The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
syam
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by syam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm

SRoy wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:34 pm
@syam
Well Mr. Prime Minister calls himself a tea seller. It his own coined attribute.
Some times our mom says - dear, I am living for you and will always work for your betterment.

Lets put collar on her and treat like some slave. Because she said so. People here fallen to lowest level.

dnivas
BGR Newbie

Post by dnivas » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Not sure where Sroy's crazy outburst came from .

We want a stronger , less defanged BJP [Modi] . We are for more Modi and not Rahul Gandu. No idea why people keep saying just because I or someone else feel sad that BJP is not more strident , i am more pappu

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:09 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:47 pm
Those people who say the fight is between Modi and Rahul have already given away the country to its enemies.

If you are willing to admit that Modi is not a right person for PM post, and Rahul is only worse, then it is your nationalist duty to find a third person who you think is fit to run the country, and then promote that person.

You do remember that when things were bad in years going to 2014, we rallied and got this tea seller (our mistake).

Its time to do it again.
Dude, tell me one person who can be compared to Modiji. He don't need certificate from commies like you. He already proven himself countless times.

It's such a shame comrades also cribbing about PM. They should whip up another revolution and produce big leader immediately.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
then it is your nationalist duty to find a third person who you think is fit to run the country, and then promote that person.
....... Its time to do it again.
And that person is......? If no definitive person in mind yet, who are your candidates?

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:20 pm

srikumar wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 pm
AbhishekC wrote:
then it is your nationalist duty to find a third person who you think is fit to run the country, and then promote that person.
....... Its time to do it again.
And that person is......? If no definitive person in mind yet, who are your candidates?
Yogi, the unapologetic one.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:25 pm

there was a time for whining and that's over.

it's now time for supporting modi or supporting rahul. it is either or. no middle ground nonsense.

you get your yogi in 2024, if he performs in UP.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Gus wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:25 pm
there was a time for whining and that's over.

it's now time for supporting modi or supporting rahul. it is either or. no middle ground nonsense.

you get your yogi in 2024, if he performs in UP.
You are behaving like a shill. No question about it.

I wonder if you will behave with the same embarrassing arrogance once the videos of your hero come out doing hanky panky with an educated minister.

Klnmurthy
BGR Newbie

Post by Klnmurthy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:32 pm

Sachin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:13 am
JohnTitor wrote:As far as Karnataka is concerned, BJP will not be the choice.
In KA if BJP gets trounced (which most likely it will), it is purely because of local issues and the infighting within the BJP. No point in blaming the central government or Modi for the same.
Why do we have to blame the central government here? Maintaining of city facilities like street lights etc. is the job of the city corporation. If Mysore City corporation failed in its job, Karnataka state government should pull them up to task. But what happens is that Mysore City Corp. is corrupt and greedy, their supervisors at KA state govt. level is even more greedy. And both can blame some one else, sitting miles away (and get away with it).
During the '14 campaign Smriti Irani gave Pappu hell for the condition of Amethi and his response was, well it's the state government 's job.

It was a lame excuse then, and it is lame now.

Taking a bureaucratic view that, "I did my job, if the results are poor it is someone else's fault " shows a lack of imaginative leadership. If is one thing to delegate and not micromanage when you know you have competent professional people working for you. In this case, the minister should have known beforehand that the local authorities are anything but competent or professional.

There are plenty of ways to put pressure on local authorities to get the job done when you are a central minister and even if they are not directly under your chain of command. Just signals to their boss--hey this better work, if you don't want your skeletons to come out--which could and should have been sent.

The voter was promised results, not excuses why the results weren't achieved. Modi is a theory Y management guy, but he has to make creative theory X adjustments to his methods if his crew isn't theory Y material.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:32 pm

If donkeys call me commy, I will call them quislings.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:36 pm

syam wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm
SRoy wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:34 pm
@syam
Well Mr. Prime Minister calls himself a tea seller. It his own coined attribute.
Some times our mom says - dear, I am living for you and will always work for your betterment.

Lets put collar on her and treat like some slave. Because she said so. People here fallen to lowest level.
Modi has always for only one thing - himself. Only the intellectually lazy don't see that. They want to hand over all unquestioned power to one man, and never question him. This is the mentality of a willing slave.

If you think that I will not hold Modi or other elected leaders accountable for their promises, then people like you are the biggest threat to democracy. If you think I am giving Modi a hard time and should lay off, well, no one asked him to become PM. He fought for the throne of thorns. He is well to leave. There are plenty of capable people in BJP.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:39 pm

SRoy, I have reported your post for abusive language. You know which one.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Last edited by Karthik on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klnmurthy
BGR Newbie

Post by Klnmurthy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:35 am
There is no alternative to Modi or to BJP. An alternative to Modi will only come in through the BJP unless Pappu becomes a Shiv Bhakth for real! This is until someone like Tapan Ghosh / Hindu samhiti comes along to challenge for Hindutva voters at a national level, something which is decades away.
India's enemies are feeling a surge, what with the gujarat gains and the 2g acquittal. This will be a challenge for Modi's political skills as they have very deep institutional experience in the politics game to draw upon.

For Indic patriots, 2019 will be a defensive battle, fighting for survival.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 pm

arshyam wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:39 pm
SRoy, I have reported your post for abusive language. You know which one.
Please do.
If facts are not palatable to you, no one can help.

All the while it seems, it is okay for you to apply the "commie" liberally since you some of the native places of the poster is known.
Why not someone report this forum for exercising ethnicity based discrimination and insults? GDF@BRF redux.
Last edited by SRoy on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Klnmurthy
BGR Newbie

Post by Klnmurthy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:53 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Absolutely.

And the real question we should be asking is - why?
Is it possible that Modi is, at heart a gentleman, a magnanimous soul quite different from the ruthless mass murderer image that the world has internalized about him?

I may be wrong, but I believe that RSS teaches its members about the glories of Hindu magnanimity towards fallen enemies. Correct?

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Karthik wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:26 pm
BJP/Modi guys, please realize BJP or NM is the LEAST worst option, the party causes least damage to bharat, and indics. That's about it. Nobody is talking about voting other party. At the moment, it seems like BJP will kill indics in 50 years rather than say 25 years if other party comes to power. You guys can keep giving chanakya neetins about how NM after winning all elections and RS seats will suddenly become a new man or when India becomes 5T dollar economy will somehow change the situation. You can always judge him by the kind of people he has kept at important positions.

As voters, least we can do is keep a check on stupidty of govts and its policies, we need to be critical and keep demanding what's good for US.
Many here seem like fan boys blindly supporting a party or a man, you seem no different from sycophants from other parties.
The bolded part is very accurate. Sometimes I think that congress by being merciless and finish off indics in 15-25 years is actually a better option because the sudden attack will awaken Hindus. BJP’s slow killing with a thousand cuts is akin to the metaphorical frog being boiled. The change will be so slow, it won’t wake indics from their slumber.

The 2 UPA terms was what awakened the indics. Not the 70 years prior because Hinduism was slowly being eroded during that time.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:58 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:36 pm
Modi has always for only one thing - himself. Only the intellectually lazy don't see that. They want to hand over all unquestioned power to one man, and never question him. This is the mentality of a willing slave.

If you think that I will not hold Modi or other elected leaders accountable for their promises, then people like you are the biggest threat to democracy. If you think I am giving Modi a hard time and should lay off, well, no one asked him to become PM. He fought for the throne of thorns. He is well to leave. There are plenty of capable people in BJP.
Better to be Modiji slave than Italian slave. Better to be donkey than commie.

See I have full clarity on these stuff.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:03 pm

I have been critical of some of Modi's actions, decisions but labeling him selfish is not right. The guy raised to this position by doing leap of development work in Gujrat. His tireless work is commendable. For BJP he just delivered another two states. Hell Delhi MCD elections which were otherwise a goner for bjp were faught and won on his name. North east is conquered. So he is doing great for bjp by setting foundation in many parts. Without him BJP couldn't imagine that sweeping result in UP. Nitish has come back, key member of TMC is now in bjp, he is keeping balance in tamilnadu, under his guidance north east is firmly under indic party. Some political things may not happen in bjp's favor but that's okay.

My biggest worry is always core voters and thats where he need to do more. I may be wrong here but thats what I strongly feel. He has abandoned BJP's core constituency. This forum, a small sample of bjp's core constituency is a mirror. Lets see if he has ear on ground.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:13 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Those people who say the fight is between Modi and Rahul have already given away the country to its enemies.

If you are willing to admit that Modi is not a right person for PM post, and Rahul is only worse, then it is your nationalist duty to find a third person who you think is fit to run the country, and then promote that person.

You do remember that when things were bad in years going to 2014, we rallied and got this tea seller (our mistake).

Its time to do it again.
All your posts have one purpose and one purpose only. To goad people into not voting for Modi. Modi was a candidate in 2014 because of his track record. There is no body who even comes close to Modi in the current scenario. At least, why don't you propose a candidate before you ask people to dump Modi.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Fence sitters vote in euphoria of wave. Once that euphoria is over they look for another reason for existence, another wave. Core voters are insurance in rainy day. They keep the party alive when the going gets tough. These voters kept BJP in game even when they were out of power for 10 years. If those votes are shaken then god help the party. See what happened to communist party. Once a formidable political force now reduced to almost nothing.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 pm
Primus wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm
From what I have heard on YT through BJP spokespersons, the burden of proof did rest with the prosecutors, but they were not appointed by this government although accountable to it. That there has been a scam and of a huge amount is not at dispute (as per the court's judgement, although Congoons claim a complete moral victory nevertheless) and the courts simply could not find the accused guilty because of lack of convincing evidence against these particular rascals.

It is likely, and I hope so, that the BJP and PM's office has learned from both of these recent setbacks and will take corrective action. The case will of course go to higher courts. As Patra pointed out, it took 17 long years for Lalloo to be convicted and yet he was. So also were Jessica's killers.

Yes, a dark hour indeed for us who believe in this government and its leadership, but this is by no means a lost cause, far from it, I remain optimistic that it will prove to be the necessary wake up call. Watch for 2018 to be a real roller-coaster.
What did you think when the Mukul Roy, the Trinamool MP, who was arrested in Sharada scam, chargesheeted in Narada sting by CBI, was welcomed by Amit Shah to join BJP?

Did you see any problem with that? Or not?

When it comes to corruption, BJP is not much different. IN 3-1/2 years it has hardly done anything concrete to fight corruption. It hasn't even appointed a Lokepal.
I have no problems with this government and NaMo doing whatever needs to be done to further the nationalist cause. As I said before, NaMo needs to wallow in the mud and get down and dirty in order to deal with the vermin who live there. Chanakya Niti calls for guile, cunning and subterfuge, with a merciless application of power when needed. He is bound to learn, perhaps already is.

Who is not corrupt, if you define it strictly, are you not too? Honestly, with hand on your heart, have you never bribed anybody, taken a shortcut through your 'connections', gained an upper hand over somebody because you knew how to do it? If we as ordinary citizens are corrupt, what right do we have to expect our government and our leaders to be honest? We all excuse ourselves by saying - everyone else is doing it and so what is wrong if I do it too, or if the government was stricter, I wouldn't be doing it. So if there was no penalty for murder you would do it?

There is a lot that this government has done, a lot more it needs to do. Each of us has his priorities as to what those needs are. Every voter usually has a single issue he votes on. It is the same in India, in UK, in USA. The wishes of every voter cannot be granted, certainly not in the short time NaMo has had in power. Give him one more term, the Congoons got 55 years. The least we can do is have the patience to wait it out.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:21 pm

I don't know who you are considering a core voter. Not all core voters expect everything to be done in this term alone. There are some who recognize the difficulties and are willing to wait. Then there are others who are impatient. And then there are some who pose as core voters but their only purpose to affect dissatisfaction among the supporters.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:25 pm

^^

Posers? Like they readily pronounce dissatisfied core voters as pappu voters? Where is this coming from?

Seriously.

That single nonsensical post by Gus has generated two pages of retributive nonsense.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 pm

When it comes to corruption, BJP is not much different. IN 3-1/2 years it has hardly done anything concrete to fight corruption. It hasn't even appointed a Lokepal.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :)) This is what Kejriwal wants. Now we know where you are coming from.

Klnmurthy
BGR Newbie

Post by Klnmurthy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Gus wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:48 pm
Rahul supporters in full force. Go ahead and make Rahul PM. That'll show us apologists how much you are needed.

SRoy, take that "my state better hindu than your state" BS and stuff it.
Just reacting to this strand, not particularly to your words above.

Just look at us here. All supposedly on the same side. But we can't seem to even have a decent multi-way conversation, let alone apply our minds in the service of our common cause.

X can't express a concern about Modi sarkar's functioning before Y jumps on him and pronounces him a congressi traitor or a black money king. And Z jumps in with regional or some other sectarian abuse. And W is raging against Modi because he isn't behaving like the image of all-destroying monster that Modi's enemies paint of him(except it would be as W's personal monster-servant).

Passion is good, but how about saving it for the cause (remind me again, is there a cause, and if so, what is it?) and not weaponizing it to verbally slaughter and destroy our own comrades?

We do know that this is a publicly visible forum, and, if we have any relevance at all, our enemies wouldn't be too stupid to track us, right?

On the other hand, if they are not tracking us, that would be the ultimate tribute to our self-absorption and irrelevance.
Last edited by Klnmurthy on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.