Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Raja
Forum Moderator

Re: Nukkad

Post by Raja » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Singha wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:39 am
imo signaling and positioning for a post-trumpian role in some CxO suite as a straight shooter and tough negotiator

this is unlikely to be a 2 trump run
Yeah I think she has ambitions to be SecyState and later POTUS perhaps. So she is playing to the gallery. However, imitating TZ by threatening nations that she will take names will just come back to bite her in the mush. Yelling and posturing like a gorilla only gets you so far. In the end, cold calculated moves are what make the difference, not fiery hot fireworks.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:42 am

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"

Mahakala
BGR Newbie

Post by Mahakala » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:39 pm

That we are but just a spec in the vast infinite expanses of the universe is something most people push to the back of their minds so that they do not have to confront the fact that their lives, at the end, matter very little.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:30 pm

This IS WRONG!!
We (as a soul, not the body, mind, intellect or ego) as part of the almighty pervade this universe (nay multiverse). We are more infinite than what is out there, eternal and 'perfect' in every way. In fact science proves that. Take Puali's exclusion principle, for something that is very small, it starts occupying more and more area (electron much smaller than neutron/proton 'occupies' probably million times more volume than it). Something that has zero (the zero of the Indian imagination - SHUNYA) dimension (like our soul), exists everywhere at every time.
The goal of human life is discovery of that self, once you know your true self (knowing as in experienced it, not knowing as I know and you read), you attain moksha and as Krishna the Lord says, the material world (the multiverse) is but a small spec, he transcends all and as part of that suprem lord (param atma), our Atma is also that magnificent. So we are not small, just a spec in the vast universe, we are in fact more grandeur than it!!

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:33 am

while I agree that the visible boundaries of solid, liquid and gas matter are just boundaries of atomic orbits, and virtually contiguous.....visible itself is a particular optical spectrum, in thermal or xray it will change.....

but I do not agree that anyone gives a rats behind about the fate of this rock. or the concept of a good supreme being .... one school says that the multiverse or universe is just the long dream of a elder god named azathoth for whom a moment is a aeon for us, and he is lulled to sleep by the flute playing of a lesser god, because if he wakes, the dream will inevitably end and some new dream will create another multiverse. new collapse into a singularity and big bang and all that - unpleasant stuff.

in hindu lore, brahma is always shown as busy in celestial creative music and perhaps writers took their cue from there. to soothe feelings . Vishnu is given 10 avatars and shown as deeply caring about the affairs of men, enough to take avatars and reset the button when evil gets too much. perhaps these too are 'programs' and 'agents' like agent smith and neo who duel it out within the virtual machine of each celestial dream.

we are not yet able to put human on mars, let alone setup a permanent colony and aeons away from being able to journey to the nearest stars. when we come up against organisms which are totally powerless against us, how much mercy and caring have humans shown ? absolutely none at all , beyond what is our self interest....only those of use to us are kept and rest are cut down.

so how will a civilizations aeons ahead of us react ? thats a key question. have they like luke skywalker seen the universal dharma and will nicely treat us like children or take a tougher line ?

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Which sections of the ORR in Bangalore are currently closed off for white topping? Is the section from Sarjapur Flyover to KR Puram Railway Station open? I actually need to turn right just before KR Puram and connect to ITPL Main Road to head towards Mahadevapura (near Cap Gemini office).

Travel might be on Wednesday...just need a little heads up so that I can plan ahead.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:48 pm

True,
All theory is useless. I have wasted 40 years of my life theorizing....only to be always on the other path and then unexpectedly and painfully be forced on the path of 'experience'....where you have to quiten your mind, all questions, doubts (how ever logical), go on faith (the trick is, even if we multiplied our mental capacity by billion still we cannot get it, it is not a instrument to get you there), like having the best sword in the world, the lightest, strongest, sharpest, but if you have to cross an ocean, the sword will not help you, a boat will); and then something mysterious starts happening....it does gets curtained when you start reanalyzing (as it is beyond intellect) or develop ego towards it (there is nothing special about you, every one/every thing has it). But as human it is hard to not be egoistic/analytical. After all what you get is still knowledge, the true knowledge. Difference is, always, you never get it, it is granted and for that, to be in that state is hardest. It is mostly struggle against yourself, you have to give up (ego, self and what not...only her grace helps through a Guru) many things that one has acquired through many life times. Surrendering is so hard!!

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:27 pm

ruins of the kachari capital in khaspur

http://webguy.in/2015/05/13/kachari-kin ... har-assam/

note the singha dwar

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:42 pm

The roof shape is quite complicated, maybe even more than the classic dome which is fully axi-symmetric whereas the above is not. The walls are made of brick but the roof seems to be made of some other material. Columns in the walls seem superfluous i.e. not load-bearing.

Just struck me that Bangla/Assamese roofs in classical architecture seem to have have some of the most complex surface shapes around...

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:44 pm

fanne wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:48 pm
True,
All theory is useless. I have wasted 40 years of my life theorizing....only to be always on the other path and then unexpectedly and painfully be forced on the path of 'experience'....where you have to quiten your mind, all questions, doubts (how ever ....../analytical. After all what you get is still knowledge, the true knowledge. Difference is, always, you never get it, it is granted and for that, to be in that state is hardest. It is mostly struggle against yourself, you have to give up (ego, self and what not...only her grace helps through a Guru) many things that one has acquired through many life times. Surrendering is so hard!!
main saab...reminds me of you post in the burkha BRF where you spoke of the kundalini shakti and how those who read that post were meant to read it.....but after that.....sannaata. And then this post appears.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Srikumar ji
I did not know you or anyone is waiting. I also do not know if I am worthy messenger (both from intent and knowledge). Plus the most important reason, I had started associated my ego to it, sounding cool and all that (which is so bad....). But I guess I should participate more as a student and less as someone who knows, reality is I am a student, probably only scratching at the surface. If anyone knows how to get rid of doubt (or lack of faith, doubt arises because of that) or lack of confidence- (again arising from lack of faith)....(there are more question)
Also if it is punishment of paap karma, can the lord take away your paap, after all we pray to him/her as paapnashini

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Pehli baat ..please 'ji' mat kijiye. In an anonymous forum, I do not use 'ji' and therefore I request others not to use it for me either. (The only exception I would have made is for KLPD ji ....for hasya reasons... :lol: but I have not used that either).

It is not about being worthy or unworthy of conveying a body of knowledge....it is just that your post was interesting because it was first person experience you had posted ( the one about rotating feeling with high rpm). I had only asked about the first step in that direction. I am sure there are tons of pages on the web detailing this and other steps, but it was interesting to me to 'meet' someone with first hand experience (no pun intended) and hence I asked about the general direction/first step. (added later: This is nukkad thread after all...anything goes. whether it is a substantative piece of information or not).

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Sure,
If you are curious, please know you do not desire unless the mother wants you to. That in itself makes you worthy. Also perhaps you have been searching it for a long time (many lives perhaps, in fact we all are, only some know about it, and you are one of them). I would say visit a local Sahaj Yoga center, pray to mother that she guides you to the right place and right person.
The only thing I would say, don't expect anything, don't judge or reason, let the universe take you where it may. What you are seeking is the most normal thing, perhaps more normal than breathing (and when is the last time you consciously breathed, or judged or reasoned)

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks, It is a very fresh perspective. It had stopped me from arrogant (but that's deceptive, I don't want to develop arrogance because I have spiritual experiences) and thinking I need no correction. It has helped me to catch myself when I am being arrogant at work (new position etc), but at the same time I have been arrogant with loved ones without realizing it.
and why the path has to be painful? Because you are burning your bad Karma?

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Btw I know many spiritual people who are very confident (and humble at the same time).

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks. If you have any other experiences and thoughts to share, please do so. First hand experiences from 'known' people (followed your posts over the years) carry more weight for me than webpages on the internet. I do prefer the path (and position) of having doubt ...which keeps you open to new ideas, spiritually or technically. But in the real world, doubt is mistaken for lack of confidence, or softness/lack of aggression and people come after you. And at some point you have to pay back in the same coin.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:49 pm

To people who use ORR for your daily commute in BLR, any help in identifying which sections of ORR are being closed/jammed for white topping would help immensely. Thx...

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks guys...the other thing that one has to be open is grace (God's divine love). It manifests everyday and I will narrate what happened today between the last post I made, and this one. On Netflix, I wanted to see some spiritual documentary. I ended re-watching On mediation, and it was newer fresher. Then typically one documentary/movie is enough for a day, somehow I saw suggestion for Tim Robbins documentary. I am very skeptical towards western motivational speakers (the arrogance of mine, combined with false notion of eastern philosophy is greatest - doesn't it teach to be open to the path and that there are multiple paths), I did not want to see it. That time just before that I had cried for my pain and asked Mother to help me...
Long story short, I ended up seeing the two hour documentary and boy it changed things for me. It was disguisting enough in the first 5 minutes to stop, but somehow I continued (and no one in the house stopped/objected/interfered). It was her grace (and she told me that, I will tell you how)-
Messages - Pain do not happen to you, they happen for you. And but for that pain, you wont be a person that you are (even though I was deeply religious/spiritual, I travelled in 1.5 years as much as I have not travelled for past 4 decades, if not for the painful experience). Just like Kunti said to Krishna, when Krishna asked her to ask a boon, she said, please give me pain so that I can always remember you.
Second breakthrough was (it was free, I have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars at Landmark forum to get a breakthrough) - I crave being loved and acceptance and related to (I went to a boarding school since the age of 5 and have lived out since). I have done all things in life (including everything) for just this, at times doing things that will in fact not get me loved. I am on path of healing now.
About mother's grace - He himself mentions that people get whatever breakthrough they get due to grace...in the last day (of his 5-6 days of self discovery), the last scene where all integration happens, he plays this track on jai jagdambe ma (there are million tracks on this song, but he played the one that is my favorite - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlozhKZKTNI). Did I see a red kalawa on his right hand? Does he get the inspiration from the same source?
All I had to do was, leave arrogance, let the moment flow and the universe was for me where it should have been and by Mother's grace, so was I.
Last edited by fanne on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:34 pm

And the funny thing was, I was suppose to pick another documentary, I looked for it, did not like the synopsis, and then saw this one in its suggestion, and started seeing it without the synopsis.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:47 am

Zynda wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:49 pm
To people who use ORR for your daily commute in BLR, any help in identifying which sections of ORR are being closed/jammed for white topping would help immensely. Thx...
Only hearsay, since I don't commute via ORR. The white topping work is between Nagawara and Tin factory. But ORR being what it is, plan with extra buffer time. For example, metro work has narrowed the road space between silk board and jayadeva, which has a cascading effect on traffic bound from Bellandur in the evening.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:49 am

What happened to Nukkad? :shock: Did anyone see it recently?

Back into the cave, much warmer there during these cold days...

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:04 am

nukkad nukkad thaan saar. Idhu appidi thaan irukku, onnu maaravillai.
Nukkad ...a place for all conversations...

abhik
BGR Newbie

Post by abhik » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:41 am

Zynda wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:49 pm
Although Sarjapur to KR Puram is not being white topped (at least as of last week), the KR Puram area has become absolute hell - avoid at all costs situation onlee. But I'm guessing it might be a little better at this time of the year.
I would try one of the narrow "shortcut" roads from ORR to mahadevpura instead of going all the way to the signal.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 am

^^Thank you to all who clarified about work on ORR.

Plan is to run right in to a cross road from ORR and join ITPL Main Road to arrive at Mahadevapura.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:00 pm

vivo and opp on TV and print.

now trivago has joined the fray on tv and online as very huge spender.