The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Hari Seldon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:39 am

Seems SC will conduct daily hearings on RJB from December onwards (about bl00dy time, no?).

There's a distinct chance truth may win - i.e., factual evidence of a Raam mandir demolished by phoren invaders will become court-recognized fact. IOW, there's a chance a Ram mandir may be green-lighted in our present lifetimes....

Hence, the usual suspects in the media/ opposition/c-system beneficiaries/etc are back to high-pitch howling again... (see below) Savour n move on. Lol.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Deans45 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:39 am
It would be simplistic to point fingers at Christians or any other community. I'm Christian and do not support the cracker ban, or other restrictions on hindu sentiments.

I've also been a company CEO. I don't know any HR person from my community but can tell you that HR on their own plays little role in telling people what to do in their personal time. What is important is the corporate culture. As a CEO for e.g I've taken a strong stance against my employees circulating fake news, or taking any anti govt position on social media, particularly if it's factually incorrect, or hurts sentiments. It's not difficult to engage with such people and explain the facts behind things like Demo or Rohingya refugees.
There are companies - mostly the foreign ones with so called liberal values, that do propagate things like noiseless Diwali, gay rights, tolerance etc. I can only say that detracts from their focus on business and also causes resentment among sone employees.
Thank you Deans45 for that articulation!

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Facebook banning groups and people (or not banning but playing dirty tricks) is NOT new
My fb group https://facebook.com/groups/RightToRecallParty has "vanished". Sometimes, it shows up for a few days and then it vanishes again !!!
Many people were unable to access my profile https://facebook.com/MehtaRahulC from their FB android app. It worked fron from PC, but gave problems on android aap only. The app will show all profiles, but crash if user selects my profile in friend list !! I personally saw it in meeting --- some 5 out of 8 persons were unable to see my FB profile from FB android app. Now my friends that problem is gone.
Solution is to make Indian FB i.e. FB where ALL shareholders are Indian. But then, they too may have their agenda
A long term solution is to have TORRENT based social (or rather political) media. Each user will need to create a public key and private key, or the app will create one for him using some code from user as input. The user's a post will get stored as file on user's PC or mobile, and app will create torrent. And then file / torrent will be get copied from user's own PC or mobile to PC and mobiles of users who want to listen to him. Those who dont want to listen to that speaker may unsubscribe his feeds. So a post will be available unless all including the person who created that post deletes it. Such TORRENT based Social Media will be immune such banning by one company or govt or anyone.
Sync is one such social media application. Its protocol is published, by Sync's source code is NOT published afaik. We need a system where source code of app is also public.

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Just stumbled upon this page-

https://www.facebook.com/PakHinduSabha/ ... 7389971772

Shows the condition of Hindus in pakistan. Almost every month they post that around 200-500 Hindus converted to Islam. And no one bats an eyelid. One gharwapsi here and whole media goes crazy. Bunch of hypocrites, liars and traitors our media persons.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 pm

i posted a superb article by minhaz merchant he commented that next year RJB judgement will be passed by SC, irrespective of what judgement is it will benefit Modi. http://www.dailyo.in/politics/narendra- ... 19946.html

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:40 pm

news18 has published an article in Hindi doing rounds where it says diyas are harmful
entire study is based on assumption every one used milawati sarso tel (mustard oil), it releases pollutants punching holes in ozone and creating smog..

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:41 pm

thanks deans we need to know perspective from all sides...#
# I also feel Taj is overrated is a bad argument, our stance should be
we care for Taj but we will rebuild temples of historic importance.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Indrad wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 pm
i posted a superb article by minhaz merchant he commented that next year RJB judgement will be passed by SC, irrespective of what judgement is it will benefit Modi. http://www.dailyo.in/politics/narendra- ... 19946.html
My fears are that the SC may pass a judgement to

a. Build a hospital or school
b. Build a multi faith complex

Given the sheer number of hindu dhimmis, Modi government may find it hard to raise sentiments against such a decision.

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:44 pm
Indrad wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Given the sheer number of hindu dhimmis, Modi government may find it hard to raise sentiments against such a decision.
In general, do not expect any decision that will favor Hindus fully (as it should). SC will give some bullshit decision to placate both parties. Or it will keep delaying it. They just dont have the balls (or inclination I suppose) to give the right decision.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Chandragupta wrote:

Going by the recent Diwali and "almost" Rohingya judgments, we can expect protests from the government's side and on the streets. SC is only going to undermine its own standing in India. No hospital or school will be built, regardless of what the SC says.

Are there any constitutionally appropriate measures that the UP Assembly can take to condemn such judgment?

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Rajdeep S and fellow seculars seem to be mightily upset at Yogi's Diwali celebrations in Ayodhaya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuJY_kT_64

"CM Yogi Puts Up Grand Show Of Strength At Ayodhya, A Day Ahead Of Diwali"

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 pm

i swear the next guy who says 'why temple, why not hospital' will get it from me....

this reeks of paki attitude of 'i keep what i have, let's negotiate what u have'...

Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Post by Shyamal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Cracker Ban does not seemed to have really worked at my locality.
It same as previous years.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 am

Yogi has all the fiberals in their knots. All the joy they had in fenforcing Cracker ban in NCR is now paid with interest. This is why we need poliical power . This event alone has given me immense satisfaction and caused untold takleef to these A-holes. Now with daily SC hearing on RJB, we can hope for a Mandir very soon. SC wont have balls to give any other judgement.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:45 am

kvjayan wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 pm
Rajdeep S and fellow seculars seem to be mightily upset at Yogi's Diwali celebrations in Ayodhaya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuJY_kT_64

"CM Yogi Puts Up Grand Show Of Strength At Ayodhya, A Day Ahead Of Diwali"
The cheeky b@satrd tried to pull a fast one by showing destitute children in Ghorakpur and contrasting that with celebration in Ayodhya. I mean unbelievable propaganda. You can always contrast any kind of pleasure with some kind of pain. Thats the reality of life. I mean the same Turdesai can contrast Pappu's Berkeley's sojourn with some dobar bandi in his Amethi constituency. Can you imagine that?

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 am

In Chennai, people have bursted crackers with a vengence, I have not seen so many crackers and smoke in the last 25 years, it is like back to my childhood years. Looks like Sikular propaganda is having a reverse impact.

It also means people had money in their pocket contrary to propaganda.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:16 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 am
In Chennai, people have bursted crackers with a vengence, I have not seen so many crackers and smoke in the last 25 years, it is like back to my childhood years. Looks like Sikular propaganda is having a reverse impact.

It also means people had money in their pocket contrary to propaganda.
Agree with that! But just anecdotally, I have heard that usually those bursting crackers like there's no tomorrow get a ton of them as gift packs. This year I have also heard that there's been a lot of gifting gold jewellery due to cash constraints.

Another point I noted was unlike any time before, there was absolutely no cracker bursting I could hear until about 7am in the morning. Usually, cracker bursting would start first thing in the morning ritualistically, at 4am or even earlier. Wonder if Chennaiwasi's have started to value their morning sleep more than anything else!

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:23 am

Not many firecrackers in Mumbai suburbs. Every year in past decade has seen less and less. Besides schools these days ask children not to burst firrcrackers so most of the kids are saying NO. I went out and burst few just to make point when entire society was quiet. Joined by couple others like me later but no fun like just 5 years back when on Diwali entire society used to gather in ground on Lakshmipoojan. Hi hello exchange of greetings kids shouting running jumping parents shounting at kids joy of celebration... all gone...all quiet now.. just like they want.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:31 am

For those complaining about slowdown of economy should have seen the crowd in the shops in Chennai over the last two weeks. Not many were aware about the cracker ban and enjoyed. People are moving away from crackers to night type fireworks like rockets, seven shots...

The regular messages in social media about promoting sivakasi fireworks over chinese stuff were limited this time as the usual suspects were toeing the 'less pollution' and Diwali is naarth indian festival blah blah

My boss in Mumbai told me that it was much quiter this time and people are buying into the secular coolaid oblivious of the forces behind these machinization

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 am

Indrad wrote:i posted a superb article by minhaz merchant he commented that next year RJB judgement will be passed by SC, irrespective of what judgement is it will benefit Modi.
This could be true. But the verdict should come before the LS elections 2019. Once the verdict is out, the BJP would (and can) get time to build a narrative on it. This is a sensitive issue, and with some clever speeches people's attitude could be changed.
SSunder wrote:SC is only going to undermine its own standing in India.
This may be my gut feeling. But over the last few years, I have noticed much more criticism openly being shown on SC verdicts. This is mainly seen in social media, but now I have also seen articles appearing in MSM, "requesting" Hon.SC to also assess their standing, and constituitional provisions before passing judgements.
achoudhury wrote:Yogi has all the fiberals in their knots. All the joy they had in fenforcing Cracker ban in NCR is now paid with interest. This is why we need poliical power
Was reading some Malayalam online news papers. The grief and angst among the "secular" Keralites should be seen to believe. Some were whining, some where asking Yogi to do different things than celeberate Deepavali, and then complaining about the people of UP who voted him etc.
Aditya_V wrote:In Chennai, people have bursted crackers with a vengence, I have not seen so many crackers and smoke in the last 25 years, it is like back to my childhood years. Looks like Sikular propaganda is having a reverse impact.
Even the news outlets were running stories of how the sales of crackers have come down etc. etc. But from what I saw yesterday, the shops was seeing more footfall. And yesterday evening in my area, crackers were bursting left, right and center. I am not very keen on crackers, and Deepavali is not a major festival for us as well. Yet this time, we lit up lamps and also bursted crackers to good effect.

------
Mean while...
Modi wave: the tide is turning
Pretty much all main stream media have started this trend.
Cracker ban goes up in smoke on Diwali night, Delhi wakes up to hazy morning
The social media is also full of posts talking about how the ban was just against the majority religion. Even business houses which kind of acted "secular" has been named and shamed. LG is one such company. Folks put up images comparing how LG wished people during Christmas, Eid and then Diwali. LG immediately deleted their Diwali tweet.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 am

I think Modi can do just one thing to deliver some good news to the people - CUT TAXES !!!

To hell with esoteric abstract concepts lile GDP , Fiscal deficit etc - these don't win elections

There is no correlation between GDP growth and employment generation either

There is a singular lack of GOOD NEWS in the last 2 years , rather the public has been hit by GST ( high taxes ) and demon

Cut Individual IT to foll rates - ( 0-6 lakhs - no tax , 6-12 lakhs - 10% , 12-20 lakhs - 15% and above 20 lakhs - 20% )

Do this and re-election is guaranteed

Also reduce GST rates - they are literally killing consumption

In their mindless execution of GST , they have actually raised tax rates on many categories that were not even taxed earlier
Today , everything seems pricier. Deepavali shopping was pretty lack lustre this year. People didn't even visit restaurants after finishing their shopping.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 am

Now that LG and Panasonic have made thier anti-pollution stand, they must take responsibility for disposing off the electronic goods they produce, by make neccesary recycleable equipment and paying cash 60% for all thier electronic goods after 5 years.

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 am

Yeah Mumbai seemed quieter. But then I live in Kurla which is a Muslim dominated area so who knows.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 am

In Hyderabad even now there are crackers now and then. I am not a resident of Hyd. But it seems to be ok.

In RJB case, I do not trust SC.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:12 am

sanjayC wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 am
^^ Absolutely. Media being paid by evangelical organizations to guilt shame Hindus about Diwali. Money coming from American churches. It is very suspicious that articles about pollution only come around Diwali and abruptly cease once Diwali is over. Greed and mercenary nature of Times of India and HT owners largely responsible for this. Media barons and lawyer-politicians have no sense of nationalism. They are the Achilles's heel for India. Anti-Hindu forces find an opening through them.
And who paid RSS-leader and Central Minister Harshvardhan to make same claims that media made about poollution and Diwali?
And why did Modiji allowed Harshvardhan to run the show?
Things didnt happen overnight. DrHv has been making anti-Diwali-cracker statements since year 2013 !!! And Central Pollution Control Board Chairman also asked lawyer to make affidavits against crackers in supreme. So Modiji knew all along that DrHV wants to ban crackers
So why did Modiji supported DrHV all along?
-------------
SSundar wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:52 pm
Chandragupta wrote:

Going by the recent Diwali and "almost" Rohingya judgments, we can expect protests from the government's side and on the streets. SC is only going to undermine its own standing in India. No hospital or school will be built, regardless of what the SC says.

Are there any constitutionally appropriate measures that the UP Assembly can take to condemn such judgment?
Any decision made by SCjs can be cancelled by Loksabha alone, by marking the bill as money bill and so permission of RS isnt needed
In fact, LS can make law on RJB today without waiting for SCjs' decision. And LS law will end the RJB case in supreme.
Its another matter why RSS-workers are NOT asking voters to send tweets to @PmoIndia to print laws to make Ram Janam Bhoomi, Krishna Janam Bhoomi and Kashi Vishvanath.