The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
chaitanya
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by chaitanya » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:14 pm

^ Wouldn't this be beneficial for BJP? In UP, TT was thought to have provided a boost for BJP among muslim women voters. If BJP can show that cong+allies are against TT then it might help them garner more votes...

Anyway, I am confident Modi will repeatedly beat them over the head over this Rafale business during campaigns. So much evidence has been published to call out cong's BS

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:19 pm

I don't think BJP will get any meaningful muslim women votes, to make an impact in vote count. Not in this election at least.

But it is a good thing to do for the nation and society, and it's always good to keep enemy in defensive mode by throwing attacks on splitting their vote banks.

In general, the game is played like this - it is forcing the opposition to take a stand where both options are bad for them.

If AIMIM goes all out against this, muslim votes will polarize to them and congress will be forced to either follow AIMIM lead and lose the votes, or try and one-up AIMIM and counter-polarize hindu votes.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:06 pm

There was talk in one of the recent elections (forgot which one) that muslim men did not allow their women to go out and vote for fear of them voting for BJP. Probably just mind games by BJP.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Let me expand a bit on the most popular political game being played.

parties have a natural vote base. They want to keep that base, and try and put together a coalition from other groups/identities/base - by several means

1. alliance, buy that whole group. works when vote transfer can work.
2. break that group away from that party - by proving you are a better option to that group. this is a long process.
3. divide that group by pushing a part of it to another party.

you do 3, by picking up on a point where the party is forced to defend that group, but defending that group will put their coalition at risk, and not defending would see splinters or wholesale migration to another party.

it remains to be seen how effective these things are - but amit shah has stated that no seats will go uncontested, and implies that no groups will be given up by default. Attacking muslim vote base is what bjp does to force congress to spend energy in defending it, or risk losing it to AIMIM type parties.

Now guess what the hindutva nota guys are doing and who they are helping?

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:13 pm

So, how was Amit Shah's rally in Kolkata today? Any firecrackers against JihaDidi? How big was the crowd?

JihaDidi's change of stance on NRC, between 2005 & 2018, is the real poriborton in WB :roll:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:04 pm

la.khan wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:13 pm
So, how was Amit Shah's rally in Kolkata today? Any firecrackers against JihaDidi? How big was the crowd?

JihaDidi's change of stance on NRC, between 2005 & 2018, is the real poriborton in WB :roll:
I understand that local channels blacked out his speech.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:12 pm

twitter

Sambit Patra✔@sambitswaraj

[b]“ये mobile Modi ji ने BHEL से क्यों नहीं ख़रीदा?” ...This is the understanding of a Politician who wants to be our PM ??

An extremely “Electrifying” speech ..feeling “Heavy” after hearing it ..indeed “Bharat” has “Limited” edition of such Matured Politicians!!

9:03 PM - Aug 10, 2018

1,836 Replies 7,662 Retweets 15,427 likes[/b]

One of the several public sector undertakings (PSUs) in the engineering sector, BHEL does not manufacture mobile phones. BHEL’s primary products include heavy machinery including generators, turbines, motors, pumpsets, and locomotives.

Electronics are manufactured by two other PSUs – Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) and Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) – of which neither manufacture mobile phones. The last major PSU, Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) manufactures earthmovers, metro trainsets, and dumpers.

The only PSU to manufacture telecom equipment is the Indian Telephone Industries Limited (ITIL). Based out of Doorvaninagar in Bengaluru, it used to manufacture landline phones but now only manufacturers equipment such as routers, switches and exchanges.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:20 pm

As I expected, BJP's charge in Bengal will be based on NRC. Also, Amit Shah very clearly mentioned the Citizen Amendment Bill for providing citizenship to Hindu Refugees. This will put at rest any remnant of disquiet or misgivings among bengali hindus in Assam, Bengal and Tripura. Expect fireworks and pitched battle in Bengal'19. After UP , it is going to be most hard fought battle in my view from BJP's perspective. While UP will vote on whether Hindutva can trump caste, Bengal will vote on whether Bengal can survive as it is. Mamata has boxed herself in a corner while BJP's only weakness will be lack of a charismatic leader at state level. Modi will have to play extra innings in Bengal. Also, expect churn in TMC for their local cadre. Mukul Roy will be handy for that purpose.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:56 am

^^Yes, as I said before a successful NRC result (i.e. striking all illegals from the election rolls) in Assam will surely pave the way for NRC in WB. Amit Shah makes it clear in no uncertain terms that his goal is to strike off all illegals from the rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXaqXOW-5oo

Also note his repeated insistence that BJP will be winning 20-22 LS seats in WB. It is a credible assertion. A few years ago people would laugh if someone said the NDA will come to power in Tripura or sweep the northeast in LS election. Yet today we are firmly in control of the northeast - and if NRC Assam is successful then it will be nearly a clean sweep of the 25-odd LS seats from the NE region.

I can't think of a more direct attack ever in the last 50 years on the "green" strategy of pulling off election victories through demographic change. And people still grumble about "not doing enough for Hindu causes".

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am

After Karan Thapar, now another well known Modi-baiter (Puny Person Bajpai) spills his guts painfully all over "The Wire":

https://thewire.in/media/punya-prasun-b ... endra-modi

All these guys seem to be in a really bad shape these days.

Modi's strategy of complete silence/ignoring these jokers (while Shah slowly does the job on them) is working brilliantly. And furthermore the majority (in terms of readership/viewership) of the Indian media is now overtly pro-Modi.

Soon the entire media will be awash with promotional ads advertising NaMo Sarkar's achievements in the run up to GE 2019. And there is plenty to crow about. The opposition will be entirely drowned out and will end up mechanically repeating the same old gripes ("where is 15 lakh per person? where are 2 crore jobs? why Modi wears hilarious headdresses?"). You can see it in almost every 'bating session on TV. They have almost nothing to talk about.

And some people keep whining that BJP has no media strategy!

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:12 pm

frankly, there are few bigger hindutva issue than staving off the demographic aggression. the endgame is still not clear, but IFF they can pull it off it would change politicis in India forever.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:44 pm

chetak wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:04 pm
I understand that local channels blacked out his speech.
Some thing I have noticed is that; one or two BJP friendly channels would telecast the speech. And then a lot of Sanghies make a small video of it and start circulating it on social media. What ever was achieved by blocking the speech on local channels gets lost by this move.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:12 pm
frankly, there are few bigger hindutva issue than staving off the demographic aggression. the endgame is still not clear, but IFF they can pull it off it would change politicis in India forever.
Sorry, to correct you but There is one and only one real Hindutva isssue and that is to stave off the demographic aggression. The only one that truly matters. As I have said it before, rest all is short team political mobilization issues but not existential threat.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:47 pm

achoudhury wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:27 pm
Rahul M wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:12 pm
Sorry, to correct you but There is one and only one real Hindutva isssue and that is to stave off the demographic aggression. The only one that truly matters. As I have said it before, rest all is short team political mobilization issues but not existential threat.
That's exactly why every Hindu should STFU and stand behind Modi especially after a successful Assam NRC.
Do BD muslims in Assam marry Indian muslims? If so the kids are considered Indian.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:03 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am
After Karan Thapar, now another well known Modi-baiter (Puny Person Bajpai) spills his guts painfully all over "The Wire":

Modi's strategy of complete silence/ignoring these jokers (while Shah slowly does the job on them) is working brilliantly. And furthermore the majority (in terms of readership/viewership) of the Indian media is now overtly pro-Modi.

Soon the entire media will be awash with promotional ads advertising NaMo Sarkar's achievements in the run up to GE 2019. And there is plenty to crow about. The opposition will be entirely drowned out and will end up mechanically repeating the same old gripes ("where is 15 lakh per person? where are 2 crore jobs? why Modi wears hilarious headdresses?"). You can see it in almost every 'bating session on TV. They have almost nothing to talk about.

Krantikari Bajpai, Abhisar Sharma and now Satish Acharya have been fired. Is it really Modi or do these magazines see a back lash and are they losing audience. Especially after the malayalam Mathrubhumi fiasco, they might be getting scared.
And why now less than one year before the elections. They only have to wait another 1 year before they know if BJP Is here to stay.

I am actually surprised by the all out stand of Times Now and Republic.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 am

Republic was pro-Modi from day 1

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:32 am

hanumadu wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:03 pm
KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am

Krantikari Bajpai, Abhisar Sharma and now Satish Acharya have been fired. Is it really Modi or do these magazines see a back lash and are they losing audience. Especially after the malayalam Mathrubhumi fiasco, they might be getting scared.
And why now less than one year before the elections. They only have to wait another 1 year before they know if BJP Is here to stay.

I am actually surprised by the all out stand of Times Now and Republic.
Contrary to the reports that were “fired”, grapevine is that they are simply unwinding and preparing for next big job. Zero loss minister is supposedly starting a channel and all these prestitues including bdutt may end up there.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:25 am

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 am

umar khalid fired at ..being floated by pidis while Delhi police says Khalid may not be the target...dynasty slaves want to hang Republic TV & Times Now for this .

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Don Quixote strikes again!

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... epage=true

"In an open challenge, Rahul calls Modi for a face-to-face debate on Rafale deal".

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:21 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:47 pm
That's exactly why every Hindu should STFU and stand behind Modi especially after a successful Assam NRC.
Do BD muslims in Assam marry Indian muslims? If so the kids are considered Indian.
They are not. Indian nationality law is clear on this. There is no jus soli citizenship in India anymore, i.e. being born in India no longer makes you Indian. Either of the following conditions must be met for birth in India:
* Both parents must be Indian, or
* One parent is Indian, and the other is NOT an illegal migrant.

for those born outside India,
* At least one parent must be Indian AND
* Child should be registered at an Indian mission within one year with proof that they did not voluntarily acquire documents of any other nationality (e.g. it's ok if they're US citizen by birth, but obtaining a US passport for the child disqualifies you from also getting Indian citizenship for the child).

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 pm

I suppose we have to figure out how to handle the one Indian parent and another illegal migrant situation. I am not sure we should penalize the kid for choices and issues the kid had no say. Separating families does not play well politically and morally (to me personally). I say this even when realizing that this is a demographic bomb issue and I am not the one who is directly impacted by the number of such people residing in Assam/WB/etc.

How big a BD-origin population can we realistically keep around as non-citizens inside, and how many generations of them? Hard questions..

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 pm

How big a BD-origin population can we realistically keep around as non-citizens inside, and how many generations of them? Hard questions..
Hard Answer is Zero. Yes, Zero.

Political Answer will , offcourse, depend on people's appetite for hard decision. Assam's appetite is zero. Rest of India needs to be readied. Solution is Cap, Rollback and Eliminate. Cap's first step is Nationwide NRC followed by disenfranchisement, rollback will be to make these identified illegals life unbearable in India i.e. no subsidy for food, education , health, driving license and if possible jobs and movement. Eliminate will be to keep doors open for them to go back to BD.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Gus wrote:
I suppose we have to figure out how to handle the one Indian parent and another illegal migrant situation. I am not sure we should penalize the kid for choices and issues the kid had no say. Separating families does not play well politically and morally (to me personally). I say this even when realizing that this is a demographic bomb issue and I am not the one who is directly impacted by the number of such people residing in Assam/WB/etc.

In the USA cases of family separations, the children are American by birth (BTW, absolutely stupid and coercive law...the children should have equivalent status as the parents....if i am a green card wallah, my children should be too until they are adults and can decide if they want to naturalize). The parents (one or both) are illegals. I agree there is a problem separating kids from illegal parents.

In the Indian case, there is absolutely no issue. The Indian parent is an adult and is free to either stay back in India or go to BD when the illegals in the family are deported. The children born of one or two illegal parents are NOT Indian citizens.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Gus wrote:

I think we're conflating various things here, particularly colored by US immigration happenings. I merely stated that the child born in India is not automatically a citizen according to Indian nationality law, if one parent is an illegal migrant. That is the letter of law. Whether or not they're separated or the family is ejected or whatever, is an entirely different matter of enforcement law.

In my view, here's what I'd ideally like to see for long term residency laws in this matter:
* Illegal migrant
Should not EVER have a path to citizenship without specific actions taken to naturalize. No backdating of residency requirement for naturalization, i.e. they cannot use time already spent in India as basis for naturalization. Coming forward includes a) full disclosure and biometric registration of identity and all family b) a cool down period post registration into an alien database c) a subsequent naturalization period of current duration (12 years). At minimum this means 15-20 years to naturalization. "Too long" ? Well, those who enter illegally don't get a break. Penalty for perjury in application is denaturalization and removal.
* Child of one Indian parent and one illegal migrant
Subject to standard naturalization timeline (12 years) or registration timeline (6 years), but only with full registration of illegal immigrant parent, or an affidavit by Indian national parent if separated.