The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
srikumar
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by srikumar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:40 am

gablu mian.....if you come here asking for photons from BGF posters (i.e. BGF-ites, please shed light) on some (or even one) conspiracy theory on ...Facebook of all places, you'll be spending a lot of time on fishing expeditions (let alone facebook, even media articles are very suspect). Apna time tho barbaad karoge hi....baakiyon ka bhi time bardaad karenge (translation: you'll end up wasting your time....and others' too).

Part of the modus operandi is for some people is to post sinister stuff on Mukh-Pustak (facebook) and other places and wait for someone to bite/propagate it.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 am

You don't need FB to tell you that there are those that oppose Modi and Shah in the BJP. Anywhere there is an opinion or leader, there is a counter. Irrespective of party or country. There are pro Gandhi and anti Gandhi in INC. common sense really, but then again its not as common as the name phrase implies.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 am

gablu wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 am
I read some CTs in FB that there is a growing section in BJP who are opposed to NM-AS and want a change in PM candidate before going to 2019 polls. As far fetched as it might sound, can anybody throw some light on this CT?
Yep, absolutely true! Not a CT at all... Started with Shotgun even as of the 2014 elections... Then Shourie joined the movement against NM-AS.... It has since gathered further momentum with the great Yashwant Sinhaji joining the bandwagon. There's the growth!

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:09 am

^^^ Exactly......old stuff, publicly known.
And sure...these guys have the clout bring about that change in leadership mentioned in some random FB post. :)

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 pm
No need to try and set up an adversarial debate by positioning your opinions as contrary to a "consensus". I don't think any such consensus exists here, as you can probably see from recent posts. Neither am I trying to promote any such consensus. Let me explain one more time:
It's already an "adversarial debate" when there are posts like this. Funny you didn't comment on that post. So yeah, there is a view here that anyone who criticizes Shah or Modi is a troll, paid agent, wolf in sheep's clothing etc. Whether you agree there is consensus or not, the fact that people are not allowed to express any disagreement suggests tgat.
- I am pointing out that NaMo is going to do his personal campaign his way and not your way, and that he will not likely be overtly Hindutva. No surprise there since he has been very clear what his deal with the electorate is, and what promises he will fulfil. All his promises have been on development - whether you like it or not - and many were very specific in nature. He got elected in 2014 and he is going to tell the electorate whether he fulfilled the promises. Now do not try to find fault with NaMo by projecting your personal desires on him and then saying he failed or disappointed you!
It's not my fault that you choose to interpret what I've expressed as "projecting my desires on Modi". I was talking of BJP. BJP got the 2014 vote for multiple reasons, one of which was Indic. But mostly because people wanted change.

But the thing that truly differentiates BJP from the rest is ideological. Let's not kid ourselves by suggesting that BJP candidates are completely honest and taint free. Yes they are better than the opposition but they are not angels. Both sides take bribes, only difference is that BJP won't sell the country out. This isn't to say Modi is corrupt like some of his party men. But if you interpret it that way, well that's on you.

My point is, India and Indians are still more concerned about caste than the elephant in the room - slow takeover of the country by the non-indics. That's a sad fact and you can't run away from it. The only thing that unites castes is the common umbrella of Hinduism. In KA people voted JDS even though everyone knows the CMs dad owns 1000s of acres of prime land in someone else's name, even though they know that he didn't do anything for years as CM. They chose caste over development. Lingayats, some at least, voted Congress because they promised them a separate religion and reservations. Yeddi was fielded for his caste alone. Otherwise the guy is a corrupt man. My friend went to his PA's house warming.. an 8 crore property in the middle of nowhere. If his PA has such money, do you think Yeddi doesn't?

But BJP need him for caste arithmetic. My point is, why stick to caste, go broader and get the Hindu vote instead. BJP will find it hard to win the caste battle because others can do it better and have experience dividing Hindus. Uniting them is a far more positive message.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:01 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:22 am
I'm sorry. Amazon and Walmart are now EJ?? Wow that's a great CT
The apex 2000 to 3000 elitemen in USA own

(1) Military industrial complex
(2) Federal US Govt's foreign policy units including CIA
(3) and also Missionaries
(4) Banks, national level mediamen
They dont own local state / district polity/admin/courts due to RTR, JurySys and they also dont own local mediamen.

(In India, elitemen own everything)

So when SoMoKe and congress/rss/aap leaders/workers strengthen usuk-elitemen by enabling them to devor sectors of Indian economy via FDI, SoMoKe etc are also indirectly but in many powerful ways, helping Missionaries in India to grow

Why do elitemen help Missionaries? Because elitemen need soldiers to die and kill, but not criminals who will follow no code. And Missionaries convert normal youth into soldiers willing to die and kill, and someone who will follow a code. I call it "clash of civilization 101" --- administrative procedures, court procedures, weapon manufacturing technology, weapons and RELIGION , all move in the same boat.

This is how world has been since 10000 BC. And thats how world will be for at least 10 years. And 10 years is as far as I am willing to see.

So SoGa/Arke and congress/aap leaders/workers openly support missionaries

while Modiji, rss-leaders, rss-workers oppose missionaries on paper, but help missionaries by enabling walmart etc to take over sectors of Indian economy via FDI

solutions are OST.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:53 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 am
KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 pm
No need to try and set up an adversarial debate by positioning your opinions as contrary to a "consensus". I don't think any such consensus exists here, as you can probably see from recent posts. Neither am I trying to promote any such consensus. Let me explain one more time:
It's already an "adversarial debate" when there are posts like this. Funny you didn't comment on that post. So yeah, there is a view here that anyone who criticizes Shah or Modi is a troll, paid agent, wolf in sheep's clothing etc. Whether you agree there is consensus or not, the fact that people are not allowed to express any disagreement suggests tgat.
My point was different re. this. It was about the "core agenda" obsession that some on here tend to project and always find a way to say Modi/Shah are not good enough for their "coreness" And I tend to think, based on the observable patterns of some posters, that those professing to be looking out for such an agenda are often masqueraders that want to weaken the center-right base by making Modi-Shah look incompetent at their "real" job.

It is another matter that the most common reaction here to such drivel is that it takes time and years of groundwork to even get closer to getting anything done on the so-called core agenda. Yet, there is just a constant stream of whining on why visit a mosque, temple issues, etc., etc.,

In fact, no matter how much of twisted logic that people like @abhishekc, @vina (on BRF) et al display, they come from a truly adversarial perspective, which I agree is good for an open discussion. Hope I make some sense. If not, feel free to ignore... I am just one person.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:19 am

gablu wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 am
I read some CTs in FB that there is a growing section in BJP who are opposed to NM-AS and want a change in PM candidate before going to 2019 polls. As far fetched as it might sound, can anybody throw some light on this CT?
Are you new to politics? :shock:

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:32 am

Prasan wrote:BJP needs to clarify its position in social media. Whatever they stand for has to be spoken boldly. They are rather silent and thinking matter will somehow pass. But then new issue comes up and bad perception builds slowly among masses.
We must also understand that as the opposition (and with no responsibility) Congress and the "seculars" can always be on the shoot & scoot mode. Also let us remind ourselves of the Chinese proverb; "A lie would go around the world and come back, before truth even wear its chappals to start the journey". The whole MSM is gloating about a farmer's revolution in some Northern states. But today I also saw at least two videos in which it was clearly shown that Congress workers were actually forcing farmers to protest and through their products on the road etc. But in this battle BJP would have to totally leverage its cadre and sympathisers. They are not going to get help from any other quarters.
KL Dubey wrote:In case you havent been following the news, the campaign slogan for 2019 is 'saaf niyat sahi vikas'. For 2014 it was 'achhe din aane wale hain'. It is all about development and that is what NaMo has been repeating for years. I fail to understand why people dont listen.
I feel that at a national level (and more as an election vision) BJP should go along with this. The Hindutwa stuff should be left to the lower rungs of BJP leadership and perhaps addressed at a grass root level. Doing that at a national level is only going to help "seculars" polarise the "minority votebank" to their side.
darshhan wrote:Anyways many of the so called core Hindutva issues are not top performers at the ballot box. Just go and ask an ordinary hindu, what he thinks about removing unjust RTE and removing govt control over temples.
Exactly. I have been asking many people about their opinion on RTE. Many have no clue on what this stuff is all about. I am not talking about illiterates here, but so called IT-Vity champs. Many people are fine if their kids get education from some "English medium" school. RTE, how minority community byepasses etc. are not even known to many people.
Now as far as polarization and subsequent mobilization of Hindus on religious grounds is concerned, I sincerely doubt if we can achieve it on a national scale.
That is why I said that at national level, Na.Mo should continue with the Sabka saath, sabka vikas style plans. That is going to make every one happy. But at the constituency level, it has to be the local BJP folks who needs to understand the fault lines and then have a constituency specific plan to get the voters to their side. Door to door campaign, Panna-pramukh style functioning etc. becomes important here. And also we must know that "seculars" also would now try to have similar campaigns.

For such issues, there has to be a sustained media campaign to highlight how it is unfair. The "Triple Talaq" case can be taken as a template. There was a widespread belief among the people that "Triple Talaq" is unfair. And it was only with that kind of social awareness was the legislation made any impact. Any law first needs to get social acceptance. Just trying to bring in some changes without even checking if people are aware of its impact, would backfire.
JohnTitor wrote: Again, an example here is demonisation. Many people who votes BJP turned against BJP because their usual easy way of life was disrupted.
+100 to that. I personally know folks who have become totally anti-Namo after De.Mo. These chaps were very pro-BJP, and even from communities who would never be allowed to improve in a non-Hindu majority nation. But once De.Mo pushed them out of their comfort zones, their music changed.
crams wrote:Guys on another note, not sure what RSS guys are thinking, but whats all this BS about inviting Pranab Mukherji to address them? Doesn't make any sense on the face of it, unless there is some strategy to it which is not obvious to me.
I don't know what Pranab.Da is going to speak in the RSS function. But;
1. It has now proven that RSS is an organisation to stay. It can even invite a former President (and that too from a different political party) to its function. And many people also accept that invite.
2. The "seculars" are now in confused state. "Uber-seculars" have already started abusing Pranab.
gablu wrote:I read some CTs in FB that there is a growing section in BJP who are opposed to NM-AS and want a change in PM candidate before going to 2019 polls. As far fetched as it might sound, can anybody throw some light on this CT?
This would be one of those tricks by the "secular" camp. Yes there are people who are opposed against NM-AS. But those people are already been exposed and shown their rightful places. M/s S&Y Sinha, Loh Purush, A Shourie etc have been shown their right places. Now "seculars" are also crying that Sushma Swaraj is a good person (but who is in a wrong camp). The traitors within the BJP seems to have already been identified and pretty much neutralised.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:23 pm

This inviting Pranab babu to RSS function can spectacularly explode in RSS face. Do they know that you can never trust these Luytens.
Imagine Pranab Babu, a hardcore congressman and that too a Bengali speaks unpalatable about RSS or starts giving seckular Kool-Aid gyan to them. Imagine the optics of such message. It is a bad bad bad idea to invite him.
By instinct, I don't trust congressmen - from Mohandas Gandhi to Rahul Gandhi.

PS: He was part of the cabinet which coined the phrase of Hindu terrorism and framed Col. Purohit and Sadhvi Pragya. So not much of respect left for him.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Dubeyji, BJP should have a working majority in RS by July if they can get parties like BJD, AIADMK, TDP on board who are not vociferously anti-BJP. If they still fail to pass TT bill then ordinance route is the way to go. There is also a possibility that SC will pass Nikah Halala and polygamy judgements by then. So all three can go into the bill or ordinance.

John has a point. I also don't think many Hindus are able to see beyond their caste and a Hindutva narrative is necessary. Using Modi and Yogi in tandem may work.

BJP historically is a new entrant in KT. Its best so far has been 110. So 104 is very good work.

I think they have started TV campaigns for 2019. I think apart from clip on work done for poor there should be a separate clip for work done for middle class.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm

upper middle class hindus do not stand in long queues - other than in areas where they are the majority - posh urban constituencies.

all these years, the UMCH has been whining about how only they care about the nation and rest are just idiots who vote based on false promises from vote-bank parties blah blah..and why vote because everybody is a thief blah blah

finally, they have a govt that has done so many thing right to improve the nation in many fronts - military, foreign affairs, economy, infra, socio-cultural issue etc etc etc...just the sheer amount of mess the nation was in 4 years ago, and the volume of work done to fix many things...

and the UMCH is whining about not being enthusiastic about voting, because tax slabs (never mind that exemption do add up better than before)...because temples, because RTE :roll:

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Modi is looting everyone. No money in hand.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/rs-24000- ... ays-report

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Supratik wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:58 pm
Dubeyji, BJP should have a working majority in RS by July if they can get parties like BJD, AIADMK, TDP on board who are not vociferously anti-BJP.
AIADMK is on board, I think. But TDP is now vociferously anti-BJP. I think BJD is getting to that stage too, since Navin babu has found that BJP is increasingly eating his lunch (or drinking his liquor??) in Odisha.

It will be great if the SC declares NH and polygamy illegal soon, and these can be bundled with TT into one hard-hitting ordinance by NaMo,

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Yes, just read Naidu has gone bonkers. But BJD, YSRCP, AIADMK should get them through. First they need to get the deputy chairman position so that voting takes place even if there is disruption.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:32 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:39 pm
It will be great if the SC declares NH and polygamy illegal soon, and these can be bundled with TT into one hard-hitting ordinance by NaMo,
Not sure there are grounds to ban NH - consenting adults and stuff. Are there any M countries that have banned polygamy?

Nandu
BGR Newbie

Post by Nandu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:36 am

Supratik wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm
Modi is looting everyone. No money in hand.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/rs-24000- ... ays-report
These may be defunct companies in MCA books. But they are legitimate bank accounts with legitimate authorised signatories to draw cash out. Our best hope lies in the IT Dept going after them for undisclosed income of the past or even income for the assessment year 2017-18 and get a portion of this 24000 crore.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:41 am

(1) yes, walmart is EJ company
JohnTitor wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:22 am
I'm sorry. Amazon and Walmart are now EJ?? Wow that's a great CT
The apex 2000 to 3000 elitemen in USA own

(1) Military industrial complex
(2) Federal US Govt's foreign policy units including CIA
(3) and also Missionaries
(4) Banks, national level mediamen
They dont own local state / district polity/admin/courts due to RTR, JurySys and they also dont own local mediamen.

(In India, elitemen own everything)

So when SoMoKe and congress/rss/aap leaders/workers strengthen usuk-elitemen by enabling them to devor sectors of Indian economy via FDI, SoMoKe etc are also indirectly but in many powerful ways, helping Missionaries in India to grow

Why do elitemen help Missionaries? Because elitemen need soldiers to die and kill, but not criminals who will follow no code. And Missionaries convert normal youth into soldiers willing to die and kill, and someone who will follow a code. I call it "clash of civilization 101" --- administrative procedures, court procedures, weapon manufacturing technology, weapons and RELIGION , all move in the same boat.

This is how world has been since 10000 BC. And thats how world will be for at least 10 years. And 10 years is as far as I am willing to see.

So SoGa/Arke and congress/aap leaders/workers openly support missionaries

while Modiji, rss-leaders, rss-workers oppose missionaries on paper, but help missionaries by enabling walmart etc to take over sectors of Indian economy via FDI. solutions are OST.

------------

(2) Most important local issue in Kairana is islamist menance. And yet RSS lost. why?

Modiji-apologist and rss-workers are all peddling high octane stuff that rss lost kairana loksabha byelection because byelection is centered around local issues and on local issues rss doesnt do well, while rss doesn excellent on national issues !!!

Well, the MOST important local issue in Kairana is islamist criminals' menance. And amongst number of those who actually voted, some 60% were Hindus (no official estimate, only my estimate). And maha thug bandhan candidate was a known jehadi herself. All locals know her and her father's affiliations with local islamist thugs. So islamist menance is no.1 issue, the opposition candidate herself is an islamist gundi and daughter of a know islamist gunda, and yet as many as 20% hindus who voted , did NOT vote for RSS and instead voted for opposition. And then count lakhs of Hindus who simply refused to vote.

So suffices to say, Hindus particularly lower caste hindus are realizing that islamist menance is a problem and rss-workers are psuedo-solutions. And the reason why lower caste and OBC are shunning rss = bjp because they are realizing the caste cards do matter in rss.

A similar situation is in Jammu. rss-leaders and rss-workers OPENLY support Rohingye. They also support settling in of Kashmiri muslims from Kashmir into Jammu. In Jammu, rss-leaders and rss-workers stooped low to the extent of printing law that if a Kashmiri Tribal moves into Jammu, and illegally occupies govt land, then govt cant evacuate him till alternate residence is provided in Jammu itself !!! And all this was because rss-leaders and rss-workers get bribes from sponsors of Rohingye and KMs. And at the risk of facing ban on BRF2, let me make it clear in bold and capitals, that Modiji did NOT oppose this law. (proof : if Modiji had opposed this law, then he could have stopped cabinet from printing this Gazette Notification and stopped Governor from signing it . FYI, every file that comes to cabinet first comes to Bhagwatji's and Modiji's keyman namely Ram Madhav. And a file comes to Governor after Ram Madhav clears it. And I have NO problem with Ram Madhav working as defacto JK Governor . I am only against anti-Hindu and anti-India decision Ram Madhav is taking as per wishes of BJP-leader Mohan Bhagwat and RSS-leader Modiji).

So Hindus in Jammu have realized that Modiji, rss-leaders and rss-workers are all psuedo solutions to islamist menance in India. So in next election, many Jammu Hindus may dump rss = bjp vote for congress.

In general, across India, over 90% Hindus accept that ismalist menance is problem. And many Hindus dumped congress/aap/sp/bsp etc and voted for Modiji, rss-leaders and rss-workers because they were fooled into believing by paidmediamen that Modiji, rss-leaders and rss-workers are solution to islamist mess. But as Hindus realize that Modiji, rss-leaders, rss-workers are pseudo-solutions, many Hindus may dump Modiji / rss and and mayl come back to congress/aap/sp etc parties. solutions are OST.

--------------

(3) how SoMoKe and congress/rss/aap are further fubarring , engineering education in India, beyond recognition
In Gujarat Technical university's may-2018 examination of one civil engineering subject , some 70 marks questions were repeated from may-2017 examination !!!

https://www.gujaratsamachar.com/index.p ... ked-paper-
... મળતી માહિતી મુજબ ૧૫મી મેના રોજ સિવિલ એન્ડ ઈન્ફ્રાસ્ટ્રકચર એન્જિનિયરિંગ કોર્સમાં જીટીયુ દ્વારા લેવાયેલી ચોથા સેમેસ્ટરની પરીક્ષામાં બિલ્ડિંગ ,ટાઉન એન્ડ ઈન્ફ્રાસ્ટ્રકચર પ્લાનિંગ નામના વિષયમાં ૭૦ માર્કસના જે પ્રશ્નો પુછાયા હતા તે પ્રશ્નો ૨૦૧૭ની પરીક્ષામાં પણ પુછાયા હતા. ....

approx translation --- In Gujarat Technical university's may-2018 examination of one civil engineering subject , some 70 marks questions were repeated from may-2017 examination !!! This has become routine now --- every year as many 70% questions are repeated from past 5 years' tests. So one has to mug up past tests' answers and bingo ---- one gets 60% with ease !!

No wonder why Mahindra Tech CEO says that as many as 80% of IT graduates are unemployable !!!

All in all, SoMoKe and congress/rss/aap workers will furbar engineering education to an extent that even iPhone image recognition system or best image recognoition system wont be able to recognize. Solutions are OST

------------

(4) Bill Clinton opposes EVM , and in cot-2017 virgina state usa cancelled all EVMs and returned to paper ballots !!
Pls google. BIll Clinton has opposed EVM, and demanded that paper ballots should be used across USA. Also google "virgina paper ballot" and you will get oct-2017 news that virgina state has defacto banned all EVMs and decided to use paper ballots, with ELECTRONIC or manual counting.

Now on ALL economic/political issues, I never quote any non-Indian leader or expert, even if nobel prize winner. Nor will I suggest that "see, a foreign country or state or district did X and lets do X" I do cite them as reference. But never pose them as any guide. But this EVM issue is TECHNICAL issue and not political / economic. My statement since 1989 AD (yes, no typo, since 1989 AD, not BC) has been "paper ballots are much much safer than EVM to problem of MASS - TEMPERING , and so paper ballots should be used and not EVMs". Even in my july-2010 newspaper advt and in oct-2012, I kept it technical issue only. I never accused any party/person of accusing EVM. And yes, if anyone is hacking EVMs in India, then it can ONLY be CIA. Because congress/rss/aap or SoMoKe or Indian-elitemen do NOT have size, and strength and technical logistics to hack EVMs. And also force mediamen to keep radio silence on this issue. But sadly, we have EVM-andhbhagats in India who converted this TECHNICAL issue into political, and that too into some vyakti-puja issue

I request all to decide whether he wants to be EVM-andhbhagat or oppose EVM. If you wish to oppose EVM , then there are good SM OST methods.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:28 am

Vikas wrote:Imagine Pranab Babu, a hardcore congressman and that too a Bengali speaks unpalatable about RSS or starts giving seckular Kool-Aid gyan to them. Imagine the optics of such message. It is a bad bad bad idea to invite him.
This is actually a pretty much known risk, and is easily guessed. So has RSS actually thought through this and have some plans from their side as well?
Gus wrote:upper middle class hindus do not stand in long queues - other than in areas where they are the majority - posh urban constituencies.
And these are also the folks who expects maximum things from the government, based on their whims and fancies.
SSundar wrote:Not sure there are grounds to ban NH - consenting adults and stuff.
I think in Nikah-E-Halala, the condition that the woman (who is divorced) should get married to another person, before going back to the first marriage; this can be used to say that it is discrimanatory in nature. Both man and the woman (who were married first & divorced) have decided to get married again. Then why go for a marriage with a 3rd person? X'ians and Hindus do not have such a provision.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:30 am

Perhaps we need to have a separate thread to track the "Constituition in Danger" comments from various sources. Here is one for today.
Indian Constitution in danger, writes Goa’s Archbishop

Mean while, Chidambaram just goes around from various courts to various enforcement agency offices...
Chidambaram appears before ED in Aircel-Maxis PMLA case
and .... Patch up bid: Amit Shah to meet Uddhav Thackeray

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:07 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:41 am
No wonder why Mahindra Tech CEO says that as many as 80% of IT graduates are unemployable !!!
Mehta Ji, Not against you but the guy who you have quoted himself is the most unfit person to be CEO of TechM, but still he is, so take his nonsense with pinch of salt. same is true for so many other whose job is to crib, complain and cry when going gets tough.
Same of these 80% IT graduates were being happily gobbled up by his company when world was all rose and milk and he was encashing Rs.300 crore worth of stock(while employees were being mass fired from Tech mahindra).

As far repeating questions is concerned, you pick up question papers of last 5 years from any university, more often than not, you will find questions being repeated. Heck in my 12th standard, we had this theory that Question papers repeat themselves every alternate years and tuition teachers would collect question paper from 12th standard students. So it is not like it is a recent phenomenon.
Don't know why you are blaming your usual suspects for question papers.

EVM maybe evil but we have seen how paper ballots were filled and stamped in the past. What about those countries who use EVM just to counter the argument about bringing in Bill Clinton.

So where is the solution other than platitudes.

PS: What is RSS-BJP-Modiji-Amist Shah benefit in selling India to Islamists and Xtians ? Isn't it the fastest way of losing elections and your core voters.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am

Food vigilantism has reached India and in today's day and age, foreign companies are being intimidated.

OFF THE MENU

OFF THE MENU

Monday, 04 June 2018

Off the menu

One must respect the co-existence of tastebuds rather than giving into food vigilantism

There is no sincerer love than the love of food, said George Bernard Shaw. Therefore, rightfully that is one emotion, given its primacy, freedom and comfort in people's lives, we must remain truly honest to. Food is the greatest democracy in the world and there is no way it should be subject to human constructs of racism, religiosity or conformity. So it is that food lovers are upset that their famous pizza pepperoni is off the menu at their favourite chain Domino's and some of Pizza Hut too. Well, the reasons cited are low stocks of pork, poor demand, compromised quality of supplies and cost-effectiveness. But overriding all this is an unsaid diktat that keeping it on the lists might upset religious sensitivities. In fact, Domino's international has had a history of knocking off unsuitable items from their menu in the UK to suit the local customer profile and some such. Popular food culture should never ever be policed for that is one place where there is unbridled choice and everybody is considered informed, mature and committed enough to make their own picks. No swing votes here, please. Any isolationist policy only restricts a perfectly apolitical and egalitarian space in society and ends up stereotyping the diner. The latest beef ban is an example of how food politics can have tragic consequences and offer a ready platter for fringe fundamentalists to feast on and unnecessarily float a peeve.

Given the volume of online petitions for the return of pizza pepperoni, the low demand argument doesn't quite hold good as this variant is the chief draw for most brands. With young executives battling competitive and long hours of work in cities across India, ordering a pizza has become almost a chore. So there is no question of falling demand, let alone in cosmopolitan Delhi, where outlets have sliced the popular item off their menus. In fact, rival Pizza Express says that its pepperoni continues to be most sought after and generates good business enough. Of course, there are safety concerns like the quality of all meats, including pork, and their preservation in the country, more so with pigs as they are carriers of virus and bacteria too. But in the absence of guaranteed processed meats, most other hospitality and franchise chains are relying on safe imported variants. While this raises the input cost, a review of consumptive patterns could work out a more rational, zonal distribution, limited supply in low-demand areas and higher in others. Franchises of international majors, who have been compelled to include some Indianised elements in their menus, must realise that they have not been able to impact India's own vibrant cuisine traditions, including its eclectic carnivorous ones, with their presence. Their Indian accents are not the cult favourites, their meaty bites are. So they should focus on their core hot-sellers in the mass market and respect the co-existence of tastebuds rather than giving into food vigilantism.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am

chetak wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am
Food vigilantism has reached India and in today's day and age, foreign companies are being intimidated.
I will act like Marie Antoniette and say "If they cannot have pork, let them have beef instead..". Off course this would be a a boost to "secularism" and "communal harmony" in India :lol: .

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 am

Something I don't get..
Why do famous people complain about trolls on SM. Bhai/Bhen, You are on SM to get people interested in your life and when they really get involved, you feel offended.
Latest is that people have been crying hoarse over trolling of TV actress Hina khan for her video and revealing pics during Ramzan and Mandira Bedi.
Well ! If it hurts you so much, why not get off the SM. If there were no trolls, no one would even know that people like Swara Bhaskar D/O retd navy Admiral and Rana Ayub or Unsubtledesi even existed.

"Yes we are trolls and nasty ones. We will criticize you and rip you apart for everything you do or don't but don't forget, your SM profile value comes from me being your follower, so deal with it..."

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 pm

PC summoned and questioned for 7 hrs, it seems.

ST as well..in his case.