Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Singha
Forum Moderator

Re: Nukkad

Post by Singha » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:09 pm

h1B fraudser to be sent packing from the promised land after jail term, his wife's citizenship taken away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... 32c75e72f0

this guy alone did some fraud in 1000 filings and i am sure there are many such mahatmas

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:11 pm

a fair enough comment under the above article - right now everyone but the poor plantation cotton picker benefits

mathewp1
2 days ago
Completely agree. H1b should be ravemped to be non-lottery based and h1b employees should be mobile. Let free market do its work where companies willing to pay higher will get the first dibs. See the h1b quota go unutilized very quickly. Right now it is just a avenue to get cheap tech workers who will slave away at the same position for 10 years or more till they get them permanent residency.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:29 pm

I am assuming that H1B fraud dude was a US citizen by naturalization. So where did they send him packing? Similar case for this wife? If they had an OCI card, I am assuming that card is based on the existing US Passport. So if GOTUS revoked their citizenship, then probably their OCI becomes void as well.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:13 am

Both hubby and wife will lose the usa passport

Wife is giving up citizenship and flying to sdre desh immediately in lieu of jail time. Her oci is also voided by act of
Losing usa passport. She will apply for indian passport and never get a usa visa again

Hubby will do the same but front ended by 2 years in jail over there

All the fraud resumes they forwarded must be tracked down and same treatment applied to all these candidates

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:17 am

Many of these shops operate in collusion with usually indic managers inside cos which tend to hire lot of consultants
Some are relatives, alumni from same place or from same village/state or they worked together in past

Kickbacks must be rife behind the scenes in form of cash or property in india to hide it from irs

The h1 is a mockery of what it once was

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:27 am

to compete with Jio, Vodafone is offering a prepaid plan for Rs 198/- which offers unlimited calls, sms and 1GB 3g/4g data per day for 28 days. really cheap and I took it.

have set it up to only allow some apps (email,whatsapp,chrome,safari,maps,news) and not facebook and instagram which are probably silent data hawgs.when i travel will enable ola and uber.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:02 am

Singha wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:13 am
Both hubby and wife will lose the usa passport

Wife is giving up citizenship and flying to sdre desh immediately in lieu of jail time. Her oci is also voided by act of
Losing usa passport. She will apply for indian passport and never get a usa visa again

Hubby will do the same but front ended by 2 years in jail over there

All the fraud resumes they forwarded must be tracked down and same treatment applied to all these candidates
Can’t India refuse to accept them? After all they are no longer Indian citizens.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:28 am

Yes they can refuse and render them stateless refugees like some war stricken african nations have people on that

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:51 pm

so its seems Mr Kosuri was on GC and the rest of the cast all naturalized US citizens. his brother in law went on a visitor visa but somehow magically got a L1A visa approval perhaps by showing him as employee of the indian arm of his sisters co or some other fraudy means

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 pm

i would say investigate and catch all his 1000s of 'clients' and kick them out to send a stern message :)
publish their details on the web so indian employers can avoid on r2I.

only lack of judicial and investigative staff holds off GOTUS from folding the tent on 100s of these shady outfits.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Singha wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:28 am
Yes they can refuse and render them stateless refugees like some war stricken african nations have people on that
Then where do they stay? In the airport terminal?

Fear of God must be put in such people. Due to them many hard working engineers from lower middle class and poor backgrounds are denied opportunities to make a better life for their families and parents.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Singha wrote:
The husband can be deported as he is still an Indian Citizen. The wife struck a plea bargain, but the details are important. It would be up to the GoI to decide to allow her to become a full fledged Indian citizen again. If that didn’t happen, then she could be filed separately again on charges. My guess is that she will be allowed to take up Indian citizenship as the couple has not violated any Indian civil or criminal statutes.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Raja wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 pm
Singha wrote:
Then where do they stay? In the airport terminal?

Fear of God must be put in such people. Due to them many hard working engineers from lower middle class and poor backgrounds are denied opportunities to make a better life for their families and parents.
ICE prisons like the one near Miami surrounded by alligators.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:46 am

UN has a kind of passport for stateless refugees and
The rich countries take in a number every year

anishns
BGR Newbie

Post by anishns » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:11 am

NFSW

Wimmens protestor tries to snatch baby jesus from a nativity scene at (lo & behold) Vatican City!

https://www.facebook.com/Ruptly/videos/ ... 861500536/

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:33 am

En-masse Kundalini awakening is possible in the current state of the universe. If you ever get a chance don't let go of the opportunity, for it knocks only once in all your lifetimes. Just make sure you are not paying $$$ for the core knowledge itself(eg course fee etc), for the one who would truly bestow it would be already free of such desires. Seek and you shall find it.
This is the biggest blessing which Kali had given mankind when he said his era of darkness would prevail i.e. the current Kali yug. He had prophesied that when my age of darkness and chaos will manifest humanity will be going towards vinash but the only silver lining would be that spiritual awakening would be readily available to the one who seeks.
As Kabira has said `Sunta hai guru gyani....naad bindu se.....

- another student

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:10 am

old pic from king leopolds belgian congo. they killed about half of congolese adults in the quest to loot the place of minerals and grow crops and extract profits. 4 million people died in his brutal regime of around 15 years

read it all http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/08/30/d ... eview.html

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 am

Yes, Belgian kind leopard and britshit Churchil have as much genocide blood on their hands as Hitler, but because their victims were asians and africans, they are not viewed such.

Mahakala
BGR Newbie

Post by Mahakala » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:32 am

Read up on the Boer wars and internment camps the Brits ran there. No difference ti what the Nazis ram in Poland n Germany. But of course the Nazis are the only bad guys.

rsingh
BGR Newbie

Post by rsingh » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:06 pm

It is said Leopold was worse than Hitler.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Bo ... 80%931902)

Concentration camps (1900–1902)[edit]
Wikimedia Commons has media related to Second Boer War concentration camps.

Tents in the Bloemfontein concentration camp

Boer women and children in a concentration camp
The term "concentration camp" was used to describe camps operated by the British in South Africa during this conflict, and the term grew in prominence during this period.

The camps had originally been set up by the British Army as "refugee camps" to provide refuge for civilian families who had been forced to abandon their homes for whatever reason related to the war. However, when Kitchener took over in late 1900, he introduced new tactics in an attempt to break the guerrilla campaign and the influx of civilians grew dramatically as a result. Over time a large group of British feminists and pro-Boer critics of the Anglo policies would ameliorate the conditions in these camps, however, disease and starvation would still kill thousands.[62] Kitchener initiated plans to

flush out guerrillas in a series of systematic drives, organised like a sporting shoot, with success defined in a weekly 'bag' of killed, captured and wounded, and to sweep the country bare of everything that could give sustenance to the guerrillas, including women and children ... It was the clearance of civilians—uprooting a whole nation—that would come to dominate the last phase of the war.[63]

Lizzie van Zyl a Boer child, visited by Emily Hobhouse in a British concentration camp
As Boer farms were destroyed by the British under their "Scorched Earth" policy—including the systematic destruction of crops and slaughtering of livestock, the burning down of homesteads and farms, and the poisoning of wells and salting of fields—to prevent the Boers from resupplying from a home base many tens of thousands of women and children were forcibly moved into the concentration camps. This was not the first appearance of internment camps, as the Spanish had used internment in Cuba in the Ten Years' War, but the Boer War concentration camp system was the first time that a whole nation had been systematically targeted, and the first in which some whole regions had been depopulated.

Eventually, there were a total of 45 tented camps built for Boer internees and 64 for black Africans. Of the 28,000 Boer men captured as prisoners of war, 25,630 were sent overseas. The vast majority of Boers remaining in the local camps were women and children. Over 26,000 women and children were to perish in these concentration camps.[64]

The camps were poorly administered from the outset and became increasingly overcrowded when Kitchener's troops implemented the internment strategy on a vast scale. Conditions were terrible for the health of the internees, mainly due to neglect, poor hygiene and bad sanitation. The supply of all items was unreliable, partly because of the constant disruption of communication lines by the Boers. The food rations were meager and there was a two-tier allocation policy, whereby families of men who were still fighting were routinely given smaller rations than others[65] The inadequate shelter, poor diet, bad hygiene and overcrowding led to malnutrition and endemic contagious diseases such as measles, typhoid and dysentery to which the children were particularly vulnerable. [66] Coupled with a shortage of modern medical facilities, many of the internees died.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:08 am

for a small island barely 100 miles off the florida keys, Cuba has a long and tumultous history
read the 10 years also off the below link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_War_of_Independence

the general meme was that a US expanding in power and ambition, and a weakening spain, gradually defeated and took over all the spanish territories including parts of california and texas.

this is similar :lol: to a expanding and vigorous islam taking over the eastern roman empire (levantine region) - Yarmouk, north africa and persian empire-Qadisiyah all of which had become weak and unable to fight a long war against a motivated foe. in contrast to these much heralded empires, the Hindu Shahi Kings of Sindh put up a valiant and long defence until going under due to petty disunity of interior rulers who did not sense the existential threat and betrayal by the trade guilds - this we see even today in the 'dhando lobby' (as sjha puts it) wanting to trade and profit at all costs vs china..being vassals and paying annual tribute to peking in gold, ivory, spices and their maan sanmaan to keep the cash counters rolling.

the above we know of. less known is the battle that laid foundation of islamic spain for a few 100 years until the xtians rolled them back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Guadalete

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:28 am

age old meme:

The defeat of the Visigothic army followed on the flight of the king's opponents, who had only accompanied the host "in rivalry", "deceitfully", and "out of ambition to rule" says the Mozarabic chronicler.[31] The story of Sisibert abandoning Roderic with the right wing of the host is a legend. Estimating Visigothic forces at 33,000, David Lewis recounts how the Muslim army engaged in a series of violent hit and run attacks, while the Visigothic lines maneuvered en masse. A cavalry wing that had secretly pledged to rebel against Roderic stood aside, giving the enemy an opening. Ṭāriq's cavalry, the mujaffafa, forming as much as a third of the total force and armored in coats of light mail and identifiable by a turban over a metal cap, exploited the opening and charged into the Visigothic infantry, soon followed by the infantry. The Christian army was routed and the king slain in the final hours of battle. The engagement was a bloodbath: Visigothic losses were extremely high, and the Muslims lost as many as 3,000 men, or a quarter of their force.[37]

It is possible that his enemies intended to abandon Roderic on the field, to be defeated and killed by the Muslims. Whatever the case, their plan failed, for they too were largely slain.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Wow! The supposedly upcoming H1B changes have put the desi H1B/GC community in shock & worried state. Few of them have started panicking "like I don't want to go back to India"..."have to start all over again in India"..."kids will suffer being in India" statements.

I think folks who are rightfully employed (read worthwhile compensation, clean back ground record) working for well known US companies will be safe. America will retain those employees...but the folks who have a shady track record or if employer feels like it is not worth the hassle trying to retain them will be weeded out.

May be time for the US Indian community (both from Naturalized crowd and US born PIOs) to start voicing their opinions in favour of immigration reform which would benefit a lot of legal candidates? I do think the H1B system has been misused & abused and reforms are needed but it is also true that there will be many genuine casualties in the clean-up.

Gotta hand it to the hispanic community. Even the US born hispanics people get involved in voicing their opinions to retain ILLEGAL folks in US trying to brush them off saying that "they are tax paying, law abiding folks who have only broken one (major) law". Hispanic senators/congress reps fight for them (probably due to vote bank politics), the liberal US crowd is with them.

I think the legal immigration community is mainly focussed on White collar jobs, the space in which many US citizens compete as well and thus get no love from avg. US citizens. But for the illegal community, they mainly operate in low-end blue collar jobs which most US citizens don't want to do and since there is not much in stake for avg. US citizen, the illegal community receives empathy & support from them.

Lastly, it seems like Canada is expecting many of the high-tech jobs to be shifted to their shores from US. Mainly jobs which required presence from foreign consultants (read roles requiring presence of teams/employees from offshore outsourcing companies). Same time zones with increased connectivity, coordination becomes easier and thus could shift to Canada. Apparently their economy is doing really good as well with wage inflation after a long time. Perhaps time to apply for Canadian PR for folks who are interested in migrating since there will be some increase in job market activity there.

At least in certain industries, there isn't a huge enough market in India to absorb many of the R2Iing/R2Ied candidates. So if people are indeed forced to return, they will have a tough time finding similar gainful employment here.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:58 pm

I have mixed feelings about this H1B issue. There is a real good reason why Trump has made it an issue and why he is pushing forward with it.

For years Indian IT companies have misused the laws, bent them and profited from them in an unethical way. The US CEOs didn't care because they were able to show short term cost reductions (long term it hurt their companies, but by then they were outta there). US Politicians didn't care because they got funded by US CEOs to look the other way.
Who lost? US Citizens.
Except for probably the "hot" Silicon Valley and Seattle, IT employees in other cities had a lot of difficulties with layoffs, low salaries, no growth, no bonuses. I have faced all of these myself. My experiences with worthless useless "techies" from TCS are all on BRF. I can never forget how they imported bodies who could eat, drink and sleep and do nothing else. So I am with Trump on this issue. If I had met smart intelligent hard working people, then I would have admired them and my views on this would be different. I am sure there are smart people too, but I met just 2-3 out of 100 and that isn't good enough.

So because of the sins of some people, the entire program is under review and will be modified. A lot of smart and deserving people will suffer because of the actions of these criminals and looters who sent people across with fake resumes and degrees (mainly from one state, we all know which one that is). I have a friend Anand (you might have read my posts about him) whom I know for 14 years and has been in this country for 20+ years. He is a nice chap but laid back and and didn't get his GC/Citizenship. He got laid off and had to leave the country a few months ago with his wife and kid. I felt he did not deserve this after being a tax paying productive crime free resident for 23 years. But such is life.

The US Govt has no obligation to provide jobs and amenities to millions of "deserving" candidates who have "dreams". We all have dreams and many of us are deserving. But that does not mean Satya makes me VP of Product at Mickey or Bawarchi asks me to run his iFoon division. We have all seen people get ahead because they knew someone or for other reasons. Such is life again. So US govt has to think about what is right for the US and its citizens collectively and I believe by cutting down foreign labor which has ruined the IT job situation for citizens, it is a step in this direction. I saw an article lamenting this and how without H1B, there would be no Satya, Indira or Shantanu. Yes, but there would be other people. No one is indispensable. Not even the Great Mahdi of Froot. I also see articles about "US will suffer" without the hordes of TCS/INFY people. Time will tell.

Here is the problem. Real IT is not for the masses. You need to be intelligent and smart and hard working. This was the case in the mid 90s to get into INFY, WIT and other companies. Many of us got rejected. When the floodgates opened, people who should have been working as gatekeepers and watchmen started getting IT jobs. Some grabbed the chance and worked hard, others coasted along with undeserved bonuses, raises and promotions. Those days are now over. No amount of fake outrage will change things. These people did not use the good times to work hard and now are complaining. Nothing is guaranteed to anyone. Not even to US citizens or white people. The entitled generation of India (ages around 20-35) will get a real hard lesson in life.

The future is bright! Many will go back to India, stop fooling themselves and the world and start companies fulfilling real needs. Many will be innovative solving real problems, not just taking up office space with pipes running in the ceilings and posting pictures in front of white boards on Facebook. The new IT industry of India will emerge, much leaner, but much meaner full of smart people with great ideas. Others will go into other professions, where they should have been in the first place. Short term will be hard, but long term is promising.