The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by achoudhury » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 pm

jamwal wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 pm
On one hand, I feel like showing a finger to this ban and burn up whatever fireworks I can gather. But as a citizen, I feel it is my duty to follow the law of land, irrespective of my personal beliefs. So this is a real dharm sankat for me.
Absolutely no one should follow this order. Mass defiance should be the order of the day. Show a middle finger to Judiciary and make it the noisiest Diwali. Bigger calamity is in order if Hindus meekly follow this order.

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:45 pm

achoudhury wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 pm
Not matter how much development NaMo does, He wont get votes from RoP/RoL, and if he does not protect legitimate rights of Hindus then why will Hindus vote for him or BJP.

Why?

Here is one reason why.

Because there is only one realistic alternative to NaMo-BJP rule.

If that alternative group come to power again they will not repeat the mistakes they made in 2013-14. They will come after social media and internet expression with a vengeance.

Which means you, me, all of us could lose our jobs, face court cases or land in jail for posting our thoughts and feelings on forums like this.

That's why. Form your Hindu pressure group by all means. But do not cut off your nose to spite your (and everyone's) face by threatening to refrain from supporting NaMo/BJP.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:10 pm

jamwal wrote:On one hand, I feel like showing a finger to this ban and burn up whatever fireworks I can gather. But as a citizen, I feel it is my duty to follow the law of land, irrespective of my personal beliefs. So this is a real dharm sankat for me.
Ban is only on selling in NCR no? Nothing stops from online order or purchase out of NCR and setting it off inside NCR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 pm

What RD says is true. If UPA comes back - you are looking at total shutdown of all opposition and the sort of vengeful witch hunt that will affect us personally and directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Rudradev,

This is in fact a golden opportunity for the BJP to explore executive options.

It will kill two birds with one stone. First it will restore its core credentials and second it will change the power equation with the judiciary.

But in reality it is their own ministry that has brought this disgusting judgement upon us. So they won't do anything.

No cracker dictate will be felt most acutely in the places that are expected to do the heavy lifting for BJP in 2019.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:32 pm

achoudhury wrote:
India needs an extreme hindu pressure group who will only stand for Hindu rights unapologetically. BJP is not pro Hindu. At best they are not anti-hindu.
Many such attempts have been made in the past and continue to be made. The BIF have clearly identified this as their no.1 threat. All attempts both in the media and on the ground is to nip this fervor in the bud. The next generations will even think twice to stand for a hindu cause as mild as diwali crackers let alone support a Hindu outift. The BIF are winning the battle so far. The only solution is for it to come from the top, a mainstream leadership like BJP; any other attempts will bite the dust.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Rudradev wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:45 pm
achoudhury wrote:
Not matter how much development NaMo does, He wont get votes from RoP/RoL, and if he does not protect legitimate rights of Hindus then why will Hindus vote for him or BJP.

Why?

Here is one reason why.

If that alternative group come to power again they will not repeat the mistakes they made in 2013-14. They will come after social media and internet expression with a vengeance.

Which means you, me, all of us could lose our jobs, face court cases or land in jail for posting our thoughts and feelings on forums like this.

That's why. Form your Hindu pressure group by all means. But do not cut off your nose to spite your (and everyone's) face by threatening to refrain from supporting NaMo/BJP.
Even though I understand your basic argument that one should choose lesser of the evil, humans are emotional and irrational. A large section of hindus reposed faith in BJP thinking that they will stand up for legitimate rights of theirs. But this continuous attack on what we cherish with no one in sight to fight for them will lead to a sense of betrayal. Betrayal will lead to anger and hopelessness, which will doom this nation. All people are asking BJP is to stand up for legitimate rights. Other then creating a pressure group, I dont see this happening. Just look at the twitter in last two days and you will feel the anger and frustration but not a single BJP leader has dared to speak on behalf of Hindus. In fact they are giving all sort of Dhimmi reaction on TV. This whole episode has created tremendous glee in BIF camp.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Indrad wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:01 pm
Supratik wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:36 pm
With rising incomes Diwali fire crackers in India has gone out of hand. Celebration is good only in moderation. It is similar to alchohol. The govts should organize community celebrations of fire cracker bursting for half an hour and approach the Supreme court with a plan.

Next, someone should file a PIL on animal slaughter on Eid and loud speaker azaan (ban can be religion neutral).
http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 235_1.html

Last year SC refused to entertain plea to ban animal slaughter bakrid
Who in the hell is SC to ban or not ban anything? Since when has judiciary begun to make laws and regulations, and decide what people should do or not do? They are not elected and do not represent the will of the people. Their only job is to interpret laws made by the legislature and settle disputes. This kind of thing happens nowhere in the world. Judges have become a law unto themselves.

vimal
BGR Newbie

Post by vimal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:21 am

As alluded by other posters this is a golden opportunity for BJP to pass a law to annul SC orders and kill two birds with one stone. Whether they will do it is another issue. It takes courage to pass Shah-Bano like verdict.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 am

Rudradev wrote:

I too believe in this however I doubt if such levels of witch-hunting would happen even if Congoons come back to power. This is really serious witch hunting. And there will be a serious backlash against Congoons, that they will position themselves worse than Mughals/British as a general perception on ground. Why would Congoons (if voted to power) would invite such ire?

Anyways, TINA factor is way too huge/immense. So Congoons are not going to come anywhere close to power corridors for next 10 years at the minimum.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:41 am

Modi defenders out in force again or what?

Folks, the Hindutva voter is also a BJP voter.

If s/he has concerns with the way their party and govt is handling issues dear to them, they should be free to express said concerns at least in friendly fora such as this, where we know all of us are pro-India. No?

If we can't do even that without NM minders swooping in with dire warnings, doom-gloom scenarios, admonishments and what-not, what's the effing point? Aren't we among friends here?

Heck, a little bit of 'listen' time, some empathy for fellow PIF folks' concerns etc would go a long way for mutual respect and all that. No?

*Nobody* is saying they'll vote for the c-system, period. Just can that canard already. Come 2019, we'll all rally again for a non-anti-Hindu sarkar. Least we can do.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:13 am

vimal wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:21 am
As alluded by other posters this is a golden opportunity for BJP to pass a law to annul SC orders and kill two birds with one stone. Whether they will do it is another issue. It takes courage to pass Shah-Bano like verdict.
BJP is fully supporting this, they are part of decision making. Meanwhile devendra fadnavis is visiting schools and making kids swear they will celebrate 'pollution free' diwali. He doesn't have guts to make law but he will definitely hide behind court and support the ban just like he supported dahi handi ban. These type of leaders make SC today what it is.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:18 am

Hard not to get disheartened only. Its open season against the Yindooze, children of lesser gods in the last remaining country they can call home.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:20 am

Meanwhile the yogi continues on his lonely furrow, a lone light amid the gathering storm.

https://twitter.com/TVMohandasPai/statu ... 4569224192

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:23 am

There is an option for Delhi. As a protest they should celebrate (burst crackers) diwali on 2nd november. Don't bother of muhurat etc. Just do it. Let the world see unity. And if things go really bad then lets celebrate diwali on 31st Dec night. If it is war then everything is fair and we should have guerilla tactics.

We shall do pooja on diwali muhurat but burst crackers on other day.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:47 am

abhijit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 pm
MehtaRahulC this is nobody's forum. We are nobody. Nobody but us read ourselves here. If you are a politician as you say you are then spend less time here and invest your time to reach out to larger group.
I am small time software engineer (4 hours a day) and small time politician ONLY (got about 0.95% = 1% of polled votes in Loksabha-2014)
So I am also a nobody compared to leaders who are over 1 km tall !!!
But today in India, imo, if anyone can make change, it is ONLY us 135 crore nobodies (or 90 crore nobodies , if you count only voters and not whole population)
The tall leaders are media hypes ONLY. They are all puppets. Come anything, and they ONLY have excuses like "I dont have majority in LS"," I dont have majority in RS", "WTO says no". 'I dont have 67% majority in both houses", "SCjs dont agree with me" and so on.
So only ants can now make differences. Elephants will only show their chains and express helplessness
----------------
firecracker ban
Its clear that Shri Modiji is pupper master and has pulled strings to get firecrackers banned, Central Board of Pollution Control Chairman will never allow its lawyer to demand ban on firecrackers without EXPLICIT internal of Shri Modiji. Perhaps Modiji wants to reform us "deformed" Hindus, and wants us Hindus to become civilized and celebrate green noiseless Diwali.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:59 am

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 am

abhijit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm
the most bigotry argument being circulated in media is there were no firecrackers at time of Ram then why do you need them now? So there were no tv, cars, condoms, penicillin then, why use them now? both questions are equally ridiculous. Lifestyle changes with times as the way people celebrate joyous occasions. In this times in entire world firecrackers are used as symbol of joy and celebration. Not just diwali. When human kind finds better more fabulous means they will move on from firecrackers. Until then criminalizing hindus for using firecrackers but let entire world use them is utterly discriminating and insulting and making mockery of us for being hindus.
There were no loudspeakers during time of PHUB.. Why now?

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:23 am

Online firecraceker purchase in Delhi is right now not banned, and its happening.
Online cracker selling websites have jacked up the prices !!
And many are putting condition of Rs 3000 minimum !!!
So Shri Modiji and RSS-workers asked Central Pollution COntrol Board's Chairman to ask CPCB's lawyer to file affidavit the firecracker sale should be banned in Delhi !!! And that along with other factors promoted SCjs to issue a ban.
And look who is now making mega profit from decisions of Modiji, RSS-workers and SCjs !!!
How many poor or even lower middle class people will be able to go online? And buy minimum Rs 3000?
So obviously, he will end up buying from some local illegal seller for twice or thrice the price !!!
Sickening to see how Modiji colluded with SCjs to ruin Diwali of all Hindus particularly poor Hindus.
Many people who had advance information that ban is comming, may have illegally stocked up and now will sell thru network of karyakarta at twice the price. Which group has largest number of "karyakarta"?

putnanja
BGR Newbie

Post by putnanja » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:45 am

I feel the Facebook post by The Frustrated India captures the issue correctly, at least from my perspective.
In the recent debate on the ban on firecracker sales, it pains to see that most people, in their futile attempt to sound politically correct missed a critical point. For one, it was not about firecrackers and their impact on the environment, given no critic of the ban denied the ill-effects. However, the protest was against the selective outrage of the SC, given their lack of intervention in other issues.
We received comments like ‘Goats are in minority, so no harm slaughtering them’ and ‘change must begin with us’. The first category is of those people who will slaughter anyone in the minority it seems, and the second one was waiting for the SC to be the beacons of change because, before that, they were cool leaving their elaborate Carbon footprints.
In the context of cultural erosion, firecrackers ban is a small piece of the puzzle, but it must be remembered that it is often the small pieces that facilitate the completion of an otherwise giant puzzle, which in this case is the swift erosion of Hinduism.
Read it fully

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 am

Hindus already lost the plot. Please whine more. It will definitely solve all the problems. You guys are not even loyal to your leader. You expect him to die for you and work day and night?
Please, no one wants your cheer-leading. BJP should ditch this so called RW.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 am

syam wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 am
Hindus already lost the plot. Please whine more. It will definitely solve all the problems. You guys are not even loyal to your leader. You expect him to die for you and work day and night?
Please, no one wants your cheer-leading. BJP should ditch this so called RW.
-------------------------------------------------------------

If RW ditches the BJP these guys can kiss their poll prospects goodbye

Lets see what will be their vote share then

I wish the RSS would take a pubic stand against the cracker ban and stand for Hindu rights

RSS must hold an outreach programme with other parties including the Congress and AAP if necessary

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:09 am

Indifference can cut both ways

If the BJP is indifferent to Hindus , we can equally well stay away from the polling booths

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:11 am

shravanp wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 am
Rudradev wrote:

I too believe in this however I doubt if such levels of witch-hunting would happen even if Congoons come back to power. This is really serious witch hunting. And there will be a serious backlash against Congoons, that they will position themselves worse than Mughals/British as a general perception on ground. Why would Congoons (if voted to power) would invite such ire?

Anyways, TINA factor is way too huge/immense. So Congoons are not going to come anywhere close to power corridors for next 10 years at the minimum.
You need to understand one thing, Congoons are backed by outsiders and many off them spendd time abroad with a small protected Lutyens/Mumbai and other walled off places, Keeping India weak and poor India is thier agenda. Many of thier supporters also do not realize.

So people said in 2002, all they needed was to win 18% of the vote 145 seats in 2004 and then Officially Non Congoon Coongoons joined them and worked with in LS and RS. The same mistake can easily happen in 2004. ABV did some great things which came to fruction in 2003-08 period. The INC destroyed it with a scorched earth policy. The BIF were ready for 2014 defeat, only a 2019 defeat will rankle them. IN fact 2019 is as critical as 2014, a defeat then will see C-system will be dented as they can hold on with 5 years without funds but 10 years will be too much.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:16 am

Schmidt wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:09 am
Indifference can cut both ways

If the BJP is indifferent to Hindus , we can equally well stay away from the polling booths
Excellent, let BJP loose 2019. Then see how the BIF forces come back at you. You can say its only BJP loss, but it is more our loss. Making the BIF system irrelevant is the need of the hour. it takes 10-15 years to weed out the various network from education to Courts, babus etc.

This is like negotiating like Pakistan with a gun to its head. No wonder the DMK, SP, BSP, CPI(M), INC and NGO and others behave the way they do. They know Hindus dont stand together for long and will crack in a short time.

1 vote and you guys want all your agenda fulfilled. How about trying to get RS, Courts filled with friendlies and make the above irrelevant first.

I guess many of our forethers like Ambi thought Nanda was not Hindu enough let Alexander deliver for us or like when Alahudin Khilji arrived in BD. Super keep it up, stay away from the poll booth and let INC< CPI(M) win.