unfortunately another day in the religion of peace, Islam.

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:49 am

What We Know About the New Coronavirus Variant Now Spreading

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ng-markets

I think the above is important because it reports at least that this new strain is likely because of the mixing of Covid as well as HIV in a person likely infected with both.

This is led to, likely what is called antigenic shift which is combination of genetic material between both viruses. With this many different mutations, it is no wonder that everyone is really concerned.

With Covid already airborne, but can be worrying is if it picks up new lethal means to hide in the immune system and targeted specifically white cells like HIV does.

Need more data from scientists regarding this.

Below is the concept of antigenic shift between different viruses;

How Flu Viruses Can Change: “Drift” and “Shift”

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/change.htm

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:57 am

Last couple weeks have been busy. Working on a few projects and hence was not able to post. will try to make a better effort at it. However the last couple of weeks, have done some reflection on what the whole European war really means to India.

Refugees are pouring into Eastern Europe and also in various countries around the world are committed to take more refugees as well. Here in the US, we have sanctioned to taken 100,000 refugees from Ukraine.

This is just after the crisis that happened in Afghanistan refugee situation.
What does this mean for India? Well I think that Foreign Secretary Jaishankar has said it best when it comes to being not in India's interest to interfere in any way. I think that the standard that we have shown so far has to be commended.

We have not taken a firm stance against Russia our longtime ally. Of course when it comes to the ethics of the situation we have released multiple statements with regard to war being wrong.

It's as much as we can do. Let's also not forget that areas of India remain under illegal occupation by both Pakistan as well as China for which we are committed to reunite with India.

The situation in Ukraine grows increasingly desperate for both the Russia and Ukraine. While it may be hurtful to think about the refugee situation as well as debts, India has enough problems with now refugees streaming over from Sri Lanka.

Frankly it's an information overload. And in wartime it is hard for us to really try and piece out exactly what is fact or what the New York Times and Washington Post are reporting. Knowing the strength of the Russian military, it is hard for me to understand a lot of the successes posted against Russia. Only time will tell I guess.

Why the US may try to criticize India with regard to not taking a firm stance against Russia, our interests remain with regard to not only what's going on inside India and consolidating but also our immediate neighborhood.