The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Triank
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Triank » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:15 am

anybody here from pune? if yes, do you know & can you pls explain the spurt in the number of churches on the outskirts, esp Pune-Mumbai highway? they look new, and unlike the traditional-looking form of churches. single-storied, dazzling with lights, & have an almost 'american' look to them. a couple of months back i noticed two such within barely 10-20 metres of each other on opposite sides of the highway!

and yesterday, i was really astonished & pissed off to spot another such asuraalaya off the Pune-Mumbai highway, ahead Panvel, & beside the new Hiranandani building constructed there. this should really concern us, but all i see are oblivious & carefree Hindus as ever, now immersed in their obsession with celebration, Ganapati, pandaals, worship, dj naach-gaana, khaana-peena, visarjan, & then go back to the burrows of their utopia! :evil:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 am

Sachin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:02 am
chetak wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:15 am
There is a viewpoint being pushed in many media circles that it is the RSS which is vehemently opposing the amendment to art 377. No one mentions or highlights the vehement opposition by the xtian godmen and the mullah brigade.
The RSS statement on Sec.377 is well worded and issued at the right time. There is no threat, no violence and no talk about "God will punish etc.". Morally RSS does not agree with the verdict (and most of the average Indians out there would be able to agree), but it not trying disrupt the rule of the law as well.
I saw the statement too but unfortunately, it has not received much traction in any media. This is how the naxal press suppresses news.

I totally agree with this viewpoint and they are very wise to steer clear of any controversy.

Their prime constituency also has a similar viewpoint.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:13 am

Triank wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:15 am
anybody here from pune? if yes, do you know & can you pls explain the spurt in the number of churches on the outskirts, esp Pune-Mumbai highway? they look new, and unlike the traditional-looking form of churches. single-storied, dazzling with lights, & have an almost 'american' look to them. a couple of months back i noticed two such within barely 10-20 metres of each other on opposite sides of the highway!

and yesterday, i was really astonished & pissed off to spot another such asuraalaya off the Pune-Mumbai highway, ahead Panvel, & beside the new Hiranandani building constructed there. this should really concern us, but all i see are oblivious & carefree Hindus as ever, now immersed in their obsession with celebration, Ganapati, pandaals, worship, dj naach-gaana, khaana-peena, visarjan, & then go back to the burrows of their utopia! :evil:
If you ever get the chance, go and take a look at Tirupati and its surroundings for miles and miles around. :shock:

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Not looking good for Jaitley, even Subramanian Swamy is getting on his case.
Subramanian Swamy Verified account @Swamy39 8h8 hours ago
More
We have now two undeniable facts on the Mallya escape issue: 1. Look Out Notice was diluted on Oct 24, 2015 from “Block” to “Report” departure enabling Mallya to depart with 54 checked luggage items. 2. Mallya told FM in Central Hall of Parliament that he was leaving for London.

563 replies 3,181 retweets 7,297 likes
Reply 563 Retweet 3.2K Like 7.3K Direct message

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:18 pm

When Mallya is brought back to India and his assests auctioned off, Jaitley will be the one laughing.

SS has been on Jaitley's case for many years now and no body cares about it other than commie, congis of course.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 pm

But SS raises a valid point, why allow Mallya to leave the country in the first place? Now the govt. is spending a tons of money trying to get Mallya back. Also who was the person who ordered the downgrading of the lookout notice? The nation would certainly like to know that ! If it turns out to be Jaitley himself, I don't think he would be the one laughing then.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 pm
Not looking good for Jaitley, even Subramanian Swamy is getting on his case.
Subramanian Swamy Verified account @Swamy39 8h8 hours ago
More
We have now two undeniable facts on the Mallya escape issue: 1. Look Out Notice was diluted on Oct 24, 2015 from “Block” to “Report” departure enabling Mallya to depart with 54 checked luggage items. 2. Mallya told FM in Central Hall of Parliament that he was leaving for London.

563 replies 3,181 retweets 7,297 likes
Reply 563 Retweet 3.2K Like 7.3K Direct message
jetli seriously blocked swamy's entry into parliament.

swamy is not one to forgive or forget and why should he??

Despite best efforts, swamy sits in parliament today.

Better not to ever make an enemy of someone like swamy. You will live to regret it.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Manu Pubby Verified account @manupubby

When the #RafaleDeal was being negotiated under the #UPA regime, Mukesh Ambani's company was key offsets partner.

Tainted firm whose promotor is linked to Vadra also applied pressure.

The full Rafale offsets saga.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 am
I saw the statement too but unfortunately, it has not received much traction in any media. This is how the naxal press suppresses news.
I was also scanning the Malayalam media channels, mainly to get the views of the communist "intellectuals" (who at present may be only existing in KL). Surprisingly their response was also muted. No jarring or "very progressive & liberal" statements or show of strength (like "Kiss of Love" nonsense etc.). So what I could make out is that even in a so called "liberal & progressive" society, there is a stigma attached to being a gay/lesbian etc. No body wants to *still* openly state their preferences here, and all political parties also know that the Indian society is still high on the conservative side. Even commies do not want to be openly seen as so much "liberal" ;). The English media on the other hand would have lots of "people sitting in the ivory towers", and they are in their own world. No party will ever consider them to be vote bank, any ways.
Haldiram wrote:But SS raises a valid point, why allow Mallya to leave the country in the first place? Now the govt. is spending a tons of money trying to get Mallya back. Also who was the person who ordered the downgrading of the lookout notice?
When Mallya left the country was he also a Rajya Sabha MP, by any chance? Because then using that post he could have tweaked a few knobs here & there and got the level of alert reduced. Even a normal sarkaari babu may not want to confront a Member of Parliament, and may have just signed the order to reduce the alert. But yes, if some one can find out who actually signed on the order it would be interesting.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Savio Rodrigues 🇮🇳 @PrinceArihan
Sep 9

A 72-year old nun raped in WB. Christians across India took to streets, editorials written, thinking rapist Hindus. Painted India red. Rapist Bangladeshi Muslim. Now 44-year old Nun raped by Catholic Bishop and only few Kerala Christians fighting. #ArrestBishopFranco
72 replies 2,152 retweets 2,464 likes
Reply 72 Retweet 2.2K Like 2.5K

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:05 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:18 pm
When Mallya is brought back to India and his assests auctioned off, Jaitley will be the one laughing.

SS has been on Jaitley's case for many years now and no body cares about it other than commie, congis of course.
Neither will Mallya return (to India) nor will Jaitley be laughing. Only fools are the taxpayers.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Sachin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm
Haldiram wrote:But SS raises a valid point, why allow Mallya to leave the country in the first place? Now the govt. is spending a tons of money trying to get Mallya back. Also who was the person who ordered the downgrading of the lookout notice?
When Mallya left the country was he also a Rajya Sabha MP, by any chance? Because then using that post he could have tweaked a few knobs here & there and got the level of alert reduced. Even a normal sarkaari babu may not want to confront a Member of Parliament, and may have just signed the order to reduce the alert. But yes, if some one can find out who actually signed on the order it would be interesting.
Very much within the realm of possibility. But, if you go by SS tweet, per his sources the order for downgrading the lookout notice came from ministry of finance.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Swamy does not like Jetli. Mallya is absconding. His statement cannot be taken seriously until he returns and faces the law. He can make statements in front of the law officers and judges. Tomorrow he may claim he met and told God he is going to London. India does not have exit control unless it is for a criminal. The courts have taken a grim view of preventing alleged offenders from going abroad unless they are proven guilty by a court of law e.g. Karti Chidambaram.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:07 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:13 am
Triank wrote:

If you ever get the chance, go and take a look at Tirupati and its surroundings for miles and miles around. :shock:
havent had the misfortune to witness such a grotesque sight! the first and last time i had been to the pious place was many yrs back, never since then. but from what i came to know much later about the activities going on about there part. during & after the YSR-period....! :cry:

i recently read that even places like gujarat have been seeing a huge increase in the density of the pretaalayas esp post-2014 (& specifically after Swami Aseemanand's & Asaram bapu's arrests), forget southern india! :x

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:22 pm

reminds one of the phrase

round and round the rugged rock the ragged rascals ran

S Gurumurthy @sgurumurthy
Sep 10

S Gurumurthy Retweeted Rajesh Ghosh
Is the Gandhi family fighting Income Tax case? No. If IT proceedings are allowed to go on what will follow is money laundering case. The 90 cr loan from INC to NH was from fake companies (cheque for cash) which got exposed from AAP returned the fake donations. Certain PMLA case.

S Gurumurthy @sgurumurthy

The loan from INC to NH was never INC books. So INC wrote off what it did not lend. It turns out that INC had given cash and obtained cheques for NH. There was no entry of loan to NH in INC books as was originally thought. So what cheating first had become money laundering
8:06 AM - 10 Sep 2018

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Swamy should write his (very detailed) memoirs

There are so many things that no one knows about.

Subramanian Swamy Verified account @Swamy39

What should the nation think of a wife and two children who forgive killers who join with anti Indian foreign terrorist organisation to brutally blow up Rajiv Gandhi and kill him in cold blood merely for following national interests as Prime Minister?
9:04 PM - 7 Sep 2018

743 replies 3,320 retweets 9,640 likes
Reply 743 Retweet 3.3K Like 9.6K
Subramanian Swamy Verified account @Swamy39
Sep 7

: TDK wanted to cremate RG in Nigambodh Ghat because PM refused to partition Shastri’s memorial. PM then sent me to meet her to dissuade her. I did but Bottle misbehaved so I ticked her off. I told them I would hold the cremation irrespective who came( including them)
13 replies 104 retweets 254 likes
Reply 13 Retweet 104 Like 254

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Triank wrote:

Sometimes it makes me feel if majority of Hindus really care about foreign religions encroaching all spaces in India. I think they don't. Someone rightly has said, that Hindus actually need shrink down to 10% of current size (population as well as land) in order to realize that they need to preserve their own identity.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:52 am

dravidian parties and dravidian "leaders" have no hesitation in aligning with terrorists. there is simply no excuse for such traitorous behaviour

Getting away with assassination of a former PM

Getting away with assassination of a former PM
Devanshu Rajput, September 13, 2018

Tamil Nadu government has recently recommended the governor, Banwarilal Purohit to accept the clemency petition under article 161 by one of the assassins of Rajiv Gandhi, AG Perarivalan. Article 161 of constitution deals with the jurisdiction of governor and grants governor the power to provide respite, suspend or to commute any punishment, be it death penalty or life imprisonment if a convict(penalised by state law) sends a mercy petition.

Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in a Suicide bomb-blast on 21 May 1991, by Thenmozhi Rajaratnam AKA Dhanu, sent by the Liberation of Tamil Tiger Eelam, a secessionist and terrorist organization, that time active in Sri Lanka. The whole operation was coordinated in the forests of Jaffna by LTTE chief Prabhakaran. The whole conspiracy was rooted in events emerging from ‘87 after Rajiv Gandhi had signed the Indo-Sri Lankan Accords, and sent Indian Troops for peace negotiations in Sri Lanka, to bail out a civil war-struck Sri Lanka.

BJP was threatening the central government of withdrawing support and rise of Congress back to power in the centre was inevitable. This meant re-implementation of Indian Peacekeeping Forces in Sri Lanka and a more aggravated crackdown on LTTE handles active in India, especially south.

After Congress withdrew the support from Chandra Shekhar’s SJP(R) government, and India was pulled into re-elections merely after 16 months of previous Lok Sabha elections. There couldn’t have been a better time for LTTE to have struck Rajiv Gandhi, as he was stripped of PM level security and he was vulnerable during the constituency-to-constituency election campaign.

At Sriperumbudur, all the events culminated in the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi along with many others and more than 40 people were critically injured. In August this year when a question was asked regarding the assassination, Congress President and Rajiv Gandhi’s son Rahul Gandhi said that he had no grudge against perpetrators of his father’s death and that he was appalled by the pictures of dead Prabhakaran in 2009. Rahul Gandhi wanted to paint an image of him being very forgiving and generous towards his personal nemesis, even if it meant pardoning his father’s murderers.

Nalini Sriharan, the women at whose house Dhanu had strapped the bomb and hidden, and, one of the seven convicts were awarded life imprisonment in 2000 had thanked Rahul Gandhi for not interfering in SC hearing regarding the mercy petition for the release of all convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.

What Rahul Gandhi should remember is that Rajiv Gandhi was not just his father, but also ex-PM of India(and probably the next PM) in 1991. His death was not just his personal loss, but a loss to the whole country. Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination had made India look vulnerable. It had exposed the gaping holes in our politics, defence and foreign affairs. Prabhakaran, had the blood of thousands of people on his hands when he was hunted down by Chinese forces in 2009.

UN reported total casualties to be more than 1 lakh at the end of the Sri Lankan civil war in 2009. What had started just as a protest against linguistic and cultural domination, was morphed into a bloody and vicious Civil War. Prabhakaran had brainwashed thousands of young minds to militate against Sri Lankan government and had made terrorists out of them. LTTE was responsible for the killing of 1200 soldiers from the Indian side(Total casualties during Kargil war was 527), who had gone to Sri Lanka as peacekeeping forces. The Indian government was an arch-enemy of Prabhakaran. He could have gone to any extent to achieve his diabolical goals, even it meant killing own Tamils(whose cause he always said to be his own).

For Rahul Gandhi to say that he was appalled by the death of the main mastermind behind all this, seems just like a political stunt. First and foremost, the killers were not culprits to the Gandhi family alone, they had committed a national crime. They are the culprits to the nation and not subject to any personal moral relief. India had played its role as peace spreading entity and had to pay a heavy price for it. The attack was a dent on India’s goals and ideas. I would like to ask Mr Rahul Gandhi if he knows Dharman, a 38-year-old police constable who also died in the bomb blast that killed Rajiv Gandhi. He was survived by his two small children. Kokilavani had read a beautiful poem dedicated to Rajiv Gandhi, just a few moments before Rajiv Gandhi’s death. She had her whole life ahead of her, the perpetrators did not give a damn about the likes of her. Her body was blown to smithereens in that blast. Has Rahul Gandhi even pardoned killers of that girl, too?

Several others, along with Dharman and 12-year-old Kokilavani, were killed in the blast. LTTE had not only taken an aim on an ex-PM, but also on India’s people and sovereignty. This was a tragedy of several families, not only one.

Authorities could not even identify Rajiv Gandhi’s body after the blast. Bodies of others were identified after great efforts. How can we just let the perpetrators involved in this ghastly misdemeanour, go? What Mr Rahul Gandhi needs to realize is that a PM belongs more to the country than the family. Be it assassination of Indira Gandhi by her own bodyguards, or mysterious death of Lal Bahadur Shastri just after the Tashkent accords. Deaths of national leaders have always given a big blow to India’s stability. They have always bred turmoil and consternation, in public.

Since we are discussing the mercy petitions filed by the convicts, not adding the contents of their petition would be a blatant bias. Perarivalan, has stated that he has been in incarceration for more than 25 years, and it’s more than enough for his crimes. Even Nalini, Murugan (Nalini’s husband) and Jayakumar had a similar appeal to make. What needs to be added is here, all convicts(along with 22 others) who have filed the petition were awarded death penalty under TADA. But later on, only 4 remained with death penalties.

Sonia Gandhi intervened in the year 2000 and had asked the court to provide respite to Nalini and convert her death sentence into life imprisonment. Other three were to be hanged on September 9, 2011, after Pratibha Patil rejected the mercy petition. But, Madras Court put a stay on hanging and in 2014 SC quashed death penalty on grounds of “inordinate delays “ on behalf of UPA led Centre government in hearing pleas.

These killers would have been long dead if mercy petitions were not entertained. Now, to release all of them should be seen as just letting them go. Many convicts in India, are waiting for their turn to just start their trial. Here, not once but multiple times mercy petitions are heard, discussed and accepted. It seems that the Congress party has kept alive Rajiv Gandhi‘s assassination case till the times, electoral gains were in offing. Once, you have reaped benefits, it’s time to project self as an archetype of compassion and an ardent apostle of peace.

Irony must have wept in silence when Rahul Gandhi’s Congress formed an alliance with DMK in Tamil Nadu. Rajiv Gandhi had accused DMK and its supremo Karunanidhi to be in liaison with LTTE chief. In fact, many reports say that Karunanidhi along with his ally Vaiko(Who left DMK in 1993) used to communicate with Prabhakaran. Vaiko had even visited LTTE camps in Northern Sri Lanka, allegedly back-stabbed Karunanidhi by asking Prabhakaran to help him succeed the DMK after annulling Karunanidhi.

Vaiko with Prabhakaran

Karunanidhi never regarded Prabhakaran as a terrorist and even called him his ‘good friend’, in 2009. The SJP(R) government had even dismissed DMK government after 1989 Tamil Nadu state elections. The Chandra Shekhar led government, which was on outside support from Congress(I), had cited degradation of state law and collusion between outlawed LTTE and DMK as grounds for dismissal.

From time-to-time when Congress party was in alliance with Jayalalitha led AIADMK, called DMK and Karunanidhi as ‘anti-national’. A term now Congress says is used by BJP to stifle voices of dissent. You can expect NGOs and placard activists to go gaga over convicts release. They have been instrumental in helping convicts with their mercy petitions. They will be called upon the podium and asked to narrate tales of the imaginary ordeal they had to go through. How predictive, isn’t it?

Release of these perpetrators sets a very dangerous precedent when it comes to national security. A squad coming from foreign land and with aid of local like-minded people, executes an assassin plot and are freed after a certain time! That is not something any nation should allow.

The BJP led central government is opposing the mercy petition in Supreme Court. It said that it will have ‘international ramifications’. The BJP government is trying hard not to let the convicts go free. President Kovind had in June rejected the TN government’s proposal to release the convicts. But Rajiv Gandhi’s own party seems to be least bothered. This whole scenario translates just to one thing that, you can assassinate a PM and still be heard and freed after some time. National security, our sovereignty just seem to be hollow words in Indian political lexicon.

Politicians keep changing their stance from time to time for petty political gains. In politics, words and relations just stop making sense. But when national security and the international perception of sovereignty is at stake, petty political goals need to be kept aside.

There is still time, we can send a strong message to the world. We won’t ever tolerate a foreign organization or a country giving orders to us on how to be and what to do, that sending assassins or using violence to thwart our democratic institutions, shall not be taken lightly. It needs to be seen, how the governor responds to the pleas, but let us not be very surprised of all perpetrators are released from jail and Congress uses this for their political propaganda.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:11 am

^^^^ I agree with the gist of the OpIndia article. But the below highlighted caught my eye. Chinese? Is that typo? I thought Sri Lankan army, led by Gen. Sarat Fonseka decimated the LTTE in 2009/2010. But again, I get my news from TV & the papers. So, am I missing something?
chetak wrote: Prabhakaran, had the blood of thousands of people on his hands when he was hunted down by Chinese :shock: forces in 2009.
So, to summarize, a foreign terrorist group assassinates a former PM of India, we catch the killers, try them, sentence them to death, sit on our fat a$$es for 20+ years, most of the conspirators have their death sentences commuted to life in prison (thanks to their lordships in SC), now, will walk away free? May be, also, offer them ration & Aadhar cards, land pattahs, some kind of pension/dole so that they are not put to any kind of hardship?

Wonder anybody takes us seriously?Ack thoo!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 am

la.khan wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:11 am
^^^^ I agree with the gist of the OpIndia article. But the below highlighted caught my eye. Chinese? Is that typo? I thought Sri Lankan army, led by Gen. Sarat Fonseka decimated the LTTE in 2009/2010. But again, I get my news from TV & the papers. So, am I missing something?
chetak wrote: Prabhakaran, had the blood of thousands of people on his hands when he was hunted down by Chinese :shock: forces in 2009.
So, to summarize, a foreign terrorist group assassinates a former PM of India, we catch the killers, try them, sentence them to death, sit on our fat a$$es for 20+ years, most of the conspirators have their death sentences commuted to life in prison (thanks to their lordships in SC), now, will walk away free? May be, also, offer them ration & Aadhar cards, land pattahs, some kind of pension/dole so that they are not put to any kind of hardship?

Wonder anybody takes us seriously?Ack thoo!
I don't think that chinese forces were even active in that conflict.

Prabhakaran was captured, tortured for information regarding weapons and drugs supply sources, financial backers, payment channels, bank account details, money and weapon caches because the ltte had many ships constantly at sea for safely storing weapons, drugs and cash. It was only after he spilled the beans in the hope of escaping with his life that he was executed by the SL forces.

I wonder where all that money, drugs and weapons finally ended up??. The SL generals would know for sure.

Could the fight between Gen fonseca and the then el presidente have been over sharing of the spoils??

I have my suspicions.

India had thrown a cordon sanitaire around the island to prevent ingress and egress of the ltte goondas and this prevented any and all help to Prabhakaran and prevented his escape.

There were many EU countries + vatican, including elements from the US and UK govts which actively pleaded for his release with both the Indian and the SL govts. All these efforts failed. I understand that very very substantial sums were offered to save this terrorist. Numerous satellite calls and radio messages have been recorded and exist even today in the archives of both the SL and the Indian govts attesting to the fact that EU and other gang members mentioned above were actively complicit in the long term support, supply and operations of the ltte.

The entire prabhakaran family was taken out to prevent any possibility of a resurgence or any sort of a rallying point at some later date.

BTW, the ltte is still active today but it is currently a very low key operation, ominously gathering strength and support and has shifted almost entirely to the Indian mainland, concentrated mainly in the coastal areas of TN and has strongholds in areas where the rolers dominate, meaning almost the entire TN coast. It showed its hand briefly during the jallikattu, koodankulam, sterlite and even the recent highway agitations.

The ghandy family is just playing out a pre-scripted vatican led agenda. pappu's bogus sympathy for prabhakaran's kids is misplaced. They met their gory ends well before he did.

pappu's recent visit to europe triggered his bogus sympathy for prabhakaran's kids and his patently hypocritical platitudes were meant to address a vatican mandated audience and not Indians in India.

Think east timor modus operandi and eelam because that is exactly what they are up to.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:32 am

^^^^^^^

I don't think that chinese forces were even active in that conflict.

Prabhakaran was captured, tortured for information regarding weapons and drugs supply sources, financial backers, payment channels, bank account details, money and weapon caches because the ltte had many ships constantly at sea for safely storing weapons, drugs and cash. It was only after he spilled the beans in the hope of escaping with his life that he was executed by the SL forces.

There is some talk that prabhakaran was conned into and cornered by the SLs in the nandikadal lagoon area under the offer of safe passage and evacuation guaranteed by a powerful eu country. This led to the long and vengeful human rights abuses investigations carried out by the western countries against SL after the war and a sort of sanctions regime instituted against SL because of the "betrayal".

It was sometime after all this that china initially started to show interest in fishing in the troubled SL waters and the results are now there for all to see.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 am

chetak wrote:dravidian parties and dravidian "leaders" have no hesitation in aligning with terrorists. there is simply no excuse for such traitorous behaviour
What has happened is that the "dravidian identity" (!?) and "atheism" all have now turned to Hindu religion bashing, and X'ian groups slowly getting the upper hand. What the EJs have been doing is to play up the "dravidian identity", spin it as some thing other than Hinduism (of Yevil Naarth India) else where and then start upping the ante for a different nation etc.

And ever since Sonia Ghandi took over the reigns of Indian National Congress the religious neutrality of the party have pretty much gone. And powerful X'ian groups from all over the world can get things done in India using the INC. Rajiv Ghandi may have been the last "true Indian" in the Nehru-Ghandi clan.
There were many EU countries + vatican, including elements from the US and UK govts which actively pleaded for his release with both the Indian and the SL govts. All these efforts failed. I understand that very very substantial sums were offered to save this terrorist.
During the late 1990s when many Scandinavian countries came into get a truce between LTTE and GoSL I was pretty impressed. These countries lie far away, and are no big military powers; and so any help from them should have been quite genuine. This what what I thought. It was much later that reality struck me. These tiny countries were just being the "cats paws" of other countries and religion. By then it was also coming to be known the religious inclinations of many LTTE leaders. Again they too claimed to be "atheists" but might have been under the influence of the church for a very long time.
The entire prabhakaran family was taken out to prevent any possibility of a resurgence or any sort of a rallying point at some later date.
I don't know if his wife and daughter are still alive some where hidden. There were rumours that they have been in UK for a long time. And it was Prabha and his two sons who were killed by the GoSL forces. And another elusive character has been Pottu Amman, the LTTE Intelligence chief. But looks like now GoSL believes that he too is dead. Nalini (w/of Murugan of LTTE) has sent her daughter to study in UK. Don't know if any checks were made on who sponsored the entire expenses for this. Nalini & her India based family were never rich; she worked in a private firm and her mother was a nurse.
BTW, the ltte is still active today but it is currently a very low key operation, ominously gathering strength and support and has shifted almost entirely to the Indian mainland, concentrated mainly in the coastal areas of TN and has strongholds in areas where the rolers dominate, meaning almost the entire TN coast
May be I am think too much. But looks like even LTTE was just one part/wing of a group which wanted to cause mayhem in Non X'ian majority countries. LTTE was the most technically sophisticated and trained militia, which did its job in Buddhist Sri Lanka and Hindu India (the Southern part). But there were other groups as well who as NGOs, EJ organisations also worked in a different tangent. Spinning this Aryan v/s Dravidian theory, and encouraging seditious thoughts among the coastal communities. Which countries have strong evangelical X'ian groups and active agenda to spread the religion?
There is some talk that prabhakaran was conned into and cornered by the SLs in the nandikadal lagoon area under the offer of safe passage and evacuation guaranteed by a powerful eu country.
I think Philip @ BRF was quite actively monitoring the events of those days. And I remember reading in BRF that folks like Kumaran Padmanathan was making frantic satellite phone calls from hidden locations like toilets in air ports :lol:. Once the GoSL forces started closing in, Prabha & Co had used every possible means to save their lives. And by that time I guess GoSL had completely seen through the nefarious designs of the European countries and clearly asked them to keep away. GoSL had also by then managed to split the LTTE leadership (Col. Karuna et.al jumping ship), and don't know if there was a religious angle to that as well.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:51 pm

sachin saar,

At the time, on and off, I was incountry for almost two years.
I don't know if his wife and daughter are still alive some where hidden. There were rumours that they have been in UK for a long time. And it was Prabha and his two sons who were killed by the GoSL forces. And another elusive character has been Pottu Amman, the LTTE Intelligence chief. But looks like now GoSL believes that he too is dead. Nalini (w/of Murugan of LTTE) has sent her daughter to study in UK. Don't know if any checks were made on who sponsored the entire expenses for this. Nalini & her India based family were never rich; she worked in a private firm and her mother was a nurse.
All executed before papa prabhakaran was dispatched. The SLs made sure of the family because that was the second major demand made to them. One particular scandinavian country played a particularly duplicitous role in the entire proceedings. It was after seeing them that I actually understood the phrase, "running with the hare and hunting with the hounds"

Strong rumour that nalini's daughter was funded by the mafia queen for studies in UK. Didn't she become a doctor??

ltte cannon fodder were all completely Hindu while the top management were all xtian. it was the poor lower level guys who actually used their cyanide capsules when cornered and they really had no reason to do so but they were fiercely fanatic. Most were really a little more than kids and many were actually kids.

If India had not stood firmly with the SLs, they would have succumbed to the roler pressure very early in the game. India quickly recognised the danger of the ltte and the implications of eelam on India itself. The primary target was always firmly on the Indian mainland as it is even today. The dravidian parties are as complicit today as they were in those heydays of a rampaging ltte.

If it wasn't for the fact that the IN had thrown a cordon sanitaire around the island, the SLs would not have succeeded. With the IN in position, for the SLs it was just like shooting fish in a barrel. They did a really good job of it.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:51 am

^^^^I remember reading news articles during those final weeks. The map showing Ltte territory was steadily and surely shrinking each week. Every 3-4 week a new map would come up and LTTE territory would be less by about 20 %, without losing any conquered area, and no reverses (which was unusual- ltte always managed to strike back and push back in the past) . The IN cordon explains a lot. And at the end of it all, in the tiny bit of land that was left under ltte control, they got a hold of him.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am

chetak wrote:All executed before papa prabhakaran was dispatched. The SLs made sure of the family because that was the second major demand made to them. One particular scandinavian country played a particularly duplicitous role in the entire proceedings.
From what I glean from media etc the pro-LTTE sympathisers were NOT able to pin point GoSL for killing Dwaraka and Mathivathani (D/o & W/o Prabhakaran). Their first son Charles Anthony was killed in battle and it was their second son who faced the firing squad. pro-LTTE gangs only could get some traction on the last case; with some photographs also coming in as evidence. Norway, AFAIK is the scandinavian country who played a duplicitous stand. As I said during the initial days when this country offered help, no way I could figure out that they could be acting as agents for other countries, religious groups etc.
Strong rumour that nalini's daughter was funded by the mafia queen for studies in UK. Didn't she become a doctor??
I don't know why such stories are not getting verified and leaked to media. We really need 100s of Subramanian Swamys who can bring up such cases. GoI is still playing the game by the rule book.
If India had not stood firmly with the SLs, they would have succumbed to the roler pressure very early in the game. India quickly recognised the danger of the ltte and the implications of eelam on India itself.
Was'nt LTTE finished once and for all, when India had a UPA government? In that case I feel for once Indian government agencies acted in a clear way to help India. By then looks like too many stories of LTTE nexus was coming out, and it was clearly established that this group is a big time enemy of India. Even Indian National Congress (and its leaders like Sonia G) could not completely over look that fact.
srikumar wrote:The map showing Ltte territory was steadily and surely shrinking each week. Every 3-4 week a new map would come up and LTTE territory would be less by about 20 %, without losing any conquered area, and no reverses (which was unusual- ltte always managed to strike back and push back in the past)
Looks like GoSL was also doing lots of preperations in the background, after they had made up their mind that LTTE has to be finished once and for all. The Sri Lankan forces at that time was not among the best forces, and LTTE clearly had a upper hand there. But then without much fan fare GoSL had introduced lots of changes in the way SL forces worked. They focused on teams like LRP (Long Range Patrol), who could infiltrate into LTTE areas and remain concealed for weaks together. They could make some good ambushes and then get back safely. Sri Lankan Air men were also brought to Tambaram IAF base at that time for some training, and local pro-LTTE groups in TN had made protests. Secondly, GoSL intelligence teams also seems to have mastered lots of new skills, and they were smart to use the fissures in LTTE. Col. Karuna etc. was quickly encouraged to defect, and he was a vital information provider for GoSL forces. And yes, India also pitched in and IN and Coast Guard made sure that LTTE's sea based gimmicks cannot be carried out.

By the way, here is one article written by a Sri Lankan; DBS Jeyaraj on the LTTE intelligence cheif Shanmuganathan Shivashankar @ Pottu Amman. The comments are much more valuable than the article.