The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Kabir
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Kabir » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:39 am

^Wouldn't be a bad idea for guys like madhur bhandarkar, sonu nigam etc to start forming an alternative Film industry to Bollywood. Start with a movie or two, there are plenty of people in bollywood who do not want to be under Dubai influence any more who could be roped in. Public support will start building up gradually. This is much needed or talk remains talk, the best way to deal with the devil is head on. There are many financiers and production houses who are of the Indic fold. Parties like Zee, Reliance or Tata could be roped in

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:59 am

(1) why so much ranting against me
(2) Slowly people are knowing ugly facts about SoMoke
(3) BIF movie Padmavati insults Rajasthani Rajputs in a way non-Rajasthani will know ONLY after explained
(4) BIF movie Padmavati release is except 3 states is major BIF success
(5) Why volunteers in Gujarat were successful in blocking BIF movie Padmavati but volunteers in UP failed?

--

(1) In short --- why so much ranting against me?

See page-132. More than half the posts are NOT on Indian politics, but rants against me !!! Why anti-RM-elements dont they simply put me on ignore list? Here is the reason. I wrote a fact statement that "Yogiji sided with BIF movie Padmavati". My fact statement may reduce Yogiji's Hinduvaadi image in minds of many. Likewise, consider my fact statement that "in Gujarat, RSS-leaders and RSS-workers have been making tons of money in illegal liquor sale since decades and looting liquor addicts". Again, this fact statement damages the anti-corruption image of Sri Modiji. IOW, by citing raw facts, I am knocking down false images of their pet leaders. So this gives a serious heartburn to supporters of Sri Modiji and Sri Yogiji. And so they start endless abuses against me, my writing styles, my motives, mere 9600 votes I got in LS election and so on. They hope that I will get scared of their abuses and I will stop writing fact statements against SoMoKe. Tough luck folks - I have rhino skin. As always, I ignore all anti-RM-elements' rants.

---

(2)Slowly people are knowing facts about SoMoke

See post by SSunder
Had some recent conversations with members of my extended family. They hate Modi now but were supportive of him less than a year ago. Upper middle class. Very bitter now. Here's what they say:

* Modi talks but does not deliver.
* Demo did not catch any black money hoarders. Much ado about nothing.
* Crores of people lost livelihood because demo put their SME/self-employment out of business.
Across India and Gujarat, more and more Modiji's own voters are saying same statements. They have finally realized that SoMoKe = SoGa/NaMo/Arke are one and the same. Swadeshi activists have realized that Modiji is hardocre pro-FDI just like MMS. And Hinduvaadies also know that Modiji supports people like David Fadnavis because of cogent reasons. And lastly, when Modiji and Yogiji BOTH supported sick movie Padmavati, many more feel exactly what SSunder reported. But many will still have to vote for Modiji MAINLY because they fear that congress will promote Latifs and Dawoods. Modiji wont promote Dawoods like congress/aap did and will do again. But islamists now no longer depend on violent crimes. They now focus on population growth and bangladeshi infiltration to expand. And Missionaries are bigger problems than Islamists. And Modiji and David Fadnavis have decided to only co-opt with Missionaries and NOT take them down. So vote share of Modiji will remain, may even increase, and problems of islamism and missionaries will keep growing in a different form.

-----

(3) BIF movie Padmavati insults Rajasthani Rajputs in a way non-Rajasthani will know ONLY after explained

Consider the scenes
(a) queen Padmavati was dancing
(b) elder queen of Rana Ratan Sing says "send Padmavati to Khilaji ; at least Chittod will be saved"
(c) Padmavati goes to Delhi and not Gora-Badal
(d) Padmavati coming before mirror (a lie)

The traditional (not "reformed") Rajasthani Rajputs find these scenes a huge insult. And a common Hindu will understand this insult only AFTER he is given full explanation.

(As an analogy, lets say that a movie shows an actor dressed as Guru Gobind Singhji and talking like him. Sikhs will find it offensive, but non-Sikh will understand the offence ONLY after explained. Likewise when I say RSS = BJP, many RSS workers find it insulting, but to someone else, it seems non-insulting statement).

There are several channels to take such body of explanations from one echo chamber to another. One channel is textbooks, another is leaders such as SoMoKe, third is activists and then forth is bikau media. Bikuamediamen such as bikau sardesai or bikau arnab didnt explain because of BIF funding. SoMoKe and congress/rss/aap workers also refused to take that explanation to billion Hindus. Handful of us using FB/BRF etc tried to explain to Hindus why above scenes are LIES and also offensive to traditional Rajasthani Rajputs. With our limited reach, we had very very limited success. But we were outnumbered by congress/rss/aap workers who supported the BIF sick movie Padmavati movie !! So billion Hindus never came to know that these scenes offend traditional Rajasthani Rajputs and why.

India at community level has been 100 NON-CONFRONTING MUTUALLY-RESPECTING echo chambers. A gujarati jain can understand why an actor dressed and posing as Guru Gobind Singhji is offensive to Sikhs, but ONLY after explained. In absence of explanation, he will have no clue. Once explained, he will immidiately oppose such scenes, but he respects the sikhs. But one needs a "media" to tale this explanation.

The bikaumediamen will never take this explanation. One would hope that political leaders and party members such as congress/rss/aap would do so. But they too have sold out. And BIF is using these echo chambers, and increasing the rifts.

What is now enraging TRADITIONAL Rajasthani Rajputs more than sick movie padmavati is that that Maratha, Sikhs and rank and file of Hindus did NOT support sentiments of TRADITIONAL Rajasthani Rajputs. So fissures in Indian communities has widened.

The most sickening part in whole drama was the way Modiji and Yogiji BOTH decided to support this sick BIF movie Padmavati. And now fans of Modiji and Yogiji have no option but to support the movie release, call the movie harmless and curse those like us who oppose the movie release. And by supporting Modiji's and Yoigi's decision to release the movie, they will only add more insult to injuries to traditional Rajasthani Rajputs. Many on this forum have now become Padmavati movie Rakshaks !! Sickening !!!

----

(4) BIF movie Padmavati release is except 3 states is major BIF success

BIF has done huge damage to psyche of traditional Rajasthani Rajputs. BIF not only made the movie and got it released, they ensured that judges, Modiji, Yogiji etc all have to support the movie release. And BIF also managed to create a narrative that those who oppose the movie release are nutcases and monkeys !! They have achieved a great success.

Whether islamists big victories in killing Krishna Janam Bhoomi Devalaya movement or Kashi Vishvanath Devalaya movement or release of sick movie Padmavati , imo it is necessary we inform ALL about every small/large victory of BIFs. Imo, covering up does more damage than good. Reporting BIF victories inside India shows who is siding with whom.

-------

(5) Why volunteers in Gujarat were successful in blocking BIF movie Padmavati but volunteers in UP failed?

Everyone across India knew that SCjs will side with movie. In Gujarat, Karni Sena volunteers knew that Modiji is secular and Modiji also supports freedom of speech and expressions. And Modiji believes in rule of law and so Modiji will support SCj's judgment. So volunteers in Gujarat has started preparations one month ago to start "dialogue" with theater owners. But in UP, Karni Sena activists thought "well, Yogijis is Hinduvaadi, he is Rajput himself etc" . So volunteers thought that Yogiji and his Hindu Vahini will make sure that movie doesnt get released. So Karni Sena volunteers did NOTHING to start a dialogue with theater owners. But finally, Yogiji changed his mind and decided to support the movie release.

Moral of the story is 10000 years old --- activists who have faith in leaders will almost always lose their cause and activists who have faith in activism may succeed.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:20 am

Vikas wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am
PS: I don't ever see islamists or Xtians complain about Congoons and then threaten to replace them by BJP.. Never ever !!
True. Shows their single minded focus. Also shows how Congress is 100% committed to the Islamist & EJ interest in the country that these two communities have never lost trust in them. Think about repealing POTA within weeks of coming to power, Batla House, Saffron Terror, 26/11-RSS Plot, CVB and now open opposition to Triple Talaq. Now on the looks of it, defending TT is unpardonable but Congress uses its Media ecosystem to pitch the narrative it wants and goes about it brazenly.

But let us look at what BJP does. It continues to nurture at worst and ignore at best the Congress-Left ecosystem. Zero fucks given to Hindus & Hindu causes in the last 4 years. Look the BJP MLAs of Kasganj enjoying themselves at the Shradhanjali sabha of the brave Chandan Gupta who was killed by Resident Pakistanis -

https://twitter.com/AsYouNotWish/status ... 4749115393

Having a good time? Sure they are. Also attended Kailash Kher concert couple of nights back. Hindus are getting killed, who cares?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 am

Indrad wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:51 pm
bad news is I am getting go go gaga over Padmavat from all direction, leftist friends told me how great Khilji was and he kept artisans, architect, amir khusro in durbar. built important structures...
young girls are 180 degree sashtang for ranveer..his marauding side is apparently not shown#=
nor how he sacked somnath temple, killed 20000 in Gujrat and took slaves in thousands..
he threw somnath statue under mosque in delhi to be trampled by muslims daily..
khilji is a hero now..
Is it not the fault of Hindu parents that their young girls are going gaga over Khilji? Unless the Hindu parents want their girls to join a Muslim harem, which is not entirely impossible when I see some super sickular, anti - Hindu parents. It is the duty of every Hindu to educate their children about the Hindu holocaust done by Muslims but most Hindus are dhimmis and have no spine. That's the reason we are where we are today, no?

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:40 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 am
Is it not the fault of Hindu parents that their young girls are going gaga over Khilji? Unless the Hindu parents want their girls to join a Muslim harem, which is not entirely impossible when I see some super sickular, anti - Hindu parents. It is the duty of every Hindu to educate their children about the Hindu holocaust done by Muslims but most Hindus are dhimmis and have no spine. That's the reason we are where we are today, no?
In KL I openly name and shame "Hindus" who are still on secular coolaid. I keep a few stark photos and videos in my phone as ammo.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 am

Bhai Log, In the end it is just a movie and if you keep all the BS by Bhaiwood aside, They are in it to make money and thats pretty much it. Lot of scenes are depicted because of keeping the audience engaged or titillate the feelings.Movies don't create narrative else we all would have been following Gandhi or Gabbar Singh or maybe both :)
Girls are going gaga over Ranveer Singh and not Khilji. Lets not forget that audience is going to see Dippy, Ranveer and Shahid, who gives a rats a$$ about Khilji or his story anymore. You think if SLB would have casted Amreesh Puri in the role of Khilji, girls still would be going gaga over Khilji ? Ask yourself ?

PS: Does current generation of Hindus even know about the holocaust of 20th century befalling us, what to talk about something happening 800-900 years back ? We have even erased the historical markers of such pogroms of Hindus from our collective memory.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 am

Vikas wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 am

PS: Does current generation of Hindus even know about the holocaust of 20th century befalling us, what to talk about something happening 800-900 years back ? We have even erased the historical markers of such pogroms of Hindus from our collective memory.
Yeah I doubt. Partition is now a distant memory as if it never happened. But it happened just 71 years ago! People who have seen it with their eyes are still alive! It is not PC to talk about partition & communal violence that happened, about the Hindu genocide that has been ongoing since last 71 years in the Muslim majority states of India (Pakistan, Kashmir, Bangladesh; Kerala, Bengal to join the list soon). The popular Media has made it uncool to be religious or even take pride in religion. Most movies & TV series show religious people being mocked. But no movie ever showed a Muslim or Christian being mocked. A religious Muslim doing Namaz is shown as pious, a Christian is shown as pious & honest, but religious Hindu baniya or sahukaar is shown as evil. This has left a deep mark on Hindus, idiotic as we have always been.

New narrative is that 1947 happened because of _both_ Hindus & Muslim fringe! I mean look at the gall! Some sickular types I have the misfortune of dealing with blame it on Hindu Mahasabha & Savarkar. If Congress had its way, this would become established history, and surely they will achieve it in due course of time, if they come back to power. But mind you, it is not just the Congress political party but also the Congress - Left intellectual ecosystem who BJP needs to dismantle and they have done diddly squat about that. That clown Javdekar now heads the HRD Min with no news of any education reforms, and 4 years have gone by. Talk about incompetence.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:44 am

^

Several years before the partition, Churchill was directly responsible for the death of 4.3 million Indians, mainly Bengalis. Very few people know the truth about this and yet most of us hold the Brits in great esteem.

The greatest irony is that the heroes of the Indian muslims are the very people that raped their grandmothers and beheaded their grandfathers. It is even worse in Pakistan. I've met so many of them who still carry Hindu last names (indicating recent conversion) and are still rabidly islamic.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Terror Unlimited: The Staggering Loot and Lust of Alauddin Khilji

Unlike Hindu rulers, who would not even gaze in the direction of the enemy’s womenfolk, to the Mohammadens the enemy’s women were war booty. These foreign invaders introduced a highly detestable element of coveting, capturing and raping women.

Rakesh Krishnan Simha @ByRakeshSimha
Indology | 30-01-2018

Until the arrival of Alauddin Khilji (1250-1316), no foreign ruler had looted southern India of its wealth which had accumulated for centuries. According to contemporary travellers like Marco Polo and historians such as Shihabuddin Abul Abbas Ahmed, gold had been arriving in India for centuries and was never exported. In the numerous kingdoms of the south, princes would not touch the treasures left behind by their fathers but preferred to earn treasures on their own. This was the wealth Khilji coveted most.

The unbelievable quantity of wealth that fell into Khilji’s lap from peninsular India is only matched by the staggering unpreparedness of the Indian rulers to defend it. In 1296 when Alauddin’s army arrived outside the capital of the Yadava kingdom of Devagiri (in modern day Maharashtra), the ruler Rama Deva was several miles outside his fort. His intelligence system was non-existent. In fact, one of his vassals named Kanhan had fought a pitched battle with the Turkic army and had almost defeated it before Alauddin’s superior tactics helped him overcome the tiny feudatory. And yet the news of this battle did not reach Devagiri.

At any rate, the king was in no position to challenge the invader because his army, commanded by his son, was away on a distant military campaign.

In fact, so detached were Indians from affairs outside their own kingdoms, and so insular had they become that Henry Miers Elliot writes about Devagiri in his epic work ‘The History of India as Told by Its Own Historians (Vol III): “The people of that country had never heard of the Musulmans.” He adds: “The Maratha land had never been punished by their armies. No Musulman king or prince had penetrated so far.”

In fact, Devagiri had neglected the most basic commodity required to survive a siege – food. The towering fort perched on top of a mountain had a capacity to store a three year supply, but when Khilji attacked, the defenders were shocked to discover the thousands of sacks stored in the granary contained not grain but salt. After a couple of battles, Rama Deva threw in the towel and emptied his treasury for Khilji. The invader took away:

2400 kilos of gold
4,000 kilos of silver
28 kilos of pearls
8 kilos of precious stones including rubies, sapphires, diamonds and emeralds
4,000 pieces of silk and other valuables

And typical of Muslim rulers who coveted Hindu women – especially from royal families – Alauddin asked for the hand of Jyeshthapalli, the daughter of Rama Deva. With his family, people and land being held hostage, the Yadava king had no other option. This was another paradigm shift in wars in the Indian subcontinent; as well as incredible barbarity, the new arrivals from Central Asia and Arabia had also brought with them their misogynistic values. Unlike Hindu rulers, who would not even gaze in the direction of the enemy’s womenfolk, to the Mohammadens the enemy’s women were war booty. These foreign invaders introduced a highly detestable element of coveting, capturing and raping women – whether in the aftermath of war or its prelude.
Seige of Warangal: Treasures of paradise

Needless to say, the avaricious Khilji wasn’t going to stay satisfied for long. He was a mere freebooter with just 8000 troops when he defeated Devagiri. Now he had murdered his uncle and father-in-law Jalaluddin and become the sultan. And like all illegitimate rulers, he needed loads of cash to pay off the nobles and buy the loyalty of his soldiers.

The army (which was led by his eunuch sex slave Malik Kafur) next turned towards the Kakatiya kingdom of Warangal. This ancient kingdom was ruled by Pratap Deva who lived in an impregnable stone fortress surrounded by a much larger mud fortress which in turn was ringed by a moat.

The sultanate army was bolstered by a contingent of soldiers from Devagiri and other vassal states. The Devagiri king Rama Deva had provided fodder, food and supplies for this massive army all the way from the doorstep of his fort to the border of Warangal. Critical intelligence about Warangal’s defences and treasures may well have been provided by the Devagiri king.

In ‘A Social History of the Deccan, 1300-1761: Eight Indian Lives, Volume 1’, Richard M. Eaton writes: “The Telegu warriors defending Warangal’s ctadel had to face the deadliest and most advanced military technology to be found anywhere in the world – a new sort of siege equipment that had already been introduced to north India from the Iranian plateau. The implements deployed by the northerners include huge stone throwing engines (technically counter trebuchets), smaller siege engines (or tension-powered ballistas), wooden parapets, stone missiles, great boulders used as missiles, small machines for hurling stones…”

The fort at Warangal was extremely difficult to conquer because of its layered defences. Plus, unlike Devagiri, the defenders put up a strong fight. Also, very unlike other sieges in India, where no outside help arrived, at Warangal a small but determined Hindu force arrived at night to attack the besieging army. However, attack itself wasn’t very well directed and wily Kafur’s forces cut down this band of soldiers before they could create further panic in the Sultanate army.

Catherine B. Asher and Cynthia Talbot point out in ‘India Before Europe’ (page 40) that during the four month siege, Kafur had to erect high fences to shield his army from the stones being thrown from the citadel, suggesting that the defenders too weren’t lacking in technology.

Unable to scale the fort’s ramparts because the Hindu defenders were picking them off with arrows, spears and stones, Kafur ordered his soldiers to start digging at the base of the fort’s wall. Although countless men must have perished in this seemingly suicidal approach, the diggers managed to create a cavity large enough which was packed with explosives to blow up a section of the massive mud wall. The breach was enough for the Muslim army to pour inside where they met fierce resistance. In the meantime, the rest of the defenders retreated into the stone citadel.

At this point the Raja offered to negotiate. In many sieges in the past the normal Muslim policy was to spurn all truce offers and go in for the kill because the Hindu was not to be negotiated with. (It was a policy that would be enacted in the future as well.) However, Alauddin had instructed his generals, especially the remorseless Kafur, that since Muslim armies were unfamiliar with southern India and since vast distances separated it from Delhi precluded any immediate help from the sultanate, he was to appear to show leniency towards the people as well as the kings.

According to noted historian K.S. Lal, the sultan knew the only way to enter the densely forested and rocky territories of south India was through alliances. He planned to use each defeated kingdom as a stepping stone for the conquest of the neighbouring ones. A massacre of the royals or the defenders would only have resulted in even more stubborn resistance in future wars. Having his hands full dealing with the dangerous Mongols and the fierce Rajputs in the north, he did not want to fight wars of attrition in the south.

The truce offer was thus accepted. Serious negotiations commenced, at the end of which Rudra Deva agreed to offer 100 elephants, 12,000 horses and every item of value in his treasury. Further, he would offer an annual tribute of a similar number of elephants and horses to the Sultan.

In Khazainul Futuh or ‘The Campaigns of Alauddin Khilji’, Alauddin’s court poet Amir Khusrau describes the incredulous faces of the assembled Maliks (chiefs), mostly natives of central Asia and Afghanistan, as the war booty was paraded: “The Maliks sat while the elephants passed; you could have thought the planets had become stationary while the constellations had begun to move….And when they move together in a row, there is an earthquake…”

After the elephants had passed, the treasures they carried on their backs were displayed. “The boxes were full of valuables and gems, the excellence of which drove the onlookers mad. Every emerald sparkled in the light of the sun, or rather the sun reflected back the light of the emerald. The rubies dazzled the eye of the sun and if a ray from them had fallen on a lamp of fire, the lamp would have burst into flames. The cat’s eye was such that a lion after seeing it would have looked with contempt at the sun; and the cock’s eye were so brilliant that cat’s eye was afraid to look at it. The lustre of the rubies illuminated the darkness of the night and mine, as you might light lamp from another. The emeralds had a fineness of water that could eclipse the lawn of paradise. The diamonds would have penetrated into an iron heart like an arrow of steel, and yet owing to their delicate nature, would have been shattered by the stroke of a hammer. The other stones were such that the sun blushed to look at them. As for the pearls you could not find the likes of them even if you kept diving into the sea through all eternity. The gold was like the full moon of the twelfth night; it seemed that in order to ripen it, the alchemist the sun, had lighted its fire, and the morning had blown its breath, for years.”

Among this mountain of treasure was the legendary Koh-in-Noor diamond (which now sits in the crown of the English queen.) Describing the jewel, the philosophical ambassadors said: “By the God, who has created man, the finest of substances, each of these jewels is of a kind of which no man can calculate the value. And among them is a jewel, unparalleled in the whole world, though according to perfect philosophers such a substance cannot exist.”

Khusrau adds, “When the horses were brought, the prestige of all that the ambassadors had previously displayed flew away like the wind. Lest the struggle should be further prolonged, every horse in the Rai’s palace and stables had been brought; even the wind of them was not in his hands. The sight of these fleet-footed animals captivated every heart – the heart of the Mussalman was broken, and the soul of the Hindu flew away from his heart; for the horses were such as their eyes had never seen.”

The treasures were carried off on the back of thousands of animals and carts to Delhi. On the day of Muharram in 1310, Alauddin invited the kings and princes of Arabia and Persia who were treated to this unprecedented display of loot. A massive black pavilion was erected which Khusrau describes as appearing “like the Ka’ba on the navel of the earth” and the “day looked like a second Id for the people”.
Target Hoyasala

Alauddin’s next expeditions were targeted at the Hoyasalas who ruled from Dwarasamudra and the ancient Pandya kingdom of Madurai. The motive of the expedition appears to be the same – the possession of treasures and elephants, but Khusrau says “now with a sincere motive” the Sultan thought of sending an expedition to the south “so that the light of the sharia may reach there”.

On November 25, 1310 Kafur set out at the head of a large army. At Devagiri (which had now become a staging base for the Khilji army) he was provided 23 elephants as well as spears, arrows and other weapons of war. Rama Deva deputed one of his commanders, Parasuram Deva, to help the Muslim army on its southward march.

As usual, military intelligence – or the lack of it – played a critical role in the outcome of the invasions. Ballala Deva, the Hoyasala king, should have realised that with the Muslim sultanate launching regular predatory raids deeper and deeper into southern India, the need of the day was unity among the Hindu kingdoms, consolidation of one’s own territories, building of defensive forts, training one’s army, creation of reserve forces, equipping his forts for lasting out extended sieges and a coordinated military strategy to prevent Islamic inroads south of the Vindhyas.

Instead, Ballala Deva was in the midst of an invasion of the Pandya kingdom when he came to know that the Khilji army was moving towards his kingdom. The king raced back to the Dwaradamudra with 10,000 of his best horsemen. At the fort, the war council was of the unanimous decision that the Hoyasalas should attack the enemy, but when the king saw the size of the army outside his fort and realised Kafur also had the backing of the Devagiri and Warangal, he decided to negotiate.

As per the terms of the treaty, the Hoyasalas would pay a yearly tribute and give Kafur all the treasures of the fort. The entire night was spent clearing out the treasures, and by morning it was loaded on 53 elephants.

Despite Ballala Deva’s submission, Amir Khusrau writes that after overpowering the raja of the Carnatic, the army “plundered his country, broke the temples and seized all idols which were set with pearls”. They also built a small mosque using stone and plaster. Ironically, while Dwarasamudra in now under the sea, the mosque still stands. Khusrau says without an iota of gratefulness that “the infidelas out of respect due to a house of God, have refrained from destroying the mosque”.

The misery didn’t end for the king. K.S. Lal explains: After the settlement of the peace terms, Kafur stayed at Dwarasamudra for a week after which he asked Ballala Deva to lead him on the way towards Pandya kingdom, a way with which the sultanate army was completely unacquainted. “The defeated Hoyasala chief had but to agree to what the victorious general said, and prepared to lead Kafur towards the destruction of a sister state.”
Wild chase in the Pandya kingdom

The Khilji army entered the Pandya kingdom in March 1311. According to Khusrau, in the Pandyan kingdom too, Kafur “broke the temples and seized the cash and jewels which the Rais had hoarded for thousands of years”.

Having seen the fate of other kingdoms, Vira Pandya, the young king, employed a different strategy. He refused to give battle, and with his loyal followers kept moving from place to place, often through dense forests. The Turks and Afghans, who were completely out of place in this environment, and were unable to keep up with Vira Pandya.

Kafur had a stroke of luck when 20,000 Muslim soldiers who were employed in the Pandyan army deserted the Hindus to his side. K.S. Lal says these Muslims were descendants of Muslims who had settled in south India as traders long before they had entered the north as invaders. Information provided by these disloyal soldiers led Kafur to Kannanur near Srirangam but Vira Pandya gave him the slip. The enraged Kafur ordered general massacre of the town’s civilian population.

Kafur then marched towards Madurai, where he was told Vira Pandya was staying. But by the time Muslim army arrived there in April 1311, the king and his family had left with the royal treasures. This infuriated Kafur who set fire to the Sokkanatha (Shiva) Temple. At another temple, the Muslim army destroyed a large temple in order to dig out its golden foundations.

Vira Pandya may not have won any battle laurels but he achieved something improbable – he had worn down Kafur and his army. Chasing the quick moving Pandyan king while carrying an immense booty may have also unnerved the Muslim chiefs, who only wanted to reach the safety of Delhi.

Kafur decided that he had acquired enough wealth to last generations, and ordered the army to march back to Delhi. Before the army set off, he ordered all the spoils to be arranged and classified. His loot consisted of 512 elephants, 5000 Arabian horses and 2000 kilos of gold and jewels. (Another account says the quality of gold was 96,000 thousand tons or 384,000 kilos but this may well have been a later day embellishment.) Muslim chroniclers comment that two generations (approximately 50 years) after Alauddin’s death, the Delhi treasury still had remnants of this booty.
Gujarat: A royal family tragedy

In 1299 Alauddin despatched a large army for the invasion of Gujarat. All the contemporary Persian writings as also the Jain account of Chandra Prabha agree on the point that the sack of Gujarat was thorough. The Khilji army destroyed hundreds of towns in the wealthy and industrious kingdom, including the capital Anhilvada, Naharwala, Asaval, Vanmanthali, Surat, Cambay and Somnath. The temples were broken, wealth looted and large numbers of captives of both sexes captured, including the famous Malik Kafur (who was then a Hindu child).

The expedition was launched “with a view of holy war, and not for the lust of conquest”, points out Persian historian Wassaf in his book Tarikh-i-Wassaf, adding: “They went by daily marches through the hills, from stage to stage, and when they arrived at their destination at early dawn they surrounded Kambayat (Cambay) and the idolaters were awakened from their sleepy state of carelessness and were taken by surprise, not knowing where to go, and mothers forgot their children and dropped them from their embrace.”

“The Muhammadan forces began to ‘kill and slaughter on the right and on the left unmercifully, throughout the impure land, for the sake of Islam,’ and blood flowed in torrents. They plundered gold and silver to an extent greater than can be conceived, and an immense number of brilliant precious stones, such as pearls, diamonds, rubies, and emeralds, etc. as well as a great variety of cloths, both silk and cotton, stamped, embroidered, and coloured.” (‘The History of India as Told by its Own Historians, Vol III, by Henry Miers Elliot.)

According to ‘The Legacy of Jihad: Islamic Holy War and the Fate of Non-Muslims’ (edited by Andrew Boston), during the sack of Somnath, the Muslim army “took captive a great number of handsome and elegant maidens, amounting to 20,000, and children of both sexes… and the Muhammedan army brought the country to utter ruin, and the destroyed the lives of inhabitants, and plundered the cities and captured their offspring….”

The Persian Wassaf describes the destruction of Somnath. “The Muhammadan soldiers plundered all those jewels and rapidly set themselves to demolish the idol. The surviving infidels were deeply affected with grief, and they engaged to pay a thousand pieces of gold as ransom for the idol, but they were indignantly rejected, and the idol was destroyed, and its limbs, which were anointed with ambergris and perfumed, were cut off. The fragments were conveyed to Dehli, and the entrance of the Jami Masjid was paved with them, that people might remember and talk of this brilliant victory. ‘Praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds. Amen’.”

The supposedly tolerant Amir Khusrau writes: “So the temple of Somnath was made to bow towards the Holy Mecca, and as the temple lowered its head and jumped into the sea, you may say the building first said its prayers and then had a bath. The idols, that had fixed their abode midway to the House of Abraham (Mecca) and waylaid stragglers, were broken to pieces in pursuance of Abraham’s traditions. But one idol, the greatest of them all, was sent by the maliks to the Imperial Court, so that the breaking of their helpless God may be demonstrated to the idol worshiping Hindus.”

With Alauddin’s army setting his kingdom on fire, the Vaghela ruler Rai Karan sought refuge in a fort. However, his ministers advised him to leave the kingdom until the invaders left.

Meanwhile, the Khilji army had captured one of Rai Karan’s queens named Kamala Devi and forced her into Alauddin’s harem. As she was led away, the queen had to abandon her infant daughter Devala Devi.

After the Khilji army returned to Delhi, Rai Karan came back to claim his kingdom. Little did he know that his former wife would be the cause of his and his family’s misfortune.

Eight years after being inducted into Alauddin’s harem, Kamala Devi requested Alauddin to get her daughter Devala Devi from Gujarat. Alauddin ordered his army to invade Gujarat for a second time.

Knowing that the Khilji army had come for the young princess, Rai Karan sent her off to Warangal escorted by 300 soldiers. Unfortunately, a group of Turkic soldiers ran into this escort quite by accident and attacked it. They abducted Devala Devi and triumphantly took her to Delhi, where she was married to Khizr Khan, the eldest son of Alauddin. The princess was just 10 years old.

Eight years later Khizr Khan was executed by his brother Qutb ud din Mubarak Shah, and Deval Devi was taken into the latter’s harem. In 1320, Mubarak was murdered by Khusro Khan (the last ruler of the Khalji dynasty), and his followers. Devala Devi was then married to Khusro Khan.

Devala Devi’s story, of a high-born Hindu Rajput princess being passed from hand to hand among a series of brutal, fratricidal Muslim invaders, is the final denouement of Alauddin’s supposed greatness. It is also a resounding slap on the face of leftists, liberals and feminists who slam the thousands of Hindu women who preferred to perform jauhar rather than submit to a fate similar to Devali Devi’s.

The royal family’s tragedy was complete with the demise of Rai Karan. The Jain writer Kakka Suri, in his Nabhi-Nandana-Jinoddhara-Prabandha (1336), says the king “fled away in all haste and having wandered about in many kingdoms died the death of a pauper”.
Rajasthan: The bloodiest battles

Alauddin was seized by the idea of world conquest. K.S. Lal says this stupid idea came into his head after he came to know about Alexander the Great. The Sultan liked to be called Alexander Sani (or the Second Alexander) and even issued coins in that name. However, a close advisor told him that it was better to subdue the remaining parts of India before venturing outside the country.

Since Rajasthan had the country’s most chivalrous and bravest fighters and also its most ancient hereditary monarchies, Alauddin thought subduing the area would add to his prestige. His very first attack, on Ranthambor, indicated that Rajasthan was going to be difficult. During the prolonged siege, Raja Hammir fought fire with fire, with Rajput missiles killing Nusrat Khan, one of Alauddin’s top generals. As the Muslim army mourned, Hammir’s forces led a night attack, putting the besiegers to flight.

When Alauddin heard about the defeat, he personally arrived at Ranthambor. His leadership in war being exemplary, the sultan was able to rally his troops who had become mortally afraid of the Rajputs. Still, the Khilji army could not break through the fort’s defences. It was only due to the treachery of two Rajput officers that Ranthambor’s doom was sealed. While the women performed jauhar, Hammir and his men tied saffron sashes on their heads and rode out to certain death, but despatching countless Turks to the netherworld. K.S. Lal says not a single member of the royal family was captured by Alauddin.

On January 28, 1303, Alauddin marched to Chittor with a large army. Amir Khusrau, who accompanied the army, says that their siege engines were useless against the city’s massive stone walls. The siege went on for nearly eight months, which suggests that the defenders put up a strong resistance. When the fort garrison finally ran out of food, the womenfolk, numbering around 7,000, performed jauhar. It is not sure whether the legendary Rani Padmini is indeed a historical figure because she is not mentioned in Khusrau’s accounts.

After the heartrending wails of their women had died down, the men rode out in a kamikaze style attack on the Muslim army, with each Rajput killing at least three enemy soldiers.

Alauddin entered the fort on August 26, 1303. The heroic resistance of the Rajputs had exasperated the sultan who ordered a general massacre of the population. In a single day, says Khusrau, some 30,000 Hindus were “cut down like dry grass”. James Todd writes in “Annals of Rajasthan” () hat after this inhuman massacre the callous Sultan “remained in Chittor for some days” and “committed every act of barbarity and dilapidation which a bigoted zeal could suggest, overthrowing the temples and other monuments of art”.
Policy towards Hindus

Alauddin once summoned Kazi Mughisuddin of Bayana and asked him: “How are Hindus designated in the law, as payers of tribute or givers of tribute?”

The Kazi replied: “They are called payers of tribute, and when the revenue officer demands silver from them, they should without question and with all humility and respecr, tender gold. If the officer throws dirt into their mouths, they must without reluctance open their mouths wide to receive it. By doing so they show their respect for the officer. The due subordination of the zimmi (tribute payer) is exhibited in this humble payment and by this throwing of dirt into their mouths. The glorification of Islam is a duty….God holds them in contempt, for he says, ‘Keep them in subjection.’ To keep the Hindus in abasement is especially a religious duty, because the Prophet has commanded us to slay them, plunder them, and make them captive, saying, ‘Convert them and spoil their wealth and property.’ No doctor but the great doctor (Hanifa) to whose school we belong, has assented to the imposition of the jaziya (pool tax) on Hindus. Doctors of other schools allow no other alternative but ‘Death or Islam’.”

Alauddin remarked: “Oh doctor, thou art a learned man, but thou hast had no experience; I am an unlettered man, but I have seen a great deal; be assured then that the Hindus will never become submissive and obedient till they are reduced to poverty. I have therefore given orders that just sufficient shall be left to them from year to year, of corn, milk and curds but that they shall not be allowed to accumulate hoards and property.”

K.S. Lal offers a glimpse of two sides of Alauddin’s attitude towards Hindus. In ‘The Legacy of Muslim Rule in India’ he says the sultan started by raising the land tax to 50 per cent. Under the previous sultans Iltutmish and Balban, the rate was one-third of the produce. “This measure automatically reduced the chiefs practically to the position of peasants. The king also levied house-tax and grazing tax. According to the contemporary chronicler Ziyauddin Barani, all milk-producing animals like cows and goats were taxed. According to Farishtah, animals up to two pairs of oxen, a pair of buffaloes and some cows and goats were exempted. This concession was based on the principle of nisab, namely, of leaving some minimum capital to enable one to carry on with one’s work. But it was hardly any relief, for there were taxes like kari, charai and jiziyah.”

Barani quotes Maulana Shamsuddin Turk, a religious scholar from Egypt, who is happy to learn that Alauddin had made the wretchedness and misery of the Hindus so great and had reduced them to such a despicable condition that Hindu women and children went out begging at the doors of the Musalmans. “Such a submission on the part of the Hindus has neither been seen before nor will be witnessed hereafter,” Barani crows in Fatawah-i-Jahandari.

All classes of Hindus were made destitute. The zamindars, who had been accustomed to a life of comfort and dignity, were reduced to a deplorable position. The poor peasants suffered the most because the Sultan had left to them bare sustenance and had taken away everything else in taxes. In general, says Lal, the Hindus were impoverished to such an extent that there was no sign of gold or silver left in their houses, and the wives of (noblemen) used to seek sundry jobs in the houses of the Muslims, work there and receive wages.

At the same time, when it came to diplomacy, Alauddin was an entirely different person. Lal writes in ‘History of the Khaljis’: “Alauddin was the first Muslim ruler who left Hindu kings in their positions provided they paid tribute.” In this respect he was a forerunner of Akbar – the only other Muslim ruler who incorporated Hindu kingdoms in his empire instead of attempting to destroy the ancient royal lineages of India.

In fact, after Alauddin’s death a joint Khilji-Tughlak army marched south, stormed Warangal and erased the Kakatiya dynasty from the map, heralding a new era of Islamic fundamentalism.
Alauddin’s legacy

Muslim rule in India was a period of constant, wanton and destructive wars. Hindu kings were just as warlike as the Muslims, but they never touched temple treasures nor did they destroy property. Ordinary civilian life continued as it had for thousands of years. Kings changed but taxes, laws, gods and festivals remained the same; slavery was almost non-existent.

It all changed with the very first successful Muslim invasion, of Sindh, in 712 by the Arabs. Since then, every Muslim ruler of India owned tens of thousands of slaves and exported millions of Hindu captives to the slave markets of Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Central Asia. K.S. Lal points out that Alauddin had 50,000 slave boys in his personal service and 70,000 slaves worked continuously on his buildings. It is also true that male slaves – in particular good looking, clean shaven young boys – fetched a higher price than female slaves. Malik Kafur was known as hazardinari, implying that he had been bought for 1000 dinars, probably because he extremely good looking and only 11 years old when he was abducted and castrated. Alauddin had one look at the youth and fell in love with him, raising him to the status of a commander. Unlike Rani Padmini, who is not recorded in contemporary sources, Khilji’s love affair with his male sexual slave is well attested.

Many of these boys – children rather – were purely sex slaves. It is ironical that Alauddin was murdered by Malik Kafur and Alauddin’s son and successor Sultan Qutb ud din Mubarak Shah was murdered by his long time sex slave Khusro Khan, ending the Khilji dynasty in 1320.

Although Alauddin did not indulge in temple destruction on the scale of, say, Aurangzeb, it is nevertheless true that like the apple he did not fall far from the tree. Like nearly all Muslims rulers, he was engaged in ceaseless and brutal wars that required him to mercilessly tax the people. And like most Muslims who arrived from Central Asia, Turkey, Iran, Arabia and Afghanistan, he detested the indigenous people. His court poets frequently referred to the “night-faced Hindus” who were deemed inferior in comparison with the light skinned Turks. The frequent rebellions and wars of resistance he encountered in India made him even more unfavourably disposed towards the Hindus.

After Padmaavati, in which Alauddin is apparently portrayed as a barbarian, a cabal of Muslim historians and leftist intellectuals is trying to whitewash his crimes and present the sultan as an efficient ruler, a “socialist” and nominally religious person who did not care to offer prayers on Friday. They point to the extremely low rate of crime in his empire. In particular, leftist rags such as The Wire are publishing articles, saying he was a brilliant commander who actually saved Hindus from being massacred by defeating the fierce Mongols.

Such arguments prove without any doubt that leftists are Islam’s useful idiots. Yes, crime was low during Alauddin’s time but it was because his punishments were hellish and disproportionate. Shopkeepers who underweighed goods had their flesh sliced off to the extent they had cheated; people caught drinking had their hands turned into the equivalent of mashed potato, using heavy mallets; petty thieves were impaled; tax evaders were thrown into ‘wells’ that contained poisonous snakes and rodents. It is worth mentioning that today only the Islamic State awards such barbaric punishments.

Social interaction disappeared from the empire during the 25 years of his rule because Alauddin had a spy system that rivalled the Stasi. Because there were so many informers, people were afraid to talk lest someone rat them out.

The darling of the left, Joseph Stalin, also had a crime-free Soviet Union but that was only because one of the greatest criminals of the 20th century was ruling that dystopian country. Stalin is decribed as an atheist but he was opportunistic and invoked the Russian Orthodox Church when the Germans arrived at the outskirts of Moscow. Likewise, Alauddin did not care much for Allah or ulemas because he wanted to create his own religion in which he was to be the only god. At the same time, when the opportunity came he smashed statues of Hindu gods and defiled temples.

As for being a socialist, he shared some qualities with the likes of notorious socialists Pol Pot, Mao and Stalin. When a section of newly converted Mongols – who had settled in Delhi’s Mongolpuri area, rebelled, the sultan slaughtered all 30,000 of them in a single day. Most of them had their head sawed in half. Their womenfolk were given to the city’s scavengers and their children aged five or younger were snatched from their mother’s arms and turned out on to the streets where they starved to death.

What is undeniable is that he was a brilliant – and lucky – military commander. He made sure his army had the best equipment – an area in which Hindu kingdoms were woefully lacking. (Curiously, the modern Indian Army continues to suffer from equipment and ammunition shortages.) Alauddin built strong fortresses on his empire’s borders which ensured that the Khiljis were not caught napping. He defeated the Mongols on three occasions although it is fact they were no longer a united force and the armies they despatched to India were a pale shadow of Genghis Khan’s army.

But Alauddin was only protecting himself, his vast treasures and his territory; he wasn’t protecting Hindus per se. At any rate, the mostly pagan Mongols were the biggest enemy of the Muslims and it was the dream of Hulagu Khan, the Mongol general despatched to the Middle East, to stamp out Muslim rule.

Only a few decades ago, Hulagu Khan’s Golden Horde had laid waste to Arabia and Persia, killing millions of Muslims in a frenzy of violence unprecedented in history. The sack of Baghdad rivals the sack of Vijayanagara, and in a 13 day period lasting from 29 January to 10 February 1258, Hulagu’s soldiers massacred two million Muslims and flattened the world’s most glorious Islamic city. The siege is considered to mark the end of the Islamic Golden Age, during which the caliphs had extended their rule from Spain to Sindh.

So no thanks, please don’t thank Alauddin for saving Hindus. In fact, it is highly likely that the sky worshiping Mongols would have spared the Hindu population. There is a precedent for this. Genghis Khan, for all his fearsome reputation and his army’s ability to flatten 1000 year old cities in the space of a few hours, was extremely tolerant in religious matters as would be expected of a pagan sky worshiper. There was absolutely no reason for him to destroy India except perhaps Muslim strongholds such as Multan and Delhi. The rest of India would have been just fine and would have welcomed the Mongols as liberators.

The Muslim era – and in particular the Sultanate period (roughly 1200-1526) – was without a doubt the most apocalyptic period in India’s history during which a massive genocide was perpetrated on the Hindus. In such an era, if Alauddin appears less bigoted compared with the likes of Mahmud Ghazni, Mohammed Ghori and Aurangzeb, it is because the other rulers were an order of magnitude more brutal and fanatic than him.

Featured Image: Indian Express
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. IndiaFacts does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information in this article.

Rakesh Krishnan Simha

Rakesh is a journalist at New Zealand’s leading media house. He mostly writes on defence and foreign affairs.
His articles have been quoted extensively by universities and in books on diplomacy, counter terrorism, warfare, and development of the global south; and by international defence journals.
Rakesh’s work has been cited by leading think tanks and organisations that include the Naval Postgraduate School, California; US Army War College, Pennsylvania; Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington DC; State University of New Jersey; Institute of International and Strategic Relations, Paris; BBC Vietnam; Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk; Centre for Air Power Studies, New Delhi; Institute for Defense Analyses, Virginia; International Center for Not-for-Profit Law, Washington DC; Stimson Centre, Washington DC; Foreign Policy Research Institute, Philadelphia; and Institute for Strategic, Political, Security and Economic Consultancy, Berlin.
His articles have been published by the Centre for Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi; Foundation Institute for Eastern Studies, Warsaw; and the Research Institute for European and American Studies, Greece, among others.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:03 pm

I do not intend to see Padmavat and won't comment, but there is a larger issue related to it, which concerns me.

I've been trying to study medieval Indian history and believe that the rulers of the Delhi sultanate - specifically Khilji and Mohammed Bin Tughlaq
carried out what amounts to a genocide of the Hindu population. In terms of depopulating a country, only the Mongols, Pol Pot or Hitler were comparable. The condition of the remaining population is what Chetak's post lists. This narrative is completely absent from our history. Instead we get a positive spin on tyrants e.g. Tughlaq was a genius whose ideas were ahead of their time. Khilji defeated the Mongols (actually a weak branch of them), for the same reason Ivan the terrible did - he was more cruel and ruthless than them. The Jews will never forget their holocaust, we have forgotten ours.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Deans wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:03 pm
I do not intend to see Padmavat and won't comment, but there is a larger issue related to it, which concerns me.

I've been trying to study medieval Indian history and believe that the rulers of the Delhi sultanate - specifically Khilji and Mohammed Bin Tughlaq
carried out what amounts to a genocide of the Hindu population. In terms of depopulating a country, only the Mongols, Pol Pot or Hitler were comparable. This narrative is completely absent from our history. Instead we get a positive spin on tyrants e.g. Tughlaq was a genius whose ideas were ahead of their time. Khilji defeated the Mongols (actually a weak branch of them), for the same reason Ivan the terrible did - he was more cruel and ruthless than them. The Jews will never forget their holocaust, we have forgotten ours.
our lootyens "intellectuals" along with congis, commies, naxals and the paki establishment have been carrying out a psy war on India, especially the Hindus to white wash the muslim atrocities and portray them in a very benign and politically correct light.

I feel that this has got a lot to do with the final settlement of cashmere as envisaged by these people so as to minimize the Hindu backlash when the family silver is gifted away.

This is also why the lootyens gang along with their evil cohorts have tried to block the RJB settlement as well as the four justice league of India hizzonners who tried to play the victim card and defame the CJI so that any of his rulings can be portrayed as biased and partisan.

This is a plot that has been playing out since very long, aided and abetted by flunkies in bhaiwood and the presstitutes who are their uncircumcised cheerleaders along with the lootyens mafia.

All this is couched neatly in terms of free speech, FOE and liberalism to beguile and shame the Hindus into acquiescence of a point of view foreign to their ethos and culture.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:34 pm

If Congoons were to come back to power, they would aggressively reverse all BJP actions within the very FIRST month itself. This is nature of urgency and importance Congress gives to their ecosystem. They safeguard it, checkpoint it for future, and they take the ownership of the government extremely seriously. Totally opposite is BJP who are behaving as mere clerks, of doing the job of running the country and not doing anything more or less. I am not point at Modi, but other folks like Javdekar.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 pm

You guys need to read political history of India. While Nehru was not Hindu and leftist he was surrounded by nationalist Congressmen and so could not do as much damage as he would have liked. It was Indira Gandhi who made the deal with the devil aka Communists in exchange for support to her regime and also Soviet support. The Communists and assorted leftists were placed in positions of importance particularly academia and media. It was stated Communist policy to white-wash history and the rest is history.

People or women (if true) are appreciating Ranveer's acting not Khilji. Most people making such suggestions have not watched the movie. They did not show the entirety of Khilji depravation but even what they showed this girls jumping over Khilji is idiotic propaganda. When the movie ended people were pin drop silent. At the end it is an extreme tragedy that will make Hindus and other dharmics think.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 pm

chetak wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 pm
So no thanks, please don’t thank Alauddin for saving Hindus. In fact, it is highly likely that the sky worshiping Mongols would have spared the Hindu population. There is a precedent for this. Genghis Khan, for all his fearsome reputation and his army’s ability to flatten 1000 year old cities in the space of a few hours, was extremely tolerant in religious matters as would be expected of a pagan sky worshiper. There was absolutely no reason for him to destroy India except perhaps Muslim strongholds such as Multan and Delhi. The rest of India would have been just fine and would have welcomed the Mongols as liberators.
[/quote]

That's a very interesting point about Mongols. If we dig deeper into their history, Mongols had extended business relationship with Khwarazm empire who spurned their friendship and worse executed the Mongol messengers.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 pm
You guys need to read political history of India. While Nehru was not Hindu and leftist he was surrounded by nationalist Congressmen and so could not do as much damage as he would have liked. It was Indira Gandhi who made the deal with the devil aka Communists in exchange for support to her regime and also Soviet support. The Communists and assorted leftists were placed in positions of importance particularly academia and media. It was stated Communist policy to white-wash history and the rest is history.

People or women (if true) are appreciating Ranveer's acting not Khilji. Most people making such suggestions have not watched the movie. They did not show the entirety of Khilji depravation but even what they showed this girls jumping over Khilji is idiotic propaganda. When the movie ended people were pin drop silent. At the end it is an extreme tragedy that will make Hindus and other dharmics think.

That should be good enough. Brutality doesn't necessarily need to be shown on screen in its raw form.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:49 pm

twitter
Shocking that there's such muted media outrage over murder of #ChandanGupta by a Muslim mob in #KasganjViolence

dnivas
BGR Newbie

Post by dnivas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:58 pm

chetak wrote:

Unlike Hindu rulers, who would not even gaze in the direction of the enemy’s womenfolk, to the Mohammadens the enemy’s women were war booty. These foreign invaders introduced a highly detestable element of coveting, capturing and raping women.

Indology | 30-01-2018

Insanity. for someone with not very robust ties to India, my head is spinning with the ostrich tendencies of Indian kings. even if 2 of the kings had banded together, the ROP kings could have been sent packing far away. Rich kingdoms taken out by just 8000 men. Incredible!!!.

The article evoked pain that I dint know existed.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:27 pm

[/quote

People were clapping when movie ends! Theater was totally sold out here in East USA. Ranveer was okay but I liked the whole CGI war scenes and Deepika's acting.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 pm

dnivas wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:58 pm
chetak wrote:

Indology | 30-01-2018

Insanity. for someone with not very robust ties to India, my head is spinning with the ostrich tendencies of Indian kings. even if 2 of the kings had banded together, the ROP kings could have been sent packing far away. Rich kingdoms taken out by just 8000 men. Incredible!!!.

If one were to delve into the islamic doctrine of all the occasions when rape is permitted as well as the time limit that is specified for the willful sexual desecration of a female corpse, then the true horror of the inescapable need for jauhar becomes clear.

Normally, a simple suicide instead of jauhar would have sufficed, one would have thought, no??

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:13 pm

chetak wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 am

Indology | 30-01-2018

If one were to delve into the islamic doctrine of all the occasions when rape is permitted as well as the time limit that is specified for the willful sexual desecration of a female corpse, then the true horror of the inescapable need for jauhar becomes clear.

Normally, a simple suicide instead of jauhar would have sufficed, one would have thought, no??
Funny thing is that even today we have ostrich like tendency. Even as India's economy is growing up we need to spend more money on defense otherwise these foreigner mlecches will come again to loot us. All children, youth should be encouraged to learn weapons and at least be physically fit with good nutrition., learn from Israel.

dnivas
BGR Newbie

Post by dnivas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Chetak and this is what pisses me about the motley of anti NM folks. They keep harping how evil and how bad and how not fast he is. What is the alternative. These losers are the first who will cry wolf when the proselytizers knock on their door and there is no way out.

people like these must have been at the vanguard during those times when the muslim/xtian {I was born christian but consider mysefl agnostic] } invaders/traders not just conquered but defiled this land. Disturbing actually. These anti NM folks would have been named and shamed and called traitors and shamed in public in any other country.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:41 pm

this is a mlechchha fairy tale.

The sordid tales of a New Delhi Television Company

The sordid tales of a New Delhi Television Company

There is a Television company, operating out of New Delhi, which we shall call MDTV for convenience sake. MDTV is run by a popular News anchor, whose name is Annoy Roy I think. There a few more characters to this story:

Another anchor who used to work for MDTV – Abhisar Besharma

Besharma’s wife, who is an Income Tax Officer, and who handled MDTV cases – Sumana Insane

Income tax officer who caught MDTV – OK Srivastava

Lawyer & Chartered Accountant who is fighting the cases – S Heromurthy

An influential politician: B Chidamboringam

In this entire story, there are some facts & some allegations, and it is imperative to separate the two. In the first part, let us tackle only the indisputable facts:

Fact 1: MDTV sold and bought back shares of its subsidiary company in a short span of time, thereby making huge money.

MDTV had 21 subsidiary companies all over the world, many in tax haven companies. MDTV itself had incurred losses in most years. MDTV had a subsidiary, which also was loss making. Book value of its shares was negative, face value was around Rs 45. This company had no business and no track record, only a postal address in a foreign country. Yet, this company managed to sell its shares, whose face value was just Rs 45, at Rs 7015 per share. No valuation of these shares was done by either by buyer or seller company. More astoundingly, these very shares were soon bought back by another MDTV group company, for only Rs 634.17 per share. Thus MDTV group made a cool Rs 6381 per share, by just selling and buying back the shares of a loss making subsidiary company. This profit, multiplied into the number of shares, amounted to Rs 634.17 crores. Eventually these shell subsidiary companies were either closed or merged.

MDTV tried to justify the above transaction to Tax authorities saying it managed to “sell a dream” to a foreign buyer, when the economy was booming, and when the “dream went bust” thanks to failing economy, the buyer sold them their own shares back. This story was of course rejected by multiple tax authorities who did not believe that these were genuine transactions. In other words, this was a clear case of roundtripping money using legal loopholes. The tax authorities concluded that MDTV introduced its own unaccounted “black” income under the garb of sale and repurchase of shares.

Fact 2: MDTV raised $100 Million through Bonds issued by subsidiaries, and later redeemed the Bonds for only $ 72.5 Million

In a somewhat similar modus operandi, MDTV via one of its many subsidiaries, issued “Step-Up” Coupon bonds worth $100 Million to some investors. Most of these investors were again based in tax havens like Cayman Islands etc. MDTV was repeatedly asked for details of the investors etc, but they kept replying that such information was already submitted in previous tax cases. The Tax Department checked their records and found no such evidence and eventually MDTV had to submit the details. But MDTV was unable to prove the creditworthiness and genuineness of these investors.

The issue before the Tax Authorities though was about the currency fluctuation on such bonds, and not the actual issue and redemption, hence eventually such currency fluctuation was not taxed. Also, from S Heromurthy’s letters to Annoy Roy it emerges that MDTV could not prove the details of the money repaid to the bond holders, the source of such money nor the amount.

Fact 3: MDTV raised Rs 254.75 Crores of Unsecured Loans again from one of its foreign subsidiary shell companies.

MDTV, took an unsecured loan of Rs 254.75 crores from one of its subsidiary companies. When the tax department asked for the details of the same, MDTV replied saying they had already provided details in earlier years. The Income Tax Department could not find any such details in its records. Eventually MDTV submitted a letter, with “annexures” claiming to explain the issue. But the Tax authorities found that neither were any annexures attached, nor did the letter contain anything related to the above issue. The authorities also noted that whatever documents submitted were only unverified photocopies, which could not be relied upon. Hence it concluded that MDTV could not prove the genuineness of the transaction and hence this loan was also added as unaccounted “black” Income.

Fact 4: MDTV’s tax cases at the first level, were handled by the wife of an MDTV employee (Conflict of Interest)

MDTV had hired a reporter named Abhisar Besharma. Besharma’s wife Sumana Insane was a Tax Officer. She was the Assessing officer of not only MDTV, but of all its group companies. Thus she was in a clear conflict of interest position. When she came in the position, she should have informed the Government that she has a conflict of interest. This is mandate by the rules governing the conduct of Income Tax officers. Neither did Insane do the needful and abstain from this post, nor did MDTV inform the Income Tax Department of this, and let Insane handle all their tax cases.

Fact 5: Abhisar Besharma was given Rs 39 lacs by MDTV via undisclosed underpriced shares and foreign trips.

When the Tax department heard the case of Besharma, in his personal taxation matters, it found that Besharma was issued 15000 shares in MDTV, by MDTV at only Rs 4 per share. The market price of such shares was Rs 32 lacs at that time. It is not illegal to issue such shares at low rates, but the market price should have been included in Besharma’s income by MDTV. But nowhere in his Form 16 or other documents, did MDTV disclose this amount. MDTV also gave an all-expenses paid vacation to Besharma and his family including parents and in-laws to United Kingdom. Besharma claimed that the expenses were borne by him, but could not prove the same. The Tax department worked out the value of such trip to be Rs 7.51 lacs. In total, MDTV had given Besharma benefits worth Rs 39.51 lacs, and hence they were added to Besharma’s income as unaccounted “black” income. This in fact is proof that MDTV indeed “bribed” Besharma and through him, his wife Insane, who was also MDTV’s Tax officer.

Fact 6: Sumana Insane gave an illegal tax refund of Rs 1.47 crores to MDTV

Within a short span of time after the above gratification to her husband, Sumana Insane issued a tax refund of Rs 1.47 crores to MDTV u/s 143(1). This, in-spite of the fact that MDTV’s case for that year was already open u/s 143(2), thus making the refund illegal. This was noticed by the Audit team of IT Department in 2014 and the refund was declared illegal. Also, Sumana had taken permission from the IT department to go with her husband Abhisar, employee of MDTV, on a foreign trip. IT department had given a conditional approval stating that she should not accept any hospitality from MDTV, and she must also not be involved with MDTV tax matters, either in past or future. Obviously Sumana had violated both these conditions.

Fact 7: OK Srivastava caught MDTV in the act

In 2007, OK Srivastava an honest Income Tax Officer and Commissioner, caught MDTV’s hanky-panky. At that time, he only filed an “inspection note” alleging tax-evasion of Rs 200 crore. But as he went deeper into the case, he found much more data, which resulted in him writing to the Prime Minister in 2012, asking him to grant permission to initiate action against MDTV and even B Chidamboringam who he believed was the king pin in the money-laundering.

Fact 8: Within a month of OK Srivastava’s inspection note on MDTV, he was suspended on charges of Sexual Harassment.

Instead of being rewarded for his unearthing of a potential scam, OK Srivastava was suspended within a month, by his senior, on charges of sexual harassment of 2 women officers. Who were the 2 women officers? One was the very Sumana Insane who was involved in the MDTV illegal refund case. The same Sumana Insane who was the wife of Abhisar Besharma who was an MDTV employee.

Fact 9: OK Srivastava was cleared of these fake sexual harassment charges

Firstly, in 2010, the Central Administrative Tribunal set aside the suspension because there was no substantial progress in the case, and it was not as per guidelines. It noted that the suspension was biased and unreasonable, and that OK Srivastava was an officer with excellent service record. Next, in 2012, the preliminary report of the investigating committee (of which a majority were females), found that the allegations were baseless as at no point of time were OK Srivastava and Sumana Insane in the same office, neither were they ever in a senior/junior position. So there was no chance for any kind of harassment.

Fact 10: OK Srivastava continues to be targeted by these women in-spite of being cleared

In a last ditch attempt, now in 2015, these two ladies have filed a “PIL” in Supreme court against OK Srivastava, claiming that he is harassing them and hence the tax orders passed against them must be quashed. The importance of quashing these orders is as follows: At “Fact 5” above, IT Department determined that Abhisar Besharma, husband of IT officer Sumana Insane, had received benefits from MDTV, which were never disclosed. This amounts to proving that MDTV had bribed Abhisar and wife Sumana. If this order stands, it becomes very easy to prove that all of Sumana’s favours to MDTV flow from this bribe, thereby nailing her and MDTV.

These are the facts. Things which have been proved and cannot be disputed. But some things maybe unclear. Like how is Chaidamboringam involved. These will be dealt with Part 2, which will spell out all the allegations on MDTV by various people of repute. All of them may or may not be true.

(P.S.: Since the above post is purely fiction and does not bear any resemblance to any real-life Television Company from New Delhi, there are no sources cited for any of the above)

(P.P.S: Unrelated – We don’t like law suits)

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:02 pm

How about MDTV (private) was helped by poordarshan (government) to start its operation by congoons!

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:06 pm

http://indianexpress.com/article/entert ... r-5043412/
some how feminazis are united in Jauhar opposition: seeing the world with tinted glasses they want women to accept rape & sex alvery as badge of honor and carry on as if nothing ever happened

And if that wasn’t enough, in what we can call the film’s keynote address, Padmavati moves a large group of women (including a pregnant mother) to perform ‘jauhar’ for their husbands. And that is exactly the point when Padmaavat moves from a boring yawn-fest to a dodgy cringe-fest of male chauvinism for me. And the problem again lies in the blatant glorification of this horrendous act of ‘jauhar.’ It is almost spelled out loud for the audience with a pitch black theatre screen resonating with the narrator’s voice, “Padmavati ka jauhar, Khilji ki sabse badi haar aur Rajputo ki sabse badi jeet thi.”

We are reminded of the ‘exemplary’ Rajput ‘usool’ more times than we can count. The Rajput ki talwar, Rajput ka dhar and Rajput ke kangan have been given some insane amount of screen time. While ultimately these famed ‘usool’ only become the excuse Ratan Singh has for every faulty strategy and for every wasted opportunity to kill Khilji.

One, when an unarmed Khilji graces the Chittor Fort, Rajput ‘usool’ say ‘you can’t attack a guest,’ second, when Ratan Singh is singularly face-to-face with a dilapidated Khilji, Rajput usool say ‘you can’t attack a ‘ghayal’ and lastly when Khilji and Ratan Singh are embroiled in their deadly lockdown, Rajput usool say ‘the army stands by the king’s decision,’ even if the other side cheats.

padmaavat sanjay leela bhansali deepika padukone ranveer singh shahid kapoor Deepika Padukone during her moving address in Padmaavat.
Padmaavat lives on the extremes. It presents a world where there is an incessant flattery of Rajputana on one side but on the other, there is an absolute demonisation of the Khiljis who are given to every moral vice that ever existed – gluttony, voluptuousness, greed and ambition.

And while Bhansali does explore a new dimension of suggested homosexuality in Khilji’s relationship with Malik Kafur (Jim Sarbh), we are left wishing that he would have given the same amount of time to the rest of the themes and plot. He even touches upon the motif of mystique with the Rajguru’s act but sadly doesn’t feel the need to build over it. And despite Ranveer delivering a top-notch performance as the epitome of the extremist villainy, Padmaavat always remains in the strictly drawn black and white, never daring to paint the grey.

With an insipid narrative and relentless exaltation of the Rajputana, Padmaavat ends up being a tiring affair.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 pm

As they say from the liberandu school of thought. That is how most of our humanities are from where these products come from. The reviewer should have restricted herself to the content of the film not what the social mores were few hundred years back. But liberandu khujli apart the film has already done what it was intended to do i.e. remind us of our history and make a few hundred crores in the process.