The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
morem
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by morem » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:28 am

And the Govt is reducing rates even more after the decline. That does not make sense.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 am

Sachin wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:39 pm
Karthik wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm
Blah blah
If Modi only highlights this murder........wonders to the Hindutwa cause in India.
Tut-tut, feeding dem trollz again ? Dinch'ya momma tell ya back in yo' childhood dayz: "don't feed no animalz in da zoo". Same advice for internet trolls.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:48 am

Who is Jaichand
Correct. All the wealth did not stop us from being enslaved... because: ...

3. Jaichands exist in all civilizations and in ours, we failed to identify them early and deal with them ruthlessly.
IMO, it will be good if people become more clear with words , instead of making statements about past which imply action about present and also possibly imply VIOLENT (illegal?) action.

From what I read, imo, you are stating that we should deal with "Jaichands" (i.e. people you label as Jaichands) "ruthlessly". Now does it include encounter or just boycott? I think you are implying encounter.

So is Togadiaji Jaichand? And should he be encountered? Imo, this posts suggests so. Admins have banned statements which call for illegal violence. Then imo admins should also ban ambiguous statements, whose one possible meaning imply illegal violence.

Well, I am against dealing with "Jaichands" using illegal "ruthelessness". And bigger question is --- who is "Jaichand". eg Fadnavis in order to promote his political career is openly assisting Missionaries and enabling Missionaries to harvest their souls. Is Fadnavis Jaichand? Next, Fadnavis is also looting temple lands. So again, is Fadnavis Jaichand? And afaik, all rss workers I know support the Fadvanis's step to hand over temple lands to NGOs for welfare purpose. Modiji too has supported this step. And there are people like me who insist that we should all work to inform all citizens of India about this temple land loot. And there are people who call me BIF etc !!
And what about RSS Minister SZI who is PUBLICLY and openly supporting sick movie Padmavati? Is she "Jaichandni"?

My point is --- too many people use label of Jaichand on people he doesnt like and so this label has become useless. Well, all labels are useless, but this label has become more useless, unless someone can give procedure code which can decide who is Jaichand and who is not.
===========
GST collection -

GST collection is falling for now. But many say that eWayBill system coming from 1-feb will increase collection. My take is that - whether GST is falling or not, and what is actual collection of july-2017 GST will not be clear till march-2018 because too many refund claims are pending. And refund claimers are eligible for 1.5% per MONTH interest compounded monthly for the delay that comes 3 months after they submit the claim !! And my take is that eWayBill system will bring all small/medium businesses to total collapse. So eWayBill system must not come. But without eWayBill system, GST may collapse !! So my suggestion is scrap GST completely, not bring back excise/vat/servicetax/cst etc and instead levy wealth tax. Lets see what effect GST is causing --- we will know only after march-2018. Till then we can only speculate.

Also, we need comparison of GST with (excise + cst + vat + service tax + entertainment tax etc etc) of past 3 years. And we need to subtract excise/vat on petrol/liquor from that. I could not get data of past three years. If someone has that data, pls post it.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:33 am

https://swarajyamag.com/ideas/one-bloop ... -forgotten

Interesting read. We need to stop hyperventilating in some cases. People like Satyapal need our support.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:38 am

As per cinematographic act clause-5F and clause-6, Central Govt can ban ANY movie in India or some states, even after censor board has cleared it and courts cannot challenge it But central govt has to issue a notification and specifically mention these two sections in the notification.

The sick movie Padmavati got unbanned by Court because (a) Central Govt had NOT used powers under clause-5F and clause-6. and not issued any notification (b) one cant deny the possibility that the judges had "nexuses"

Also, State Govt and Central Govt could have banned movie under IPC section-295 and section-295A. If ban is under these two section is issued, then ban is tennable and case will go for 10 years in lower court. But neither State Govts nor central govt did NOTHING to impose ban under section-295 and section-295A.

Suffices to say that Modiji, RSS-leaders and RSS-workers support this sick movie and thats why they did NOTHING to block this movie.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 am

many lawyers form a body file petition in Bombay HC to take up case against Amit Shah again in Sohrabuddin case.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Centre to set up five new universities for minorities
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the Ministry has approved 16 Gurukul-type schools in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Jharkhand.
The Centre has decided to set up five new universities for imparting higher education including medical to students belonging to minority communities, Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi announced on Thursday. “We want to establish five universities with world class institutions where higher education including medical and skill development will be imparted as part of efforts to empower minorities.

“…These universities will have big campuses for residential schools, Ayurved, Unani medical education,” the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Minorities Affairs said.

He said the government plans to offer 40 per cent reservation to girl students at the “world class institutions” under the proposed varsities, where, he stated, students from other than minority communities can also undertake education.

Naqvi was speaking to reporters after chairing a meeting of general body of Maulana Azad Education Foundation, he said the Ministry has approved 16 Gurukul-type schools in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Jharkhand.

On whether the varsities will hold minority tags, Naqvi said, “The committee will work out details and decide. But students belonging to other than minority communities can learn there. We will try to give 40 per cent quota to girl students to empower them. It will not be based on religion.”

A high-level committee will be formed in a day or two to work out roadmap within next two months, help identify places where the universities “with world class institutions” will be established and start academic sessions by 2018, Naqvi said.

When asked about probable places where the varsities will take shape, Naqvi said the high-level committee will figure it out.

“Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has already suggested us five properties including three in Jaipur and one in Kota for the purpose,” he added.

Apart from the varsities, the Ministry has, through the Foundation, decided to float ‘Garib Nawaz Skill Development Centres’ across the country.

The meeting also decided to offer ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal’ scholarships to girl students. Besides, students undertaking mainstream education at madrasas will also be offered scholarship henceforth to encourage them, he added.
http://indianexpress.com/article/educat ... s-4450896/

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 pm

SSundar wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 pm
Karthik wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 pm
All the wealth of India didn't stop us from being enslaved, so keep aside NM will ONLY do economic development, and it's enough. Just money will not guarantee any internal security in a country. So economic development alone is not enough in an Indian context.
Correct. All the wealth did not stop us from being enslaved... because:

1. Our people were too Dharmic to realize the vileness and cruelty that drove the minds of the invaders. Plainly, the rules of engagement were interpreted through our culture, not that of the invader.
2. The wealth was not adequately invested in building weaponry. It was invested in building great culture, civilization and prosperity.
3. Jaichands exist in all civilizations and in ours, we failed to identify them early and deal with them ruthlessly.

We can say Modi has done well in #1, extremely well in #2 and somewhat OK in #3. For #3, he has his own unique way of dealing with them. He gives them a lot of rope to hang themselves. They indulge him very well and expose themselves to the public to leave no doubt in anyone's minds. Most of us mere mortals are on a much faster calendar than Modi is with respect to #3 :) . That does not mean he is wrong.
What are you talking about ? Am talking about internal threats.

What modi has done well in #1? Isn't that the point of contention now? There is no engagement now, to have rules for it. Some cases added to previous appeasement policies.
#3, unique way how? How his top cabinet cozying up with them? Giving them ad revenues? How many of known jaichands are charged? Am not talking about any convictions, don't jump there, atleast how many cases are on them? Only SuSwamy has been fighting his individual battle. modi need not expose anyone, everyone knows about them, that's probably one of the contributing factors he got elected.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 pm
it is quite a reach to get from "our nation was rich but still we got enslaved" to "we should prioritize hindutva over development" ..

when we know that the major driver of conversion by a long distance, is abject grinding poverty. Even more than caste based discrimination.

No middle-class 'so-called low caste' would ever convert now.

and on top of that, the current trend is, those who get past the lower base in maslow pyramid -start patronizing their community activities more and strengthen it.

I have personally done that myself - contributing for my community activities and family deity, even being an agnostic, and I've noticed that in my peers of other communities. So enough of this nonsense of we need hindutva now.

modi has taken steps to level the field (ngo money, state patronizing, being unabashed about his own hindu practices etc) and the rest is up to you to go forth and multiply. stop the whinging.
Why is that a reach saar? that development, prosperity will not guarantee security. And what is this ludicrous logic of either vikas or hindutva? Who put such constraint on modi? What exactly is hindutva? Demanding same rights as minority is not asking for anything out of ordinary.

Abject poverty? Really? If that were the case 80% should be non-hindus in India. Fraudulent conversions, casteism, phoren money are the reasons for conversions. Ex: AP during YS as CM. There are so many brahmins who are poor, try to convert them, even though they have no reservations or assistance whatsoever, you'll know if poverty is higher reason for conversion. We know from MH episode how govt is serious about EJs.

On economic front we are in right direction, but for such a big country like India, it will take 2-3 decades for economic growth of lowest strata people. Not containing BIF (even sucking upto them here and there by party leaders) for decades is not a good strategy.
Last edited by Karthik on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 am
Sachin wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:39 pm
Karthik wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm
Blah blah
If Modi only highlights this murder........wonders to the Hindutwa cause in India.
Tut-tut, feeding dem trollz again ? Dinch'ya momma tell ya back in yo' childhood dayz: "don't feed no animalz in da zoo". Same advice for internet trolls.

Who is troll here? The pidi who comes to bark on anyone questioning the master? BTW you won't get biscuits here for that.
Nobody is talking about you to make personal smart-alec strawman statements, join a debate and take your side, present factual arguments. If you can't do this, ignore and move on.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 pm

The troll doesn't know he is a troll. Mudi should rejin and be sent to Andaman jail.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Karthik wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 pm
What are you talking about ? Am talking about internal threats.

What modi has done well in #1? Isn't that the point of contention now? There is no engagement now, to have rules for it. Some cases added to previous appeasement policies.
#3, unique way how? How his top cabinet cozying up with them? Giving them ad revenues? How many of known jaichands are charged? Am not talking about any convictions, don't jump there, atleast how many cases are on them? Only SuSwamy has been fighting his individual battle. modi need not expose anyone, everyone knows about them, that's probably one of the contributing factors he got elected.
I am referring to both internal and external enemies. Heck, they are all together these days anyway.

We can disagree on the extent to which #1 and #3 are addressed but it would be unfair to state that he has done nothing. The signs are all there.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 pm
The troll doesn't know he is a troll. Mudi should rejin and be sent to Andaman jail.
Exactly.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Shiv Sena to contest 2019 elections separately. Good move as it may divide MH into two Hindutva parties and set a primer for ROI.

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 pm
it is quite a reach to get from "our nation was rich but still we got enslaved" to "we should prioritize hindutva over development" ..

when we know that the major driver of conversion by a long distance, is abject grinding poverty. Even more than caste based discrimination.

No middle-class 'so-called low caste' would ever convert now.

and on top of that, the current trend is, those who get past the lower base in maslow pyramid -start patronizing their community activities more and strengthen it.

I have personally done that myself - contributing for my community activities and family deity, even being an agnostic, and I've noticed that in my peers of other communities. So enough of this nonsense of we need hindutva now.

modi has taken steps to level the field (ngo money, state patronizing, being unabashed about his own hindu practices etc) and the rest is up to you to go forth and multiply. stop the whinging.
Speaking of temples and conversions:

Try to listen to this video from Sai Deepak. Though young, he is in the league of Rajiv Malhotra in terms of working for indic causes.

Just two points from a long video to illustrate the significance of a temple as an institution ( I know you know more on this, but still..)

1) Udupi temple has langar that provides food to schools and offices. Every day 7 tonnes of rice is cooked. The wood for cooking comes from local tribals. Conversion has been very unsuccessful as the tribals have their income stream and also feel part of the fold.

2) In TN, only vishwakarma caste can build murtis, the entire varna is disappearing fast because they get no work, they follow 1000 rituals throughout their lives to build vigrahas. Now a days even non-hindus for business make murti. But will they follow the traditional rituals? NO.

Can you see the importance of temples and the ecosystem it creates and sustains the indic fold? Imagine what rich temples can do. Is it too much to expect that the govt gives back the control to us? Let us control our temples the way people of other faiths do with their places of worship.
Last edited by Karthik on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm
Shiv Sena to contest 2019 elections separately. Good move as it may divide MH into two Hindutva parties and set a primer for ROI.
Good riddance. Better outside than have the SS internally sabotage the NDA.
BJP could try to rope in NCP instead. Even if they don't and BJP loses out in 2019, it finishes the SS pretty much for ever and will consolidate
the Hindutva vote in MH.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Deans wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm
Supratik wrote:
Yes, it is good news. Basically Uddhav is boxed into a corner - either accept BJP is now the senior partner, or go it alone. He can't very well bow to the BJP, so only one option left. I would expect quite a few defections to occur from SS to BJP (or even some other parties).

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Deans wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm
Supratik wrote:
Good riddance. Better outside than have the SS internally sabotage the NDA.
BJP could try to rope in NCP instead. Even if they don't and BJP loses out in 2019, it finishes the SS pretty much for ever and will consolidate
the Hindutva vote in MH.

Dream on. Sensing that BJP and SS are on different path, NCP and Congoons will patch up. BJP's honeymooning with NCP means in recent past means nothing. Having said that, with triparty contest NCP+Congress, BJP and SS, it's easy to predict who will win. NCP+Cong hands down.

Hence it's imperative that SS and BJP work out together and try to bury their difference. 2019 is long way, and I believe they will patch up.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:58 pm

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:04 pm

A small scale riot has started in Ahmedabad, after a theater hosted sick Padmavati movie show for bikau journalists. Some volunteers torched the vehicles and smashed glasses of many more vehicles around that theater.
http://www.news18.com/news/india/unhapp ... 40041.html

Unhappy With Screening of Padmaavat, Protesters Set Vehicles Ablaze Outside Ahmedabad Multiplex

Padmaavat, slated to be released on January 25, has been facing protests by Karni Sena and other fringe groups over allegations that historical facts were distorted in the movie.

23-jan-2018 , 10:30 pm

The protest took place outside Himalaya mall in Ahmedabad. ... The protest took place outside Himalaya mall. The film, slated to be released on January 25, has been facing protests by Karni Sena and other fringe groups over allegations that historical facts were distorted in the movie. It stars Deepika Padukone as Rani Padmavati, Shahid Kapoor as Maharawal Ratan Singh and Ranveer Singh as Alauddin Khilji.

From being assaulted on the film's set in Jaipur to the set being vandalised in Kolhapur to getting threats from detractors -- Bhansali has been facing the ire of organisations that are up in arms against the period drama since its inception -- from when it was titled "Padmavati".

The makers of "Padmaavat" secured a U/A certificate from the censor board after incorporating five modifications, and locked the release date as January 25.

The Supreme Court on Thursday paved the way for the all-India release for "Padmaavat" on January 25 by staying the operation of orders by the Gujarat, Rajasthan and Haryana governments banning its release.
So what is next? Is PM going to order policemen to fire volunteers protesting release of this sick movie? For what? To protect freedom of speech and freedom of expression?

Lets see how ugly it gets before it ends. But sickening to see PM who can ban a sick movie just because .... I dont want to mention the causes and face admin warnings.
---
Added later : Youtube video showing arsoning in Ahmedabad because of Govt's decision to show sick Padmavati movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsnU4ihdQBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkQVQUrqhcg

see more at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... %253D%253D

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 pm

news is on ToI as well..there is no election in sight in Guj why is Police not breaking bones of these Karni Sena G---us? Why is govt and public property being allowed to be destroyed? If there is congress connection smoke it out with all the intel you have and hang them!

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:48 pm

Crackdown on Karni Sena and lose the upper caste Rajput votes which forms part of the core upper caste vote bank for BJP? Not happening! Sure there is no election in Gujarat, but there are elections elsewhere including most important of all the 2019!
I don't expect any action will be taken against them, at least in BJP ruled states.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 pm

After BT, SS is no longer a Hindu party. Only the elderly and 80s generations have any emotional attachment remaining. The youth support does not have strong foundations and can defect to NCP or BJP easily. with SS weakening. Also recent statement from Aditya Thakrey indicate that he wants to be the new youth poster boy rather than stand for any Maharashtrian cause even remotely. I wont be surprised if Mr Power takes him under his fold one day the way he did Raj Thakrey. SS looks far from revival and may turn into some rogue insignificant party like MNS in the coming years. The biggest change is many people have already started looking at SS as a threat to BJP than an ally.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:36 am

shravanp wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm
Hence it's imperative that SS and BJP work out together and try to bury their difference. 2019 is long way, and I believe they will patch up.
Now that is a pipe dream (at least for 2019). I am sure many attempts were already made. Fundamental issue is the low IQ and very low political acumen of the dorks Uddhav and Aditya.

For them, "patch up" means being restored to the status of senior partner in MH and getting the lion's share of seat arrangements. :rotfl: Not going to happen in 2019. Now if some serious behind-the-scenes ass-kicking happens and the two dorks are made to see the light without demanding an arm and a leg, then there might be a reconciliation. But I don't see it coming.

BJP is the dominant national party. None of us wants seat losses in MH, but it is not unreasonable that the party can take a few hits and still win the election. SS on the other hand will be totally finished. They are dwindling even in the Mumbai area. They already got a beating in one election, probably one more is required before realization sets in.

For the BJP this is becoming an even better opportunity to continue building its strength in MH. Now that SS cannot hang on coat-tails of BJP, it will need to develop on its own - a tall order considering who is in charge.

Now some guys will surely blame NaMo for this too..."if he hadn't campaigned and won too many seats for BJP in 2014, all these issues would never have happened!" :rotfl: