Cricket

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Muns
Forum Moderator

Re: Cricket

Post by Muns » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 am

I think what has happened at the GABA continues to reverberate all across the cricketing world. What is interesting is that many former cricketers who simply wrote India off her now coming to eat humble pie. This was a series for the ages that’s for sure. All those that claimed that do this would be 4-0 whitewash by Australia are now looking to dig themselves into a hole and cover themselves up. This includes payments cricketers previously including Michael Vaughn and Ricky Ponting as well.

The others also include Mark Waugh and Michael Clark. I can’t think of too many parallels for India in recent past. Some keep pointing out to the 2011 World Cup or even the NatWest final.
However, the win here seemed so improbable especially with a junior India A team it seemed.

Rahul Dravid has been also receiving the accolades for guiding a lot of the youngsters through with regard to management. Even the Pakistanis can stop oohing that it was really a management success with Dravid guiding a lot of the youngsters to professional level.

It is now become a selection headache I feel for the next couple of tests. Guys like Kuldeep Yadav was pretty much benched almost the whole series will likely never get a chance. Also tough I feel for incoming KL Rahul and pretty much the death of Saha with Pant batting like he does…..

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:11 am

Anand Mahinda giving 6 SUV's to the young debutants of India at the Gabba test.

The twitter video shows the struggles of these many rising champs ; worth a view

https://twitter.com/anandmahindra/statu ... 2440365056

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:50 am

So it looks like India will clean up the second test. Ashwin has cleaned up in the first innings with another five wicket haul. Now scored above 50 as well... Doubt the English will be able to hold up on the second Innings. Unfortunately I think what is upsetting is the lack of opportunity given to Kuldeep. Has not been able to bowl since 2018 and in the first innings was only given six overs.
Hopefully he'll be given much more of a chance in the second innings to claim a few wickets and keep his place in the side.