The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KL Dubey
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by KL Dubey » Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 am

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue May 29, 2018 3:44 am

(1) There is a trivial solution to rising petrol prices

There is trivial solution to rising petrol price of Rs 85 per liter --- use jet fuel.

Jet fuel is only Rs 65 per liter. see https://www.iocl.com/Products/AviationTurbineFuel.aspx , and also https://www.iocl.com/TotalProductList.aspx

Unless, there are some extra taxes / changes not mentioned in above webpages

One can always adjust car or scooter engine that will use jet fuel. So just ignore these complaint kings who cribb about petrol price. They are lazy bones who dont want to switch to jet fuel.

---

(2) a trivial solution to higher GST on railway tix

Also, those who cant afford 12% GST on railways can travel by flight. GST on flight is only 5%. Also GST paid on flight is available as input credit while GST paid on train tix is NOT available as itc !! So so a person who is paying a lot of GST, defacto GST on flight is zero while GST on train is 12%.

So kick the train, catch the flight.

Also, Aviation Minister Jayant Sinha is lobbying for a mechanism that may enable plane companie sto take excise paid on aviation fuel as credit towards GST on tix !! So flight prices may further reduce !!
-----------
(3) Electricity generation/use efficiency of India improves !!

april-2018 electricity generation = 103 billion units
april-2017 electricity generation = 103 billion units
iow , increase = almost 0% !!!

see http://www.cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/g ... opm_01.pdf
and http://www.cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/e ... ary-04.pdf
II am not sure if solar is counted or not. I have given you sorce from govt website. You can decide on your own
Last edited by MehtaRahulC on Tue May 29, 2018 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue May 29, 2018 3:52 am

This crazy "strategic thinking" in everything that is happening is BS. There's nothing really complicated in the CMs actions.

He was so desperate to become CM, he forgot that he's kingmaker and can demand his price. But he was too stupid to realise that the congoons need to be in power more than he should've wanted to be CM.

The problem though is, that his voters want specific actions on farming etc. Further, his voter base is pissed off that he's aligned himself with congress because they see their financial distress as a result of Siddu actions. He's making it out to everyone that he's at the mercy of Congress because he is coverings @ss when he can't waive the farm loans and other promises. So blame will squarely rest with congoons if the government falls (seeking sympathy).

The man doesn't have one honest bone in his body and he's definitely not doing BJP bidding. He's in it purely for the money and power.

As far as falling at Sonia feet, that's an Indian thing. Indians worship people. India has temples dedicated to politicians, actors etc. When the Indian cricket team came to Durham to play against Pak in 2011, I saw lots of people fall at their feet, in the street! It disgusted me. I suspect the origins are from the gurukul system, but have been perverted since.

Hopefully we indics teach the younger generation to fall at the right people's feet, and not useless people.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue May 29, 2018 5:18 am

Hi guys,

We've been working on a video when it comes to the Ram Janmabhoomi issue. As many of you know this is currently ongoing the Supreme Court and hopefully of verdict should finally be out to this year.
While the Allahabad gave the call to split the land in three, this was promptly rejected by the Sunni Waqf board and as I understand it the Hindu Mahasabha as well.

We talk to the president of the Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha, Chander Prakash. From what I understand he is an imposing man at close to 6'5 and you find that during the interview he holds nothing back.

As many of you have stated, he goes on to say that without the Ram Janmabhoomi this year, the BJP has slim chances of retaining control in the 2019 elections.
Not only that some other interesting points out that it also talks about Mathura and Varanasi as the next goals after the Ram Mandir.

Felt like we needed to bring this issue up and we hope that we have raised some awareness again about it.
From the news it also seems that Yogi, is thinking about changing Allahabad to Prayag. All in all this may yet be a good year.

As always thank you for all of your support and if you have any comments or feedback message me here. Things have gotten pretty busy for me but I always try to look at the forum and make sure that I respond to everybody. You can also email us by using the contact form on the website as well.

Thank you again.

Will 2018 be the year for Ram Janmabhoomi ?

www.youtube.com/c/indiaaware

www.india-aware.com

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Tue May 29, 2018 6:24 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:44 am
(1) There is a trivial solution to rising petrol prices

There is trivial solution to rising petrol price of Rs 85 per liter --- use jet fuel.

Jet fuel is only Rs 65 per liter. see https://www.iocl.com/Products/AviationTurbineFuel.aspx , and also https://www.iocl.com/TotalProductList.aspx

Unless, there are some extra taxes / changes not mentioned in above webpages

One can always adjust car or scooter engine that will use jet fuel. So just ignore these complaint kings who cribb about petrol price. They are lazy bones who dont want to switch to jet fuel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATF or jet fuel is just a very clean kerosene , and you might as well just use kerosene as a auto fuel but it would damage the fuel pumps etc

May be in an emergency you can use kerosene but not advisable in general conditions

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 am

Anshul Saxena

Verified account

@AskAnshul
Follow Follow @AskAnshul
More
Wow ! Finally, NCERT textbooks of Classes 6 to 10 carry new or additional info on Ancient Indian Philosophy, Ayurveda, Yoga, Teachings of Upanishads, Smritis & Scientific achievements of Ancient India in areas such as Astronomy, Metallurgy

Now hoping reforms in History books too

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue May 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Kairana UP by-election -- about 300 out of 2000 EVMs malfunctioned

Kairana UP by-election -- about 300 out of 2000 EVMs i.e. about 15% EVMs malfunctioned !! Voting in booth stopped for 20 minutes to 1 hour at some place, till EVMs were replaced !!

Some election commission officials blame heat as a reason for EVM malfunctioning !!

In one booth, EVM was changed 4 times !!!

In some booth, ECI ordered that polling will go on till midnight , because EVMs were down for as much as 3 hours !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwJmLguBiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlWmiD31cQA

I have been anti-EVM since 1989 , when I was in third year Comp Sci B Tech. I dismissed EVM as nonsense. Then in july-2010, I had given anti-EVM advertisement Indian Express in Delhi and several cities. And in oct-2012, I had given anti-EVM advt in Gujarat Samachar ahmedabad.

There was an anti-EVM thread on BFR which admins deleted (and then made disk crach as excuse). In that thread I had predicted in year 2011 that VVAPT is huge nonsense, and many VVPATs will malfunction because cheap thermal printers are not reliable. Most BRFites are hard core EVM-rakshaks !!!

rhytha
BGR Newbie

Post by rhytha » Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:49 pm
Kairana UP by-election -- about 300 out of 2000 EVMs malfunctioned

Kairana UP by-election -- about 300 out of 2000 EVMs i.e. about 15% EVMs malfunctioned !! Voting in booth stopped for 20 minutes to 1 hour at some place, till EVMs were replaced !!

Some election commission officials blame heat as a reason for EVM malfunctioning !!

In one booth, EVM was changed 4 times !!!

In some booth, ECI ordered that polling will go on till midnight , because EVMs were down for as much as 3 hours !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwJmLguBiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlWmiD31cQA

I have been anti-EVM since 1989 , when I was in third year Comp Sci B Tech. I dismissed EVM as nonsense. Then in july-2010, I had given anti-EVM advertisement Indian Express in Delhi and several cities. And in oct-2012, I had given anti-EVM advt in Gujarat Samachar ahmedabad.

There was an anti-EVM thread on BFR which admins deleted (and then made disk crach as excuse). In that thread I had predicted in year 2011 that VVAPT is huge nonsense, and many VVPATs will malfunction because cheap thermal printers are not reliable. Most BRFites are hard core EVM-rakshaks !!!
Make the next versions of EVM more heat tolerant, every electronic device goes through their life cycle till it needs a upgrade. Hardly any reason to ditch it, if devices are ditched on instances of sporadic malfunction, then no one will be driving a car or speaking in mobile phones, everyone will be riding bullock carts and sending pigeons.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue May 29, 2018 6:38 pm

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed May 30, 2018 2:17 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:57 am
How / why Missionaries are working to increase chances of Modiji's victories in may-2019? ... Only so that more and more Hindus vote for Modiji and rss in coming may-2019 elections !!!
.... Because Modiji , rss leaders and rss-workers are doing excellent work in ruining budget private schools using RTE !! And they all are also working to impose Govt control over temples and thus further weaken Hindu temples and Hinduism.
sathish_a wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:55 am
All this perception about temple being looted by state govts (hence hindu charity and education getting affecetd) and high fuel prices are ground work for things to come. Perhaps a law to establish Hindu board is in the planning making them independent from govt control and bringing Fuel under GST ambit. (perhaps a point in BJP manifesto for 2019)
If congress/aap leaders/workers were looting temples and killing budget private schools using RTE, then you and many hinduvaadies or even normal hindus would have started working to bring laws to stop govt control and save budget schools. But since rss-leaders and rss-workers (rss = bjp) are looting temples and killing budget private schools, you relax, sit back, and presume as some chankian (*) strategy designed to bring great grand achche din !! Thats exactly what usuk-elitemen and missionaries want --- they want hindus to "wait and watch only" rather than do anything. Now who can do better job that Hindus should "wait and watch and do nothing except voting, congress, aap or rss ?" Answer is -- rss = bjp workers / leaders are best people who can convince Hindus to sit idle.

As of today, the biggest danger to Hinduism is from Ministers / IAS / judges etc who want to usurp temples wealth for their own political/personal goals. The danger from Missionaries is via this Ministers / IAS / judges , not direct. And Islamists across world are fading and becoming puppets of usuk-elitemen . Most apex saudi royals are now a defacto crypto and completely subdued by usuk-elitemen. And danger to islamism is ONLY because temples are not working to strengthen Hindus at local levels.

Local temples, local gurudwaras and local schools (gurukul back then) had played key roles in strengthening Maratha/Sikh armies. And temples/gurudwara could play this role because they were free. Today, gurudwara are NOT controlled by govt and so they are still doing good job. But as temples come under control of congress/rss/aap Ministers, and IAS / judges, their ability to strengthen Hindus will keep decreasing. So happy "waiting and watching and hoping that its grand scheme to bring achchhe din".

Some people have realized that when it comes looting temples and slaughtering budget schools using RTE, congress/rss/aap are one and same. These people will refuse to "waiting and watching" and work to bring laws to end this temple loot and RTE mess. Lets see who wins - missionaries/usuk-elitemen or these people who wish to fix laws.

(chankian --- as in suyash pande , see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunky_Pandey )

==========================

Sterlite copper smelting factory in Tamil nadu is shut down

Solution --- reduce corruption in pollution control Ministers / IAS / judges . That way both will improve --- pollution control and convincing people that pollution is low when it is indeed it is low

Today, even if pollution were to low, people will NOT believe Ministers / IAS / judges because over 86 out 100 of them are hard core bribe takers to core. When a Ministers / IAS / judge is hard core bribe taker, he becomes a harder core truth suppresser and a liar. And so we commons refuse to trust him even if he happened to be right. And commons will end up distrusting even the 14 non-corrupt because commons dont know which 14 are non-corrupt. So imo, there is only one trivial solution left now --- bring down corruption. So my request to all to dump all CHANKIAN (*) solutions which claim that "corruption need not be reduced for stability".

Or else, accept of slavery of FB-owners (i.e. usuk-elitemen, cia etc) because they become most influential people when commons RIGHTLY distrust Nbjprie.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed May 30, 2018 3:09 am

Many villages and towns in Uttarkhand are becoming ghost towns because people are leaving these villages / towns and moving to cities. Worse, Bangladeshies are moving in !! An 11 minute FB video --- https://www.facebook.com/lakshaysaini/p ... 2827698836 (video doesnt mention that Bangladeshies are moving in, It only tells that people are leaving)

I disagree with all the solutions that this gentleman has proposed. But imo the video does show the problem well.

One problem at core is --- judges / IAS have become environment-rakshaks , and so they oppose development of near by cities. And so people have to move far off cities. And so they end up evacuating their houses.

Solutions are OSF (outside the scope of the forum).

salaam
BGR Newbie

Post by salaam » Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Kindly advice:

How to mark a user so that I don’t see his posts.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm

add user to 'foe' list in your control panel.

and for Suraj's information - unlike brf settings, it is possible to ignore here, even when mod ;)

suryag
BGR Newbie

Post by suryag » Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Finally some politician in Tamil Nadu talking sense and not calling for jee hard

http://zeenews.india.com/tamil-nadu/raj ... 12417.html
TUTICORIN: Tamil superstar Rajinikanth on Wednesday blamed anti-social elements for the anti-Sterlite protests last week that resulted in the tragic death of at least 13 people in police firing in Tuticorin.

"The attack on the collector's office and setting on fire (Sterlite) quarters was not done by the common people. Some anti-social elements infiltrated... (the protesting locals). It is their handiwork," he said.

''If you undertake protest for each and everything, Tamil Nadu will be turned into a cemetery,'' the actor said.

The entire problem started after anti-social elements attacked police & burned down Collector's office, as a result peaceful protesters were killed. If you undertake protest for each and everything, Tamil Nadu will be turned into cemetery:
The iconic actor also expressed grief that 'this noble protest' had ended on a bloody note.

He made these remarks while interacting with media after meeting those injured in the police firing. Rajinikanth, however, rejected demands for Chief Minister K Palaniswami's resignation over the issue.

The actor, who gave away Rs 10,000 relief to each of the 48 injured persons, said pro-Jallikattu protests in Tamil Nadu last year also saw infiltration of 'anti-social elements'.

He had earlier announced a relief of Rs two lakh each to the families of the 13 deceased.

The veteran Tamil movie star also called for a Jayalalithaa-style 'iron fist' policy to crush such people in the best interest of Tamil Nadu.

"The government should crush such anti-social elements with an iron fist. On that front, I laud Jayalalithaa as she kept such persons under check with an iron fist. They should follow her policy and keep them under check, as otherwise, it will result in great danger for Tamil Nadu," he said.

He also called for action against those who attacked policemen during the May 22 protest.

Thirteen people were killed in police firing on May 22-23 when violence broke out at the protest by locals, demanding the closure of Sterlite Industries in this district over pollution issues.

On the Opposition's demand for resignation of the chief minister, Rajinikanth sought to know how quitting could be a solution.

"If you demand resignation for everything, what (is the purpose)... I don't want to talk about that," he said.

To a question, Rajinikanth said that he had "no confidence" in the state government appointed one-man inquiry commission under retired Madras High Court judge Aruna Jegadeesan to probe the Tuticorin violence.

The actor, who has announced plans to join politics, said constant agitations may not yield solutions and added that one should move courts for redressal of their grievances.

Agitations often happen in the state, sometimes for "genuine reasons," he said, adding that people should be careful against being incited.

''Too many protests could dissuade trade and investors from coming to Tamil Nadu, affecting employment opportunities,'' he said, adding agriculture has already been hit due to water scarcity.

The actor cautioned Vedanta Ltd, which runs Sterlite Industries, against moving court over the Tamil Nadu government's closure order of the copper smelter unit, saying "they are not humans if they do so."

"With so many deaths and injuries, they should not even think of doing that," he said, adding, nothing can stand before people's power.

Rajinikanth faulted the police intelligence for its 'big mistake' in failing to detect the presence of anti-social elements in the protests.

At the hospital, the actor spoke to the injured and was seen holding hands of some of them.

Earlier, speaking to reporters in Chennai ahead of his visit, Rajinikanth expressed regret that his visit to Tuticorin had come at a very "difficult time" and added that going there was his 'goodwill gesture.'

To a question on the war of words between the AIADMK and the DMK over the May 22 incident, he said there should be no blame game on such matters and the focus should be on moving ahead.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm

twitter
This order banning Sterlite has a very short life. No due process followed, inviting courts to strike it down. An old trick in crony capitalism.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed May 30, 2018 2:10 pm

suryag wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 pm
Finally some politician in Tamil Nadu talking sense and not calling for jee hard

http://zeenews.india.com/tamil-nadu/raj ... 12417.html
decisive speaking by thalaivar

https://youtu.be/ICe1zFQmEFo

EPS missed this. Rajni has occupied this space, single handedly pushed back on the continuous drumbeat..

and even showed how to handle the nuisance reporters.

all in all...a good day for Rajni..and if this is the path he takes, he has potential to something big. There is a significant nationalistic, spiritual, development seeking votebank in TN that has nobody to look up to.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed May 30, 2018 2:29 pm

while another politician in AP takes a very different tack.

Which Indian dresses like this??

twitter
‘Does Chandrababu Naidu think he is the Nizam of Andhra Pradesh?’: BJP Spokesperson GVL Narasimha Rao

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed May 30, 2018 2:34 pm

For Hari. Changes in NCERT syllabus.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/over-1330 ... agat-singh

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 pm

Gus wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:10 pm
all in all...a good day for Rajni..and if this is the path he takes, he has potential to something big. There is a significant nationalistic, spiritual, development seeking votebank in TN that has nobody to look up to.
You know he said that the police who shot should be punished.. was all over TV today

Edit: Found a link online https://www.news18.com/news/india/rajin ... 63685.html

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed May 30, 2018 2:57 pm

you know you are supposed to not read clickbait headlines, and second hand reports.

and get full info direct from the source.

yes, if the police was ignoring their regulations and did shoot targeted manner or to 'take revenge', or prematurely etc, they should be punished. I too agree on that.

shooting is a final step in escalation ladder and to be done in a procedural manner.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed May 30, 2018 4:18 pm

salaam wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm
Kindly advice:

He has become a highly annoying fly in the ointment that not only looks bad, but is buzzing constantly.

salaam
BGR Newbie

Post by salaam » Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Primus wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:18 pm
salaam wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm
Kindly advice:

He has become a highly annoying fly in the ointment that not only looks bad, but is buzzing constantly.
Doctor Sahib, I understand that you know who I was talking about. But, you haven't answered my query :(

salaam
BGR Newbie

Post by salaam » Wed May 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Gus wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm

and for Suraj's information - unlike brf settings, it is possible to ignore here, even when mod ;)
Thank you kind sir. Next time, kindly quote when replying, or I would have missed.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed May 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Gus wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:10 pm
decisive speaking by thalaivar

https://youtu.be/ICe1zFQmEFo

EPS missed this. Rajni has occupied this space, single handedly pushed back on the continuous drumbeat..

and even showed how to handle the nuisance reporters.

400% agree onlee. He has spoken sensibly, as opposed to his contemporary actor who is baring his teeth like the crypto-EJ urban naxal that he is.

Facts known so far from Tuticorin:

* Massive protest march to commemorate the 100th day was planned early on and TN Intelligence had info about these meetings where all social activists participated.
* Fatima Babu, the main NGO kingpin of the anti-Sterlite movement, actually refused to participate in the 100th day activism.
* Despite all info being known, TN Police arrested the wrong people as a precaution - including Fatima Babu herself. None of the naxals and EJ padres who were coordinating the real bloodbath were touched. Why?
* Four protest marches were planned. Police were able to defuse three of them peacefully.
* The fourth one which was the biggest (10,000+) people was the one that got violent. This was pulled together by the church from where the march started. Padres were apparently appealing at mass for weeks to get people to participate.
* Four of the eleven dead are RoL. Indicates the high proportion of RoL in the region as well as in the protests.
* One padre was shot and injured. There was a later attempt to spread rumors that he was dead, aimed at restarting violence.
* In an interview, this padre gave enough hints that people were venting to the church about doing something big and the church playing an "emotional support" role.

Completely agree that EPS should have done what Rajni did today. ADMK bigwigs only know how to obey someone stronger. They are not leaders.

After all this, there is just NO WAY Sterlite can operate in Tuticorin. But, I am disappointed at Modi's silence. I would expect a dog whistle from the GoI or BJP - a BJP-ruled state publicly offering a new home to Sterlite - and Suresh Prabhu reaffirming India's commitment to "Make in India" and offering all support to Vedanta for relocating and reasserting India's position in the Copper export market soon. It would also have been great if some noises had been made about infusing more openness in Pollution Control Boards, such as public sharing of effluent data submitted by industries.

The EJ ecosystem will now move to the container transshipment port project. That project is a lot more strategic to India than Sterlite. The bloodhounds will be drooling at the prospect of scuttling that one.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed May 30, 2018 7:41 pm

salaam wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:34 pm
Gus wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Thank you kind sir. Next time, kindly quote when replying, or I would have missed.
Thanks Gus. Done. what a relief!