The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
srikumar
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by srikumar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:47 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 am
ANI‏Verified account @ANI
It had come to our notice that if a Muslim woman wants to go on Haj ,she must have a ‘Mehram’ or a male guardian, otherwise she cannot travel, it was discriminatory, we have changed this rule and this year arnd 1300 women applied to go without a male guardian: PM Modi #MannKiBaat
One wedge is all it takes, keep heaving. It will widen. Or so we hope.
This came out roughly a month or two ago IIRC i.e. before the TT bill. So, that makes it two now. I dont know if there is a strategy here but it blows my mind what goes on under the cover of the veil (no pun intended). It is absolutely bizarre that a Muslim woman has to have a male 'guardian' to go for haj. From what I can gather, this is probably not even a Islamic 'rule', if it was, Saudi Arabia would have not allowed the women to enter. It had to have been specific to India, i.e. GOI would have put this up as a requirement- forced/enjoined by the usual organizations. If true, this is a bit disturbing. I am willing to be corrected on this. And one report said something about polygamy.....I suspect it is probably just as wide-spread as TT. And the fact that GOI felt compelled to pass a bill (including punishment) for TT even after a SC verdict means that the TT verdict was being flouted/ignored. I suspect it is the same for polygamy.

The lady for All India Muslim Woman Personal LAw Board who mentioned polygamy problem in an article.....I was wondering why she went public with this. It does not take much for some mullah to cause problems to her, with a fatwa and the like ....and get away with it. I recall reading that she has 2 daughters (Which is why she was talaqed...via phone), and probably that is why she is openly fighting for their future that they do not end up in the same boat.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:48 pm

SSundar wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:51 pm
Saar, 234 might be difficult but 39 is easy, if you catch my drift. He has had community contacts for many years and can pull the right people into his party from all constituencies. His fan base will be his cadre. His fan base numbers are sufficient to shift the victory margins in most constituencies. The guy is already "communal" Indic, so even when he picks Loveful or Peaceful candidates, they will be aligned with his Indic values.
Exactly. Rajni as far as I can tell is indic. And whole I cant be sure the candidates he will pick will be too, it's likely that they will not be as bad as the Dmk lot..

As you say, his fanbase will be hia cadre and even if he cannot muster majority, he will havw enough to make him a kingmaker.

v_raman
BGR Newbie

Post by v_raman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:22 pm

Islam makes life easy for males. TT/Polygamy/Food - the basic urges of a man are easily taken care of under religious sanction. Heck you can even beat the women! What else do you need :-) If you remove these - then the attraction for Islam goes away especially in a country like India where the mother ship is always overbearing! Hence the resistance...

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:45 pm

I have never seen so much friendly fire between Mualana/Mulla's and the muslim women after Triple Talaaq Bill. I never thought it would happen. There is one Muslim Anchor in ABP, she plastered the Con party spokesperson and another Maulana(Rashid). it is just hilaruous to watch.

This looks like a game changer. I need see how this plays out in Rajya Sabha. Con Party in a nut cracker. Either way they are screwed. But does this translates into votes to BJP is to be seen. I want to see that bugger Owaisi loose the Hyderabad seat. Even if the women sit out and not vote will be a positive thing. I lived in the old city of Hyderabad in the 80's. Have to suffer due to curfews mainly because of MIM and Congress perfidy. NTRs TDP put an end to it.

Triple talaq petitioner Ishrat Jahan joins BJP

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:51 pm

It seems arrange mahram (Male Guardian) has become a business. I read somewhere there are agents who does this type of work and charge for it. They are out of business now thanks to Modi.
srikumar wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:47 pm
It is absolutely bizarre that a Muslim woman has to have a male 'guardian' to go for haj. From what I can gather, this is probably not even a Islamic 'rule', if it was, Saudi Arabia would have not allowed the women to enter. It had to have been specific to India, i.e. GOI would have put this up as a requirement- forced/enjoined by the usual organizations. If true, this is a bit disturbing. I am willing to be corrected on this. And one report said something about polygamy.....I suspect it is probably just as wide-spread as TT. And the fact that GOI felt compelled to pass a bill (including punishment) for TT even after a SC verdict means that the TT verdict was being flouted/ignored. I suspect it is the same for polygamy.

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Here is a hard hitting interview of Arif Mohammad Khan. Worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkbXTtt1UEw

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:45 pm

shynee wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Wasn't expecting this from a Congress party walla. He goes after the pro-TT people, including Owaisi, calling his party a Razaakar party :lol: . For some reason, the interviewers were taken aback by the vehemence of his stance. Arif Khan says by passing the TT bill now, the blunder of post-86 Shah Bano verdict is avoided (did not exactly understand the context but I assume he means that a SC judgment must be followed by a LS-enacted law or else the judgment will be flagrantly flouted).

Old city in the '80s? Man, you must have stories to tell.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:03 am

srikumar wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:45 pm
shynee wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Wasn't expecting this from a Congress party walla. He goes after the pro-TT people, including Owaisi, calling his party a Razaakar party :lol: . For some reason, the interviewers were taken aback by the vehemence of his stance. Arif Khan says by passing the TT bill now, the blunder of post-86 Shah Bano verdict is avoided (did not exactly understand the context but I assume he means that a SC judgment must be followed by a LS-enacted law or else the judgment will be flagrantly flouted).

Old city in the '80s? Man, you must have stories to tell.
Minor detail: Arif Mohammed Khan was part of Cong(I) in the mid-80s. He left them to join V.P. Singh's Janata Dal, switched between a host of secular parties and finally joined the BJP. He parted ways with Rajiv Gandhi's INC over Shah Bano amendment, criticized the party for kowtowing to the mullahs; he left the party in disgust. A courageous fella!

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:17 am

HNY folks. My first BGF post in 2018. Glad it is heartening news, and to do with one of my favorite pilgrimage destinations - Tirumala.

40 Tirumala staff to receive summons for practicing faith other than Hinduism (newsminute)

And here's how it came to a head:
The action was taken after a video of a TTD official visiting church went viral.
I'd read in scoMedia reports of TTD employees who're practising xtians, who abused reservations meant for Hindu SCs, to get into TTD employment and then started openly visiting churches. Attitude was "kya ukhaad loge?"

Seems like 'em days of lording over 'em dumb indics by looting their money while hating them are not over yet, but just go a little hotter under the collar. Onlee.

Meanwhile Mohandas Pai puts it very well here, sans the abstraction and political correctness:
Mohandas Pai Verified account @TVMohandasPai 31 Dec 2017
The subversion of Hinduism should be stopped!for too long has Hinduism been abused by evangelists and leftist malcontents!Hindus must unite to protect Hinduism,must close ranks be United to protect Dharma!TTD should spend its 8000 cr corpus to grow Dharma.
Hear, hear!

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:08 am

Hari awaru... Green on green, while better than the status quo, one should not be fooled into thinking that the fissures are permanent.

When it is kafir vs them, the choice is always clear. It’s only foolish Hindus who fall for “ethics” and “justice “ (however twisted the logic to arrive at that conclusion)

The fight must continue!

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 am

Bought and read this in coupla sittings. Illuminating, and the first four chapters are actually neutral in tone, even if Jha as a leftie later on resorts to using classic leftie jargon like "subaltern" and accuses BJP of false propagandu for communal polarisation, yada yada.

How the BJP wins elections, by Prashant Jha

Fitting then that this article appears, handily a day later reg KA.

As poll clock ticks in K'taka, Shah ticks off 'lax' state BJP leaders (Deccan Herald)

Came away with renewed respect for the rigor, effort, planning, attention to detail, mass-contact, grasp on human and org psychology, experimentation, implementation, test-and-learn mindset and everything about Amitbhai Shah when it comes to poll prep.

Also realize just how crucially reliant on these 2 individuals - Modi and Shah - the entire edific of Indic govt currently is. Edge of the precipice is where we are, trying to slowly step back.... Sheesh.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:30 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:46 am
Politics joins Rajini sir !!!

Rajini sir will form political party

His party will contest all MLA seats in TN, and win twice the seats he contests !!

He can become Modiji of TN !!

His script writer is excellent !!!

He too comes from humble background - father was a small time constable and Rajni sir was once a coolie, a carpenter and then a bus conductor

Both are great actors !!!

Whats the translation of "achchhe din coming" in Tamil?
why this extreme khunnas (खुन्नस) for TN, MehtaRahulC ji??

Doesn't TN deserve a Modi for itself or are you some sort of a closet EJ in a dhoti shiver??

Yourself from a privileged background, even after 22 years of anti-incumbency of the BJP and yet you only managed a mere handful of nutcase votes for your self. when is your own "achchhe din" coming??.

Don't mistake me. I truly admire your Don Quixote style of politics and the mere fact that you unfailingly choose to put yourself out there in the harsh unforgiving glare of public domain, only to be snubbed everytime and yet you willingly rise again to join battle. Your methods are not for everyone but honestly, our democracy would be diminished, were it not for folks like you.

re: Modi, pissing against the wind produces only one result. unpleasant for all, except Modi.

suryag
BGR Newbie

Post by suryag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:08 am

Rajini - to win the elections has to promise one thing for sure, closing all TASMAC licenses and increasing excise on liquor to sky high levels to be served only in star hotels so that the generation of youth that has been physically and mentally damaged by this menace can recover. Of course, many things here, bootleggging will increase but his cadre are there to report back and also who cares if some idiot ingest methanol and dies. OTOH, we will have current TASMAC outlet employees who will be jobless, tell them he will help in setting up restaurants at the same locations(most of these outlets are in prime location anyway), the bigger thing would be revenue loss but he can take a leaf out of Paikhanastan's leaders and say we will eat grass but wont drink Alchohol. Once he promises this, see the woman folks doing aarthi for him(i find TN ladies to be more assertive of their rights when compared with other states(due to DK and other nonsense) and he will be able to pull of a victory.

abhik
BGR Newbie

Post by abhik » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:08 pm

Any update on the Assam NRC first draft release? From the news reports it seems that they have released 1.9 crore names of the 3.29 crore as 'legal'. I was hoping that there was also a list of confirmed 'illegals' (apart from 'legal' and 'yet to be determined').

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Trumpanzee tweeting random stuff here ... even broken clocks n all that ...

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:45 pm

chetak wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:30 am
why this extreme khunnas (खुन्नस) for TN, MehtaRahulC ji??
I have zero grudge etc against TN or any state. I am anti-SoMoKe, anti-CoRaAp, but have nothing against any voter group.

Rajnikant will be just another Chiranjeev. And Rajnikant is already quite pro-Missionary. I have put some of YT links, where he was praising God in way similar to EJs. I will try to dig out those links.
added later
Jesus Was My Top Guru - Says Rajini kanth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7ngZFYh4I

pls see - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGRcae2pjfc

[youtube]wGRcae2pjfc [/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRdY8LSOQrI

Rajinikanth Speech - Jesus Is My Top Guru - Must Watch

(about above video - all in Tamil, didnt understand the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRRoDnBsBxc

-----
In one speech yesterday, he already said that he will emphasis on "seculamrism" !!!

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 pm

every president has said something similar ..bush, ombaba as well. not in a tweet, or used words like foolish etc, but the gist is the same.

but nothing ever has changed. let's see if there is actual change and not just some blustering and posturing and folding meekly after getting some concession.

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:35 am

Mann Ki Baat beats Aadhaar and GST as most trending Twitter hashtag in 2017

interesting that the most far reaching reforms have been wrt to aadhar and gst.
mann ki baat is a simple NaMo style campaign for over 3 years. Amazing

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 am

Gus wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:36 pm
every president has said something similar ..bush, ombaba as well. not in a tweet, or used words like foolish etc, but the gist is the same.

but nothing ever has changed. let's see if there is actual change and not just some blustering and posturing and folding meekly after getting some concession.
+1, Gus babu.

Trump talked tough on the likes of PRC w.r.t. trade, too. And didn't follow-through.

I've little hope of Trump doing anything tangible w.r.t. Pak. Not unless the entrenched pro-pak state dept cabal is uprooted. Or perhaps, maybe even then.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:15 am

Ram Madhav Verified account @rammadhavbjp 2h2 hours ago
In Meghalaya today, 4 MLAs from Congress n other parties will join BJP together with other elected members n hundreds of supporters. 'Meghalaya for Change - Meghalaya for BJP' is PM's call
https://twitter.com/rammadhavbjp/status ... 6006708224

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:47 am

(1) Gujarat Finance Minister and RSS-leader Nitinbhai Patel will loose Finance Ministry after speaker of Gujarat Assembly is elected. Because if he had defected to congress with say 20 MLAs, then congress would have got speaker chosen by congress who can then simply delay anti-defection proceedings for 5 years !! So RSS-apex-leaders realized that before backstabbing RSS-leader Nitinbhai Patel, it is necessary to get a loyal speaker elected first, so that fear of anti-defection law becomes more real. Lets see how drama goes. Govt can auction TV transmission rights for assembly proceedings , and given the entertainment value, channels will be willing to pay quite a lot

(2) Rajinikant is all set to become Chiranjeev-2.

(3) About the HC case of election of Congress Rajsabha member Sri Ahmedbhai Patel - even if 2 invalid votes are allocated to any of the 4 RSS's Rajsabha Sri candidates , Sri Ahmedbhai still wins. But HC'ss judgment on whether election commission can declare an MLA vote invalid will be a good entertainment.

(4) GST returns for july-2017 were to be filed before 31-aug. Then the last date was extended to 30-sep, then 31-oct then 30-nov and now extended to 10-jan !! What is clear is that last date will be 10-jan. What isnt clear is whether it will be 10-jan-2018 or 10-jan-2019 !! Any inside info?

(5) Ewaybill are my favorite in whole GST setup. They were supposed to start by -1oct-2017. But due to Guj assembly elections, RSS shifted the ewaybill date to 1-jun-2018. "Garaj sari ke vaidya veri" [Gujju saying which means --- now I dont need that doctor anymore (because he has already cured by illness) and so now I am enemy of that doctor] !! So now RSS wants ewaybill to start from 1-feb-2018 !!! GSTN is still not able to do OFFLINE invoice matching of some 100 crore invoice per month. And GSTN will be tasked to take load of ONLINE and almost real generation 10s of lakhs or possibly crores of eway bill per DAY (yes per day) !! More entertainment coming ....

(6) Doctors lost round-1 in NCM vs MCI battle. They declared strike on 2-jan-2018 i.e. today and so they have become unpopular amongst citizens. Looks like IMA head has sold out and that why IMA head declared strike.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:53 am

shynee wrote:It seems arrange mahram (Male Guardian) has become a business. I read somewhere there are agents who does this type of work and charge for it. They are out of business now thanks to Modi.
The nasty "secular" news papers in Malayalam are trying to give Saudi Arabia the credit for this. Saudi Arabia had allowed women to travel alone for Hajj; but that was four years before. Indian Govt (of that day) did not change their rules to help women from India. Now when Modi changed this, the "seculars" are trying credit Saudi Arabia for the same.
JohnTitor wrote:Hari awaru... Green on green, while better than the status quo, one should not be fooled into thinking that the fissures are permanent.
Keep the peacefools busy by making them go at each other's throat. The rest of the nation can then progress, and if any peacefool want to mend their ways they can join the crowd which is progressing.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 am

Gus wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:36 pm
Hari Seldon wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Right on cue, Pakistan govt plans to seize charities and financial assets linked to Hafiz Saeed, claims report
Any bets on who gets fooled first? GoI? Pseudo secular liberals? Washington?
:facepalm:

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:12 am

congress has started caste churning after Gujarat election in other places
Maharashtra caste clash: Several schools and colleges shut in Mumbai

The incident occurred a day after one person died when clashes broke out between villagers from Koregaon Bhima, Pabal and Shikrapur and a large group of people celebrating the January 1, 1818, victory of British troops over Peshwa Bajirao II's army in Koregaon Bhima. Twenty five vehicles were also torched and over 50 vehicles were damaged.

Dalit leaders commemorate the British victory, as it is believed that soldiers from the Mahar community -- then considered untouchable -- were part of the East India Company's forces.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 335957.cms

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Seeing RaGa statements on twitter and Jignesh Mewani getting involved, it is clear now divide Hindus on caste basis for Minorities to rule. This is the real face of INC.