The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Sachin
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Sachin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 pm
proof of citizenship (birth records etc) is all that should be needed for a passport.
This was the case till recently. Earlier there was a big problem in India that birth & marriages etc. were not registered with government authorities. In such cases asking for birth/marriage certificates from the applicants was a problem. I know a couple who had got married in 1981 who had to actually show wedding photos, invitation card copy etc. when they applied for an Indian passport and a Saudi Arabian VISA in mid 1990s.

Then the rule changed that for all births after 1989 a birth certificate was mandatory. Now as per this ToiLet Article Birth Certificate is not mandatory if the applicant has an Aadhaar Card, PAN Card or even a Secondary School Leaving certificate.
Indrad wrote:it is official: Tanvi issued passport, police report trashed & Vikas Mishra transferred.
The Twitter handle which you linked; is that of an official UP government body? Because I could also see that lots of commentators stating that this twitter handle has never been pro-BJP at any point of time.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Sachin wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:54 pm
Indrad wrote:it is official: Tanvi issued passport, police report trashed & Vikas Mishra transferred.
The Twitter handle which you linked; is that of an official UP government body? Because I could also see that lots of commentators stating that this twitter handle has never been pro-BJP at any point of time.
hail secularism...RPO has gone on leave https://www.amarujala.com/lucknow/a-bac ... y?pageId=1

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm

sachin ji
that tweet has tagged sushma swaraj
if incorrect she shd take the site to cleaners
else why not to believe modi govt is accomplice...

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 pm

CholaBhaturi wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:40 pm
How exactly do you think she could have incorporated "shades of gray" in her polls? Have option of multiple responses?
Exactly my point!!! There are multiple polls here. SS chose to zero-in on the only one that reinforces her victimhood.

1. "Do you consider all those that criticized me on Twitter as 'Trolls'? Yes/No"
2. "Did my reaction to those that criticized me on Twitter throw the baby out with the bathwater? Yes/No"
3. "Do you believe that I am personally responsible for the expedited issuance of Tanvi Anas' passport and the transfer of the official? Yes, you are responsible/No, this was beyond your control"

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Indrad wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm
sachin ji
that tweet has tagged sushma swaraj
if incorrect she shd take the site to cleaners
else why not to believe modi govt is accomplice...
There are already some "friendly" media articles indicating that SS would make a great PM. She is clearly making the play for it.

If Modi does not take action against her (and he certainly won't), his govt is accomplice.
If Modi takes action against her, he gives her the justification to rock the boat and walk away, possibly with a few more BJP leaders in tow.

Let this play out. I have been a critic of Modi's PVNR-like silence on all issues. In this case, staying silent and cleaning house later is exactly what he needs to do.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm

meh...if ecosystem is giving too much oxygen for this issue...

we are also feeding it by staying on this.

sushma is a lightweight in domestic politics. she will have zero traction within bjp and with voters. except in lutyens. and that amounts to again..a big fat zero.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Gus, please repeat your post. I doubt the wanna be aaptard will see it.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm
meh...if ecosystem is giving too much oxygen for this issue...

we are also feeding it by staying on this.

sushma is a lightweight in domestic politics. she will have zero traction within bjp and with voters. except in lutyens. and that amounts to again..a big fat zero.
I don't get it. Why is narrative so gung-ho about who said what on twitter? And that too spokies like bibi, nidhi, pallu, all are questioning on the grounds of twitter? Rajnath Singh should simply say "We dont control twitter or who's trolling who on social media. Please take your complaints to twitter, not me! Now F/off! '

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:15 pm

seriously....
issue is not Su Swaraj trolling
but a passport officer doing his job rightly was punished
cos he questioned a peaceful couple
rules were bent to issue passport
for some one with 2 names on 2 official documents
adverse police report is being trashed
and rather than fixing the fault a cabinet minister is behaving like a teen ager
why some people want to hush the issue under carpet?

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 pm

i would suggest sticking to the narrow issue of the bungling around the passport, the RPO etc

instead of making it a thing about Sushma and outraging much about that..

she remains a lightweight...no need to abuse her or her irrelevant PM ambitions and the gleeful lutyens media and another round of outraging etc etc..

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:41 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 pm
crams wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:28 pm
I need to see BJP winning something to restore my optimism.
Irrational opinion, playing into the enemy's hands. Between NaMo's running for PM candidate in 2013 and today, BJP has:

- Not lost power in a single state election
- Retained power in 4 states
- Captured power in 15 states either alone or in NDA
- Is running goremint directly in J&K
- Shot up by 60 seats (44 to 104) in a southern state
- Has displaced other parties to become clear #2 in at least 2 large states (OR, WB)
- A PM with 70+% approval rating

Frankly, I don't think there is any election history that will give you more optimism than this. So you can either remain pessimistic till May 2019 or take a different track and help the NDA to victory. Your call!
Thanks for being such a rational voice. People are so easily manipulated by fake news and noise.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 pm
she remains a lightweight...no need to abuse her or her irrelevant PM ambitions and the gleeful lutyens media and another round of outraging etc etc..
Agree that she is a lightweight but she could be a thorn.

Here's my point - I believe Modi has just begun the last year of his "4 Years for Governance + 1 Year for Politics" declaration. His pulling out of PDP alliance, unleashing the forces, subtle snubbing of SS and also choosing SwarajyaMag as the channel to set his governance record straight are all leading indicators. More fireworks will follow.

He may win if elections were held today. But he will win bigger if elections happened after he completes this full year.

BIF Central operating out of 10JP isn't sitting idle. They are already being driven to form a government in J&K. IFFFFF that happens, Modi's ability to take J&K to the laundry will be slowed down, if not stopped forcefully.

Similarly, pumping up SS ego and making her walk out with the promise of PM post-2019 could force elections today. THAT is a highly welcome scenario for BIF Central. Even the low probability of them winning is better than what they will get if they stay put until next year.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Found the coolest title for this picture on Twitterland:

"Dalai Lama with The Lie Mama" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:20 am

Come on ...SS leaving and forcing an election? Amit shah has an iron grip on the party. Anybody bailing on the party will soon find themselves busy with Lutyens tv sound bites and a destroyed career and legacy. She can join shotgun and shourie.

Paraphrasing rajni kabali dialogue - “you thought Modi means, that guy who flies all the time, takes selfies and hugs people uncomfortably all the time, and posts videos and messages that we make memes of???? Modi da”. Ask his guj opponents both within and outside the party. Nobody remembers them anymore.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:05 am

Gus wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:20 am
Paraphrasing rajni kabali dialogue - “you thought Modi means, that guy who flies all the time, takes selfies and hugs people uncomfortably all the time, and posts videos and messages that we make memes of???? Modi da”. Ask his guj opponents both within and outside the party. Nobody remembers them anymore.
Well, if things turn out that way, Magizhchchi!!! :mrgreen:

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:07 am

Gus wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 pm
Karthik wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:40 am
Compromising national security, wherein 7 crore illegals can apply passport little easier now VS inconvenience, delay. Which one is more important?
because people have not obtained passports from fake addresses before? :lol:

passport should not be used for address proof. It is something you renew every ten years. It should not ask for, or serve as address proof.

proof of citizenship (birth records etc) is all that should be needed for a passport.
What's your take on Arunachal Pradesh lifting anti conversion law?

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:24 am

Sushma Swaraj Verified account @SushmaSwaraj Follow Follow @SushmaSwaraj
More Sushma Swaraj Retweeted Sonam Mahajan
Intezaar kyon ? Lijiye block kr diya.Sushma Swaraj added,

Sonam Mahajan Verified account @AsYouNotWish
Yeh good governance dene aaye the. Yeh lo bhai, achhe din aa gaye hain. @SushmaSwaraj ji, I was once a fan and fought against those who abused you, ab aap please, mujhe bhi block kar ke, inaam dijiye. Intezaar rahegaa. https://twitter.com/weuttarpradesh/stat ... 9444772875
11:59 PM - 2 Jul 2018
This is getting ridiculous and petty by the day.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:07 am

Indrad wrote:else why not to believe modi govt is accomplice...
Why blame the entire Modi government for an error in judgement of a minister in the ministry? Target the minister and the ministry. That is why I feel that these kind of tweets have an agenda. It is NOT to correct the mistake, nor targetting the main culprit who goofed up, but its aim is to target Na.Mo Government as a whole.
SSundar wrote:There are already some "friendly" media articles indicating that SS would make a great PM. She is clearly making the play for it.
+1. I have watched a few media outlets which has been anti-Namo and anti-BJP from the very start of this government. Even they generally give undue weightage to Sushma Swaraj. Gen (Retd.) VK Singh was the favourite target of these media outlets but Sushma Swaraj was left alone. Her decisions (taken mainly on Twitter) was given very high visibility. "Secular" commentators and reporters even started painting a picture that Sushma Swaraj was a right person, in a wrong party. The "secular" media has been white washing Advani & Sushma Swaraj for quite some time. The only reason I feel is that as part of the D-4 these people are still acceptable to "seculars" and the "Lutyens gang of traitors" and really want them to drive the show at the BJP.
Similarly, pumping up SS ego and making her walk out with the promise of PM post-2019 could force elections today.
SS seems to be another trojan horse but I don't think she has reached the level to dictate terms with Na.Mo and A.Shah. Even if she just resigns, they can just push up Gen (Retd.) VK Singh and carry on with the show. SS is also not in her best health these days. Giving her a VRS and VK Singh running the day to day affairs with Na.Mo actually going for high profile international relationship building trips etc would actually work fine.
Gus wrote:meh...if ecosystem is giving too much oxygen for this issue...
What needs to be done is the silent cancellation of the passport, and reinstating of the RPO in some time. This kind of goof ups have happened in many other cases, and governments have nullified the mistakes as well. Serve show cause notices and cancel the passport. Get in touch with the RPO discreetly and without much media publicity just transfer him to a station which is comfortable to him. The media etc. can tom tom the story as much as they want, but this would settle the ruffled feathers.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:20 am

BDA asks ASC Centre to take over Bellandur Lake
Looks like the old tactic of giving unusable stuff to the Army and asking them make it usable is still going on in Bengaluru. Similar tactic was used to clean up Ulsoor lake. If the Army is taking this up they should make sure that "civilians" never get a chance to use it or mess it up further. Bangalore Dev. Authority have not been able to make any good thing for the citizens and they are just chair warmers.

KCR cheated Muslims on quota: Congress

What is the situation in Telengana? Is KCR planning to join hands with the "communals"?

Meanwhile in KL, not a good time to declare onself a proud X'ian ;).
* Orthodox church sex scandal: 4 priests booked....... A woman does a confession that she had a s-exual relationship with a priest to another priest. And then this information is shared amongst the priests who all then have fun with the woman :roll:.
* Sexual assault against nun: Jalandhar bishop to be questioned....... A Bishop (from Latin Catholic sect) sexually assaults a nun, and also have un-natural sex(?) with her for 13 times. She then decides to raise a formal complaint regards this. The clergy is now trying to get back at the nun by saying that she has other interests (including leaving the congregation) and motive to target the bishop.
* Vatican replaces Kerala cardinal as head of archdiocese amid allegations about illegal land sale. And the Syro-Malabar (Roman Catholic) sect in Kerala find its top clergy involved in a dubious land deal.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:36 am

now even ardent BJP support base in media have started rebelling against Sushma, asking why modi is quiet.
Kanchan Gupta

Verified account

@KanchanGupta
6m6 minutes ago
More
The disturbing @rpolucknow passport story is not about an individual, a department, a Ministry. At least 2 Ministries and multiple intel agencies are involved in issuing passports of Republic of India. When there is gross, hideous system failure @PMOIndia can't gloss over it.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:06 am

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... w-5243977/

nitin gadkari comes out in support of Sushma swaraj but tweet enclosed is no where on his time line

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:46 am

Grapevine: Sajad Lone could be next Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir. 14-15 disillusioned MLAs of PDP, along with BJP MLAs and few independents could come together to form the new government after Amarnath Yatra concludes in the state. Mehbooba Mufti to face massive rebellion.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 am

Karthik wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:24 am
Sushma Swaraj Verified account @SushmaSwaraj Follow Follow @SushmaSwaraj
More Sushma Swaraj Retweeted Sonam Mahajan
Intezaar kyon ? Lijiye block kr diya.Sushma Swaraj added,

Sonam Mahajan Verified account @AsYouNotWish
Yeh good governance dene aaye the. Yeh lo bhai, achhe din aa gaye hain. @SushmaSwaraj ji, I was once a fan and fought against those who abused you, ab aap please, mujhe bhi block kar ke, inaam dijiye. Intezaar rahegaa. https://twitter.com/weuttarpradesh/stat ... 9444772875
11:59 PM - 2 Jul 2018
This is getting ridiculous and petty by the day.
The behaviour of Sushma Swaraj shows lack of maturity in tune with her age. She is running the ministry like a housewife runs her kitchen. Somebody needs to take her off Twitter. She is damaging the social media base of BJP very badly.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:10 pm

must read.

I remember Suraj speculating these as the reasons why Modi spent all political capital on economic and investment/foreign relations issues.

https://swarajyamag.com/economy/swarajy ... an-economy
Swarajya: In 2014, we thought that the Modi government would bring out a White Paper on the state of the Indian economy. However, nothing of that sort happened. Why didn’t you do it?

Narendra Modi: You are absolutely correct when you say that it was the opinion of various experts and political pundits that a White Paper should be published on the economic situation in the country.

In 2014, one of the key agendas of the BJP’s election campaign was highlighting the dismal management of the Indian economy, ironically under an ‘economist’ prime minister and a ‘know-it-all’ finance minister.

We all knew that the economy was in the doldrums but since we were not in government, we naturally did not have the complete details of the state of the economy. But, what we saw when we formed the government left us shocked!

The state of the economy was much worse than expected. Things were terrible. Even the budget figures were suspicious.

Swarajya: Why didn’t you highlight these suspicious bits?

Modi: When all of this came to light, we had two options – to be driven by Rajneeti (political considerations) or be guided by Rashtraneeti (putting the interests of India First).

As you would remember, I had clearly said during the campaign ‘Saugandha Mujhe Is Mitti Ki, Main Desh Nahi Jhookne Dunga’. Our government has lived this promise.

Rajneeti, or playing politics on the state of the economy in 2014, would have been extremely simple as well as politically advantageous for us. We had just won a historic election, so obviously the frenzy was at a different level. The Congress Party and their allies were in big trouble. Even for the media, it would have made news for months on end.

On the other hand, there was Rashtraneeti, where more than politics and one-upmanship, reform was needed.

Needless to say, we preferred to think of ‘India First’ instead of putting politics first. We did not want to push the issues under the carpet, but we were more interested in addressing the issue. We focused on reforming, strengthening and transforming the Indian economy.

Swarajya: Would disclosure have made things worse?

Modi: The details about the decay in the Indian economy were unbelievable. It had the potential to cause a crisis all over.

In 2014, industry was leaving India. India was in the Fragile Five. Experts believed that the ‘I’ in BRICS would collapse. Public sentiment was that of disappointment and pessimism.

Now, in the midst of this, imagine a White Paper coming out giving intricate details of the extent of damage. Instead of being a mollifier, it would be a multiplier of the distress.

There were several landmines laid in various sectors. We accepted this uncomfortable truth and hit the ground running from the very first day to stabilise things so that the Indian economy can be strengthened for the long haul.

We tolerated a number of political allegations, we accepted political damage but ensured no damage to our country.

The positive results of our approach are for everyone to see. Today, India is the fastest growing large economy of the world with strong fundamentals to propel further growth. Foreign investment is at an all-time high, GST has revolutionised the tax regime, India is an easier place to do business than ever before and, most importantly, we are seeing unprecedented levels of trust and optimism.
more in the link. do subscribe and support.

that's the only way you can grow your own ecosystem.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:12 pm

on the "where are the jobs" question
Swarajya: But experts still doubt this way of measuring jobs…

Modi: India had around 66 lakh registered enterprises from Independence till July last year. In just one year, 48 lakh new enterprises got registered. Will this not result in more formalisation and better jobs?

More than 12 crore loans have been given under Mudra (micro loans). Is it unfair to expect that one loan would have created or supported means of livelihood for at least one person?

More than one crore houses have been constructed in the last one year; how much employment would this have generated? If road construction has more than doubled per month, if there is tremendous growth in railways, highways, airlines, etc, what does it indicate? Is it possible without employing more people in equal proportions?

A recent international report showed how quickly poverty in India is declining. Do you think that is possible without people having jobs?